Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Not Leave?

Exclamation Why Not Leave?

And there it is...the end of all the arguments, blathering and bull$#@!.

Bring it $#@!s...enough talk.

Why Not Leave?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...why-not-leave/

By eric - November 7, 2020

When I was young I wondered why so many Jewish people stayed in Germany while they still had the opportunity to leave. Couldn’t they see what was coming? What was already there?

And yet, they stayed.

But I understand now, because I’m not young anymore. It is easier to leave when you have your whole life ahead of you; the friends you’ve yet to make, the family you haven’t got, the ties to a place and people that haven’t yet established themselves but which make it very hard to leave once they do.

It is daunting to begin life from scratch when half your life is already in the rearview mirror. When everything you know – and love – is here.

And so you stay.

I get it now.

And there is something more this time. Or rather, less. Because where to go?

The people living in Germany in the early 1930s – or the Russia of 20 years earlier – or the Vietnam of 40 years later – had America to go to. It wasn’t a Libertarian paradise, of course. But it was a paradise compared with the places they were fleeing.

Does such a place exist on this Earth today?

Europe isn’t worth the trip and places like Australia and New Zealand, which were as recently as 20 years ago viable options – aren’t options at all anymore. Where else?

Nowhere in the West, it seems.

Which leaves the south – Mexico, Central and South America. But they are just as bad – if not worse. Diapered and locked-down even more so than here. How about the East – the former Soviet bloc countries? There may perhaps be marginally more personal liberty, in terms of not having to wear a seatbelt in your car. But they Diaper there, too.

Perhaps it is better to defend this land. Our land. The land we have a right to, which we worked for and which isn’t theirs. And also our lives, which they have no right to. This includes our future as well as our now. Would we not defend them against ordinary thieves?

This is not to say it will be an easy fight – or a winning fight. Sometimes, it is simply necessary to fight, even if you lose. In order to live – and should it come to that, to die – as men.

So I will stay.

The very last thing I want is a fight. I desperately wish to avoid one. I want nothing more than to be left in peace. But if these creatures will not permit that then what choice is there other than to fight?

Others may do as they deem necessary. I will do as I must.

Let them come, if it must come to that. I am at peace – and ready.

So be it.

They may cage or even kill me. They will not drive me off my land. No Diaper will ever efface my face. No Needle will enter my flesh.

I’m just a man. But I will not live as something less than a man, come what may.

So let them come.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty lives in the individual. It will never be eradicated.

Trump hasn't conceded, and neither will people who strive for a better future. Onwards and forwards.

I am glad that good men see the need to fight. What depresses me is the realization that a disorganized and purely defensive battle against an organized attacking force is not a way to win. It is a good way to way to get massive numbers of your side slaughtered. The right needs to get organized into effective units that can take the offensive when need be. The left is much, much more developed in this area, so much so that the right may already be at a fatal disadvantage.

For the people that think simply not complying is a sufficient way of combating the left, you need to understand the left does not tolerate noncompliance. You will be exterminated at worst and imprisoned at best. Yeah, you'll get to have your nice, isolated standoff against a superior force if you decide to "defend your rights" when they come for you. Good luck when they do it at 2:00am and you are caught unawares. There is no honor in how the left fights and they will systematically pursue their ends.

Lovers of liberty need to coordinate with those around them they can trust their life with and be ready. United we stand, divided we fall.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Liberty lives in the individual. It will never be eradicated.

Trump hasn't conceded, and neither will people who strive for a better future. Onwards and forwards.
    Liberty living nowhere else than in one's mind is as good as its nonexistence. It takes action to make it real.

And it can absolutely be eradicated by the extermination of its adherents. If there is nobody around to believe in an idea, then the idea is empty and worthless. Human history is likely filled with ideas that are dead because the cultures that supported those ideas were wiped off the face of the Earth.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 11-07-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Why Not Leave?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2020...why-not-leave/

By eric - November 7, 2020

When I was young I wondered why so many Jewish people stayed in Germany while they still had the opportunity to leave. Couldn’t they see what was coming? What was already there?

And yet, they stayed.

But I understand now, because I’m not young anymore. It is easier to leave when you have your whole life ahead of you; the friends you’ve yet to make, the family you haven’t got, the ties to a place and people that haven’t yet established themselves but which make it very hard to leave once they do.

It is daunting to begin life from scratch when half your life is already in the rearview mirror. When everything you know – and love – is here.

And so you stay.

I get it now.

And there is something more this time. Or rather, less. Because where to go?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_Islands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevis

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Liberty living nowhere else than in one's mind is as good as its nonexistence. It takes action to make it real.

And it can absolutely be eradicated by the extermination of its adherents. If there is nobody around to believe in an idea, then the idea is empty and worthless. Human history is likely filled with ideas that are dead because the cultures that supported those ideas were wiped off the face of the Earth.
    This forum is a result of action. Ron, Rand, and Massie campaigns are a result of action. This is real. If you are not satisfied with our results, take the wheel.

This forum is a result of action. Rand and Massie are a result of action. This is real. If you are not satisfied with our results, take the wheel.
    Thankfully, up to this point, it is an action that has not had to deal with a numerically superior left hellbent on imposing their worldview on others. When elected officials are openly talking about creating lists of people that comprise the other side to punish them, the nature of the tension between the two sides has appreciably changed.

My point is simple: liberty's survival is dependent on the survival of its adherents. We are no longer at a point where simply trying to win over minds is all that is going on.

Thankfully, up to this point, it is an action that has not had to deal with a numerically superior left hellbent on imposing their worldview on others. When elected officials are openly talking about creating lists of people that comprise the other side to punish them, the nature of the tension between the two sides has appreciably changed.

My point is simple: liberty's survival is dependent on the survival of its adherents. We are no longer at a point where simply trying to win over minds is all that is going on.
    I don't believe they are numerically superior. The liberty loving gun toting populace numbers in the tens of millions if not hundreds. Many minds have been won over the last decade. Better informed populace than ever before. The right and left have been lied to and they are aware of it. Corporate media optics are deceiving.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Besides, no other country would have us anyway.

Americans need not apply.

I don't believe they are numerically superior. The liberty gun toting right numbers in the tens of millions if not hundreds. Many minds have been won over the last decade. Better informed populace than ever before. The right and left have been lied to and they are aware of it. Corporate media optics are deceiving.
    Absent data indicating otherwise, they do indeed appear to be numerically superior (example: the left winning the popular vote from '08 to present). I am welcome to correction on this point. And I am very appreciative of the effort that has gone into winning over minds, this forum being notable for it. However, the left has a firm hold on the academic system that churns out ardent believers in the leftist cause in incredible numbers every year. That is the juggernaut we currently face and our reach simply is not as good as theirs. Combine it with the modern social media phenomenon that routinely censors anything right-of-center and it does not bode well.

On the "gun toting" side, the left has been arming up recently. This is part of the reason the gun market has been so damned overpriced in recent years. The reason I find this problematic (how I have come to despise this lefty buzz word that used to be otherwise innocuous) is because they are already very well organized. The right, on the other hand, shows no indication of widespread organization. For all of the benefits of individualism, it is less effective at organization than collectivism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post

americans are welcome here in Switzerland. we have one of the most libertarian political frameworks compared to other Europeans. you can easily get by speaking English. BUT:

- don't expect much understanding about anything American (history, politics, values)
    - while our government is less centralized, we face the same threats of big government, surveillance, rampant money printing, corporatism, permanent oligarchic ruling class, gun rights restrictions, fake environmentalism etc.
    - cost of living is super high. you can't survive on less than 2500 USD per month.

Absent data indicating otherwise, they do indeed appear to be numerically superior (example: the left winning the popular vote from '08 to present). I am welcome to correction on this point. And I am very appreciative of the effort that has gone into winning over minds, this forum being notable for it. However, the left has a firm hold on the academic system that churns out ardent believers in the leftist cause in incredible numbers every year. That is the juggernaut we currently face and our reach simply is not as good as theirs. Combine it with the modern social media phenomenon that routinely censors anything right-of-center and it does not bode well.

On the "gun toting" side, the left has been arming up recently. This is part of the reason the gun market has been so damned overpriced in recent years. The reason I find this problematic (how I have come to despise this lefty buzz word that used to be otherwise innocuous) is because they are already very well organized. The right, on the other hand, shows no indication of widespread organization. For all of the benefits of individualism, it is less effective at organization than collectivism.
    I don't have faith in the voting machine numbers. Re: Rally attendance

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about how well organized your plans are.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I don't believe they are numerically superior. The liberty loving gun toting populace numbers in the tens of millions if not hundreds. Many minds have been won over the last decade. Better informed populace than ever before. The right and left have been lied to and they are aware of it. Corporate media optics are deceiving.
    They're just all packed into cities. Sardines ya know

I don't have faith in the voting machine numbers. Re: Rally attendance

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about how well organized your plans are.
    Rally attendance seems more an indicator of enthusiasm for a particular individual than anything else. There is no question voter enthusiasm for Trump was much higher than for Biden. Similarly, Ron Paul had fantastic rallies but it did not translate into voting numbers.

As for planning, that is why contingency planning exists. Also, the fact plans can go awry does not mean an absence of planning is superior.

I can not bear another argument about who has the better OPSEC, HUMINT or organization...

Clearly our enemies are well organized and hold the levers of power in just about every institution in the country.

But, guess what...

I do not care.

I will not comply.

I will become ungovernable.

I have been reaching out to friends, acquaintances, online fellow patriots, folks right here have heard from me...in every case offering the same thing: if you take a similar stand and find the walls closing in, reach out and I will assist in any way I can.

Committees of Safety my brothers...make it so...today.

Everything I have written can be basically reduced to this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can not bear another argument about who has the better OPSEC, HUMINT or organization...

Clearly our enemies are well organized and hold the levers of power in just about every institution in the country.

But, guess what...

I do not care.

I will not comply.

I will become ungovernable.

I have been reaching out to friends, acquaintances, online fellow patriots, folks right here have heard from me...in every case offering the same thing: if you take a similar stand and find the walls closing in, reach out and I will assist in any way I can.

^^^^^This^^^^^
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I would have laughed at you this time last year if you told me that I would be willing to take one over the diapers and needling, but here I am.

So be it. I never thought I would make it this long anyway. Let it be me instead of all the kids out there right now. This is our $#@!ing mess. We have no honor right now.

Easy now. The Vietnam era was worse. We went thru WW I and WW II. And the worst of all was the Civil War.

Regardless, I was born here. I ain't going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post

Not enough people have travelled outside the country to recognize that truth. It's one thing to move from Wisconsin to Minnesota, entirely another to move from Wisconsin to Mali and acculturate.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

as I am unarmed,, I am not on the call list

I stay aware
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

3 Fs
    ($#@!,Fight,or hit the Fence)

I was born in this Prison.

most fence attempts are unsuccessful
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-07-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I would have laughed at you this time last year if you told me that I would be willing to take one over the diapers and needling, but here I am.

So be it. I never thought I would make it this long anyway. Let it be me instead of all the kids out there right now. This is our $#@!ing mess. We have no honor right now.
    No, we do not.

We have "lost face".

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    as I am unarmed,, I am not on the call list

I stay aware
    I mistrusted you still had my number from dealings before.

Passed to you in a rep comment

Let me know if you didn't get it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brothers and sisters, I'm usually a lurker here, but I'm going to make it a point to post more. It's obvious that the world as we know it will not be around for much longer. This brings us to a bit of a paradoxical situation. If we fold, TPTB win. But if we fight, do they win also? Is civil war and Balkanization what they want? They have been rigging elections for longer than we've been alive. Why make it so transparent this time? Some people will point out how stupid some of their conscripted useful idiots are. That is probably on purpose though.

One thing is for sure. Standing on the sidelines is going to be impossible. Putting your head in the sand and saying that I don't participate in their system won't work. My grandfather was a political prisoner for 13 years in communist Czechoslovakia. They can come and take everything from you overnight, and it doesn't matter how much you "participate in their system".

I was hoping for a few more years of status quo, because I wanted to become more self sufficient. I don't know if that's going to be possible though. This is going to be a trying time for us all. The world we're going to see is going to be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Easy now. The Vietnam era was worse. We went thru WW I and WW II. And the worst of all was the Civil War.

Regardless, I was born here. I ain't going anywhere.
    I have been asking people about this as I was just an infant so I don't know firsthand.

Was that period really worse?

It seems McGovern would have won handily in 1972 against the universally despised Nixon if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    One thing is for sure. Standing on the sidelines is going to be impossible. Putting your head in the sand and saying that I don't participate in their system won't work. My grandfather was a political prisoner for 13 years in communist Czechoslovakia. They can come and take everything from you overnight, and it doesn't matter how much you "participate in their system".
    Welcome aboard!

That is a fantastic point and one I make over and over again to the skeptics and the doubters...when this whole cluster $#@! (and by Charlie Foxtrot I mean the whole thing, the money, the debt, the fed, the surveillance state...all of it) goes sideways it will happen FAST.

Stunningly fast.

Like within 72 hours fast.

Like overnight fast.

Like 8 hours ago you were having dinner with your family and watching fooseball and now at dawn you find yourself en enfilade along your fence line, trying to hold the point against fedgov shock troops or a Jacobin mob of terrorists.

I hope your grandfather survived, please post whatever you can regarding his tribulations in the Communist Bloc.

I have been asking people about this as I was just an infant so I don't know firsthand.

Was that period really worse?

It seems McGovern would have won handily in 1972 against the universally despised Nixon if it was.

Guess it depends on your perspective. A lot more people died/were injured in riots of the past, including the 1960s. Four major US figures were assassinated in the 60s. Vietnam killed and maimed a lot of people. That's a lot to take.

I guess it's debatable on LBJ's welfare programs. Was it worse to see them introduced then, or worse to see them spiral today?

There's lots of reasons why McGovern lost. Some of them were personal, and I see A LOT of people today vote strictly based on personality.

I know what you're saying about all the garbage today, but I think it'd be worse if the internet weren't around. If not for the internet, then Trump probably loses 60-37% (Nixon's '72 margin).

If I were a betting man, then I'd say this will backfire on the communists. Biden's brain is falling apart. I don't see how he makes it four years, but I could be wrong. I certainly don't see him making it eight years. I'd guess Biden and his communist party become a one-termer. That will sink their morale, and will become an almost bizarre vindication. Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Easier said than done. Do you have any idea how long it'll take me to transport all my stuff?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I mistrusted you still had my number from dealings before.

Passed to you in a rep comment

Let me know if you didn't get it.
    I think so,, Was referring to an actual local hotline already set up. not a long distance call.

Such are current here.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast