Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Nunes memo released

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Massie said he read the 'Democratic' memo and said it didn't contradict the Republican memo, and that it could legitimately create a security threat if released.
    Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie told The Daily Caller Wednesday the Democratic House Intelligence memo
    will remain concealed because it “discloses sources and methods that can’t be released.”

“They’ve already reciprocated with their own memo, which I’ve already read today, and it’s talking past the Republicans, it makes statements that are probably true, but doesn’t really dispute the statements in the Republican memo, and I don’t think the Democrat memo is going to get released,” Massie told TheDC.

“The reason why it’s not going to get released is the Democrat memo is about three times longer than the Republican one
    and theirs discloses sources and methods that can’t be released,” the Republican continued.

Democrats huddled together for a press conference Monday after House Republicans voted to release their own intelligence memo,
    and California Rep. Adam Schiff led the charge in their response.

The Daily Caller reached out to Schiff, but his office did not return a request for comment via email or phone call.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/re...t-be-released/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPO_off1Ts

NY Times reported the Democrat's memo is 10 pages long.

Also . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    WE WANT SOURCE DOCUMENTS

"You HAVE to 'unwind' the coup"
    You can't just tell the American public.. "On yeah... there was a coup attempt.... it didn't go well." then claim 'National Security'
    WTF? No!
    The 4 FISAs (applications) MUST be published... #ReleasetheFISA
    February 1, 2018 https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/u...pgtype=article
    White Sulphur Springs, WV
    Mr. Nunes has not read the warrant from which the memo is drawn.
    The DOJ considers such warrants extremely sensitive and allowed one Democrat and one Republican from the committee,
    plus staff to view it. Trey Gowdy was the Republican reader.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-02-2018 at 08:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most here already knew what all that FISA stuff really was long ago.

---

Bernie Sanders, Hillary emails etc.. etc... etc..... Trump spying..... and nothing at all will happen to Clinton, this has been talked about before around here, she must have some stuff on some very major players on the deep inside. There is so much evidence against her right out in the open that they need to set up a whole new separate investigation on her alone. Could you imagine what they could find if they actually tried?

---

This is fascinating to watch in a way, listen and watch how Pelosi does nothing but lie, connive and manipulate trying to brainwash her fans into an emotional stupor.... fear... fear.. fear..... it's from a few days ago.

Don't even know Cuomo but he was actually being a journalist here and challenging, a little.
    Last edited by Mach; 02-02-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    FJB

Former FBI Asst. Director says there's some major federal felonies there, and that Comey is a weasel.

"...we only know 5% of what we're gonna know in a couple months."

FJB

Following the release of a four-page memo detailing rampant FISA warrant abuse by the FBI and DOJ, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) announced that he will seek the criminal prosecution of FBI and DOJ officials for the "full throated adoption of this illegal misconduct and abuse of FISA by James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Sally Yates and Rod Rosenstein" who Gosar called "traitors to our nation."

Gosar focuses on the memo's claim that the FBI and DOJ did not mention that Christopher Steele, the ex-MI6 spy who compiled the dossier, was partially funded by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

"This is third world politics where the official government agencies are used as campaign attack dogs," Gosar said.
    The letter reads in part:
    The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence memorandum on the FBI abuse of FISA warrants and targeting a sitting President is not just evidence of incompetence but clear and convincing evidence of treason....
    I will be leading a letter to the Attorney General seeking criminal prosecution against these traitors to our nation."
    My full statement on the declassified memo: pic.twitter.com/eRo6ugpWQ9
    — Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS (@RepGosar) February 2, 2018
    Meanwhile, Georgia GOP Gubernatorial candidate Sen. Michael Williams is calling for the prosecution of Comey - saying he should be "sent to prison for his crimes":
    "The leadership of the FBI and DOJ behaved in a way we would expect of the former Soviet Union, not the United States of America. I applaud Representative Nunes and other Republican members of the House Intel Committee for fighting and exposing corruption. Americans are tired of corrupt bureaucrats and their career politician enablers. If powerful leaders are not held accountable, the American people will never regain faith in the institutions meant to protect us. Former FBI Director James Comey was entrusted with one of the most powerful positions in the world. Sadly, he intentionally abused his power in an effort to destroy Donald Trump's presidency. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and sent to prison for his crimes. No one is above the law. No one."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...roated-illegal
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Zippy and TheCount maybe?

Where the hell are they?
    I'm 9 time zones away, as usual. Not about to set an alarm for memo-o-clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They had to cave to public demand otherwise they would look like crooks themselves.
    Whatever you think of the contents of the memo, this is patently untrue. They wrote the memo, leaked that it existed, and then pretended to resist releasing it in the face of the pressure that they themselves had engineered.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Procedure calls for starting new threads in order to forum slide. Responding in this thread is to be avoided to keep it from being bumped.
    Ah so now even mods are getting in on the accusations.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be so obvious.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not one of the better moments in the 10 1/2 years I've been here.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Maybe you shouldn't be so obvious.
    Obvious in what, opposing authoritarian nationalists? This may come as a shock to you, but it's possible to disagree with you without being paid for it. Trumpism is not universally appealing.
    Pinochet is the model

Obvious in what, opposing authoritarian nationalists? This may come as a shock to you, but it's possible to disagree with you without being paid for it. Trumpism is not universally appealing.
    Obvious about stirring up trouble with no purpose and promoting policies and narratives that are destructive to the movement and the country.

Zippy is the only frequent poster who is more ham-handed than you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm 9 time zones away, as usual. Not about to set an alarm for memo-o-clock.
    You should ask your supervisor for a transfer back to CONUS unless it will interfere with whatever operation took you overseas.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Obvious about stirring up trouble with no purpose
    By opposing your viewpoint? That's not stirring up trouble, that's debate. Leaving your deceptive and outright fraudulent quotewalls without comment would be worse.

and promoting policies and narratives that are destructive to the movement and the country.
    In other words, opposing authoritarian nationalism, like I said. That is not harmful to the liberty movement or to the nation.

Zippy is the only frequent poster who is more ham-handed than you.
    From your point of view, perhaps. There are quite a few Trumpkins who can be counted on for boundless support for their god emperor no matter what twisted logic must be used or outlandish positions must be taken in order to support the unsupportable.
    Pinochet is the model

This is only a partisan foodfight, like the Russia investigation, birtherism, or blowjobgate.

It won't put chickens in pots, un-bomb any civilians, or lower the yield on the 10Y.

But carry on..

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

This is only a partisan foodfight, like the Russia investigation, birtherism, or blowjobgate.

It won't put chickens in pots, un-bomb any civilians, or lower the yield on the 10Y.

But carry on..
    You're right, of course.
    Pinochet is the model

But carry on..
    You're right, of course.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell me @Swordsmyth, what will be the practical effect on government policy, vis a vis liberty, of this news/any resulting investigation?

Will spending be cut? Regulations eliminated? Money made more sound? Wars ended?

...or will it only help Trump in the next week's news cycle (distracting from above issues), and bump his approval rating a third of a point?

Tell me @Swordsmyth, what will be the practical effect on government policy, vis a vis liberty, of this news/any resulting investigation?

Will spending be cut? Regulations eliminated? Money made more sound? Wars ended?

...or will it only help Trump in the next week's news cycle, and bump his approval rating a third of a point?
    It depends on whether or not people actually go to prison.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It depends on whether or not people actually go to prison.
    What happens if people go to prison?

What happens if people go to prison?
    The Demoncrat machine loses a great deal of power and the Swampublicans are left without their best excuse for breaking their campaign promises, that in turn will result in them either being forced to cut taxes/regulations/spending plus do all the other reforms they have been letting the Demoncrats block or be exposed for what they are so that the voters clean out the Republican party.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Demoncrat machine loses a great deal of power
    The generic congressional ballot drops a bit, probably temporarily

and the Swampublicans are left without their best excuse for breaking their campaign promises, that in turn will result in them either being forced to cut taxes/regulations/spending plus do all the other reforms they have been letting the Demoncrats block or be exposed for what they are so that the voters clean out the Republican party.
    This I don't follow at all...

The generic congressional ballot drops a bit, probably temporarily
    That depends on who goes to prison.

This I don't follow at all...
    The Swampublicans favorite excuse is that they don't have the votes to do anything, the Senate filibuster being the prime example, all sorts of vile compromises and failures that they actually want can be blamed on the enemy without losing too any votes or donations.

They will also lose the "lesser of two evils" and the "he can't win but our chosen candidate can" arguments that they love to use against liberty candidates if the Demoncrats are weakened enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

...or will it only help Trump in the next week's news cycle (distracting from above issues), and bump his approval rating a third of a point?
    Given that this memo is entirely designed to impugn the origins of the investigation without at all casting any doubt as to the material that the investigation has discovered, I would say that the practical result is to protect someone or several people from whatever the investigation either recently discovered or was about to discover. It also times well with Trump's agreement to meet with Mueller, such that he may be able to simultaneously say that he is willing to be deposed, and thereby avoid the appearance of guilt, while refusing to interact with a "biased" investigation.

Considering Nunes' relationship with Trump and his past actions, the whole thing seems like a mere extension of the ongoing effort to discredit the investigation. Business as usual, in other words.

If the memo has any merit whatsoever, then, it highlights a failure of the known-poor FISA court system: the court only knows what the government tells it and there's no real defense. As such, the government can give an entirely uncritical justification to the court and receive a warrant. This is why the approval rate is so incredibly high.

However, this cannot be a true concern for Trump's water carriers, as they just reapproved FISA without a peep despite knowing full well that it had been used to surveil Trump's campaign.

This is a refutation of a single wiretap, and not of the entire flawed system that created it. To answer your question, then, nothing of import will change.
    Pinochet is the model

Given that this memo is entirely designed to impugn the origins of the investigation without at all casting any doubt as to the material that the investigation has discovered, I would say that the practical result is to protect someone or several people from whatever the investigation either recently discovered or was about to discover. It also times well with Trump's agreement to meet with Mueller, such that he may be able to simultaneously say that he is willing to be deposed, and thereby avoid the appearance of guilt, while refusing to interact with a "biased" investigation.

Considering Nunes' relationship with Trump and his past actions, the whole thing seems like a mere extension of the ongoing effort to discredit the investigation. Business as usual, in other words.

If the memo has any merit whatsoever, then, it highlights a failure of the known-poor FISA court system: the court only knows what the government tells it and there's no real defense. As such, the government can give an entirely uncritical justification to the court and receive a warrant. This is why the approval rate is so incredibly high.

However, this cannot be a true concern for Trump's water carriers, as they just reapproved FISA without a peep despite knowing full well that it had been used to surveil Trump's campaign.

This is a refutation of a single wiretap, and not of the entire flawed system that created it. To answer your question, then, nothing of import will change.
    Sorry but there is no "there" there, even Strzok said so:

Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said in a radio interview that the FBI’s top agent on the Trump-Russia investigation, Peter Strzok, sent what Johnson called a "jaw-dropping" text message last year that suggests he saw no evidence of Trump campaign collusion.
    As first reported by the Daily Caller's Chuck Ross, in an interview with WISN-Milwaukee radio host Jay Weber, Johnson read aloud a May 19, 2017 text that Strzok sent to Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer and his mistress.
    As Weber summarized, "Sen Ron Johnson tells me he's discovered a text from Peter Strzok 2 days after the Mueller investigation in which he questions whether he wants to be part of it because he believes 'there's nothing there'. No collusion."
    The Strozk text verbatim on joining the Mueller investigation: May 19th, 2017- 'You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I'd be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there's no big there there.'
    — Jay Weber (@JayWeber3) January 23, 2018
    Here is the "jawdropping" text message that Strzok wrote just two days after Mueller was named special counsel for the Russia Investigation:
    "You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there."
    Sen Ron Johnson drops a bombshell on The Jay Weber Show
    #TheJayWeberShow https://t.co/vcD0EqtqNy
    — News/Talk 1130 WISN (@newstalk1130) January 23, 2018
    Johnson said that the text referred to the Mueller investigation, which had kicked off two days earlier. Strzok joined that team, but was removed in July after the Justice Department’s inspector general discovered his anti-Trump text exchanges with Page.
    As the FBI’s deputy counterintelligence chief, Strzok had been picked in July 2016 to oversee the investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with the Russian government; in other words the text message came almost one year after the anti-Trump FBI agent had already done preliminary work on whether there was any Trump collusion. Prior to that, he was a top investigator on the Clinton email inquiry.
    “I think that’s kind of jaw-dropping,” said Johnson, a Republican, said of the Strzok text.
    “In other words, Peter Strzok, who was the FBI deputy assistant director of the counterintelligence division, the man who had a plan to do something because he just couldn’t abide Donald Trump being president, is saying that his gut sense is that there’s no big there there when it comes to the Mueller special counsel investigation,” Johnson explained.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...llusion-russia

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Swampublicans favorite excuse is that they don't have the votes to do anything, the Senate filibuster being the prime example, all sorts of vile compromises and failures that they actually want can be blamed on the enemy without losing too any votes or donations.
    That's true, but I'm fairly certain that they'd just cook up some other excuse if ever they had 60 votes. The reality is that there's no serious political pressure from their constituents to behave differently. On the other hand, a loss of GOP seats in the House would actually empower people like Amash and Massie to kill bills (e.g. debt ceiling hikes). Regardless, this week's scandal isn't going to have a meaningful effect on the mid-terms anyway (no one's going to prison).

I'll defer on the details to someone who's been paying attention to them, but the underlined is very clearly true.

Sorry but there is no "there" there, even Strzok said so:
    The topic is the memo. The memo says nothing about the contents of the investigation, only its background and actions which were conducted before the investigation even began. The fact that a supposedly hyper partisan FBI agent whose alleged purpose in joining the investigation was to take down Trump... was hesitant to join the investigation because he didn't think that Trump had done anything is entirely another matter.

Can you agree with my conclusion that the purpose of the memo is not to provoke a fundamental overhaul of the surveillance state?
    Pinochet is the model

The topic is the memo. The memo says nothing about the contents of the investigation, only its background and actions which were conducted before the investigation even began.
    Which speaks volumes about the worthlessness of it's contents, DJTvsg isn't the least bit worried about the Russiagate witch hunt.

Can you agree with my conclusion that the purpose of the memo is not to provoke a fundamental overhaul of the surveillance state?
    That remains to be seen, however the recent FISA vote doesn't bode well, the purpose appears to be to clean the Demoncrat fanatics out of the FBI and DOJ etc. and hopefully send a few Dems to prison.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'll defer on the details to someone who's been paying attention to them, but the underlined is very clearly true.
    You're so eloquent!

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast