Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [VIDEO] Comedian Jim Breuer demolishes Covid insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    To me he seems some what juvenile especially the ass noise.. I get his jokes they just don't seem funny to me they seem stupid and if not for the smell corny. His ass is all he has going for him. He is like a 12 year old to me.
    See? Humorless ^

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Prosecution rests.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Some people don't have a sense of humor. I mean that scientifically. I think it's around 25%. Most of them pretend to laugh at things when the see other people laughing, but don't quite understand. Some people don't have a sense for music, either.
    Someone doesn't like what you like doesn't doesn't mean they are humorless or that they don't understand. It's just different tastes. When Breuer does things with a heavy metal approach, I don't think it's funny. His impression of Nicholson and Pesci, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Someone doesn't like what you like doesn't doesn't mean they are humorless or that they don't understand. It's just different tastes. When Breuer does things with a heavy metal approach, I don't think it's funny. His impression of Nicholson and Pesci, funny.
    I'm aware of that. My point is, my least favorite genre of music is country. Those are my tastes. I don't find it very interesting, I don't prefer the twangy male singing voices. I don't play it in my car. But if no other music existed, I would listen to it and enjoy it. Why? Because I like music.

I also have certain tastes in comedy. My favorite comedians are Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle, I don't have a preference one over the other, they are boat GOATs in my book.

I don't tend to prefer classic British comedy, even Monty Python movies are not my preference. But I still think John Cleese is a very talented comedic genius. He spoke at my commencement from my University and it was fantastic. I can appreciate his films without thinking they are my favorite, in fact they are closer to my least favorite. Why do I have such appreciation for my least favorite type of comedy? Because I enjoy and appreciate comedy.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It also has somewhat to do with gender.

As evidence, there are basically zero funny female comedians.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It also has somewhat to do with gender.

As evidence, there are basically zero funny female comedians.
    Word

I'm aware of that. My point is, my least favorite genre of music is country. Those are my tastes. I don't find it very interesting, I don't prefer the twangy male singing voices. I don't play it in my car. But if no other music existed, I would listen to it and enjoy it. Why? Because I like music.

I also have certain tastes in comedy. My favorite comedians are Joe Rogan and Dave Chappelle, I don't have a preference one over the other, they are boat GOATs in my book.

I don't tend to prefer classic British comedy, even Monty Python movies are not my preference. But I still think John Cleese is a very talented comedic genius. He spoke at my commencement from my University and it was fantastic. I can appreciate his films without thinking they are my favorite, in fact they are closer to my least favorite. Why do I have such appreciation for my least favorite type of comedy? Because I enjoy and appreciate comedy.
    But that's you doing it based on your beliefs. It still doesn't mean the poster is lacking a sense of humor. it's just their opinion of funny is different than yours.

In the vid, Breuer went too long with the opening bit, so it went flat, imo.
    But it no doubt was a hit with that crowd and he knew it would be. It helped set the mood. Of course people who have been locked up and are now going out are going to eat it up more so. Again, he knows what he is doing. His demographics. It's going to add too it. Not that you're saying different.

The he doesn't get it, the John Cleese spoke at your Universities commencement. A little elitist if you ask me. "He's wearing my Harvard tie, like oh sure HE went to Harvard"

But that's you doing it based on your beliefs. It still doesn't mean the poster is lacking a sense of humor. it's just their opinion of funny is different than yours.
    I didn't say she did, I just quoted her and said some people do. Something to consider.

I'm not sure what you meant by the rest. I'm just saying I like comedy. Period. I have preferences for certain types of comedy, but I don't say "oh that guy isn't funny" to the video that Working Poor posted. I said it was not bad for boomer humor.

I also think there are funny female comedians. None that are at the level of my favorites.. but there was an Amy Schumer comedy special back in the day when she was first coming up on the scene that I thought was pretty good. Nowhere near the best, but probably the best that I've seen from female comedians. Not a huge fan of a lot of her other material, her tv show wasn't that great. I wasn't a huge fan of Key and Peele either, but they had a few good bits. If there was no other comedy in the entire world except for Key and Peele, I would watch it.

To say it is elitist of me to find comedy that is the lowest on my preference scale enjoyable makes zero sense to me. An elitist would be like, "I like this kind of comedy, everything else sucks." I'm literally saying the exact opposite.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-04-2022 at 10:45 PM.

I didn't say she did, I just quoted her and said some people do. Something to consider.

I'm not sure what you meant by the rest. I'm just saying I like comedy. Period. I have preferences for certain types of comedy, but I don't say "oh that guy isn't funny" to the video that Working Poor posted. I said it was not bad for boomer humor.

I also think there are funny female comedians. None that are at the level of my favorites.. but there was an Amy Schumer comedy special back in the day when she was first coming up on the scene that I thought was pretty good. Nowhere near the best, but probably the best that I've seen from female comedians. Not a huge fan of a lot of her other material, her tv show wasn't that great. I wasn't a huge fan of Key and Peele either, but they had a few good bits. If there was no other comedy in the entire world except for Key and Peele, I would watch it.

To say it is elitist of me to find comedy that is the lowest on my preference scale enjoyable makes zero sense to me. An elitist would be like, "I like this kind of comedy, everything else sucks." I'm literally saying the exact opposite.
    I'm not saying that is what makes you come across as an elitist snob in this thread.
    What I did make it about was the different tastes you have from the other poster.

It is a bit of snobbery to imply that a person who doesn't think it's funny, doesn't get it or understand what it's about or where it's coming from just because they don't find it funny. It's like when someone says another person has bad taste in music because they don't like the same music.

I'm not saying that is what makes you come across as an elitist snob in this thread.
    What I did make it about was the different tastes you have from the other poster.

It is a bit of snobbery to imply that a person who doesn't think it's funny, doesn't get it or understand what it's about or where it's coming from just because they don't find it funny. It's like when someone says another person has bad taste in music because they don't like the same music.
    Country is my least favorite music. I don't tell people who like country they have a bad taste in music. That makes me a snob? Again, this is the opposite of snobbery. Still not sure your point.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FULL COMEDY SPECIAL | Jim Breuer - 'Somebody Had to Say It'

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Country is my least favorite music. I don't tell people who like country they have a bad taste in music. That makes me a snob? Again, this is the opposite of snobbery. Still not sure your point.
    My point is obvious. You refuse to see my point after I've offered the same simple explanation. Which is, you are so arrogant to think it's about people not understanding when it's about taste.

Again, your words. -
    "Most of them pretend to laugh at things when the see other people laughing, but don't quite understand. Some people don't have a sense for music, either."

You don't quite understand. Some people don't have a sense for differences in taste, either.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 07-05-2022 at 10:33 AM.

I wasn't laughing but i enjoyed his portrayals of the covidiot sheeple. I was smiling more than half the time So god bless him for making fun of the plandemic bull$#@!.
    >_<

From more than a year ago, but w/e

- Kim Kardashian

My point is obvious. You refuse to see my point after I've offered the same simple explanation. Which is, you are so arrogant to think it's about people not understanding when it's about taste.
    What is it about California, that it contains such a huge concentration of arrogant people who are in such a deep state of denial about their own arrogance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What is it about California, that it contains such a huge concentration of arrogant people who are in such a deep state of denial about their own arrogance?
    Handouts. They turn people into dependent children.

"with $103 billion going toward welfare, the Golden State's spending on the financially needy is more than the next two on the list combined."
    Last edited by tebowlives; 07-08-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12