Thread: TSA Facial Recognition Scans

Exclamation TSA Facial Recognition Scans

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...D=ansmsnnews11

Next time you’re at airport security, get ready to look straight into a camera. The TSA wants to analyze your face. The Transportation Security Administration has been quietly testing controversial facial recognition technology for passenger screening at 16 major domestic airports — from Washington to Los Angeles — and hopes to expand it across the United States as soon as next year. Kiosks with cameras are doing a job that used to be completed by humans: checking the photos on travelers’ IDs to make sure they’re not impostors. So I quizzed the TSA’s Jason Lim, who helps run the program formally known as Credential Authentication Technology with Camera (CAT-2). And I also called Albert Fox Cahn, the founder of the Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, or STOP, and one of the biggest critics of facial recognition.

I learned the TSA has put some important constraints on its use of facial recognition — but its current programs are just the beginning.

No, you don’t have to participate in facial recognition at the airport. Whether you’ll feel like you have a real choice is a separate question.

Careful when you fly.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good thing I don't plan on flying anytime soon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I can't Fly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I can't Fly.
    Nor I. Believe me, I tried when I was 8. Flapped my little arms for all they were worth. Bupkis. Very disappointing, I must say.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hey Matt!

Remember when we were saying that the heightened security would not be temporary, that the civil liberties violations would increase, and that what should have been completely unacceptable and that we shouldn't allow TSA to do at all would in time become the new normal? Those were the days