Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Bans Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I wonder if even a single progressive him will laud him for this dumbfuckery?
    Ya , I think he has nothing to gain .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unless he is a control freak at heart.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sometimes people do have bad behavior and a good motive. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

But here we don't even know what is going to happen, it's just another dog-pile on Trump because the MSM says so.
    Did you read the memorandum?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Did you read the memorandum?
    If I went back and did a thorough search of the last 4 or 5 months, there would probably about 30 or 40 different instances of reports that Trump is going to do something that people make threads about and people complain about that never turn out to be true.

Trump says things all the time that he doesn't mean.. BUT it is pretty easy to tell what side he is actually on.

Trump has been appointing a LOT of federal judges who are conservative constitutionalists based on the advice of Judge Nap. He didn't have to do that, it gets him absolutely nowhere politically, apparently he did it for the good of the country.

In other areas where he has less control over he has to be more strategic sometimes.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-20-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

How many times have you said Trump was going to implement something and it didn't happen?
    If Trump doesn't succeed in banning anything then he and Obama will be about tied since they both wanted gun control. The question is if Trump pulls it off.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    If Trump doesn't succeed in banning anything then he and Obama will be about tied since they both wanted gun control. The question is if Trump pulls it off.
    If you think Trump secretly wants gun control and is secretly a liberal then maybe you can explain why he has been bringing in conservative constitutional federal judges, en masse, pretty much behind the scenes, when it has brought him little to no political leverage.

This may have a bigger impact on the country in the longrun than a lot of the BS day to day stuff going on.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If you think Trump secretly wants gun control
    No indeed. He's not being secret about it at all.

and is secretly a liberal then maybe you can explain why he has been bringing in conservative constitutional federal judges, en masse, pretty much behind the scenes, when it has brought him little to no political leverage.
    This thinking right here is the problem. If Trump does 10 bad things and 10 good things, some of you will say that proves he's 100% on our side. Others will say he's 100% against us. The reality is a person's complete record speaks for itself, the good the bad and the ugly . Trump calling for gun control is exactly as bad as when Obama does it. When Trump appoints a good judge that is good but it doesn't negate every bad decision he makes.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This thinking right here is the problem. If Trump does 10 bad things and 10 good things, some of you will say that proves he's 100% on our side. Others will say he's 100% against us. The reality is a person's complete record speaks for itself, the good the bad and the ugly . Trump calling for gun control is exactly as bad as when Obama does it. When Trump appoints a good judge that is good but it doesn't negate every bad decision he makes.
    +Rep
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You're missing the entire point.

Almost every day there is a thread that is made that is complaining about something that people think Trump or his admin is going to do, and it never happens.

So I said, you never know what he is going to do - but what I also said, is that we have a pretty good clue about what his real intentions are by what he has done about something that he has completely discretion over, such as picking Federal Judges. He does not have that discretion with regards to many other things that have to go through congress or otherwise.

You're missing the entire point.

Almost every day there is a thread that is made that is complaining about something that people think Trump or his admin is going to do, and it never happens.

So I said, you never know what he is going to do - but what I also said, is that we have a pretty good clue about what his real intentions are by what he has done about something that he has completely discretion over, such as picking Federal Judges. He does not have that discretion with regards to many other things that have to go through congress or otherwise.
    He's appointed some pro life judges but that hasn't stopped him from signing a budget that funds Planned Parenthood. He's not consistent, appointing some judges who happen to be pro gun doesn't mean that he is even thinking about guns, let alone in a principled way.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Can anyone Trumpsplain this to me?
    I'm fine with automatic weapons ban, thus anything that modifies a semi to mimic auto fire should be illegal. He's asking the ATF and DOJ to apply a ban already in place to bump stocks. Plus it doesn't even matter. It has already been demonstrated you don't need any attachment to bump fire, so its a moot point. Take a chance and it might shut up the gun grabber crowd, while the people that understand guns know it doesn't change anything.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I'm fine with automatic weapons ban, thus anything that modifies a semi to mimic auto fire should be illegal. He's asking the ATF and DOJ to apply a ban already in place to bump stocks. Plus it doesn't even matter. It has already been demonstrated you don't need any attachment to bump fire, so its a moot point. Take a chance and it might shut up the gun grabber crowd, while the people that understand guns know it doesn't change anything.
    Since you admit in your first sentence that you don't understand the 2ndA then the rest of what you say is to be expected.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Since you admit in your first sentence that you don't understand the 2ndA then the rest of what you say is to be expected.
    Oh good that 1934 law will be overturned by the supreme court as unconstitutional any day now...

I'm addressing reality.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Everyone already agrees to draw the line SOMEWHERE. The question is where should it be drawn. Or do you think people should be able to buy chemical weapons, abrams tanks, rocket launchers and nuclear weapons without any regulations at all?

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

He's appointed some pro life judges but that hasn't stopped him from signing a budget that funds Planned Parenthood. He's not consistent, appointing some judges who happen to be pro gun doesn't mean that he is even thinking about guns, let alone in a principled way.
    Trump doesn't write the budget, he just signs it. If he doesn't sign it, he loses political capital in future endeavors. He has to allocate his political capital appropriately to maximize his goals.

In the longrun, it doesn't matter that much what this year's budget is, or next year, we have been deficit spending for so long.. but if he can sign a slashed budget by the end of his term(s) then that would be a goal that would benefit us greatly.

I disagree with your first sentence, but everything else seems correct based on what others on this forum have said.

If Trump gains political capital from doing essentially nothing, that is a win for him and his future endeavors. He is really good at doing that, for example when he bombed the empty airbase in Syria.

Isn't the rest of what he said correct though? I mean, I disagree with the first sentence also, but the rest seems like bombing an empty airbase to gain political capital.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump doesn't write the budget, he just signs it. If he doesn't sign it, he loses political capital in future endeavors. He has to allocate his political capital appropriately to maximize his goals.

In the longrun, it doesn't matter that much what this year's budget is, or next year, we have been deficit spending for so long.. but if he can sign a slashed budget by the end of his term(s) then that would be a goal that would benefit us greatly.
    Lol if he cared about life he would have said he'd veto anything that had abortion funding in it. I can tell you the Congress wouldn't let the government shut down. And you know it too.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Lol if he cared about life he would have said he'd veto anything that had abortion funding in it. I can tell you the Congress wouldn't let the government shut down. And you know it too.
    If you think that is the best way to get things done and maximize liberty, run for President, I'll vote for you.

Ron Paul spent a lot of time in congress being a principled voter and that is great, I'm glad he did it. But look at all the things Rand has accomplished by playing the game. Rand probably would not as successful if he used his father's blueprint, but he isn't his father, he is doing what he thinks is most effective and it is working quite well.

Trump has different goals than both Ron and Rand, but there is a lot of overlap and he is working on the strategic play.

If we had more liberty people in government, then Ron's purist strategy would probably do much better. I wish that were the case.

The reason is because the liberty wing of government lacks political capital.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-20-2018 at 07:44 PM.

If you think that is the best way to get things done and maximize liberty, run for President, I'll vote for you.

Ron Paul spent a lot of time in congress being a principled voter and that is great, I'm glad he did it. But look at all the things Rand has accomplished by playing the game. Rand probably would not as successful if he used his father's blueprint, but he isn't his father, he is doing what he thinks is most effective and it is working quite well.

Trump has different goals than both Ron and Rand, but there is a lot of overlap and he is working on the strategic play.

If we had more liberty people in government, then Ron's purist strategy would probably do much better. I wish that were the case.
    I see your overall point but here's the thing, Trump is president. He's in the position to say hell no to funding abortion, gun control, intervention, and all down the line. Ron just set an example casting votes. Trump could actually stop a lot of this stuff. That's not to say he has to, but he certainly could and the decisions he makes are his own fault or to his own credit and he should own them.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Could someone please start a fake news site that proclaims "Obama lauds Trumps bump stock ban!" I'll link it far and wide.

Oh good that 1934 law will be overturned by the supreme court as unconstitutional any day now...

I'm addressing reality.
    Then address it.

The 1934 Gun Laws were overthrown precisely because they were unconstitutional.

The 1968 Gun Laws then replaced it as a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to assassinations that the laws would not have prevented anyway.

because ,,,do something.

And "common sense gun laws" concept was sold to the masses, despite the fact that gun laws are invariably senseless.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Then address it.

The 1934 Gun Laws were overthrown precisely because they were unconstitutional.

The 1968 Gun Laws then replaced it as a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to assassinations that the laws would not have prevented anyway.

because ,,,do something.

And "common sense gun laws" concept was sold to the masses, despite the fact that gun laws are invariably senseless.
    Was there a Constitutional amendment? I don't remember one. I do recall there was one for prohibition. Don't recall one for pot. Seat belts? MPG? Insurance.

There's a whole lotta $#@! that comes from delegation.

I'm for delegation. The deleting of legislation.

So, looks like Trump will implement more gun control than Obama ever did. MAGA, right?
    Yup, gotta hand it to the stupid party and the Orange One.

Stab your base in the back, and kiss the opposition's ass and give them what they want.

The GOP is going to get slaughtered in the fall.

The leftist mobs, minorities and women are just dying to get in a voting booth to vote against them, and why should the base bother: you $#@!ed us on ObamaCare, you $#@!ed us on the budget, you $#@!ed us on foreign policy, you're fixing to $#@! us on immigration...it's all bull$#@!.

I've tried to keep an open mind, give Trump credit where it's due, but this is a line in the sand.

$#@! them all.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This seems like the kind of thing you do to placate people whining about gun control. This has zero affect on anything. The more practical question is it worth it placate the left when this will cost him votes from his base.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This seems like the kind of thing you do to placate people whining about gun control. This has zero affect on anything.
    Normalization isn't nothing- all they need to do is orchestrate a fake shooting and claim that it happened because they didn't do enough of a ban.

The reason is because the liberty wing of government lacks political capital.
    Horse$#@!.

Trump just did in one year, what Obama failed to do in eight: enact a wholesale ban on a firearm accessory.

After the leftists take back the congress and senate, he will sign another AWB.

Mark my words.

There was no, zero, nada, nyet political upside to it. Piss off your base and give the opposition what it wants? Why?

No, this is what he thinks, and he just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This seems like the kind of thing you do to placate people whining about gun control. This has zero affect on anything. The more practical question is it worth it placate the left when this will cost him votes from his base.
    It will do nothing but embolden the prohibitionists.

Now they know they can make the Orange One cave in.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast