Page 117 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 4738

Thread: Cowboys win the NFC

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Everyone is saying the o-line is what is holding Miami back. They hired Frank Smith who is said to be an o-line expert.

I've been getting lost in stats lately. Let's look at Cincinnati. Joe Burrow was sacked 51 times (led the league) this year, but the Bengals were good. I believe they were 23rd in rushing which isn't special, but better than 30th. A better run game could take some pressure off Tua.
    I know Melvin Gordon is in free agency right now.
    One of the things about the Bengals is they get penalties 72-620 vs 116-946. They got 33 first downs to their opponents 19 on penalties. They had the 2nd best yards per catch so they can go downfield better than other teams to make up that distance.

The Fins play in a division with arguably the 2 best teams in the AFC but they did have a nice last half 8-1

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine how good the Bengals would be if they could cut the sacks in half.

It is one thing to say a fighter can take a punch but those punches add up and do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    One of the things about the Bengals is they get penalties 72-620 vs 116-946. They got 33 first downs to their opponents 19 on penalties. They had the 2nd best yards per catch so they can go downfield better than other teams to make up that distance.

The Fins play in a division with arguably the 2 best teams in the AFC but they did have a nice last half 8-1
    I didn't realize the Bengals were the lowest penalized team. After further research I found out the Rams were the second lowest with 637 yards. For me it is fun to go down the stats rabbit hole, but sometimes when you go down the rabbit hole you only have more questions.

My biggest question of the 2021-2022 season is how did the Rams win the superbowl? Stafford tied for league lead in interceptions. They were not elite in any one category.

I'm still trying to get a handle on NFL stats. I used to be big on MLB sabermetrics, but I'm done with baseball. Since the MLB implemented a universal DH I'll never watch another game.

What is a universal DH?
    No - No - No - No

I didn't realize the Bengals were the lowest penalized team. After further research I found out the Rams were the second lowest with 637 yards. For me it is fun to go down the stats rabbit hole, but sometimes when you go down the rabbit hole you only have more questions.

My biggest question of the 2021-2022 season is how did the Rams win the superbowl? Stafford tied for league lead in interceptions. They were not elite in any one category.

I'm still trying to get a handle on NFL stats. I used to be big on MLB sabermetrics, but I'm done with baseball. Since the MLB implemented a universal DH I'll never watch another game.
    They were +2 in turnovers and outgained their opponents by ~450 yards. Their punter Hekker is one of the best. 62 punts and only 9 returned. Outgained their opponents on punts by 155 yards. That 450 yard advantage is now 600
    They sacked their opponents 50 times vs 31 times being sacked

AND they had 4 pick sixes and didn't give up any. That's huge! from 2010 "Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, teams that return an interception for a touchdown in a game are 1,187-343-3, a winning percentage of 77.5."

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    What is a universal DH?
    Designated Hitter ( in place of pitcher ) is what DH means but I thought it was just the American League. I've been an A's fan since the 60's so I dont watch a lot of National League ball but we play games against them and our pitchers had to bat so I dunno. I dont think there will be a baseball season this yr anyway because I dont expect there to be a labor agreement so I'm viewing that as a big negative for future fan base etc Best thing about baseball is there is no cowboys , just the hated houston colt .45's ( cheater astros) .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Designated Hitter ( in place of pitcher ) is what DH means but I thought it was just the American League. I've been an A's fan since the 60's so I dont watch a lot of National League ball but we play games against them and our pitchers had to bat so I dunno. I dont think there will be a baseball season this yr anyway because I dont expect there to be a labor agreement so I'm viewing that as a big negative for future fan base etc Best thing about baseball is there is no cowboys , just the hated houston colt .45's ( cheater astros) .
    The DH is coming to the NL this year if the season happens.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....t-negotiations
    Last edited by mtr1979; 02-19-2022 at 03:04 AM.

Now back to football. I saw some good news for the Dolphins. They have the most salary cap room in the NFL.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...ff-season/amp/

According to this article Jacksonville also looks to be in a good position. I would like to see Jacksonville turn it around.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh cool. another sport you know little about. Your baseball team is nothing more than a bunch of carpet baggers from the swamp who left in 1961.

The DH is coming to the NL this year if the season happens.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....t-negotiations
    I see . Cant see that going over big with NL fans but I dont think they'll play anyway.
    Do something Danke

The new HC of the Dolphins looks like he should be working as a Starbucks barista.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The new HC of the Dolphins looks like he should be working as a Starbucks barista.
    Wont be long and that could happen
    Do something Danke

Looking forward to the NFL draft. A lot of the mock drafts I've been seeing show Evan O'Neal going #1 (Jacksonville) and Aidan Hutchinson #2 (Detroit).

From the stats I've looked at Jacksonville isn't that bad offensively. I mean they are not absolute bottom feeders in rushing and passing stats. They did average the lowest points per game at 14.9. That could be an issue of coaching in the red zone.

I understand offensive line is everything, but as your #1 draft pick. Has there ever been an offensive lineman who was the face of a franchise? I see Hutchinson as a future superstar, the face of a franchise. Visibility, endorsements, jersey sales and the list goes on. Should Jacksonville take him at #1?

As bad as Jacksonville was this year I still see them one day being good. Let's be honest the AFC south is a weak division? I'm still not sold on the Titans. Jacksonville is a warm weather team and that could be a factor in an aging free agents choice.

I ended up 8-5. Not even close to being good enough to win anywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Looking forward to the NFL draft. A lot of the mock drafts I've been seeing show Evan O'Neal going #1 (Jacksonville) and Aidan Hutchinson #2 (Detroit).

From the stats I've looked at Jacksonville isn't that bad offensively. I mean they are not absolute bottom feeders in rushing and passing stats. They did average the lowest points per game at 14.9. That could be an issue of coaching in the red zone.

I understand offensive line is everything, but as your #1 draft pick. Has there ever been an offensive lineman who was the face of a franchise? I see Hutchinson as a future superstar, the face of a franchise. Visibility, endorsements, jersey sales and the list goes on. Should Jacksonville take him at #1?

As bad as Jacksonville was this year I still see them one day being good. Let's be honest the AFC south is a weak division? I'm still not sold on the Titans. Jacksonville is a warm weather team and that could be a factor in an aging free agents choice.
    They have a good QB. I think he's underrated. AJ Brown was their only good receiver last year. Jones has been banged up the last 2 years and didn't do much. First 3 games 12 catches 204 yds. After that 19-230. Does Henry have another season or 2 in him or has the workload finished his career early?

The Colts aren't too bad except the choking part.

Texans need a QB. Jags will get better. But yea, it is a weak division.

I would think the Colts would be favored to win that division next season as of now.
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They have a good QB. I think he's underrated. AJ Brown was their only good receiver last year. Jones has been banged up the last 2 years and didn't do much. First 3 games 12 catches 204 yds. After that 19-230. Does Henry have another season or 2 in him or has the workload finished his career early?

The Colts aren't too bad except the choking part.

Texans need a QB. Jags will get better. But yea, it is a weak division.
    I remember watching the Colts vs the Buccaneers a couple of months ago. I'm not a fan of either team, but the game sticks with me. The colts should have won that game. They were successful running the ball and doing short passing game stuff then they would get to midfield and self destruct. They would stop running plays that were working and go four and out. I wonder how many yards Taylor could have accumulated this year with different play calling. Yeah I know he led the league in rushing.

Two NFL players are tied for the most consecutive games with 125 yards or more receiving. They both missed extending it to 6 by less than 10 in their next game.
    They both played for the same franchise.
    One is in the Hall of Fame and led the league in receiving yards twice. The other is not and led the league in receiving yardage once.

Guesses? no looking up

Two NFL players are tied for the most consecutive games with 125 yards or more receiving. They both missed extending it to 6 by less than 10 in their next game.
    One is in the Hall of Fame and led the league in receiving yards twice. The other is not and led the league in receiving yardage once.

Guesses? no looking up
    Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens?

Nope. Good guess but both are in the Hall of Fame.

Hint - One is a mega star

calvin johnson
    Do something Danke

Guesses? no looking up
    I don't understand the whole question, but will take a wild guess. Tim Brown and Randy Moss. My wild card guess is Irving Fryar. And no, I didn't look it up!

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Oooo, now I'm really thinking about that question. Now I'm thinking it's someone really new, like a Chase for the Bengals. Of course, that means the other guy would had to have played for the Bengals. Or how about Beckam? Hill? Fitzgerald? AB? Or it must be tied with these playoffs, eh? Diggs? Taint been following this the past few years. Hmmm....
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-24-2022 at 10:29 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm thinking they played for the same franchise, but at different times. That's why Randy Moss keeps popping in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I'm thinking they played for the same franchise, but at different times. That's why Randy Moss keeps popping in my head.
    I had to look the answer up and I can honestly say I would have NEVER got it. Some clues were given in previous posts. Here is another clue the franchise they played for is a historically bad franchise absolute bottom feeder. A place where ultra elite players go and ultimately retire while still in their primes or at least still have a lot left in the tank.

Here is another "trivia" question.
    These two players are considered to many the luckiest ever to lace up football cleats. One is a quarterback and the other is a running back.
    Both played on teams with a supporting cast. They had either had elite defenses or the best offensive line in history.

These two guys were good players, but would they be considered all time greatest if they played for bad teams? I'm interested seeing which off these two guys you all think is luckier?

calvin johnson
    Correct.

The other player is Lion Pat Studstill who did it in 1966. He also caught a 99 yarder that year. 1266 yards that year. His next highest was 479 yards

RIP former Oilers and Texas Southern great WR Ken Burroughs who has passed at a too young 73
    Do something Danke

Correct.

The other player is Lion Pat Studstill who did it in 1966. He also caught a 99 yarder that year. 1266 yards that year. His next highest was 479 yards
    Interesting times , my Vikings went 1-1-1 that season against the sixth place Western Conf Lions ( Lions 2- 0-1 against the Bears ). Lions had Sammy Baugh as QB and running back coach , Dick LeBeau at CB , Alex Karras at DT. Leading rusher and scorer ( other than kicker Garo Yepremian) former Indiana fullback Tom Nowatzke. Lions real problems stemmed from the 28 interceptions the two QBs threw against the 8 TD's they came up with while the leading rusher could only avg 3.4
    per carry behind that Off line. Ol' Studstill a pretty good runner for a Punter
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-25-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    Do something Danke