Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's see some real RPF legwork, we used to do this in a day. Help a member in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Second "receipt" - Originalist accepted a "Second Chance" offer so he rocks too! Sadly I didn't have enough batteries to send you a working voice unit, but I threw a couple in the box. If you decide to get batteries and neither one works, let me know and I'll send another. I haven't had any NOT work yet but just in case....
    He talks?!?! Bonus!!!!!
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Updates from any quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Updates from any quarter?
    Check your e mail , I got one today. Sounds about as positive as it can be right now .

"More hopeful news- just January 18th the doctor informed ********** that she is responding very well to the chemotherapy. She had a bone marrow biopsy done to see how she was doing and the first round virtually killed the majority of the leukemia. ********** and their family still has a long road ahead of them but they were so relieved to get this amazing news.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers, well wishes and thoughts. Please continue to share ********'s story. The bills for her treatments and very expensive medications are starting to arrive. Your donations are going directly towards these costs and have already made a HUGE impact to this family. THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity! The Lundquist family is overjoyed with the amount of love and support they have received so far. THANK YOU!"

I censored out the names because I don't think those were posted here... but maybe I'm wrong. Whatever.

Eitjer way, important thing is, things are sounding like they're looking up, huh?

Anyone that hasn't donated yet, not too late to show the gubmint that giving freely works better than theft! 😊

@jllundqu I'm sorry for what you all are going through. I saw the other thread but I was gone from RPF for a few weeks so I didn't post on it. I will donate when I get paid for an upcoming website job. But I wanted you to know that I've been praying for your wife and I'll continue to pray.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Check your e mail , I got one today. Sounds about as positive as it can be right now .
    Just was reading that, thanks.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    "More hopeful news- just January 18th the doctor informed ********** that she is responding very well to the chemotherapy. She had a bone marrow biopsy done to see how she was doing and the first round virtually killed the majority of the leukemia. ********** and their family still has a long road ahead of them but they were so relieved to get this amazing news.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers, well wishes and thoughts. Please continue to share ********'s story. The bills for her treatments and very expensive medications are starting to arrive. Your donations are going directly towards these costs and have already made a HUGE impact to this family. THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity! The Lundquist family is overjoyed with the amount of love and support they have received so far. THANK YOU!"

I censored out the names because I don't think those were posted here... but maybe I'm wrong. Whatever.

Eitjer way, important thing is, things are sounding like they're looking up, huh?

Anyone that hasn't donated yet, not too late to show the gubmint that giving freely works better than theft! ��
    That is awesome news, I have been witness to what happens when the first round doesn't work. Very good news indeed.
    "The Patriarch"

I think angelatc may have another pair of those action figures.
    "The Patriarch"

Hey everyone.

First time I've had to logon in a while. Here's a quick update.

She just finished round 2 chemo which was 5 days in the hospital. It was like being hit by a train. They pumped her full of so many fluids it was scary. She gained 20 pounds in 2 days just in fluids... they had to put her on Lasix to help get rid of fluid.

She's on so many meds we can't count and they all have horrible effects on her. Nausea, headaches, dizziness, sleepiness.... then the docs say "You have to eat!" "You have to get up and walk!"

It's so damn hard. But she's a trooper and is doing what needs to be done. I will update more when I can.

Thank you all for your prayers and help with the Go Fund Me page... believe me it is helping. Some of these meds even with insurance cost thousands of dollars.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Hey everyone.

First time I've had to logon in a while. Here's a quick update.

She just finished round 2 chemo which was 5 days in the hospital. It was like being hit by a train. They pumped her full of so many fluids it was scary. She gained 20 pounds in 2 days just in fluids... they had to put her on Lasix to help get rid of fluid.

She's on so many meds we can't count and they all have horrible effects on her. Nausea, headaches, dizziness, sleepiness.... then the docs say "You have to eat!" "You have to get up and walk!"

It's so damn hard. But she's a trooper and is doing what needs to be done. I will update more when I can.

Thank you all for your prayers and help with the Go Fund Me page... believe me it is helping. Some of these meds even with insurance cost thousands of dollars.
    Still praying! I'll try and scare up some more cash even though I haven't worked since Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Still praying! I'll try and scare up some more cash even though I haven't worked since Christmas.
    I got a temp. promotion this hitch, so I'll send something along when I get home.

I got a temp. promotion this hitch, so I'll send something along when I get home.

How's your mom doing?

How's your mom doing?
    So you really are Captain Ahab .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    So you really are Captain Ahab .
    Aye, Queeqag, aye.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How's your mom doing?
    Still recovering. We moved her to a longer term rehabilitation facility. The same place my dad did therapy for his hip replacement. Not sure if she'll ever get to the point of using a walker. But, she continues to improve in small ways.

Still recovering. We moved her to a longer term rehabilitation facility. The same place my dad did therapy for his hip replacement. Not sure if she'll ever get to the point of using a walker. But, she continues to improve in small ways.
    Any improvement is good improvement.

Glad to hear that.

This issue lead me to an organization I wanted to share here:

DKMS
    https://www.dkms.org/en

jllundqu's family struggle had me educate myself more on his wife's diagnosis which lead to me finding out a dire need for donors for people with the many different types of Leukemia, which lead to me finding out about DKMS. They are an international non-profit founded by a German doctor who lost his wife to Leukemia who help match donors to people in need. If you join and are matched they cover all medical, lodging, and travel costs for the donor.

I just mailed out my packet to them to be placed in their database. They mail you a swab pack (after taking a short questionnaire on their site to determine if you are able to donate) with 3 swabs. a prepaid return envelope, and a short letter describing the process to insure done correctly. I know there will be the fear of taking a DNA sample from swabbing your cheek and mailing it to them, but (at least legally speaking) they are bound by HIPPA as well as policy to keep those records strictly inhouse. Being that I served in the Army and knowing my DNA is already on file I didn't think it over as much as someone who isn't already in a database might.

But, something to think about. But a procedure and trip that is at no cost to you, a painless procedure, and the thought of being able to offer someone's wife, husband, or children a chance to live seems a good trade to me.

Just an FYI
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

bump for an update

can budget for another 20... hope all going well.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I think angelatc may have another pair of those action figures.
    Yep. Hit me up people. $60 includes shipping to almost any US address.

bump for an update
    Morning my second family.

Linda is having a damn rough time recovering from this second round of Chemo. She has too much fluid in her, it is compressing her lungs making it difficult to breathe, so they are doing a thoracentesis today, basically pushing a needle through the chest wall and draining the fluid out. Doc says should bring instant relief.

The good news is that we just found out that her older sister is a perfect stem cell donor match hitting all 10 out of 10 genetic markers. This means we will not have to go through the less favorable option of using a donor network.

We needed some good news so we are very happy.

I am back to work part-time so as to keep my health benefits and putting food on the table, but I will be taking a leave of absence after the stem cell transplant because it is critical that Linda receive 24/7 care.

Thank you all again for checking in, your prayers, and your gifts... we need them all.

We have to make our home basically into a clean room for her transplant recovery and docs say we needs to replace carpets, clean air ducts, seal windows, have separate refrigerator for her food to prevent cross contamination, water filtration for the house, etc etc.... so your money is helping with all that... we have a fighting chance, folks.

Thank you all so much.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Update posted today at

https://www.gofundme.com/HelpLindaLe...campaign=upd_n

Posted by Kirsten Boone

We have another update on Linda and her progress as she continues to battle Leukemia. Linda completed her second round of chemotherapy and recovered at home. This last round of chemo was particularly hard on her and the family. The doctor recommended doing a third round of chemotherapy before moving forward with the stem cell transplant.

Linda went back to the hospital this past Friday, February 9th for her third round. She will be coming home to in next day or two. After a three-week recovery at home, they will do a bone marrow biopsy where we are all praying they will find ZERO leukemia cells. If there are no leukemia cells found, Linda will be able to begin the stem cell transplant process. The family got extremely GOOD NEWS recently when they found out that Julie, Linda’s older sister, was a perfect 10 out of 10 genetic marker match for the stem transplant! They are still testing all her siblings to make sure they have all options available but this is incredibly fantastic news as having a sibling donor has a higher rate of success than using the donor network.

Jim (aka Daddy) has taken on the homeschooling responsibilities and is doing an amazing job at it. **** is learning LOTS of math, his favorite subject, and ***** is loving crafts and writing the alphabet. She continues to love to dance and draw the most. The kids are also keeping busy with all the wonderful crafts and projects that you all send, so thank you.

Linda and Jim wanted to be sure you all know that she has received all the amazing cards and gifts from everyone and wishes she could individually respond and thank each person but is unable to do so right now. They truly feel the love and support coming from all directions and are overwhelmed and grateful for everything you all continue to do.

We will post updates as we are able. Please continue to share their story and send your thoughts and prayers. Your continued support helps more than you know. THANK YOU!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In for another $50

Any updates?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Thank you all so very much...

Linda is really hurting right now... god damn I hate this. They give her something for nausea, and she gets a crippling headache. They give her something for the headache and it givers her nausea.

Sorry I don't post updates often, but I had to take a month off work and take over the house, homeschooling, everything. Our world is upsidedown, but you all have made my baby smile. She thanks you from the bottom of her heart for all you have given.

-Jim
    I have five dollars on my minds.com account I'll try to forward it to paypal and see what i can do.......

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Any updates?
    Morning my second family.

Linda is having a damn rough time recovering from this second round of Chemo. She has too much fluid in her, it is compressing her lungs making it difficult to breathe, so they are doing a thoracentesis today, basically pushing a needle through the chest wall and draining the fluid out. Doc says should bring instant relief.

The good news is that we just found out that her older sister is a perfect stem cell donor match hitting all 10 out of 10 genetic markers. This means we will not have to go through the less favorable option of using a donor network.

We needed some good news so we are very happy.

I am back to work part-time so as to keep my health benefits and putting food on the table, but I will be taking a leave of absence after the stem cell transplant because it is critical that Linda receive 24/7 care.

Thank you all again for checking in, your prayers, and your gifts... we need them all.

We have to make our home basically into a clean room for her transplant recovery and docs say we needs to replace carpets, clean air ducts, seal windows, have separate refrigerator for her food to prevent cross contamination, water filtration for the house, etc etc.... so your money is helping with all that... we have a fighting chance, folks.

Thank you all so much.
    They're prob in the 24/7 care phase.

Will send some cash next week to same address, unless you prefer otherwise @jllundqu.

bump for updates

Been a month, no word, hope everything is OK.

Mods, this is the most frequently viewed forum, please give this thread a day or two to generate some views, thanks.

Long term member @jllundqu has gotten bad news on the medical front, his wife has a rare and aggressive form of leukemia that requires immediate and costly treatments that the insurance mafia is already balking at.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-Has-Leukemia

The family is requesting donations to help with medical bills, here:

https://www.gofundme.com/HelpLindaLe...tion_receiptv5

Let's see if we can rustle up the old RPF spirit from ten years back, where $25,000 could be raised in a day.

I chipped in $50

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

https://www.gofundme.com/HelpLindaLe...campaign=upd_n

Posted by Kirsten Boone
    20 days ago

Hello Friends and Family-

We have another update on Linda Leigh and her battle against Leukemia. Linda was admitted to the hospital yesterday for her fourth round of chemo which will be immediately followed by the stem cell transplant. She should be in the hospital for about 5 weeks. It will be a difficult month ahead. Julie, Linda’s sister, is the donor for the transplant and will be undergoing surgery to harvest her donor cells next week. April 10th is the actual day of the transplant. The next 100 days are the most critical in her care so please continue to send good thoughts and prayers to the Lundquist family. They are so incredibly grateful for the support and love they have received from all of you. The kids have loved each and every gift sent to them these past 3 months. They wanted to say that they could not do this without everyone’s support and love. They are so appreciative of your continued support.

Jim and Linda were able to spend a wonderful Easter together with the kids before she was admitted to the hospital this past Monday. Please continue to share Linda’s story. Thank you for your support to help Linda Leigh beat cancer AGAIN. Also, please go to the website BeTheMatch.org and sign up for free to be a donor and help save someone’s life! THANK YOU ALL.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast