Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did the CCP just float an HEMP "trial balloon?"

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Things will only turn around when people start to realize if an elite in the news media, politics or entertainment is talking it is usually a lie with an agenda. There are no good guys no matter how many promote and put their favorite Democrat or Republican on a pedistal as some supposed outsider that has the best interests of this country at heart.
    And if the agenda is to use partisanship to give the powers that currently be a pass for screwing up? Do we reject the partisan propaganda and hold them accountable anyway? Or do half of us make excuses for the other party while the other half decide it must have been a nothing burger if both parties did it?

I'm really not grasping your point, here. Trump is completely irrelevant to this particular incident. Isn't he?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-07-2023 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And if the agenda is to use partisanship to give the powers that currently be a pass for screwing up? Do we reject the partisan propaganda and hold them accountable anyway? Or do half of us make excuses for the other party while the other half decide it must have been a nothing burger if both parties did it?
    To hold them accountable for whatever boogeyman accusations made by the MSM led MIC to bring us closer to war and/or expose the truth that it is was blown out of proportion and could have been dealt with long before hand with the open skies agreement and if not a negotiated ending long before reaching target.

I'm really not grasping your point, here.
    As expected since you have consistently called me out since 2015 whenever I say they are all too often liars that cannot be trusted. Kind of funny how things have changed since I started posting here. It used to be my belief system was more the norm instead of such blatant defense of party propagandists and their grifters.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

To hold them accountable for whatever boogeyman accusations made by the MSM led MIC to bring us closer to war and/or expose the truth that it is was blown out of proportion and could have been dealt with long before hand with the open skies agreement and if not a negotiated ending long before reaching target.

As expected since you have consistently called me out since 2015 whenever I say they are all too often liars that cannot be trusted. Kind of funny how things have changed since I started posting here. It used to be my belief system was more the norm instead of such blatant defense of party propagandists and their grifters.
    The difference here is the damage control spin. Civilians spotted this thing. The media wasn't talking about it at all before that happened. Yes, when the MSM breaks some news, it's important to ask why. But it didn't break this news.

This seems like an important variable. Isn't it? Or do you just figure I think it is because I want an excuse to "call you out" for once being a rabid Trump supporter? Don't know how to break this to you, but I've always considered that to be relevant data. You have no effect on that at all.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your sparkling personality will never outweigh the facts of the matter--at least, not for me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-07-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The difference here is the damage control spin. Civilians spotted this thing. The media wasn't talking about it at all before that happened. Yes, when the MSM breaks some news, it's important to ask why. But it didn't break this news.

This seems like an important variable. Isn't it
    I agree.

Or do you just figure I think it is because I want an excuse to "call you out" for once being a rabid Trump supporter?
    Which you did consistently for a time whenever I would post. We have been through this so many times that defending aspects of specific policies of any politician does not make one a rabid supporter. I am not a Biden supporter but I am sure I could probably find a policy I support that I agree with which would not make me a "rabid supporter" of his either.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I agree.
    Well, then. Since they didn't mention the thing until civilians saw it and shared that information, isn't it logical to assume that this isn't a distraction, but rather something from which they're more likely to be trying to distract us?

Shouldn't we be willing to entertain the possibility?

Well, then. Since they didn't mention the thing until civilians saw it and shared that information, isn't it logical to assume that this isn't a distraction, but rather something from which they're more likely to be trying to distract us?

Shouldn't we be willing to entertain the possibility?
    Sure, but I would take MIC/Neocon propaganda and the news cycle talking points with a grain of salt.

Yes, Trump is irrelevant at this point but they brought him into the news cycle and he has been vocal about it which might be deemed a bit hypocritical given his history.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I do admit I at least appreciate the author wearing his bias on his shoulder.
    We're quoting Forbes, now? Oh, well, sounds like fun. By all means, let us explore just what it is that passes for "journalism" at Forbes these days...
    Do they ever even pretend to objectivity?
    Yeah, that link couldn't be a better example of Ministry of Truth propaganda if you tried. The source couldn't be less credible.

From the link:

“Craig Singleton, a senior fellow at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, said Chinese surveillance balloons have been sighted on numerous occasions over the past five years in different parts of the Pacific,
    Ah, the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a premier Neocon-MIC "thinktank". Nothing but truth from them...

Sure, but I would take MIC/Neocon propaganda and the news cycle talking points with a grain of salt.
    Like the MIC/Neocon propaganda article you linked?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    They obviously don't need balloons that though.
    Daily non-stop flights from Wuhan to various US airports worked last time. The problem was that it spread in China too. Next time, they'll drop them from balloons over the US, and completely seal the borders of China when they do it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I am surprised no one else can remember this or maybe selective forgetting to protect to whomever their political god is. This Russian fly overs did make the fear news cycle briefly before some other boogey man took it's place.

Upgraded Russian SPY PLANE makes maiden flight over US nuclear & military sites – report
    https://www.rt.com/news/457679-russian-spy-plane-us/

Russia BOASTS of successful spy mission over US nuclear sites
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...uclear-weapons
    That was not major news at the time. And it's a nothing burger.

There is a world of difference between the (originally) secret Chinese balloon, and this scheduled and monitored treaty flight, which originated in the US.

A Russian Tu-214ON spy plane has reportedly made a reconnaissance tour over the southwestern US, taking a glimpse at an array of military bases as well as nuclear and chemical weapons depots as part of the Open Skies treaty.

The Drive reported, citing FlightRadar 24 tracking service data, that the newest version of the Tu-214 observation aircraft graced US skies after taking off from Rosecrans Air National Guard Base in St. Joseph, Missouri on Thursday.
    The flight itself had been authorized by the US under the Treaty on Open Skies, which allows its signatories to conduct short inspections of each other’s territory. The treaty was signed in 1992, but did not come into force until 2002. The US and Russia are among its 34 members.
    https://www.rt.com/news/457679-russian-spy-plane-us/

One thing I know for certain is almost all of us overreact to psyop stories & never dig millimeter deeper

Both parties have sold us out to foreign interests Israel, Russkies, China, Turkey for a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, that link couldn't be a better example of Ministry of Truth propaganda if you tried. The source couldn't be less credible.

From the link:

Ah, the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a premier Neocon-MIC "thinktank". Nothing but truth from them...

Like the MIC/Neocon propaganda article you linked?
    I was speaking of the fear mongering. As far as the propaganda, for some reason people fail to listen when the PR arm of these think tanks reveal their plans and thoughts through the news media. Sure, propaganda but later don't always act surprised when the propaganda becomes policy.

I suspect the arm chair warriors would love to usher in WWIII over some balloons instead of an open skies agreement. Well if they are loud enough they may get their wish, with FOX News and the grifting war mongering outlets leading the way. No doubt Lindsey Graham and Chuck Schumer would team up on this to skyrocket defense stocks. While suckers get teary eyed over their bipartisanship.

I'm more concerned about the media being granted undue credibility than I've ever been about any possible damage that Trump, or even Biden, could do.

Presidents come and go. The media remains. And the bureaucrats who write the scripts for the nightly news—those guys have been there through it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

https://twitter.com/JeffKirdeikis/st...85083346472960

Jewish Chinese space lasers.

Because China is so worried about pollution.

Ominous Green Lasers Shot Over Hawaii Didn't Come From NASA Satellite After All
    https://www.sciencealert.com/ominous...-after-all/amp
    Carly Cassella (09 February 2023)

Above the islands of Hawaii on January 28, a green laser was seen piercing the night sky, silently tracing a path towards the horizon like a stutter in the Matrix's code.

The scene was caught on camera from a telescope atop Hawaii's tallest peak.

You can check out the scanning laser in the footage below.

A Rare View of the Green Laser Scan from the Space 2023-1-28 UT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PMiND4Yw

Thankfully, this wasn't some alien spaceship scanning Earth for signs of life. It appears the mysterious green beams actually came from an orbiting satellite. But not the one we expected.

Originally, experts at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ), which co-owns the camera, announced on Twitter that the green light probably came from a radar device on an orbiting satellite, known as ICESat-2.

ICESat-2 is owned by NASA, and it's used to keep an eye on the thickness of Earth's sea ice, ice sheets, and forests.

But on 6 February 2022, NAOJ updated their footage of the laser beam saying that based on the trajectory, it was unlikely to be NASA after all.

"According to Dr. Martino, Anthony J., a NASA scientist working on ICESat-2 ATLAS, it is not by their instrument but by others," a note on the YouTube video explains.

"His colleagues, Dr. Alvaro Ivanoff et al., did a simulation of the trajectory of satellites that have a similar instrument and found a most likely candidate as the ACDL instrument by the Chinese Daqi-1/AEMS satellite.

"We really appreciate their efforts in the identification of the light. We are sorry about our confusion related to this event and its potential impact on the ICESat-2 team."

China's Daqi-1 satellite was launched in April last year and similar to ICESat-2, it's an atmospheric environment monitoring satellite.

That means it's in orbit around Earth in order to monitor global carbon levels, as well as atmospheric pollution.

Daqi-1 contains five instruments to help it do this, including ACDL, which stands for Aerosol and Carbon dioxide Detection Lidar.

Lidar is an acronym for laser imaging, detection, and ranging, and it works a little like sonar. But instead of sending out sound waves to map an area, it sends out laser beams.

And it's these lasers that are believed to have lit up the sky over Hawaii at the end of January.

In the case of ACDL, it can send out dual-wavelength lasers at specific wavelengths in order to detect various molecules in Earth's atmosphere.

The time it takes for these laser beams to bounce back provides information on the composition of the atmosphere and ground below.

For example, ACDL can work out how much CO2 is in Earth's atmosphere by emitting two alternating lasers around the 1572 nanometer wavelength range.

"Daqi-1 can monitor fine particle pollution like PM2.5, pollutant gasses including nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide and ozone, as well as carbon dioxide concentration," a March 2021 press release from the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, which developed Daqi-1, explained.

It's early days for Daqi-1 so we're still waiting for results from its scans.

But if all goes to plan, the satellite is just the start of China's plans to keep tabs on air pollution.

"China will produce a series of Daqi satellites in the future, which will be used to monitor atmospheric pollution, provide remote sensing data support for environment authorities, and also support scientific research into global climate change," the March 2021 press release explained.

"Daqi-1 will be networked with other satellites, including Daqi-2, to realize greenhouse gas monitoring and help China achieve reduction of carbon emissions."

It's yet to be seen whether these green atmospheric detecting lasers may become more common as China achieves this goal.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pentagon now says object shot down over Canada was carrying payload
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status...29967772635142

J. Thornson Newsweek article yesterday afternoon claims Canadian object had no payload but all others did , with only good evidence of first , chicom one recovered while chicoms deny others unrecovered.
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-15-2023 at 12:58 AM.
    Do something Danke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234