Thread: Aaron Zelman - Director of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - dead at 64

Unhappy Aaron Zelman - Director of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - dead at 64

This sucks, Aaron was a tireless, ferocious defender of the 2nd Amendment.

Apparently he passed away last week at 64.

His activism will be sorely, greatly, missed.

Shalom and R.I.P.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/12/29/a...f-jpfo-passes/
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I quite like the JPFO. Shame, RIP.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Ah man, terrible news.

RIP, Aaron.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Rest in Peace, brother. You lit the way for many.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

We have lost a true friend of liberty and great citizen. Let us resolve to be worthy of the legacy he has left us.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Claire Wolfe at Backwoods Home Magazine writes the following:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...on-zelman-rip/

# Claire Says:
    December 29th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Well, I’ve received a bit more word from LaVonne, the secretary at JPFO. She has made a request that I don’t think it’s possible to comply with now.

Apparently the Zelman family was trying to keep a lid on the news of Aaron’s death until they could make some plans for the future. They planned (and still plan) to make an official announcement sometime next week. But then a neighbor of the Zelmans wrote to BHM and I found the mini-obituary and blogged the news … and that genie was out of the bottle.

I don’t think they realized how swiftly the ‘net picks up word — or how vast the respect for Aaron really is.

LaVonne requests that comment be kept to a minimum until the family and JPFO put out their own announcement. Given the ‘net, it’s too late for that. But it might help them if we all refrained from contacting JPFO or the family about this until they’re ready.

(Jackie — he hardly needed to tell you to fight evil; you’re pretty darned good at that. Julian — your words and your suggestion are powerful stuff. Len Savage — you’re as much a hero as Aaron was, and anybody who doesn’t know why should google you. Everybody — thanks for giving a damn. Aaron really was all that Julian and others are saying about him.)
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

A respected patriot has moved on - R.I.P.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ברוך אתה ה' א‑לוהינו מלך העולם, דין האמת.

Bummer.

RIP

-t

Rest in peace, brother.

- ML

Rip
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Rest in Peace.
    Hopefully many others with continue the fight.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom