Thread: Trump Unleashes Tariffs On India, Indian Media Insults Trump And Calls Him 'Stupid'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL... tuned out at ~6:00... That dude is the Indian version of Morton Downey Jr. Get that guy a cigarette to go with his leevers

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    LOL... tuned out at ~6:00... That dude is the Indian version of Morton Downey Jr. Get that guy a cigarette to go with his leevers
    Sharp tone of opening monologue compelled me to sample it for a fraction of the 26 min vid too, didn't have patience or time to watch the whole thing. Was also surprised that he had 3-4 guys who sounded like US based neocons agreeing with him as he bashed Trump.
    I used to browse Chinese English media now and then during peak of US-China trade drama few months back, they seem like very tame people relatively.

Good, it's time we stopped letting them wage trade warfare on us.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Worldwide resistance to Trump's NWO Deep State terrorism is increasing.

China tells India: Let’s fight together against Trump’s unilateralism, protectionism

INQUIRER.net STOCK IMAGE

NEW DELHI — China says it values India’s concerns on the bilateral trade imbalance between the two Asian giants and is willing to discuss new approaches to address the issue, and has asked New Delhi to join Beijing in its fight against “unilateralism and protectionism” amidst a bruising trade war with the United States.

India for long has been pressing China to open its pharmaceutical market for Indian pharma exports to address the yawning trade deficit which last year according to Chinese figures, crossed US$ 57 billion in a $ 95.5 billion trade.

China’s new Ambassador to India Sun Weidong said: “China highly values India’s concerns on trade imbalance. But I have to point out that we have never deliberately pursued a trade surplus against India.”

China for its part, Sun said, has taken measures to increase import of rice and sugar and accelerated the process of review and approvals of Indian pharmaceuticals and agricultural goods.

He said latest figures show that China’s imports of Indian goods grew by 15 per cent and more Indian goods have found their way to the Chinese market.

India’s export of agricultural goods to China last year actually doubled, he said. “According to the statistics in the first half this year, India’s trade deficit against China is down by five per cent. So, I am convinced that with the concerted efforts the issue of trade imbalance between India and China will be gradually addressed,” he said.

“China and India have various channels for dialogue to talk about issues like trade imbalance. We are willing to discuss and find new approaches to address the trade imbalances with our Indian friends,” he said.

Sun also asked India to join China in the fight against unilateralism and protectionism, a reference to US President Donald Trump’s policy using tariffs as a weapon to assert his America first policy.

Trump kicked off a trade war with China last year by slapping 25 per cent duties on more than $ 250 billion of Chinese imports, demanding Beijing to reduce massive trade deficit which climbed to over $ 539 billion.

There has been a trade friction between India and the US on several issue. India wants foreign companies to store data locally and announced a review of the rules around e-commerce, moves that alarmed U.S. technology and financial giants.

Without directly referring to China’s current trade war with the US and India’s trade frictions with America, Sun said: “We are facing unprecedented challenge that is unseen in a century”. “We are both faced with the challenges from unilateralism and protectionism. So, we have to resolutely defend the multilateralism and economic globalization and stand against unilateralism and protectionism,” he said.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/114465...-protectionism
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

China tells India: Let’s fight together against Trump’s unilateralism, protectionism

INQUIRER.net STOCK IMAGE

NEW DELHI — China says it values India’s concerns on the bilateral trade imbalance between the two Asian giants and is willing to discuss new approaches to address the issue, and has asked New Delhi to join Beijing in its fight against “unilateralism and protectionism” amidst a bruising trade war with the United States.

India for long has been pressing China to open its pharmaceutical market for Indian pharma exports to address the yawning trade deficit which last year according to Chinese figures, crossed US$ 57 billion in a $ 95.5 billion trade.

China’s new Ambassador to India Sun Weidong said: “China highly values India’s concerns on trade imbalance. But I have to point out that we have never deliberately pursued a trade surplus against India.”

China for its part, Sun said, has taken measures to increase import of rice and sugar and accelerated the process of review and approvals of Indian pharmaceuticals and agricultural goods.

He said latest figures show that China’s imports of Indian goods grew by 15 per cent and more Indian goods have found their way to the Chinese market.

India’s export of agricultural goods to China last year actually doubled, he said. “According to the statistics in the first half this year, India’s trade deficit against China is down by five per cent. So, I am convinced that with the concerted efforts the issue of trade imbalance between India and China will be gradually addressed,” he said.

“China and India have various channels for dialogue to talk about issues like trade imbalance. We are willing to discuss and find new approaches to address the trade imbalances with our Indian friends,” he said.

Sun also asked India to join China in the fight against unilateralism and protectionism, a reference to US President Donald Trump’s policy using tariffs as a weapon to assert his America first policy.

Trump kicked off a trade war with China last year by slapping 25 per cent duties on more than $ 250 billion of Chinese imports, demanding Beijing to reduce massive trade deficit which climbed to over $ 539 billion.

There has been a trade friction between India and the US on several issue. India wants foreign companies to store data locally and announced a review of the rules around e-commerce, moves that alarmed U.S. technology and financial giants.

Without directly referring to China’s current trade war with the US and India’s trade frictions with America, Sun said: “We are facing unprecedented challenge that is unseen in a century”. “We are both faced with the challenges from unilateralism and protectionism. So, we have to resolutely defend the multilateralism and economic globalization and stand against unilateralism and protectionism,” he said.

Of course you cheer for the Communist mercantilists that have been waging unilateral trade war on us for decades.

Fortunately they are losing badly and going to collapse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

INQUIRER.net STOCK IMAGE

Of course you cheer for the Communist mercantilists that have been waging unilateral trade war on us for decades.

Fortunately they are losing badly and going to collapse.
    And you want globalist governed trade too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And you want globalist governed trade too.
    This would be in addition to BRICS* which of course includes India & China.

*Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would be in addition to BRICS* which of course includes India & China.

*Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
    And that makes global government OK by you?

Fortunately Brazil is turning its back on communism and will probably end up leaving BRICS.

You just love commie countries and want them to prop up their economies by waging unrequited trade warfare on the US, don't you?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Exclamation Nixon/Mao Communist world domination a big FAIL

And that makes global government OK by you?

Fortunately Brazil is turning its back on communism and will probably end up leaving BRICS.

You just love commie countries and want them to prop up their economies by waging unrequited trade warfare on the US, don't you?
    You Chairman Mao/Tricky Dicky, Red Republicans are on the ash heap of history, but will resist admitting defeat until the bitter end. .

You Chairman Mao/Tricky Dicky, Red Republicans are on the ash heap of history, but will resist admitting defeat until the bitter end. .

You are the China boot-licker, just like your fellow liberal, Nixon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are the China boot-licker, just like your fellow liberal, Nixon.
    China turned capitalist and so did the USSR, your commie dreams are shattered.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 07-23-2019 at 01:15 AM.

China turned capitalist, your commie dreams are shattered.

Nobody with a brain believes your ChiCom propaganda.

In addition to Nixon you have the honor of being on the same list of China sell outs as the Bushes and Clintons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm sure Trump will be able to handle attacks from the media in other countries.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Sharp tone of opening monologue compelled me to sample it for a fraction of the 26 min vid too, didn't have patience or time to watch the whole thing. Was also surprised that he had 3-4 guys who sounded like US based neocons agreeing with him as he bashed Trump.
    I used to browse Chinese English media now and then during peak of US-China trade drama few months back, they seem like very tame people relatively.
    I think this was a lot of show, really... Just like fox or msnbc, heck even trump himself for that matter.

Last time I was in India, there were some Indians who were expressing their frustration to me, about how India is being perceived globally as cheap labor, and bound to the US taskmaster. I was being told by several folks that they believed India to be the world's technological innovator - citing Satya's leadership over microslosh. Those very conversations came to mind when India was to do their moon landing. There seems to be some attempt to gin up national pride for a people who are generally pretty humble. If I had to guess, the Indians who were educated, or had work visas, in the US are the ones pushing for this national pride - like some sort of wh0re's remorse, if I could call it that.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

That's a good point, perhaps free capitalism and ratings games are impacting their media also as anchors become more popular than responsible journalist.

As for perceptions regarding India and its industry, those appear to have affected MAGA's thinking also at times and perhaps he should be bit more sensitive in future also when commenting on our close allies to avoid misunderstandings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj6HnrqJFIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGdyxwtX7gI

Related

India's media calls Trump a 'Liar', political storm over Trump's Kashmir statement

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.