Thread: [VIDEO] Democrats File Complaint over Romney's sub "Bribe" to Voters in Wisconsin

[VIDEO] Democrats File Complaint over Romney's sub "Bribe" to Voters in Wisconsin

Apparently on election day in Wisconsin, Mitt Romney was handing out free subs to possible voters and encouraging them to vote for him. The Democrats have filed a complaint that states this is bribery and illegal under election law. Mitt Romney is on video encouraging people to vote and then reminding them of the subs in the back. This was picked up on at least two MSNBC shows today (the Rachel Maddow Show and the Ed Show) and a local TV station. The local TV station video is below. The agency where the Democrats filed the complaint is beginning an investigation but says they usually advise candidates not to do this.

The relevant portion starts about 50 seconds in.

Last edited by Titus; 04-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, Romney pointing about Obama's record !! as if his is much better - oh wait, he is on both sides of most issues, so he actually has no record !!
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Mitt Romney and a dumb blonde have their flip flops in common. Neither knows how to "feel" until told by the "smart" person in the room.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

Quote Originally Posted by J_White View Post
    lol, Romney pointing about Obama's record !! as if his is much better - oh wait, he is on both sides of most issues, so he actually has no record !!
    I want Ron Paul to destroy Romney and his record... particularly at the upcoming debate. Of course, Ron destroyed Santorum in the last debate -.-... but people still vote for Santorum that he is "2nd" place. Gosh, people are not informed or they are dumb o_-.

Ron pretty much slapped Santorum

Ron needs to kick the $#@! out of Romney before its too late
    Last edited by alucard13mmfmj; 04-05-2012 at 01:41 AM.

This is unethical and could be viewed as bribery. But since when are bribes and unethical practices an issue in politics?
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    This is unethical and could be viewed as bribery. But since when are bribes and unethical practices an issue in politics?
    In theory for a long time, in practice.. well enforcement is, shall we say selective
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Offering free products/services, to win over voters, is considered Bribery.

Oooooooh. Any lawyers here willing to work for free, and take down Romney?
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone who's vote can be bought for a frigging sandwich deserves what may come...
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    ...Gosh, people are not informed or they are dumb o_-.
    No, they have simply succumbed to years of conditioning by the faux conservative "Radio Mafia". This cartel has been programming conservatives with collectivism/pragmatism/authoritarianism for over 20 years now. The only way to break this road to tyranny is to expose the Radio Mafia for who they really are - A cartel of left leaning con-men hell bent on the destruction of America. Their trick - First garner trust via conservative rhetoric, second, gently condition listeners into excepting principle compromise, then simply steer the herd off the cliff through the promotion of establishment left leaning candidates. ie- Bush/McCain/Romney/Santorum/Gingrich promotion vs. Ron Paul/Debra Medina/etc liberty candidate demonization.

It really is just that simple.
    Last edited by TruckinMike; 04-05-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Anyone who's vote can be bought for a frigging sandwich deserves what may come...
    I think that is why they are upset. Not the act of bribery; but rather than Romney was so cheap about it.

Yep. "Man I'm really worried about this $16 Trillion debt, I'm trying to find a candidate who is serious about reduc . . . —oh, man, that looks good. I'll have the Chicken Ranch and Bacon on Italian bread, toasted, with banana peppers, bell peppers, tomato . . . "

You know, I'm not going to defend Romney here, but the nanny-state democrats don't have much room to talk, either. I go into Subway here in Georgia and I see a flyer posted on the cash register describing how to order a sandwich and be able to purchase it with food stamps. Apparently the food cannot be sold 'heated'. You must order a cold-served sandwich. However, you can ask them to toast it for you (I suppose as some sort of favor, lol)after you have paid for it with your food-stamp card. It's a weird-ass loophole if you ask me.

Candidates are not allowed to buy votes when running for office. But once they're in, they can enact all sorts of ludicrous 'vote-buying' policies to keep them in office.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-05-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Unfortunately, the rest of us don't deserve it but have to endure it.

So it's ok to vote someone into office hoping to get a piece of hundreds of millions of $$ in domestic handouts, but handing out a few sandwiches is an abomination.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Yes, please condemn Maxine Waters promising voters that she/Obama were going to force rich people to pay their rent!!! Oh, darn, it isn't bribery if you promise Other People's Money!
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...democrats have no right to whine. :t ...but still, either one bribing americans with food... /facepalm

from hxx p://www.wnd.com/2012/04/sheriff-joe-expands-obama-probe-to-hillary-supporters/

Chaos in 2008

Viviano, working with screenplay writer and director Gigi Gaston, produced in 2008 a documentary, “We Will Not Be Silenced,” based on interviews from participants in Democratic Party primary caucuses. They accuse the Obama administration of illegitimate and illegal acts, including threats, intimidation, lies, stolen documents, falsified documents and busing in voters in exchange for meals.
    "It is not we non-interventionists who are isolationists. The real isolationists are those who impose sanctions and embargoes on countries and peoples across the globe because they disagree with the internal and foreign policies of their leaders. The real isolationists are those who choose to use force overseas to promote democracy, rather than seek change through diplomacy, engagement, and by setting a positive example."
    - Ron Paul

meetup.com/ronpaul-88/

GOP NOMINATION OR BUST!!!

No, she died, only to years of conditioning by the "mafia-radio" false conservative. This agreement is the order of the day with collectivism conservative / pragmatic / authoritarianism over 20 years. The only way is to expose it to break the tyranny, the Radio Mafia for what they really are - a cartel of crooks left leg bent on the destruction of America. Their things - First Trust Garner conservative rhetoric, the second condition, except for soft auditors compromise principle, it is sufficient to send the herd off the cliff left by the promotion of the implementation of approved candidates. ie Bush / McCain / Romney / Santorum / Gingrich against Ron Paul promotion / Debra Medina / etc demonization freedom candidate.