Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POTUS nominates 10th Circuit Court Judge Neil Gorsuch to SCOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    The liberals really are running scared. They are losing. There are seismic geopolitical and philosophical shifts which are occurring across the world, and by sheer numbers, the liberals are on the losing side.

The politicians are fighting for their political lives. They have been left wearing pink hats, and chanting death to cops. They are losing the culture war, by and large because of the internet which is informing and educating people.

In the times of old, public executions are what exposed how evil and ruthless man can be.

Now, we see beheadings and dead children on a regular basis.

The people are waking up and the electoral college blowout proves it.

People can see the complete hypocrisy, godlessness and debauchery which the Democrat Party has become as a political party and ideology. The majority will have their say in a democracy, and they are sick of the occultism of Hollywood and the music industry, and the evil which the largest corporations propagate and propagandize, most especially in the main stream media outlets such as CNN, the Huffington Post, or whatever other websites which hold Soros as some kind of great leader for their movements and cause.

He too, that is Soros, is on the losing side of history, and he will fund whatever cause which fulfills his plan of destabilization and revolt in this nation. And he is a wealthy man.

I will not be surprised at all that the Dem's filibuster this nomination. In fact, I am completely expecting it.
    Electoral College blowout? The nation is split down the middle and hyper-partisanship is destructive.

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/s...81634330980352
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Electoral College blowout? The nation is split down the middle and hyper-partisanship is destructive.

According to the polls you post, which have a poor track record.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The demasculanated men are losing the battle of ideas. When they lose the political power, it falls soon after.

But at least they may once again start acting like men.
    +

Looks like a great pick.

They most surely will filibuster. No doubt about it.
    No, there is doubt. Democratic Senators that were not up for re-election but will be in 2018, and are from States that voted Trump, will be very hesitant to join a filibuster.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    No, there is doubt. Democratic Senators that were not up for re-election but will be in 2018, and are from States that voted Trump, will be very hesitant to join a filibuster.
    That is why I think in the end it will fail!
    +

Published on Nov 16, 2013

On September 11, 2001, at the age of 45 and at the height of her professional and personal life, Barbara K. Olson was murdered in the terrorist attacks against the United States as a passenger on the hijacked American Airlines flight that was flown into the Pentagon. The Federalist Society established this annual lecture in Barbara's memory because of her enormous contributions as an active member, supporter, and volunteer leader. Solicitor General Theodore B. Olson delivered the first lecture in November 2001. The lecture series continued in following years with other notable individuals. In 2013, the Honorable Neil M. Gorsuch of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit delivered the lecture. He was introduced by Mr. Eugene B. Meyer, President of the Federalist Society.

--Hon. Neil M. Gorsuch, United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
    --Introduction: Mr. Eugene B. Meyer, President, The Federalist Society
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

People can see the complete hypocrisy, godlessness and debauchery which the Democrat Party has become as a political party and ideology.
    IMHO the Republican Party is no better. Both parties have contributed greatly to the IRS, the police state, the income tax abuse, foreign intervention, bad monetary policy, and globalist propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    IMHO the Republican Party is no better. Both parties have contributed equally to the IRS, the police state, the income tax abuse, foreign intervention, bad monetary policy, and globalist propaganda.
    This. The opposing parties seem to bring out the worst in each other, and nothing good comes from them when they work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    They need 8, I think at least 6 are in red states, like Joe Manchin.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IMHO the Republican Party is no better. Both parties have contributed greatly to the IRS, the police state, the income tax abuse, foreign intervention, bad monetary policy, and globalist propaganda.
    I agree with much of what you wrote. But the Judge is consulting the President. So is Rand Paul on healthcare. Conservative Judges are being discussed and nominated. The Republican Party right now is much better than the Democratic Party. No doubt in my mind.
    +

^^THIS^^

There really isn't a 2 party system IMHPOV- just a bunch of power mongers using the right buzz words to make their constituents happy.

So far this judge looks promising. Not sure about this issue, though, as I am usually against the death sentence.

Gorsuch favors a strict reading of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.[30] In a 2003 case, Gorsuch denied requests of death-row inmates seeking to escape executions.[31]
    There is no spoon.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...23319160061954
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    ^^THIS^^

There really isn't a 2 party system IMHPOV- just a bunch of power mongers using the right buzz words to make their constituents happy.

So far this judge looks promising. Not sure about this issue, though, as I am usually against the death sentence.
    No matter how opposed they are on the surface, "bipartisanship" always seems to happen when they need to do something like raise the debt ceiling or protect us from terrorists.

No matter how opposed they are on the surface, "bipartisanship" always seems to happen when they need to do something like raise the debt ceiling or protect us from terrorists.
    Yeah, politics as usual. Hopefully things will improve.
    Last edited by TER; 01-31-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    +

lame-stream media bellowing fake news and wall-to-wall coverage of tiny protests probably doesn't impact much.

or just outright fake polls - much like we've been seeing for the past 18 months.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    lame-stream media bellowing fake news and wall-to-wall coverage of tiny protests probably doesn't impact much.

or just outright fake polls - much like we've been seeing for the past 18 months.
    It may look like a cluster$#@!, but it's calculated.

Much of the forecasts and polls you posted in the past miscalculated. Why should we trust you?
    +

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Much of the forecasts and polls you posted in the past miscalculated. Why should we trust you?
    Many do, you don't have to.

Many do, you don't have to.
    Many can do what they like. As for me, I don't trust you.
    +

They most surely will filibuster. No doubt about it.
    Republicans hold 52 seats in the Senate. The GOP would need eight Democrats to vote with them to break the 60-vote threshold if there is a filibuster.

Seven Democrats in the Senate –
    • Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.),
    • Chris Coons (D-Del.),
    • Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.),
    • Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.),
    • Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), and
    • Jon Tester (D-Mont.), and
    • Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) –

have said they oppose a filibuster.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...eme-court-pick

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Genius choice.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Well, that could have been a heck of a lot worse....

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you discovered something important!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    as far as I can tell, this looks good.. both an originalist and texualist..
    No, he is not

United States Court of Appeals,Tenth Circuit.

UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff–Appellee, v. Daniel Manuel RODRIGUEZ, Defendant–Appellant.

No. 12–2203.
    Decided: December 31, 2013
    Before GORSUCH and BALDOCK, Circuit Judges, and JACKSON, District Judge.*Scott M. Davidson, The Appellate Law Office of Scott M. Davidson, Albuquerque, NM, for Defendant–Appellant. James R.W. Braun, Assistant United States Attorney (Kenneth J. Gonzales, United States Attorney, with him on the brief), Albuquerque, NM, for Plaintiff–Appellee

According to the 10th Circuit's opinion, the police are justified in forcibly disarming every armed citizen based on nothing more than the presence of a concealed firearm. This allows the police to treat every law-abiding gun owner like a criminal – which, in many cases we have seen, includes rough treatment such as grabbing him, twisting his arm behind his back, slamming him down on the ground, and handcuffing him. Far too many police officers do not like anyone to be armed other than themselves and have taken it upon themselves to intimidate those who dare to exercise Second Amendment rights. Under the Rodriguez decision, only after being forcibly disarmed and detained would a citizen be entitled to demonstrate that he was lawfully exercising his Second Amendment rights.

We must demand that the Republican majority overturn the Rodriguez case. I don't see how DJT missed this.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

"Also like Scalia, Judge Gorsuch is skeptical of the “dormant commerce clause”: the longstanding legal doctrine that the Constitution’s grant of power over interstate commerce to Congress implies limits on the states’ power over it even when Congress has not spelled out those limits. And he shares Scalia’s preference for clear legal rules over vague “standards” that judges can manipulate to reach desired conclusions."

probably the real reason Trump nominated Gorsuch
    Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...iginalist-heir

Famous last words.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast