Thread: Should Trump Rewin the re election will the US media stopped relying on Phone Polls?

Should Trump Rewin the re election will the US media stopped relying on Phone Polls?

I noticed on CBS today in a Canadian news article how they claim that Joe Biden is suppodely is winning and would win key battleground in a poll and yes taken in a phone call phone polls as they claims.

And yet this is what they claimed how Hillary Clinton for sure would be winning the 2016 election with ease because the polls said so. Knowing how far the polls were wrong about 2016 and how easily anyone can manipulate the phone calls for polling. Why is the US media still relying on them? dispute admitting how wrong the polls were wrong after the 2016 election?

In the CBS poll it shows NY and Calif always turning blue dispute the craziness happening with the huge crime surge in New York state.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump isn't winning this election regardless what the phone polls say. He will be the first guy to lose to a Vegetable.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Trump isn't winning this election regardless what the phone polls say. He will be the first guy to lose to a Vegetable.
    And how you know that? look at the mess the democrats created. This Vegetable will turn America into London or Sweden. I guess you are forgetting about the silent majority are you?

Not sure how you can be 100% for sure that this Vegetable will even win when his s till hiding in his basement and still hasn't said a word on these riots that are happening. Are you talking about Trump's lack of response to the virus?

I think the polls were closer last election. Who knows? Who cares? Both suck.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Who cares
    Well who cares? if Joe Biden Cancel Culture will never end. They will view this as a victory. And will continue to cancel just about everything even smaller projects. Cops and police will be defeunded just because Joe Biden claimed he wont support that doenst make it truther.
    You cant be serious right?

https://web.archive.org/web/20161109...ttingodds.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Well who cares? if Joe Biden Cancel Culture will never end. They will view this as a victory. And will continue to cancel just about everything even smaller projects. Cops and police will be defeunded just because Joe Biden claimed he wont support that doenst make it truther.
    You cant be serious right?
    I'm serious. If Trump wins they burn the cities.

It's all going to $#@! after the election no matter who wins.

I don't care who wins, nothing good will come of it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I meant I think the polling numbers were tighter last time. They didn't predict Clinton winning by as much as they do Biden now.

I meant I think the polling numbers were tighter last time. They didn't predict Clinton winning by as much as they do Biden now.
    Thats because the media are desperate. The same media that uses phone polling.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Not sure how you can be 100% for sure that this Vegetable will even win when his s till hiding in his basement and still hasn't said a word on these riots that are happening. Are you talking about Trump's lack of response to the virus?
    I'd wager that a really good portion of his previous voting block has evaporated. Knowing that anecdotal evidence is weak, I will still point to the numerous people I've come across who voted for him in 2016 and now can't stand him.

Let me just say, this trend on how people are turning against him is alarming.

Bad economy and bad social problems have never been a recipe for reelection. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Todd; 07-29-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Nope, the media will continue to rely on phone polls.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If you are wrong, which is highly likely if not a sure thing, you might consider that a lot of the other information you think about Trump is also wrong. I thought we all learned that lesson in 2016, but apparently not.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'd wager that a really good portion of his previous voting block has evaporated. Knowing that anecdotal evidence is weak, I will still point to the numerous people I've come across who voted for him in 2016 and now can't stand him.

Bad economy and bad social problems have never been a recipe for reelection. Just my opinion.
    You sound like you're making $#@! up. Trump has more support than ever, he even has leftist crews who at one time supported Bernie like the Tim Pool podcast supporting him now.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Phone polls are fine, the issue is their methodology.

Many polls are only using registered voters

Many polls are oversampling dems by 6-10 points.

If you see a poll that is D+3-4 and using only likely voters, it can be taken more seriously than the rest that are not.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

This election will demonstrate whether or not polls themselves are entering a phase of postmodernity.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    This election will demonstrate whether or not polls themselves are entering a phase of postmodernity.
    I think it entered that phrase already when Trump won the first time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Bad economy and bad social problems have never been a recipe for reelection
    Bad Ecomoncy which covid 19 caused it and Trump admin couldnt do much about preventing it. Even with all the early prevention it wouldn't stop the spread. Dispute how high praise HK and SK are getting they are still getting covid spikes of this thing. Even if the Trump admin responded earielr the coivd would had still being able to spread. I am not sure how a new green ecomcny under a Joe Biden admin would even help the economy with just 25 Million green jobs while leaving 250 Million other people out of work. As Hillary threaten middle class workers.

"I will put you out of work"
    Biden plans for the economy is no different from Hillary's.

bad social problems have never been a recipe for reelection
    Social problems you mean the rioting and rioting agaisnt the police right?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You sound like you're making $#@! up. Trump has more support than ever, he even has leftist crews who at one time supported Bernie like the Tim Pool podcast supporting him now.
    just like everybody makes $#@! up. Pretty clearly stated it was my opinion. Name one recent POTUS who won in a $#@! economy with social turmoil. I'll wait.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

just like everybody makes $#@! up. Pretty clearly stated it was my opinion. Name one recent POTUS who won in a $#@! economy with social turmoil. I'll wait.
    Obama in 2012.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-economy-2012-3305742

I also read that civil unrest due to social injustice was high under the Obama administration. Could be just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Obama in 2012.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-economy-2012-3305742

I also read that civil unrest due to social injustice was high under the Obama administration. Could be just my opinion though.

There would have to be a substantial element of society that thought Obama was the problem with the social turmoil. I also wouldn't compare 2012 with today. Think back. Is there anyone who truly thinks today that a Republican was going to win the WH in 2008 after 8 years of war and an economic collapse?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

There would have to be a substantial element of society that thought Obama was the problem with the social turmoil. I also wouldn't compare 2012 with today. Think back. Is there anyone who truly thinks today that a Republican was going to win the WH in 2008 after 8 years of war and an economic collapse?
    I misunderstood the question. I thought you meant a standing president winning reelection. I'm probably more confused now. A president is elected or reelected every 4 year regardless of economy and social unrest.

In 2008 the republican had to pay for the mess of neocon foreign policy, only to have the democrat party carry it on when they took control. Bush had served his two terms and it's not uncommon for the a shift in power after a lame duck finishes his time.

This year, I think Trump has a real shot (I won't be voting for him or Biden). No matter how much people dislike Trump, they have to reconcile that Biden's higher taxes resulting in prolonging the economic downturn. Voting high minded comes with a price. Of course, I thought HRC was a easy winner, so my opinion is as pure BS as anyone's.

It's entirely anecdotal but I think the polls are going to be less accurate than they were 4 years ago.

I say my mother hadn't voted since she voted for Bill Clinton in 1992, but when she voted for Trump in 2016, she said it was because she got disgusted with being made to feel like she was a racist. The media hasn't slacked off on that, either. Racial tensions are higher today than they were in 2016, and the manufactured white-guilt is beginning to get old for a lot of folks.

If Trump wins again, it'll have very little to do with policy, and more to do with ordinary, non-political people wanting to b*%ch slap the liberals for acting like intolerant a-holes. Those people don't care enough to answer pollsters.

Gonna post this here, because it's going to be just as relevant in 2020 as it was in 2016, only the democratic candidate has changed, and the democrats still don't know how to engage people politically without pissing everyone off. (language)

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-30-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.