Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Official" State of the Union Address 2023 thread

I call Biden using this opportunity to lay down ground rules for what he doesn't want conservatives to accuse Democrats of during the 2024 election cycle.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What?

You think it's over a $#@!ing balloon???

The Chinese Communist party, in collusion with traitors, moles and enemies of the people within our own government, deliberately and with malice aforethought, created, refined, increased the performance of and then released, also with malice aforethought, a biological warfare pathogen that has killed over a million American citizens and millions more globally, and is still killing to this day.

The facilities that create these pathogens must be destroyed.

Nations that protect these facilities must be held accountable by extreme force.
    I fear that exporting the Cultural Revolution may be more deadly than any virus.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I fear that exporting the Cultural Revolution may be more deadly than any virus.
    Quite possible.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Meh...that's enough of that...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Meh...that's enough of that...
    I was dealing with email and a couple honey-dos. Did I miss it?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

What?

You think it's over a $#@!ing balloon???

The Chinese Communist party, in collusion with traitors, moles and enemies of the people within our own government, deliberately and with malice aforethought, created, refined, increased the performance of and then released, also with malice aforethought, a biological warfare pathogen that has killed over a million American citizens and millions more globally, and is still killing to this day.

The facilities that create these pathogens must be destroyed.

Nations that protect these facilities must be held accountable by extreme force.
    I am not so sure this was led by the Communist party but rather led by our elites here that paid/used the lab. It does not make allot of sense to me to nuke innocent people because we have done nothing about our real elite problem.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I was dealing with email and a couple honey-dos. Did I miss it?
    Maybe...who knows I gave up when he started sounding more Trumpish than Trump.

The first hour could have been a MAGA speech

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am not so sure this was led by the Communist party but rather led by our elites here that paid/used the lab. It does not make allot of sense to me to nuke innocent people because we have done nothing about our real elite problem.
    These facilities have to be destroyed.

Period.

We know they are working on pathogens that will kill 95 plus percent of mankind.

It's only a matter of time before one is released, either accidentally or deliberately.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-08-2023 at 04:18 AM.

Period.

We know they are working on pathogens that will kill 95 plus percent of mankind.

It's only a matter of time before one is released, either one purpose or deliberately.
    First you'd have to hold Fauci accountable for circumventing the gain of function funding ban, which funneled the money to those labs so that people could live out their mad-scientist dreams.

Fauci of course, seeks to change the definition of gain of function whenever Rand confronts him about it. We'd need about 50 more Rands in the senate to see anything come of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/LBR_TY/status/1623156468366118917

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So did anyone watch the whole thing? I didn't but I'm doing my patriotic duty and reading this thread to stay up to date. There used to be a running commentary made by a bunch of us as we viewed. I may go and watch Mark Dice's run down.

Tongue in cheek aside. It is a sad account that it seems no one watched the whole thing. I don't mean shame on us. Most of us are political geeks. If a speech is bad, we'll at least watch it for entertainment value. What's wrong with the picture is that society is so screwed, there is no value in watching it. I don't want to see Biden continuously lie and make a buffoon of himself and get a standing ovation each time.

I used to watch these things, even at what I thought was my most cynical moments. I can't anymore. It makes me sick how f------d this whole country has become.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-08-2023 at 07:39 AM.

So did anyone watch the whole thing? I didn't but I'm doing my patriotic duty and reading this thread to stay up to date. There used to be a running commentary made by a bunch of us as we viewed. I may go and watch Mark Dice's run down.

Tongue in cheek aside. It is a sad account that it seems no one watched the whole thing. I don't mean shame on us. Most of us are political geeks. If a speech is bad, we'll at least watch it for entertainment value. What's wrong with the picture is that society is so screwed, there is no value in watching it. I don't want to see Biden continuously lie and make a buffoon of himself and get a standing ovation each time.

I used to watch these things, even at what I thought was my most cynical moments. I can't anymore. It makes me sick how f------d this whole country has become.
    I tried, but couldn't do it.

Bailed after about 45 minutes.

Lying liars lying about their lying lies.

Yeah, my "did I miss it?" question was supposed to be a joke but looks like it missed. I had no intention of watching. FedGov is a lost cause. It's a plane that's coming down. I'll still applaud Massie and Paul for trying to land it in the Hudson instead of letting it smack into a building, but it's coming down and not worth "fixing." Definitely not worth my attention in this case.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I had the same interest in it that I had in the Grammies, zero.
    "The Patriarch"

I mainly just watched it for the pig latin.

Found a good one:

The Maythaipkayakamika people. Not as well known as the Cherokee, Iroqouis, or Seminole, but we will remember them always.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-08-2023 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I mainly just watched it for the pig latin.

Found a good one:

The Maythaipkayakamika people. Not as well known as the Cherokee, Iroqouis, or Seminole, but we will remember them always.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1623191683599835136

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Period.

It's only a matter of time before one is released, either accidentally or deliberately.
    Them stupid $#@!s should be working on curing viruses, not creating new ones.

They couldn't even cure Covid with a world's entire resources and somehow it's a good idea to just keep inventing new strains of viruses?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The Libertarian Response To The State Of The Union I Part Of The Problem 961
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave goes through Joe Biden's 2023 State Of The Union, and takes apart some of the more egregious statements from the night. This Episode Was Recorded On 2.9.23
    https://rumble.com/v29023l-the-liber...part-of-t.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12