Thread: Borax Health Benefits

Borax Health Benefits

I decided I wanted to make a borax cleaner with peroxide. So I started surfing around for a good recipe. As I kept looking up stuff about borax uses I came across this article at "EarthClinic" It has a side bar listing many ailments that have been treated successfully with Borax. It also encourages people to pay attention to their body and to learn more about self care. A lot of people actually drink water with Borax and a lot of effort goes into learning about dosage and saying that less is better. A lot of people foolishly think if a little does something good a lot will be better. The comment section is a wealth of information covering safety, side effects, and the banning of it in Europe. An excerpt and a link to the article posted below:

Quote Originally Posted by EarthClinic
    Borax is an increasingly popular natural remedy for a whole host of health issues. Commonly used as a natural cleaning agent, Borax reported cures and health benefits are extensive. Additionally, this remedy is easy to make and very inexpensive.

Borax is used to treat overall chronic illness, including autoimmune diseases, hormone problems, and chronic pain.

Sodium borate is also useful for treating a variety of specific ailments. As an anti-inflammatory agent, borax effectively treats arthritis, gout, swollen gums, and other inflammatory diseases.

Additionally, the substance eliminates infection such as bladder infection, urinary tract infection, and others. Borax has also been used to treat cancer, obesity, high blood pressure, arterial disease, and osteoporosis.
    https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/borax.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Borax converts to Boron in your body which is the 5th element. It's normal for you to get some in your diet if you are eating good foods. I take the boron supplement, I haven't been brave enough to eat the borax yet. I have read 6-12 mg boron is good based on some studies. It seems to influence magnesium levels, and magnesium does a whole lot of good stuff. Supplementing some boron and magnesium biglycinate has been good for me.

I have taken some supplements that have boron in it.I have found that multi vitamins always have something in them that either makes my stomach hurt or some other negative reaction. I am going to mix up a batch using half the recommended dosage and see if it has any effect on me first before I take the recommended dose.
    I did make a foot bath with it and like the way my feet felt afterwards.

Borax does not convert to boron. Boron is one of the components of naturally occurring compound Borax along with sodium, oxygen and, hydrogen. Since none of the other elements in borax is toxic to humans I feel okay using it the way earth clinic recommends.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have taken some supplements that have boron in it.I have found that multi vitamins always have something in them that either makes my stomach hurt or some other negative reaction. I am going to mix up a batch using half the recommended dosage and see if it has any effect on me first before I take the recommended dose.
    I did make a foot bath with it and like the way my feet felt afterwards.

Borax does not convert to boron. Boron is one of the components of naturally occurring compound Borax along with sodium, oxygen and, hydrogen. Since none of the other elements in borax is toxic to humans I feel okay using it the way earth clinic recommends.
    Borax, or Sodium Tetraborate (Na2B4O7 • 10H2O), is made up of sodium, oxygen and boron.

boron is hydrolyzed to boric acid within the gastrointestinal tract

Boric acid is created from the mixture of borax with other naturally occurring minerals such as boracite and colemanite. Basically, the addition of hydrogen or another acid to borax creates the compound boric acid or hydrogen borate

Interesting.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Borax can cause vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea if you ingest it by itself, and massive amounts can lead to shock and kidney failure. That's why it is banned in U.S. food products. It also can hurt your skin and eyes, and it can pain your nose, throat, and lungs if you breathe it in.

Quote Originally Posted by bracknelson View Post
    Borax can cause vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea if you ingest it by itself, and massive amounts can lead to shock and kidney failure. That's why it is banned in U.S. food products. It also can hurt your skin and eyes, and it can pain your nose, throat, and lungs if you breathe it in.
    That is true, it is toxic if ingested in large amounts. The amounts I see recommended for health benefits is a tiny pinch of it mixed in water (it takes some time and some mixing to get it fully dissolved), and it is recommended to be taken with some magnesium.

I think one of the main benefits of using borax as opposed to a boron supplement is the cost. A box of borax costs a few dollars, and would probably last a lifetime. So it is essentially free.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by bracknelson View Post
    Yes and there are lots of meds that have death and worse disease than the oe being treated as side effects when taken as directed. It is also possible to drink too much water. The recommended dose is safe. Now I know there are many idiots out there that don't know how to follow directions. But it is my hope that most of the people here know how to follow directions and read the precautions before deciding to use it but, you never know. Any time I try something new like this I always take half the recommended dosage or even less because I know I have a fast metabolism and I am very sensitive. I don't know if I will ever take the full dose as long as I get results with half the dose.

The recommended dose just to be clear is 1/4 tsp for large people and 1/8tsp for small people mixed in one liter of water. To be drank throughout day not all at once.It has to be mixed with water. I mix 1/16tsp in one gallon of water and fill up a small juice glass with the mix once a day. I also wet my tooth brush with it and brush my teeth with it

For me I noticed that my teeth feel much stronger and my bones also feel pretty darn good since drinking it. I take it in the morning every other day or so. I did it once at night and stayed up all night reading and did not feel tired all the next day But. I usually only sleep about 5 hrs a night and I am probably more energetic than most people.

I also add a small amount to my dish water and I have noticed that a small growth that was growing between my fingers has disappeared. Is it because of the borax? I don't know but it happened right after I started doing it and had been there for a few years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.