Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officer Beat 4-Year-Old, Put Him in Critical Condition

Officer Beat 4-Year-Old, Put Him in Critical Condition

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-ore...friends-son-4/

SHERIDAN, Ore. - Police in Oregon are alleging a Yamhill County reserve police officer beat his girlfriend’s four-year-old son until the boy suffered a severe brain injury, seven fractured ribs, and tears in his bowel and intestine, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by CBS News' Crimesider.

The reserve officer, Michael Shane Abo, 34, is facing assault and criminal mistreatment charges following a grand jury indictment, reports CBS affiliate KOIN. Abo denied striking the child and told officers the boy had fallen from a stairwell, according to the affidavit.

Yamhill police responded to a report on New Year’s Eve of an injured four-year-old at a home where Abo lived with the boy and his mother in Sheridan, about 50 miles southwest of Portland, according to the affidavit. The boy’s injuries were so severe that officials medivaced him to a nearby hospital.

The boy was transported in critical condition, reports the station.

In addition to the severe brain injury, internal tearing and rib fractures, the boy also sustained bruising on several parts of his body, according to the affidavit. Yamhill County District Attorney Brad Berry told Crimesider he didn’t know the boy’s current condition.

The accused, Abo, was hired as a Yamhill County deputy in 2008, but was fired in November 2012 for an "internal personnel issue,” reports KOIN. Abo reportedly became a reserve officer with Yamhill police department in January 2013, but hasn't worked since August.

When questioned by police at the hospital, Abo denied hurting the child. He said he had seen the boy jumping up and down on a stairwell before he went into his bedroom, heard a thump, and found the child on his back at the bottom of the stairwell.

Hospital officials, however, told police the boy’s injuries were likely caused by blunt force trauma and weren’t consistent with falling from a stairwell.

Police believe there were at least two incidents on two different dates in which Abo caused “serious physical injury” to the child, the affidavit states.

The child’s mother told police she moved into Abo’s home with her son in December, and afterwards, said the child started showing changes in his behavior including biting his fingers. Abo told police he was the child’s sole childcare provider Sunday through Thursday while his mother worked in Vancouver, according to the affidavit.

The child’s mother told police she didn’t see the bruising on her son because Abo didn’t allow her to bathe or clothe the boy, the affidavit alleges.

The mother said she did notice a bruise on her son’s right arm, the affidavit alleges, which Abo said the boy sustained as he was teaching him “how to wrestle.”

“It's difficult in that to see a young child who is essentially defenseless hurt in the manner that this young boy was hurt," McMinnville Police Capt. Matt Scales told KOIN. "We want to have the person that's responsible for this held accountable."

Abo is being held in neighboring Washington County because of his ties to Yamhill County law enforcement, reports the station.

Abo was reportedly arraigned Monday, but didn’t enter a plea. He was visibly distraught during a video appearance in a Washington County court Monday afternoon, according to KOIN.

The station says he’s being held on $500,000 bond.
    Thinking of the children is not important. Knowing WHAT they think of children IS important.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the officer at least safe now?

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    Is the officer at least safe now?
    Good point, a young four year old is just as dangerous as a family dog, which also have a history of assaulting police officers and forcing them to take action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

I can't decide which direction my knee should jerk towards, officer safety coming first, or thinking of the children.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

stop resisting, stop resisting.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    stop resisting, stop resisting.
    The four year old wouldn't stop resisting, not to mention he was probably on PCP or something. He brought it on himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

There's a tough guy.

Fact: The most dangerous person to any child is mom's boyfriend.

The child’s mother told police she moved into Abo’s home with her son in December, and afterwards, said the child started showing changes in his behavior including biting his fingers.
    [...]
    The child’s mother told police she didn’t see the bruising on her son because Abo didn’t allow her to bathe or clothe the boy, the affidavit alleges.
    No red flags there, eh, mom? Dumb broad.
    Last edited by Lucille; 01-17-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Abusive $#@! drawn to the force so he can act in a way more comfortable to him, ends up abusing his gf's kid. Keep perspective folks, he didn't hurt the kid because he was a cop.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Abusive $#@! drawn to the force so he can act in a way more comfortable to him, ends up abusing his gf's kid. Keep perspective folks, he didn't hurt the kid because he was a cop.
    I have no doubt that many cops were the biggest pricks in high school. The best place for a violent person to be employed is the PD where the worst that happens is they get a paid vacation for killing someone.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Keep perspective folks, he didn't hurt the kid because he was a cop.
    No,, he is a Cop because he is an Abusive $#@!.

And that is why 90% become cops in the first place.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No,, he is a Cop because he is an Abusive $#@!.

And that is why 90% become cops in the first place.
    That was my point. Hate of cops is understandable when applicable, blind hate is not.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

I think we can all agree that procedure and policy was followed.

And have you ever had to deal with a violent 4 year old?...not a situation a 200 lb. cop needs to deal with. They don't have time for this.

Quote Originally Posted by tasteless View Post
    I can't decide which direction my knee should jerk towards, officer safety coming first, or thinking of the children.
    Officer safety. The child did it to himself, after all.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

and tears in his bowel and intestine
    To me this dude qualifies as one who "needs killin".....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    To me this dude qualifies as one who "needs killin".....
    life in a rape cage is worse. Letting this animal escape through death is a reward for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    life in a rape cage is worse. Letting this animal escape through death is a reward for him.
    Remember.........I don't advocate for government killing anyone.

I can assure you if the child were one of my family members this guys death would be slow and painful.

"Rape cage" = internet slang for "I've never been locked up and watch too many movies."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember.........I don't advocate for government killing anyone.

I can assure you if the child were one of my family members this guys death would be slow and painful.

"Rape cage" = internet slang for "I've never been locked up and watch too many movies."
    so, you've been incarcerated before, and know for a fact its like being in a condo in Jamaica....ok...

so, you've been incarcerated before, and know for a fact its like being in a condo in Jamaica....ok...
    Full of $#@! as a Christmas turkey...

But "rape cage" sounds cool....

not even 102 cries for help would have helped the 4 year old.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

That was my point. Hate of cops is understandable when applicable, blind hate is not.
    I hate the concept of police..
    It is contrary to Liberty by definition and by conception.

The very concept of Control Enforcers, is repugnant.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

OFFS
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Full of $#@! as a Christmas turkey...

But "rape cage" sounds cool....

I have been.And avoiding rape depends on your willingness to fight.

But a scumbag like this would not last long in General Population without protection.

and yes,, I have walked through other men's blood enough to know the realities.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have been.And avoiding rape depends on your willingness to fight.

But a scumbag like this would not last long in General Population without protection.

and yes,, I have walked through other men's blood enough to know the realities.
    harsh...

not something to wish on anybody. Sadly, some don't play well with others, like murdering people.

Toss em in a cell....3 hots and cot. CLANG goes the door.

Happy Trails.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The child did this to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The child did this to himself.

i think it was violent video games responsible...

ban computers.

We need to ban police: for the children.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Justice is being served here, is it not? This guy is facing a trial for what he did.

"The reserve officer, Michael Shane Abo, 34, is facing assault and criminal mistreatment charges following a grand jury indictment, reports CBS affiliate KOIN. Abo denied striking the child and told officers the boy had fallen from a stairwell, according to the affidavit."

And who says that this guy only did this because he's a police officer? Unfortunately, abuse of children happens all the time in America, and it's a very sad, sick, and disgusting thing. But the perpetrators of such abuse aren't just police officers and those who work for the government.
    Last edited by Brett85; 01-17-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Justice is being served here, is it not? This guy is facing a trial for what he did.

"The reserve officer, Michael Shane Abo, 34, is facing assault and criminal mistreatment charges following a grand jury indictment, reports CBS affiliate KOIN. Abo denied striking the child and told officers the boy had fallen from a stairwell, according to the affidavit."

And who says that this guy only did this because he's a police officer? Unfortunately, abuse of children happens all the time in America, and it's a very sad, sick, and disgusting thing. But the perpetrators of such abuse aren't just police officers and those who work for the government.
    My post was kind of playing off Obama's stupid "gotta ban guns for the children" bit.

I don't see why the fact that its being punished means it shouldn't be discussed: though.

I think in this case, as was pointed out, you have a guy who was already a sociopath and was thus attracted to a "profession" (I use that term loosely here) in order to gain power. Sociopaths are drawn to the policing profession because it allows them to get away with it. Luckily, in this case, he isn't getting away with it.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

''He isn't getting away with it............yet''

call me jaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast