Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Up with Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Gold @ 1365 , Silver @ 20 1/4 . Bank Of America Meryl Lynch is expecting silver @ 30 and gold @ 1500 in a report they released yesterday .
    What's the time frame? Metals look poised for another big week ahead.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What's the time frame? Metals look poised for another big week ahead.
    1475 for next yr is the speculation they make, that was moved up from 1325. I expected to see 1390 this summer and we are about 1370 now .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silver back below $19. I'm going to go on a silver buying spree if this keep up... say below $18.50

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Silver back below $19. I'm going to go on a silver buying spree if this keep up... say below $18.50

I bought some today , may buy more Fri .

Zerohedge says someone dumped 1.5 Billion in gold futures on the market at 8:40 Eastern this morning. BTFD.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Zerohedge says someone dumped 1.5 Billion in gold futures on the market at 8:40 Eastern this morning. BTFD.
    Which would be the immediate 12 dollar drop this morning .

Silver was @ 19.10 at one time yesterday , at 18.54 now

They're suppressing metals until the last moment to buy phys as cheap as possible. You should take advantage. Even the raids aren't effective for more than a day any more. The daily charts look like mountain ranges as paper battles physical. The yuan is going to be officially in the SDR in a month and China's gold holdings are way higher than any official announcement up-to-date. I haven't even looked into their silver holdings...

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Silver is on sale again

Silver is on sale again
    Wise people have said that when metals and oil are both in a sustained spiral downward beyond what most would see as reasonable market movements, SHTF is very soon. Signs of the paper games unwinding. Keep watching them both. Same happened in 08.

A fun website to track western paper metal prices vs eastern physical metal prices
    http://www.didthesystemcollapse.com

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wise people have said that when metals and oil are both in a sustained spiral downward beyond what most would see as reasonable market movements, SHTF is very soon. Signs of the paper games unwinding. Keep watching them both. Same happened in 08.

A fun website to track western paper metal prices vs eastern physical metal prices
    I struggle with some of these concepts, but that being said I added 100 oz of silver today.

I remember a recent Ron Paul Liberty Report where he basically said not to worry so much about the spot price, but be concerned with how many ounces you have for when the dollar finally dies.

I have some but I keep buying it .
    Do something Danke

I struggle with some of these concepts, but that being said I added 100 oz of silver today.

I remember a recent Ron Paul Liberty Report where he basically said not to worry so much about the spot price, but be concerned with how many ounces you have for when the dollar finally dies.
    How much is "enough"? How many month's worth of income would you like to be able to live off of it if the dollar became worthless? Six months? A year? More?

Let's say you make the median income of $50,000 a year. After taxes, say $40,000. Six months would be $20,000 or at $18 an ounce would be over 1,000 ounces. (about 75 pounds of the stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How much is "enough"? How many month's worth of income would you like to be able to live off of it if the dollar became worthless? Six months? A year? More?

Let's say you make the median income of $50,000 a year. After taxes, say $40,000. Six months would be $20,000 or at $18 an ounce would be over 1,000 ounces. (about 75 pounds of the stuff).
    Well, you cannot be a silver Baron until you have more than 1000 ounces . I say go all in
    Do something Danke

I know based on your posts that you have a fine collection of shiny metals!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

1000 ounces sounds like a good start!

First off, I am SUPER surprised Zippy is asking about Silver.....

Second, any of you also buying Gold, or just keeping with the Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Zippy didn't post the thread but Zippy has repeatedly over the years asked the "how much is enough?" question when threads like this are posted. FUD methinks.

Buy what you can afford. Walk in the footsteps of giants. Btw, good to see you still around Xar.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sticking with silver for now.

For the silver bugs... which do you prefer? .999 pure silver or pre-1964 constitutional US coins?

Ahem! Looks awfully like the start of those movements happening now.

Ahem! Looks awfully like the start of those movements happening now.
    I'm genuinely interested in why you think this...

Predictions of bottoms, tops, and imminent apocalypses have come and gone..

so why now? and at what point will we know that it hasn't (or has) happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post

Doomsdayers do think March 15th is a significant event because of a few different elections like the Netherlands. It doesn't matter what will happen in the elections.

Buying silver or oil randomly right now and holding for the first up close vs the previous day will show a solid long run profit. If you bought half now and bought either a gap down Monday or Tuesday, the odds of the trade working in either commodity are around 85%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post

A lot of things converging together. Some economic, some political, some esoteric. Krugminator mentioned elections as one example. Debt ceiling is another. Rate hike too. Ides of March? Commentators on CNBC, for example, are turning negative. Both metals and oil turning down sharply somewhat in unison. Just a few examples.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-10-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

Yes , I buy some gold and keep some . I buy gold when it is 1200 or under .
    Do something Danke

I'm sticking with silver for now.

For the silver bugs... which do you prefer? .999 pure silver or pre-1964 constitutional US coins?
    I like some of both . Any .999 I usually get in Silver Eagles but keep more 90 % , I even have a little Sterling ( 92.5 ) coins but I do not suggest it for others . I also have a few 50 % ( modern canadian silver dollars ) , 40 % (San Fransisco Mint Ike dollars ) and 35 % ( War nickels , 1942 - 1945 ) coins and a few 10 % Mexican silver Pesos ( 1950's ) .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-10-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12