Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16 Year Old School Girl Charged With Terrorism Conspiracy in Iowa

16 Year Old School Girl Charged With Terrorism Conspiracy in Iowa

http://www.libertariannews.org/2011/...sm-conspiracy/

Looks like thing such as school bullying or gang rivalry is now falling under the definition of "terrorism." This is in Iowa:

Ottumwa Courier reports:

OTTUMWA — An Ottumwa High School student has been charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism.

Police arrested Emily Kay Six, 16, Ottumwa, on Thursday. Officials said they began investigating after Six allegedly began trying to recruit students for what police called “a plan to harm a number of students.”

The charge is a Class D felony. Six was taken to a juvenile detention facility following her arrest.

Police Chief Jim Clark said Six’s plans were stopped before they could be acted upon. The investigation is ongoing, though, and Clark would not comment on whether others may have been aware of Six’s efforts.

Under the charge of terrorism, Emily faces:

-Extraordinary rendition into the hands of foreign governments where should could be legally tortured to give up information on her fellow conspirators.

-Indefinite detention without the right to a trial.

-Incarceration at a military installation, overseas or domestically, under military jurisdiction.

-Water boarding, sleep deprivation, deafening sounds, and other forms of “approved” torture at the hands of US authorities.

-Summary execution by presidential order.

-and other heinous violations of her civil rights.

While clearly I don’t think Emily will face any of these possible outcomes, what if Emily was a dark skinned 30 year old woman conspiring with men of similar ilk in a local temple? Does that somehow change the appropriate response of the State? If so, why?

The fact that the State is coming after a 16 year old with terrorism charges should frighten the day lights out of you. We can rest assured that such charges will become more common place as society devolves in to civil unrest caused by the implosion of the monetary system. The State could have charged her with conspiracy to commit murder, mayhem, assault, or any other personal type of crime that people commit against one another; yet they didn’t. They chose to come after her with terrorism charges because these are the most vague laws that provide the State with the most latitude in prosecuting her.

When it comes to putting people behind bars, the State always takes the path of least resistance.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My God... this is truly frightening. We all saw this coming from a mile away, but I actually didn't think that a terrorism charge would be thrown at a teenager, for Pete's sake. I suppose there's no level too low for the government to sink to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    My God... this is truly frightening. We all saw this coming from a mile away, but I actually didn't think that a terrorism charge would be thrown at a teenager, for Pete's sake. I suppose there's no level too low for the government to sink to.
    I truly thought they would come after political dissenters first. AKA....us.

Why so surprised?

Law Enforcement (and I use the term loosely) will happily grab ANY available tool which can be used to threaten and subjugate the general population.

We saw that with the enactment of the Patriot Act. We saw it with the end of Habeas Corpus. We saw it with the casual disregard with which Posse Comitatus was kicked to the curb by overeager police departments around the country. I could cite example after example.....

By the time enough people actually wake up to the nature of the problem, we are going to be so completely and thoroughly f*ck*d it will be too late to matter.

So are they going to hide her away and keep her from trial till after the war on terrorism is over? In other words, forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So are they going to hide her away and keep her from trial till after the war on terrorism is over? In other words, forever?

I'm guessing - *just* guessing - that the answer to your question will be no. To do that right now would create a lot of blowback for that particularly crappy little department, or the idiot DA who has levied the "terrorism" charges.

The point the article is making is that under the current rules for the "war" on terrorism, the girl COULD be treated that way, and she would have no legal recourse to prevent it.

My best guess: The DA will use all the threats the article mentioned to terrorize - and yes, I'm using this word deliberately here - terrorize the girl into a confession and a plea deal.

DA: "You know, honey, we could ship your sweet little ass off to Pakistan and let those folks take care of you, yes we could. We can do that legally now. They'll waterboard the truth out of you, toss you into a dark dungeon, and mommy and daddy will never hear from you again. Understand? WE CAN DO THAT TO YOU LEGALLY, IF WE WANT!!"

Terrorized girl: "OMG! I can't believe this is happening to me!"

Parents: "Emily, for God's sake, darling, take the deal he's offering you! We would rather see you serve 20 years in maximum security here in the U.S. than see you shipped to Pakistan!"

Anyone think I'm wrong? If anyone thinks I'm off base here, I would love to hear the reasoning why.
    Last edited by KCIndy; 12-25-2011 at 12:12 PM.

hmm... happening in Iowa of all places, eh?

very odd.

very odd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    I truly thought they would come after political dissenters first. AKA....us.
    soft targets first. to test the reaction of the people.

separate the wheat from the chaff (people who will stand against this from the people who remain silent and the people who outright support it) and create some chaos and line the sights...

then on those hard targets.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep in mind, everyone, that these new so-called "terrorism" laws are a prosecutor's wet dream. The statutes are so vague and all encompassing, a DA can now "throw the book" at almost anyone and get something to stick, no matter how slight the actual evidence is.

I've done a bit more searching on this story, and from everything I can see, this whole thing was nothing more than a few bullied and picked-on students discussing on Facebook that they would like to do something nasty to their tormentors

I'm guessing that the DA couldn't find any real charges to file that had a snowball's chance in hell of sticking. So... out come the books with the new "anti-terrorism" statutes, and bingo! We go from no case at all to a BIG case - a case that will look like a Major Crimes conviction won by the Prosecutor's Office.

A few snippets from other news stories:

http://journalexpress.net/cnhi/x1818...with-terrorism
    Michael Six, Emily’s father, said the family does not agree with the police characterization of her as a potential terrorist. He described a shy girl who enjoys church and hopes to become a veterinarian.

“If I did any volunteering anywhere, she would go with me,” he said.

Michael said there are five other students whom police investigated in the case and he believes Emily is being used by those students as a scapegoat. He characterized Emily as a follower, rather than an instigator.

Michael reviewed Emily’s Facebook page and her chats on it and what he read does not suggest she wanted to harm others. She was bullied, he said, but was not planning to hurt her fellow students.

“Out of everything that has been found so far, I’m not finding the stuff the police have found,” he said. “A lot of things aren’t adding up.”

And a great point made by a local columnist:
    http://www.examiner.com/homeland-sec...rorism-charges
    According to Iowa State law, "Conspiracy to Commit Terrorism" is a violation of Chapter 706.1/708.1(3), a Class 'D' Felony.

Federal laws enacted after 9/1, included the U.S Department of Homeland Security naming the FBI as the lead agency in all suspected acts of domestic terrorism until there is evidence to prove otherwise. There is no mention of the FBI's involvement in the Iowa teen's case.

A man who was arrested on terrorism-related charges last month in New York City did not involve the FBI either. The law was established to take the guess work out of who is in charge should terrorists strike again, a 'lesson-learned' from the chaos which followed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.

Either the FBI is the lead or it isn't. If not, who is?

See Something Say Something.

This is going to get much worse before it gets better.

Michael said there are five other students whom police investigated in the case and he believes Emily is being used by those students as a scapegoat. He characterized Emily as a follower, rather than an instigator.
    And that is how everybody will turned into snitches and be at each others throats including friends and family.

Time for all of us mundanes to start taking vows of omertà.

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without police protection is both. It is as cowardly to betray an offender to justice, even though his offences be against yourself, as it is not to avenge an injury by violence. It is dastardly and contemptible in a wounded man to betray the name of his assailant, because if he recovers, he must naturally expect to take vengeance himself."
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-25-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And that is how everybody will turned into snitches and be at each others throats including friends and family.

Just wait till they start giving people money to turn other people in. That's when things will really heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Just wait till they start giving people money to turn other people in. That's when things will really heat up.
    They already do, all across the country.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Keep in mind, everyone, that these new so-called "terrorism" laws are a prosecutor's wet dream. The statutes are so vague and all encompassing, a DA can now "throw the book" at almost anyone and get something to stick, no matter how slight the actual evidence is.

I've done a bit more searching on this story, and from everything I can see, this whole thing was nothing more than a few bullied and picked-on students discussing on Facebook that they would like to do something nasty to their tormentors

I'm guessing that the DA couldn't find any real charges to file that had a snowball's chance in hell of sticking. So... out come the books with the new "anti-terrorism" statutes, and bingo! We go from no case at all to a BIG case - a case that will look like a Major Crimes conviction won by the Prosecutor's Office.
    This is similar to the way the highly specific and limited definition of 'treason' in the Constitution was circumvented by the statists, by creating a voluminous law called the anti-Espionage Act. Once prosecuted under that vague behemoth of a statute, the state can persecute you in the media as a 'traitor' even though your only offense may have been to blow the cover on government corruption by leaking excessively withheld secrets, an act of patriotism. Bradley Manning today, Assange tomorrow, your teenaged daughter next?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

There's a fundamental difference between murder and terrorism. At least there once was. We've blurred the lines between the definitions, and now a run-of-the-mill school shooting (murder) for example is now terrorism.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

I'm waiting to hear about journalistic terrorists.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think it will stick at this particular point, but it's disconcerting that the attempt is being made. It will succeed eventually though. I'm almost amazed at how quickly things are moving.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without police protection is both. It is as cowardly to betray an offender to justice, even though his offences be against yourself, as it is not to avenge an injury by violence. It is dastardly and contemptible in a wounded man to betray the name of his assailant, because if he recovers, he must naturally expect to take vengeance himself."
    That - just like in east Germany
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post

separate the wheat from the chaff (people who will stand against this from the people who remain silent and the people who outright support it) and create some chaos and line the sights...

You hit the nail on the head with that one.^^^

Something that I was wondering about this article....

Did something change that allows the media to publish the names of minors? This is the first time (to my recollection) that I've seen the full name and photo of a minor published in this way.
    Last edited by 123tim; 12-26-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Hopefully the DA actually makes these threats so this case can get media attention before too many primaries pass. If the public wakes up to the ramifications of NDAA. It can then be reversed by electing RP and others like him.

A liberty-loving DA would be smart to quickly expose NDAA for what it really is by sending an accused to another country for torture. Hopefully he would be humane about
    it and not actually carry out torture. Just show that it can be done to make the point. Hopefully this DA would arrange to conduct this on an accused who has means to
    litigate to the US Supreme Court.

I thought she might have been a Ron Paul supporter at first.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Forty Twice View Post
    Hopefully the DA actually makes these threats so this case can get media attention before too many primaries pass. If the public wakes up to the ramifications of NDAA. It can then be reversed by electing RP and others like him.

A liberty-loving DA would be smart to quickly expose NDAA for what it really is by sending an accused to another country for torture. Hopefully he would be humane about
    it and not actually carry out torture. Just show that it can be done to make the point. Hopefully this DA would arrange to conduct this on an accused who has means to
    litigate to the US Supreme Court.
    While it is probably necessary to have an Alamo in order to get to San Jacinto. And then we can honor those who stood at the Alamo.

It still sucks to be one of the guys at the Alamo.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

A bit more on it here.
    http://www.heartlandconnection.com/n...3#.TvidZYQxiOM

Comments from her father and others in the area.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

LibForestPaul

Is the father posting on this site? Could someone w/ facebook account let him know...1 no talking 2 lawyer 3 child no talking

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post

this^
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

This is a terrorist? They have lost their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Is the father posting on this site? Could someone w/ facebook account let him know...1 no talking 2 lawyer 3 child no talking
    And, judging from the reactions of numerous people on the linked article-everything is going to the government's plans...

I would never wish harm on any of those people, but the evil side of me sometimes wishes all those who approve of this because it makes them feel safe would get there doors kicked in and kidnapped by the .gov in the middle of the night. Hopefully, on camera, because the WTF look on their faces would be priceless.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Perfect photo opportunity for Ron Paul in Iowa to help these poor parents get their daughter back home and drive home his point on terrorism laws in America today.

From another article:

Family members have a very different view.

Michael Six, Emily’s father, said the family does not agree with the police characterization of her as a potential terrorist. He described a shy girl who enjoys church and hopes to become a veterinarian.

“If I did any volunteering anywhere, she would go with me,” he said.

Michael reviewed Emily’s Facebook page and her chats on it and what he read does not suggest she wanted to harm others. She was bullied, he said, but was not planning to hurt her fellow students.

“Out of everything that has been found so far, I’m not finding the stuff the police have found,” he said. “A lot of things aren’t adding up.”

Ottumwa Superintendent Davis Eidahl said the district and the police are cooperating closely.

Eidahl said he believes the discussions at the high school were “at the very early conversational stage.” But he did not rule out additional students being involved and said others were asked to participate. The district and police interviewed a number of students in their investigations and Eidahl said other students’ names did come up in the course of those discussions.

“Based on some of those interviews we will look at the depth … and possibility of how involved other students were in those conversations,” he said.

Eidahl emphasized that the threats against the school and students came to light because of the students themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Perfect photo opportunity for Ron Paul in Iowa to help these poor parents get their daughter back home and drive home his point on terrorism laws in America today.
    Good call, he would win Iowa for sure and it would be a good wake up call to the whole country.

Lot's of people would be in shock, and rightfully so, but...... it would be a good "slap in the face."
    FJB

Mach, I flagged this news story last March from the Washington Times:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ms-tough-luck/

Last week, President Barack Obama addressed an anti-bullying conference with First Lady Michelle Obama at his side. The administration's anti-bullying campaign has been ongoing since the beginning of Mr. Obama's term. The Department of Justice announced in December 2010 its intention to hold liable school districts that fail to protect students that are bullied.
    The Justice Department’s anti-bullying initiative is tantamount to bringing hate crime legislation to the public school system. Obviously, not only is the heterosexual white male student out of luck but inner city minority students lose out in this deal too.

If a schoolyard bully is a straight black male and his target is another straight black male where does that leave the victim in the eyes of Attorney General Eric Holder? What about two female students of the same sexual orientation and race? Is the victim in the latter situation considered to be less equal in the eyes of Obama’s Justice Department than a minority student who is picked on by a heterosexual white male student with no disabilities?

Unfortunately, the Justice Department is politicizing its priorities yet again. One must wonder why the administration believes it should be micro managing local school districts' bullying problems. When the Justice Department is more interested in making ideological statements through seemingly sugar coated campaigns, no one should feel protected.
    The root of the problem is the Obama administration using the Justice Department to force school administrators to over react.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast