Ron Paul Institute
    written by daniel mcadams
    friday august 2, 2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seg-gabbard-harris.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	6826

When Buzzfeed's Rosie Gray contacted Dr. Paul yesterday for a comment for her latest piece, "Tulsi Gabbard Is This Election’s Ron Paul," Dr. Paul and I discussed what the article might look like and how his comment might be used (or mis-used). Knowing Gray as an obsessive "Russiagate" promoter and manic never-Trumper, my view was that she would distort any Ron Paul quote to make it look bad for Gabbard, who Gray and the rest of the establishment journalists despise.

He declined to comment.

Proving my suspicions, Gray nevertheless twisted his polite decline into a slap in Gabbard's face.

It's not hard to spot Gray's spin on Ron Paul's decline:

Paul declined to comment for this piece through his spokesperson, Ron Paul Institute Executive Director Daniel McAdams, but other prominent libertarians and Paul insiders were eager to praise Gabbard.

See how that works? Others were "eager to praise" Gabbard but Ron Paul declined. That's how a hit piece takes shape.

Of course Ms. Gray's email invitation for comment never let on that her intent was to attack rather than to report: "I'm doing a piece about Tulsi Gabbard and I was wondering if Dr. Paul might be available to speak to me for the story. Basically, it's about the ways in which her campaign is thematically echoing Dr. Paul's presidential campaigns."

Sounds innocent. Journalists like Gray are always innocent while they twist and manipulate the pieces of their stories into the appropriately loaded assault weapon. No wonder Americans now believe that the media is more destructive than banks and large corporations: it is.

The "others" who were "eager to praise" Gabbard were all non-Democrats. That was the set-up of her piece from the beginning. A former Ron Paul campaign aide was quoted speaking favorably about her, along with a Reason magazine editor and a conservative Republican who once advised a Ron Paul presidential campaign. No Democrats.

Anyone with a critical eye on the news media can spot Gray's intent: Destroy Tulsi Gabbard by pushing the narrative that she is not really a Democratic Party candidate because so many non-Democrats are interested in her campaign. She's not one of "us" in other words. A Trojan horse!

Her piece after the first Democratic debate, "Tulsi Gabbard Is Having A MAGA Moment After Her Debate Performance," makes her point with all the subtlety of a Stalin-era stenographer: "More than any other Democratic candidate, Gabbard has developed a favorable presence in the right-wing media."

See what she did there? Grey hammers home her theme: Gabbard's not really a Democratic Party candidate. If you are a Democrat who is tempted to support her, remember this: she's a RIGHT-WING, not a progressive politician. As many of Gray's other pieces are about how the "right wing" is racist, it doesn't take a weatherman to know which way Gray's wind blows.

She pulled the same trick out of her hat for this piece: No, Gabbard's campaign is not like Ron Paul's because she has been able to reach across party and ideological lines to appeal to a diverse group of potential voters (which could be a benefit in places like New Hampshire, a state with a libertarian flavor and liberal rules governing party registration for primary voters). It's like Ron Paul's race because she's attracting Ron Paul people and Ron Paul people are all "evil racists"!

Here's Gray at her deceptive best: Tulsi Gabbard's campaign is just like Ron Paul's campaign and Ron Paul is...

...a highly controversial figure who dabbled in conspiracy thinking and whose connection to fringe politics dogged his campaign, especially when racist newsletters from the 1970s through the 1990s with his name on them were surfaced.

Why, Ron Paul even had the audacity to "suggest...that American military adventurism had provided a motive for the 9/11 attacks"!!!

Here's where Rosie Gray shows her true colors: by taking the Giuliani side in the Giuliani moment she openly embraces the long-discredited neoconservative position that resentment of the United States in the Muslim world is not because the US government has been bombing and killing Muslims for the past 30 or more years. No, they hate us because we are so good and so free!

Why is Rosie Gray so desperate to paint Tulsi Gabbard as an evil right-wing racist who in no way deserves the attention of any self-respecting Democratic Party voter? She's just doing the bidding of her paymasters.

Buzzfeed is not the plucky independent news outlet it likes to portray itself as being. It's largest shareholder is NBCUniversal, whose news component is as mainstream media as mainstream media can be. NBCUniversal has pumped at least $400 million into Buzzfeed.

As any struggling media outlet will agree, $400 million does not a plucky upstart make.

The purpose of Buzzfeed is to appear edgy while keeping everyone on the reservation. You must support the mainstream Democratic candidates. There is a danger that a Tulsi Gabbard might actually make a move to end the endless wars that provide a steady stream of income to the corporate news that partners with the military industrial complex to push the endless wars.

That's why Gray and her propagandists in the mainstream media pushed the false narrative that President Trump was an agent of the Russian government: his campaign rhetoric about "getting along" with Russia and ending pointless wars overseas was threatening to big media's profits. Like most politicians, his promises proved to be a lot of hot air, but still he had to be kneecapped by the fourth estate. Just in case.

I'll give this to Gray: In one way the Tulsi Gabbard campaign is like the Ron Paul campaign: the mainstream media hates both of their guts. But, thankfully, the American people increasingly hate the mainstream media's guts.

Article and links:

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ions-ron-paul/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess she is kind of similar to Ron in that she has zero chance of winning
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Her chance is much less than zero .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Her chances are in the negative.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This whole gibbard thing is a sham , no way she is really polling at one percent to even be included in the debates . Oprahs spiritual adviser is doing much better and would have a higher freedom index .
    Do something Danke

She's probably closer to Rand than Ron.

Although she's bit too extremist in her opposition of US taxpayers funded Iran military action, US leaders' support for groups like ISIS to weaken Iran, Syria civil war projects etc without regards to our closest democratic ally Israel's security. Trump has not called her an anti-semite like he did in case of Ilhan Omar but Tulsi could cause trouble ahead for GOP-Adelson wing and Iran war lobbies.

Keep thinking that at your own peril. The media ran the "enemy of your enemy is your friend" anti-establishment spiel to sell Trump to the right. Why wouldn't they do it to the left for CFR Gabbard? Her rhetoric on foreign policy is good but her voting record doesn't match and she's hard left on most everything else and definitely not libertarian. Plus, the Green New Deal stuff is a red herring. Green New Deal = Agenda 2030....and that's already well underway and without a single vote from Congress or Executive Order from the WH. It doesn't matter whether she "signs on" to it or not. It's happening regardless because it comes down from the UN.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Out of rep and shared to Minds.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Out of rep and shared to Minds.
    The Aug special here in Hoosier land is to except beers in lieu of reps
    Do something Danke

That is a most acceptable replacement, in fact, I would make it permanent.
    "The Patriarch"

True dat.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I disagree. She would easily win the swimsuit competition, a surfing competition, or a beauty contest against the rest of the Democrat clowns on that debate stage...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I disagree. She would easily win the swimsuit competition, a surfing competition, or a beauty contest against the rest of the Democrat clowns on that debate stage...
    Least Gabbard can be happy knowing that shes possibly the most beautiful person ever to run for POTUS. Gonna be a while before somebody even better on that front comes along.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"The Patriarch"

Least Gabbard can be happy knowing that shes possibly the most beautiful person ever to run for POTUS. Gonna be a while before somebody even better on that front comes along.
    We should give her the ring and see what happens...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

We should give her the ring and see what happens...

Lol, so can watch that serene face go hard?
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree. She would easily win the swimsuit competition [...]
    ... Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, etc. ... in bikinis ... gee, thanks for that image, Brian ... I'm gonna go pour bleach in my skull now ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Technically that makes her a Democratic primary frontrunner.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Technically that makes her a Democratic primary frontrunner.
    Dem primary frontrunner is secret code for the dangerously insane .
    Do something Danke

Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    She couldn't do all that surfing wearing a bikini?

Calvin Coolidge

She couldn't do all that surfing wearing a bikini?
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Apparently Frau Gabbard is this election's Bernie Sanders.

Payback: Democrats rig Tulsi Gabbard right out of their next debate
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...xt_debate.html

Tracey also noted that Gabbard was well above the campaign donor threshhold with 160,000 unique donors from all 50 states which ought to have gotten her in. But according to his piece, the Democratic Party bigs are weighing the matter towards polls they arbitrarily say the key ones, superceding even money raised in a rather subjective process, moving the goalposts. It all raises questions about how rigged those particular polls might be, or if they made those decisions just to Get Gabbard out.
    Ah, the sweet smell of democracy!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I do not think any legitimate poll can be found that puts her at two percent . Not a real candidate . Never was as I foretold .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hold the same position that I hold for the Supreme Court. There is a heavy biase toward ugly women: Ginsberg, Sotomayor, etc, they are all hideous. Strictly in the name of diversity, I want more beautiful women in positions of power. Tulsi could fill this gap.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I hold the same position that I hold for the Supreme Court. There is a heavy biase toward ugly women: Ginsberg, Sotomayor, etc, they are all hideous. Strictly in the name of diversity, I want more beautiful women in positions of power. Tulsi could fill this gap.
    Among this lot, it's as good a criterion as anything else, I suppose.

And if we're gonna get screwed anyway, well ...

Like interest rate are heading
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Gabbard Gutted By DNC's Dubious Debate Dodge
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...s-debate-dodge

A South Carolina poll published Aug. 14 by the Post and Courier placed Gabbard at 2%. One might have again vainly assumed that the newspaper with the largest circulation in a critical early primary state would be an “approved” sponsor per the dictates of the DNC, but it is not. Curious.
    Gabbard has a unique foreign-policy-centric message that is distinct from every other candidate, and she has managed to convert a shoestring campaign operation into a sizable public profile. (She is currently in Indonesia on a two-week National Guard training mission, therefore missing a crucial juncture of the campaign.) Other candidates poised for exclusion might also have a reasonable claim to entry -- Marianne Williamson passed the 130,000 donor threshold this week -- but the most egregious case is clearly Gabbard.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Tulsi is Still Terrible

The only two things Rep. Gabbard has in common with Dr. Ron Paul are:

• She boldly calls out her own political party for its corruption and failure to uphold its principles, and
    • She is against interventionist foreign policies.

Other than those things, she is a Progressive, through and through, which means she is an enemy of a true, Constitutional republic and has no respect for the rule of law, private property, the life of the defenseless unborn, and pretty much every other individual right given to us from God, not the State.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    The only two things Rep. Gabbard has in common with Dr. Ron Paul are:

• She boldly calls out her own political party for its corruption and failure to uphold its principles, and
    • She is against interventionist foreign policies.

Other than those things, she is a Progressive, through and through, which means she is an enemy of a true, Constitutional republic and has no respect for the rule of law, private property, the life of the defenseless unborn, and pretty much every other individual right given to us from God, not the State.
    She is also a liar and a hypocrite about foreign policy.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment