Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Best One-Hit Wonders Evaaaarrrrrr.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The best one hit wonders?

@timosman,

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Desmond Dekker & the Aces - 1968

'ISRAELITES'

LOVED this song since I first heard it as a little kid. Never knew who it was, couldn’t understand the words, had no idea what he was singing about. Now, I can find the lyrics online. Have also learned that he wrote the song after overhearing a couple in the park arguing over money. Finally, it makes sense... and I can sing along.

Basic lyrics:

Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir
    So that every mouth can be fed
    Poor me Israelite

My wife and my kids, they packed up and leave me
    Darling, she said, I was yours to receive (or "to be seen”?)
    Poor me Israelites

Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone
    I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde
    Poor me Israelites

After a storm there must be a calm
    They catch me in the farm
    You sound your alarm
    Poor me Israelites…

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

You didn't say it had to be a good, one. They have made a truckload of money, though.

#NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Oh no no no no... Devo put out tons of grade-A material. To wit, and one of their best:

Then there's this:

And of course:

And on an on and on and on and...

And they put on a great show.
    Definitely not a one hit wonder band.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Now my head hurts... and I didn't even play the video.

Boothole.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Pepper came out years after I was listening to them. This is my favorite album - give it a listen and you'll see immediately why they never achieved mainstream popularity.

AFAIK,noone could ever play Foggy Mountain Breakdown quite as well as Earl Scruggs and his band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't know if someone beat me to it...

"The Patriarch"

Saw these guys live, kicked ass.
    "The Patriarch"

Two hit wonder..

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I thought the title was the best one hit wonders, not the worst.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Thank You, Originalist. Oh, sorry, I mean Origanalist. Hehe. Musta been another Milwaukee's Best night, huh? Though, it's amazing how things seem to make perfect sense under the most unfortunate of circumstances, isn't it?

Anyway. The song was #1 on the US Dance chart and peaked at #2 on the soul chart and #8 on the US Singles Chart and was ranked 43rd on the 200 VH1 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 1980s.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-19-2017 at 09:56 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Thank You, Originalist. Oh, sorry, I mean Origanalist. Hehe. Musta been another Milwaukee's Best night, huh?

Anyway. The song was a #1 on the US Dance chart and peaked at #2 on the soul chart and #8 on the US Singles Chart and was ranked 43rd on the 200 VH1 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 1980s.
    And Barrack Obama won the presidency, what's you're point?
    "The Patriarch"

Originally Posted by Natural Citizen

Thank You, Originalist. Oh, sorry, I mean Origanalist. Hehe. Musta been another Milwaukee's Best night, huh? Though, it's amazing how things seem to make perfect sense under the most unfortunate of circumstances, isn't it?

Anyway. The song was #1 on the US Dance chart and peaked at #2 on the soul chart and #8 on the US Singles Chart and was ranked 43rd on the 200 VH1 Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 1980s.
    And Barrack Obama won the presidency, what's you're point?
    No point. You had made a point to contest the song which I had posted for some reason that I do not know.

So I corrected you. Seems to be a trend. But that's okay.

You may go now.

Oh wait, before you go, you ever heard the one about the bear and the hunter, O? For some reason your antics remind me of the hunter. lol.

A hunter goes into the woods to hunt a bear. He carries his trusty 22-gauge rifle with him. After a while, he spots a very large bear, takes aim, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later, the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says, “No one shoots at me and gets away with it. You have two choices: I can rip your throat out and eat you, or you can drop your trousers, bend over, and I’ll [insert appropriate colloquialism for sodomy here].” The hunter decides that anything is better than death, so he drops his trousers and bends over; and the bear does what he said he would do. After the bear has left, the hunter pulls up his trousers and staggers back into town. He’s pretty mad. He buys a much larger gun and returns to the forest. He sees the same bear, aims, and fires. When the smoke clears, the bear is gone. A moment later the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says, “You know what to do.” Afterward, the hunter pulls up his trousers, crawls back into town, and buys a bazooka. Now he’s really mad. He returns to the forest, sees the bear, aims, and fires. The force of the bazooka blast knocks him flat on his back. When the smoke clears, the bear is standing over him and says, “You’re not doing this for the hunting, are you?”

https://unijokes.com/joke-7661/
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-19-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast