Thread: Ground Report from the Values Voter Summit

Ground Report from the Values Voter Summit

I will not bore everyone with all the details but we had a good showing from the forums and of course had our traditional meetup and dinner. Ron's speech was fantastic and we made every effort to get people in front of the cameras. Ron got a tremendous reaction and one of forum members was talking with a man after the speech who was shifting his support from Cain to Paul because he said it was clear that Ron was the only true Christian running after hearing him speak.

After Ron's speech we gathered in another ballroom where Ron came down and gave a quick speech and met and had photos taken with many supporters. Tons of free stuff was handed out including signs, slims jims, stickers, dvd's, etc. So we all loaded up and will be spreading this stuff around.

The results were announced at 3 p.m. EST. We all went back in the ballroom a little early and Glenn Beck was still on the stage. One of our members left after about 3 minutes and I only lasted about two minutes longer than that. It was perhaps the most disgusting 5 minutes of my life and I am sorry I went in early.

Ron was announced the winner and we exploded. I personally did not make out any boo's but some members were saying they heard a few. Of course the obligatory "Ron Paul" chant started and a man got really angry while storming out and was screaming "You $#@!s are going to kill this country... You are going to kill us all". His Wife grabbed his arm and pulled him out.

After the cheering stopped the ballroom began to clear out. Several forum members were interviewed by varios news agencies. I was interviewed by a newspaper out of Little Rock, Arkansas and several others were interviewed by foreign papers and NPR. After all of that we all met at a local restaurant for a victory dinner and we really hope that more of you guys are there with us for Cpac.

A few observations:

This crowd was very unique and encouraging because while most of our crowds are composed of under 30's, this crowd had a LOT of middle aged and even elderly supporters (65+).

Ron looked very happy and very confident and his speech was virtually flawless.

The members of the forums who were there were all dressed nicely, were very engaging with people who were curious or who had questions, were very professional and were amazing ambassadors for the good Dr. You guys should be proud that RPF led the charge at this event.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great report, jd - wish I could have been there. And I'm glad you were there.

Thanks and +Rep!

Thanks for the report.

Feel sorry, and kind of angry at the guy who yelled that. So much for being "Christian."

Thanks for the report. I had a feeling that speech converted some, it was amazing. Love the guy stomping off because all we do is win

+rep
    Last edited by bluesc; 10-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.

awesome job to everyone who went there and was able to win this for Ron Paul!

That's really great. I wish my experience was as exciting. I left an hour and a half early. Turns out they are building a new train line so I had to take a shuttle from one stop the other and then continue on the train. 20 minute detour got me to the conference center at 9am right when Dr Paul was speaking. I had my sign out but they told me I had to throw it away. I walked around the corner and put it back in my bag. So I'm still stoked on being there and then BOOM, 50 minute line to get your ticket from the registration. Dr. Paul had already spoken before I was even 1/4 through the line.

Ron Paul supporters were behind me and in front of me in line who also missed the speech so I wasn't alone. I got my ticket, waited in another straw poll line for 20 minutes.

I got to see RP for the first time. The line to get into the room where Dr Paul was speaking was at least twice as long as the line I waited in for my ticket. We packed the room, Ron came on. It was AMAZING. He spoke a little bit. Doug Wead was there and some other people. Got a picture with Dr Paul.

I went down to the event area with all the tables set up. I walked through it rather quickly because it was all socon stuff that didn't interest me all that much. I walked up to the YAF booth and stood there for 20 minutes reading everything on the table WITH all my RP buttons on. They didn't say a single word to me from the time I first walked up to the time I left. I say "have a nice day" really loudly at the girl and she kind of grunted. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Anyways, it was an awesome day because I got to shake the future president's hand!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Glad it went so well for everyone involved. Thanks to all who went!!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Ron was announced the winner and we exploded. I personally did not make out any boo's but some members were saying they heard a few. Of course the obligatory "Ron Paul" chant started and a man got really angry while storming out and was screaming "You $#@!s are going to kill this country... You are going to kill us all". His Wife grabbed his arm and pulled him out.
    Man, I just laughed really hard at that for some reason.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Me too. What a pussywhooped pantywaist. Booga-booga!

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Beck had worked them up into a frenzy talking about black people and Muslims coming to kill them basically so the man advocating peace being announced as the winner right after Beck left the stage was not a good formula to keep the neocons from having a meltdown.
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Glenn Becks speech at VVS
    h xxp://www.therightscoop.com/full-speech-glenn-beck-at-values-voter-summit/

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    Thanks Casey! Casey was at VVS as well and saw a lot of this go down.

Thanks for the report guys! Heard RP's speech from the live feed, brought tears to my eyes. Hearing a man so brave to speak the truth.

Casey thanks for posting the Glenn Beck speech, in another forum someone posted about why we should listen to Glenn Beck, and with this I can respond with why we shouldn't listen to him, and I'll post RP's speech with that response.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    Beck had worked them up into a frenzy talking about black people and Muslims coming to kill them basically so the man advocating peace being announced as the winner right after Beck left the stage was not a good formula to keep the neocons from having a meltdown.
    OK, now I laugh! This explains that guy's reaction. The cognitive dissonance must have been epic!

All the sudden this guy has to choose between God and (his own personal perverted vision of) country, and he picked country. The reaction is pretty typical of someone who forsakes God, actually. Now it all makes sense. "God is telling you that Ron Paul has the right vision for our country and not Glenn Beck" '[spit] I choose Glenn Beck!' Betcha don't want to stand near this guy in the judgement. :-( that poor soul...

I watched Beck's full speech because I didn't have anything better to do before the straw poll results. Glen said we are in a "race war" several times. He referred to the Black Panthers, Louis Farrakhan, and the people who want to reclaim part of the US as Mexico as evidence. He was really out there. I could see MSNBC or someone picking up on his proclamations of race war to make him look really bad.

I always disliked Beck, but seeing him live cemented my opinion that he is a total pandering fraud. He pretended to cry a few times. It was really pathetic. When he started on CNN he wasn't even to the political right, was he?

Also, when the straw poll results were shown I definitely heard boos. And, the results were NOT read. The full breakdown of the straw poll results was shown on large screens like a Powerpoint slide. I am positive they would have read the results to generate some fun and suspense if Ron Paul wasn't the winner. But since Dr Paul won, they probably figured reading the results would enhance our win and possibly inflame the crowd.

There were a handful of RP supporters not dressed appropriately - the only people at the event not dressed appropriately were those RP supporters so they sortof stuck out. Not the end of the world or anything, but it was noticeable.

But overall, I think the VVS event well.
    Last edited by Tim724; 10-09-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah I heard some guy walking out of the room after the announcement saying "they don't know anything, they just showed up to vote".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GB sounded like a lunatic, no wonder Fox didn't renew his contract

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    I despise that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim724 View Post
    There were a handful of RP supporters not dressed appropriately - the only people at the event not dressed appropriately were those RP supporters so they sortof stuck out. Not the end of the world or anything, but it was noticeable.

But overall, I think the VVS event well.
    I unfortunetly agree with this. While on the hour long line to register (and thus missing Paul's speech, but eh watcha gonna do) there were a group of 4 Paul supporters sporting Rally for the Republic shirts and ripped jeans, they wouldve looked half decent on the streets of DC, but in this convention, as you said, they stuck out like a sore thumb. But still, I would say a good 95% looked presentable.

Some other observations.
    While on the aformentioned line, this older lady who was standing in front of me, very sincere and wearing a nice visible cross, turned to me and asks " is ron Paul speaking already" i tell its its 9 10 so he probably already started, and she responds " well I hope whoever was introducing him takes their time, because I really wanted to hear what he has to say" we continue talking, she has not made up her mind, but I was extremely surprised at how open minded she was. I tried to express why I supported RP using issues that would be close to her ( ie not drug war, but rather military donations, honesty, his record etc) Lucky for her after a few minutes she was pulled out of line and given tickets because her elderly husband could not stand in line much longer, so maybe she did get to see a part of Pauls speech at least.

Another good note, my friend from uni who was also at VVS decided to come with me to the Ron Paul Meet and Greet. Hes a Romney supporter, but felt inclined to take off his Mitt lapel pin before entering the room, lol. The one thing he noticed about the meet and greet was how truly varied the supporters of Ron Paul were. He said it wasnt just college students like the media makes it seem, but there were families with kids, older people, veterns from previous wars and guys who just came back from tours of duty, there were basically people from all socio-economic, racial backgrounds there supporting Paul. It was great to see, and even better to hear a non-Supporter make the same observation.

Hey, liberty is popular!
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbro2914 View Post
    I unfortunetly agree with this. While on the hour long line to register (and thus missing Paul's speech, but eh watcha gonna do) there were a group of 4 Paul supporters sporting Rally for the Republic shirts and ripped jeans, they wouldve looked half decent on the streets of DC, but in this convention, as you said, they stuck out like a sore thumb. But still, I would say a good 95% looked presentable.

Some other observations.
    While on the aformentioned line, this older lady who was standing in front of me, very sincere and wearing a nice visible cross, turned to me and asks " is ron Paul speaking already" i tell its its 9 10 so he probably already started, and she responds " well I hope whoever was introducing him takes their time, because I really wanted to hear what he has to say" we continue talking, she has not made up her mind, but I was extremely surprised at how open minded she was. I tried to express why I supported RP using issues that would be close to her ( ie not drug war, but rather military donations, honesty, his record etc) Lucky for her after a few minutes she was pulled out of line and given tickets because her elderly husband could not stand in line much longer, so maybe she did get to see a part of Pauls speech at least.

Another good note, my friend from uni who was also at VVS decided to come with me to the Ron Paul Meet and Greet. Hes a Romney supporter, but felt inclined to take off his Mitt lapel pin before entering the room, lol. The one thing he noticed about the meet and greet was how truly varied the supporters of Ron Paul were. He said it wasnt just college students like the media makes it seem, but there were families with kids, older people, veterns from previous wars and guys who just came back from tours of duty, there were basically people from all socio-economic, racial backgrounds there supporting Paul. It was great to see, and even better to hear a non-Supporter make the same observation.

Hey, liberty is popular!
    Great write up of what you saw. I agree with you on people's clothing. People were wearing jeans and RP shirts, which is okay for a rally but not what you where to a conference. It reflects poorly on other people.

I did see lots of young people, old people, black people, hispanics, babies, parents, and more. It was a great mix of people.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I forgot to mention two other encouraging things -

When I was first walking to the hotel carrying a Ron Paul 2012 lawn sign in the morning I passed two middle aged jewish guys wearing yarmulkes. I figured they wouldn't like RP due to Israel issues. They said "oh Ron Paul - god bless you."

Later at Murphy's pub, two black guys perhaps in their 40s came up to the bar who were Ron Paul supporters from the Value Voters Summit. Again, another demographic I don't usually think of us being that strong with. These were straight-laced black guys in their 40s, not younger, college types. These were the type of guys I'd picture going to church on Sundays and listening to jazz music; I believe one of them had a nice fedora type hat - but without trying to be ironic or trendy.

So, that was encouraging that we are reaching some people of diverse backgrounds outside of our usual.

So glad I went. Had the time of my life, with truly awesome people

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Good times

Got the run around from campaign officials tho re: supplies

Oops wrong thread
    Last edited by muzzled dogg; 10-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    Good times

Got the run around from campaign officials tho re: supplies
    Huh?