Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Trump's War on Russia/Syria UPDATES

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speaker Ryan has responsibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    BREAK – UK & US issue unprecedented alert against Russia “malicious cyber activity”,
    accusing Kremlin of “coordinated campaign” to exploit Internet infrastructure – routers, switches, firewalls compromised, millions of machines globally affected

The U.S. and British governments on Monday accused Russia of conducting a massive campaign to compromise computer routers and firewalls around the world — from home offices to internet service providers — for espionage and possibly sabotage purposes.The unusual public warning from the White House, U.S. agencies and Britain's National Cyber Security Center results from monitoring the threat for more than a year. It was the two countries' first such joint alert.

"We have high confidence that Russia has carried out a coordinated campaign to compromise ... routers, residential and business — the things you and I have in our home," said Rob Joyce, the White House cybersecurity coordinator.

Officials say millions of users worldwide have been targeted.

"We condemn the actions and hold the Kremlin responsible for the malicious activities," said Jeannette Manfra, the chief cybersecurity official for the Department of Homeland Security.

Rome is burning.
    I am reminded of the ending of movie "Watchmen".

If you haven't seen, spoiler alert follows.

The basic premise is a super smart guy uses an isolated, essentially "nuclear" type catastrophe to thwart a fake alien invasion with the goal of uniting humanity against a common enemy. The catch is half the population of New York is sacrificed to achieve this contrived goal of "world peace" built on a lie and innocent blood.

Certainly there are conspiracies an no doubt some powerful men who have similar clever ideas about how to initiate their "New World Order".

But just like in that clip above from the movie, you've got the main guy, you've got some other guys who hate the idea but feel they must go along, then you've got people who neither condemn nor condone, but "understand", and then you've got the real hero, Rorschach.

Rorschach is uncompromising truth. Innocents die too, but Rorschach is the saint. He is the man of God.

This false peace, this utopia the powerful men of this world think "matters", isn't really peace, it's just a fantasy. It is God who makes peace and war. Ultimately, He doesn't even care about peace and war, evil and good, in the way we generally understand. He seeks to turn men's hearts. It is more a personal matter.

People who do his will, and truly sacrifice for the cause of truth and mercy, the bible says the death of those people is very precious in His eyes.

People say "Where is God? When will He exact His justice? Doesn't He care about all this death?"

But most only say that when they witness death and injustice. When peace reigns, when they are comfortable is God generally glorified? No. They say, "We did it ourselves."

"When" God has His day of vengeance, known to people in general as "The apocalypse" which simply means "The revealing" is described quite explicitly in Revelation 6:9-11. The fifth seal is the blood of the saints. Directly following is the 6th seal "Terror" which is explicitly defined then as the first place in the "Seals/Trumpets/Vials" progression where the people of Earth become collectively spiritually "aware" that the horrible thing happening is from God.

So we know then that the "when" is defined as when the amount of saints bodies piled up equals however many God has predestined to die such a death. It doesn't have anything to do with world events so much, as it does with the Rorschachs of the world dying.

But the bible says it will come as a thief in the night. Which probably means not when everyone is "on edge" about some nuclear catastrophe. I think a Watchmen scenario is plausible only because it is stupid idea men who think they are wise and clever would dream up. Some engineered Russia/US perhaps conflagration that scares the world so bad that all of the sudden the U.N. becomes relevant, maybe a peace deal in Israel/Palestine and the whole world rejoices and has actual hope that positive change may really happen.

But somewhere unseen, the last breath of the last Christian martyr ordained for the 5th seal is taken, and then...

Revelation 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.
    Isaiah 2:19 People will flee to caves in the rocks
    and to holes in the ground
    from the fearful presence of the Lord
    and the splendor of his majesty,
    when he rises to shake the earth.
    And then....well, we sing our asses off!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
    His truth is marching on.
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    His truth is marching on.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Trump heard the criticism? According to this, he's still looking for an American exit in Syria. Bolton is asking other countries to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Trump heard the criticism? According to this, he's still looking for an American exit in Syria. Bolton is asking other countries to get involved.

Some could see he might do this all along.
    Q predicted it as well:

Apr 9 2018 12:25:58 (EST)
    Q !xowAT4Z3VQ
    ID: 28003e

Syria.
    Hold until CONF.
    MIL assets on the ground locked out of GZ.
    ISRAEL strike harmed ability to prove events.
    Clown report must be VERIFIED.
    Troop unwind to STILL occur.
    Have faith.
    Trust POTUS.
    Q
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You guys had me worried, John Bolton is on the job! Next John can find a military solution for putting socks on.

Were we ever officially "in" Syria? It was weapons, then money to train, then "advisors", then small units supporting the Kurds, then bases at Al Tanf, etc. etc.

Now, it's a victory that pussy-POTUS "may be" negotiating to get other nations to replace our contingent so POTUS feels "safe" withdrawing our "troops" that are suddenly in Syria???

Pull the $#@!ing troops out of there you coward, or shut up and own your war.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Some could see he might do this all along.
    Q predicted it as well:

Apr 9 2018 12:25:58 (EST)
    Q !xowAT4Z3VQ
    ID: 28003e

Syria.
    Hold until CONF.
    MIL assets on the ground locked out of GZ.
    ISRAEL strike harmed ability to prove events.
    Clown report must be VERIFIED.
    Troop unwind to STILL occur.
    Have faith.
    Trust POTUS.
    Q
    I hope so, you can't make this stuff up..

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Federal Judge Who Rejected Trump’s Request For a Restraining Order Over Materials Seized in FBI Raid Officiated George Soros’ Wedding
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...o-Attack-Syria
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Forget what the Syrian government or the Ruskies say.

The first Western journalist has interviewed doctors at the hospital in Douma, Syria which supposedly treated chemical weapons victims and is announcing what really happened.
    In the following 1-minute clip, award-winning journalist Robert Fisk – writer for Britain’s Independent for almost 30 years – explains that the video of victims struggling to breathe are real, but that they have nothing to do with a chemical weapons attack:

Here’s a transcript:

I’ve just been in the town of Douma. I found the clinic where the film of the children frothing at the mouth and having water thrown at them was made.
    And I spoke to the hospital doctor, who actually spoke very good English. And he told me that the video is real. But they’re not suffering from gas poisoning.
    They’re suffering from hypoxia (i.e. insufficient of oxygen) because of the amount of dust in the tunnels in which they live. All through the year people in the Douma area have been living beneath their own homes, in tunnels and basements.
    And that night there was a shelling by the Syrian army and the Russian air force. And it produced a huge amount of dust and debris in the streets. And many people found it difficult to breathe.
    And when they reached the clinic according to the doctor, someone shouted “gas” … and they panicked.
    Background here and here.
    Update: Fisk filed the following report with the Independent today:
    This is the story of a town called Douma, a ravaged, stinking place of smashed apartment blocks — and of an underground clinic whose images of suffering allowed three of the Western world’s most powerful nations to bomb Syria last week. There’s even a friendly doctor in a green coat who, when I track him down in the very same clinic, cheerfully tells me that the ‘gas’ videotape which horrified the world – despite all the doubters – is perfectly genuine.
    The same 58-year old senior Syrian doctor then adds something profoundly uncomfortable: the patients, he says, were overcome not by gas but by oxygen starvation in the rubbish-filled tunnels and basements in which they lived, on a night of wind and heavy shelling that stirred up a dust storm.

As Dr Assim Rahaibani announces this extraordinary conclusion, it is worth observing that he is by his own admission not an eye witness himself and, as he speaks good English, he refers twice to the jihadi gunmen of Jaish el-Islam [the Army of Islam] in Douma as “terrorists” – the regime’s word for their enemies, and a term used by many people across Syria.

This is not the only story in Douma. There are the many people I talked amid the ruins of the town who said they had “never believed in” gas stories – which were usually put about, they claimed, by the armed Islamist groups. These particular jihadis survived under a blizzard of shellfire by living in other’s people’s homes and in vast, wide tunnels with underground roads carved through the living rock by prisoners with pick-axes on three levels beneath the town.
    I walked across this town quite freely yesterday without soldier, policeman or minder to haunt my footsteps, just two Syrian friends, a camera and a notebook.
    It was a short walk to Dr Rahaibani. From the door of his subterranean clinic – “Point 200,” it is called, in the weird geology of this partly-underground city – is a corridor leading downhill where he showed me his lowly hospital and the few beds where a small girl was crying as nurses treated a cut above her eye.
    “I was with my family in the basement of my home three hundred metres from here on the night but all the doctors know what happened. There was a lot of shelling [by government forces] and aircraft were always over Douma at night — but on this night, there was wind and huge dust clouds began to come into the basements and cellars where people lived. People began to arrive here suffering from hypoxia, oxygen loss. Then someone at the door, a ‘White Helmet’, shouted ‘Gas!”, and a panic began. People started throwing water over each other. Yes, the video was filmed here, it is genuine, but what you see are people suffering from hypoxia – not gas poisoning.”
    Update 2:
    American reporter Pearson Sharp says the same thing, that none of the local residents heard anything about a chemical weapons attack, and the locals said that the Islamic terrorists faked the attack in order to create enough chaos and confusion that they could slip out of town:

This would appear to confirm what the former British ambassador to Syria says.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...eapons-victims

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The first Western journalist has interviewed doctors at the hospital in Douma, Syria which supposedly treated chemical weapons victims and is announcing what really happened.
    In the following 1-minute clip, award-winning journalist Robert Fisk – writer for Britain’s Independent for almost 30 years – explains that the video of victims struggling to breathe are real, but that they have nothing to do with a chemical weapons attack:

Here’s a transcript:
    I’ve just been in the town of Douma. I found the clinic where the film of the children frothing at the mouth and having water thrown at them was made.
    And I spoke to the hospital doctor, who actually spoke very good English. And he told me that the video is real. But they’re not suffering from gas poisoning.
    They’re suffering from hypoxia (i.e. insufficient of oxygen) because of the amount of dust in the tunnels in which they live. All through the year people in the Douma area have been living beneath their own homes, in tunnels and basements.
    And that night there was a shelling by the Syrian army and the Russian air force. And it produced a huge amount of dust and debris in the streets. And many people found it difficult to breathe.
    And when they reached the clinic according to the doctor, someone shouted “gas” … and they panicked.
    Background here and here.
    Update: Fisk filed the following report with the Independent today:
    This is the story of a town called Douma, a ravaged, stinking place of smashed apartment blocks — and of an underground clinic whose images of suffering allowed three of the Western world’s most powerful nations to bomb Syria last week. There’s even a friendly doctor in a green coat who, when I track him down in the very same clinic, cheerfully tells me that the ‘gas’ videotape which horrified the world – despite all the doubters – is perfectly genuine.
    The same 58-year old senior Syrian doctor then adds something profoundly uncomfortable: the patients, he says, were overcome not by gas but by oxygen starvation in the rubbish-filled tunnels and basements in which they lived, on a night of wind and heavy shelling that stirred up a dust storm.

As Dr Assim Rahaibani announces this extraordinary conclusion, it is worth observing that he is by his own admission not an eye witness himself and, as he speaks good English, he refers twice to the jihadi gunmen of Jaish el-Islam [the Army of Islam] in Douma as “terrorists” – the regime’s word for their enemies, and a term used by many people across Syria.

This is not the only story in Douma. There are the many people I talked amid the ruins of the town who said they had “never believed in” gas stories – which were usually put about, they claimed, by the armed Islamist groups. These particular jihadis survived under a blizzard of shellfire by living in other’s people’s homes and in vast, wide tunnels with underground roads carved through the living rock by prisoners with pick-axes on three levels beneath the town.
    I walked across this town quite freely yesterday without soldier, policeman or minder to haunt my footsteps, just two Syrian friends, a camera and a notebook.
    It was a short walk to Dr Rahaibani. From the door of his subterranean clinic – “Point 200,” it is called, in the weird geology of this partly-underground city – is a corridor leading downhill where he showed me his lowly hospital and the few beds where a small girl was crying as nurses treated a cut above her eye.
    “I was with my family in the basement of my home three hundred metres from here on the night but all the doctors know what happened. There was a lot of shelling [by government forces] and aircraft were always over Douma at night — but on this night, there was wind and huge dust clouds began to come into the basements and cellars where people lived. People began to arrive here suffering from hypoxia, oxygen loss. Then someone at the door, a ‘White Helmet’, shouted ‘Gas!”, and a panic began. People started throwing water over each other. Yes, the video was filmed here, it is genuine, but what you see are people suffering from hypoxia – not gas poisoning.”
    Update 2:
    American reporter Pearson Sharp says the same thing, that none of the local residents heard anything about a chemical weapons attack, and the locals said that the Islamic terrorists faked the attack in order to create enough chaos and confusion that they could slip out of town:

This would appear to confirm what the former British ambassador to Syria says.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...eapons-victims
    Gas denier.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Gas denier.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 04-16-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the following 1-minute clip, award-winning journalist Robert Fisk – writer for Britain’s Independent for almost 30 years – explains that the video of victims struggling to breathe are real...
    Here’s a transcript:

[INDENT] I’ve just been in the town of Douma. I found the clinic where the film of the children frothing at the mouth and having water thrown at them was made.
    And I spoke to the hospital doctor, who actually spoke very good English. And he told me that the video is real.
    Today on social media it was confirmed that the first American journalist to investigate the scene met with doctors who were first responders in the April 7th chemical attack by Bashar-Al-Assad on innocent civilians in Douma, Eastern Ghouta and it was confirmed that the videos are in fact real.

Great job following up on this RPF.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Today on social media it was confirmed that the first American journalist to investigate the scene met with doctors who were first responders in the April 7th chemical attack by Bashar-Al-Assad on innocent civilians in Douma, Eastern Ghouta and it was confirmed that the videos are in fact real.

Great job following up on this RPF.
    You have a job waiting for you in the MSM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have a job waiting for you in the MSM.
    MSM cannot be beaten by countering the mainstream narrative. Any grassroots movement has to approach from an undefended talking point if it wants to be effective in organizing. The R3volution has not learned this lesson.

"Woking" people, paying attention to the likes of QAnon, Alex Jones, etc., or any other talking head attempting to counter official narrative with truth loses the numbers game. It will never be effective because the narrative moves and changes faster than any consensus builds.

Ron Paul R3volution was successful because the narrative was underground. It was only when mainstream caught up that it fractured.

Anyway, point is, you're right. I would make a great propagandist.

Lucky for you all, I prefer the masochism of talking to walls.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    MSM cannot be beaten by countering the mainstream narrative. Any grassroots movement has to approach from an undefended talking point if it wants to be effective in organizing. The R3volution has not learned this lesson.

"Woking" people, paying attention to the likes of QAnon, Alex Jones, etc., or any other talking head attempting to counter official narrative with truth loses the numbers game. It will never be effective because the narrative moves and changes faster than any consensus builds.

Ron Paul R3volution was successful because the narrative was underground. It was only when mainstream caught up that it fractured.

Anyway, point is, you're right. I would make a great propagandist.

Lucky for you all, I prefer the masochism of talking to walls.
    I agree that taking the offensive is needed in order to win but you have to play defense as well.
    Ron made great strides by talking about the fed when nobody had ever heard of it before, we need the people on our side to find more things like that to talk about but we can't sit idly by while lies get spread either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Wall Street Journal: Trump administration wants Arab allies to send troops to Syria to replace U.S. forces
    https://www.markettamer.com/blog/the...ace-u-s-forces

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is seeking to assemble an Arab force to replace the U.S. military contingent in Syria and help stabilize the northeastern part of the country after the defeat of Islamic State, U.S. officials said.

John Bolton, President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, recently called Abbas Kamel, Egypt’s acting intelligence chief, to see if Cairo would contribute to the effort, officials said.

The initiative comes as the administration has asked Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to contribute billions of dollars to help restore northern Syria. It wants Arab nations to send troops as well, officials said.

Details about the initiative, which haven’t been previously disclosed, have emerged in the days since the U.S.-led strikes on sites associated with the Syrian regime’s chemical-weapons capabilities.

more
    U.S. Seeks Arab Force and Funding for Syria
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-see...27888?mod=mktw

==========

If Egypt.... (& no muslim brotherhood)
    this could work....
    currently receiving 'twitter support' by the pro-Assad activists...
    wait and see...
    bottomline: COME HOME
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-16-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It occured to me when Trump appointed Bolton that he would be a great fall guy for any controversial actions. The best.

Will Bolton still be in place when the next election happens? Or will he be gone and taking the blame? One thing Trump is consistent on is putting the blame elsewhere (not as good as Hillary, but close).
    The blame is both the scorpion and the frog for trusting the scorpion.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Rome is burning.
    Syria is Just Kabuki Warfare As We Sail Into Financial Armageddon
    https://russia-insider.com/en/syria-...geddon/ri23169

James Howard Kunstler
    "When this chapter of US history is finally written, it will look like a deep dive into a vat of lentil soup."

=====

7 Questions About The Syria Airstrikes That Still Aren't Being Asked
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...nt-being-asked

Last edited by goldenequity; 04-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Footage and Review (note to zippy... it's russian )

Russian bots

US Grasping At Straws In Syria
    RonPaulLibertyReport

====

Max Abrahms
    Macron on the #SyriaStrikes:
    "These strikes don't necessarily resolve anything, but I think they were important."

====

heads up... yunno

CNN Fake News Correspondent Sniffs “Chlorine-Sprayed” Backpack, Decides It’s a Chemical Weapon

how to detect Sarin...

Last edited by goldenequity; 04-17-2018 at 11:26 AM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Wall Street Journal: Trump administration wants Arab allies to send troops to Syria to replace U.S. forces
    https://www.markettamer.com/blog/the...ace-u-s-forces

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is seeking to assemble an Arab force to replace the U.S. military contingent in Syria and help stabilize the northeastern part of the country after the defeat of Islamic State, U.S. officials said.

John Bolton, President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, recently called Abbas Kamel, Egypt’s acting intelligence chief, to see if Cairo would contribute to the effort, officials said.

The initiative comes as the administration has asked Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to contribute billions of dollars to help restore northern Syria. It wants Arab nations to send troops as well, officials said.

Details about the initiative, which haven’t been previously disclosed, have emerged in the days since the U.S.-led strikes on sites associated with the Syrian regime’s chemical-weapons capabilities.

more
    U.S. Seeks Arab Force and Funding for Syria
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-see...27888?mod=mktw

==========

If Egypt.... (& no muslim brotherhood)
    this could work....
    currently receiving 'twitter support' by the pro-Assad activists...
    wait and see...
    bottomline: COME HOME
    so much for that idea...

Brasco_Aad
    Egypt to decline any request by real Donald Trump to send troops to Syria:

'The Egyptian Armed Forces r not mercenaries & cannot be leased or ordered by foreign states
    to deploy forces in a certain area.
    We support the unity of Syria & its national army'

Egypt
    Egypt to decline any request by US to send troops to Syria: former intelligence official
    http://www.egyptindependent.com/egyp...ence-official/

so much for that idea...

Brasco_Aad
    Egypt to decline any request by real Donald Trump to send troops to Syria:

'The Egyptian Armed Forces r not mercenaries & cannot be leased or ordered by foreign states
    to deploy forces in a certain area.
    We support the unity of Syria & its national army'

Egypt
    Egypt to decline any request by US to send troops to Syria: former intelligence official
    http://www.egyptindependent.com/egyp...ence-official/
    I hope we leave soon but a horrible idea just occurred to me, what if nobody else will take our place so Israel volunteers?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Update (10:30 pm ET): Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on local TV Tuesday that Saudi Arabia would consider sending troops to Syria if they were part of a coalition, per Sputnik.
    "We've proposed America to send forces of the Islamic Coalition to Syria in order to fight against terrorism," he said.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...s-troops-syria

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Q predicted it as well:
    Oh, $#@!, well if Q predicted it...
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I hope we leave soon but a horrible idea just occurred to me, what if nobody else will take our place so Israel volunteers?
    Egypt should accept, take as much territory as possible for which they can assume responsibility, and then when the U.S. leaves, they can hand it all over to SAA control and go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Egypt should accept, take as much territory as possible for which they can assume responsibility, and then when the U.S. leaves, they can hand it all over to SAA control and go back home.
    Not a bad idea but they would have to be ready to deal with imperial retaliation if they did.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not a bad idea but they would have to be ready to deal with imperial retaliation if they did.
    I suspect Russia would be interested in another friend in the ME, seems like they have interests there and may be willing to make some additional money on their air defense sales.

Update (10:30 pm ET): Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on local TV Tuesday that Saudi Arabia would consider sending troops to Syria if they were part of a coalition, per Sputnik.
    "We've proposed America to send forces of the Islamic Coalition to Syria in order to fight against terrorism," he said.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...s-troops-syria
    and do you think that is a good thing?

I find it both disturbing and not unexpected.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast