Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to announce gun control this week

"victim disarmament" cannot be stated enough times. If people here are out on social media I hope they are spreading that since it really breaks the conditioning and makes people think. Those that support further legislation including Republican voters and pro-gun people are simply not using their head since to them on the surface it all sounds good until you dig a little deeper. They hear "common sense", "mentally ill', "SSRI", yet fail to realize it may effect them or people that are no threat to anyone. Since it is coming from Trump and a Republican they feel there is no threat to 2A or their gun ownership.

They need to think about happens if they are a family member becomes a victim. Will they be flagged or as what happens to people that become victims of violent crimes they end up on SSRI's or seek therapy or see a Psychiatrist to help deal with it. The threat may even still exist but now they may no longer be able to protect themselves.

Also, what about all the mentally ill people, like someone suffering from depression or some form of anxiety that are no harm to themselves or others. Will they now refuse to seek treatment since they do not want to be denied access to their guns or have their guns confiscated. Will people prescribed anxiety, depression or had symptoms of PTSD at one time in their life no longer be able to own a gun? What about domestic violence? Someone has a false accusation 20 years ago, will that preclude them from having a gun?

The only thing that will stop the Trumps is vocal opposition from his own base.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-16-2019 at 06:23 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    So, still nothin'?

I'm probably wasting my time but I've got a couple minutes.

You can maintain your orange hero worshiping delusions if you want but most of us, being responsible, relatively well-adjusted adults have to face reality. Out here in the real world words and actions have real consequences and cause real damage affecting real people, especially if the people speaking those words and taking those actions are in positions of power. When it comes to important issues like victim disarmament it's dangerously irresponsible to play semantic games like you're doing in order to win an internet argument or maintain a personal delusion. Real people wind up getting hurt.

Face reality. It'll be good for you.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Spuds McKenzie negged me for this. I'm crushed.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Its almost as if hes is trying to lose his base. The man has been a supporter gun control for decades. Even wrote a book about wanting to ban assault weapons. Nobody should be surprised by this.
    I think he knows his base well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Make all the noise you want in opposition to gun control, I do.
    But commenting on what Trump might do before he does it and condemning him for what you imagine he might do is just dumb.
    I'll comment when I know what he says.
    He's talked vaguely about "doing something," but whatever that "something" turns out to be, it will be to the detriment of the rights of gun owners (it's certainly not going to be a loosening of gun regulations). So why wait for the details to criticize him? If AOC comes out with vague talk about "doing something" about climate change, do we need to wait for the details to start criticizing her for pushing more interventionist economic policies (which is the only thing that that "something" could be)? Of course not. So what's the difference?

O wait, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I think he knows his base well.

He's talked vaguely about "doing something," but whatever that "something" turns out to be, it will be to the detriment of the rights of gun owners (it's certainly not going to be a loosening of gun regulations). So why wait for the details to criticize him? If AOC comes out with vague talk about "doing something" about climate change, do we need to wait for the details to start criticizing her for pushing more interventionist economic policies (which is the only thing that "something" could be)? Of course not. So what's the difference?

O wait, I know...
    Commenting on what Trump might do before he does it and condemning him for what you imagine he might do is just dumb.

Trump is not consistent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    A trigger is not a gun, a scope is not a gun, a iron sight is not a gun.
    Technically only 80%+ lower receivers are guns. The barrel, stock, or grip are really just accessories you don't really need.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Commenting on what Trump might do before he does it and condemning him for what you imagine he might do is just dumb.

Trump is not consistent.
    Does this apply also when Trump makes statements that you like?

Say, about Afghanistan?

Does this apply also when Trump makes statements that you like?

Say, about Afghanistan?
    Partially, but in that case the statement is often an action itself that helps move the political momentum, just like I said about his bad statements on guns.

In this case we are waiting for Trump's statement and I have already said he should be criticized if it is bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Partially, but in that case the statement is often an action itself that helps move the political momentum, just like I said about his bad statements on guns.

In this case we are waiting for Trump's statement and I have already said he should be criticized if it is bad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You shouldn't try to juggle.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You shouldn't try to juggle.
    You should run your Trumpsplanations past a neutral editor before posting them to avoid obvious self-contradictions as highlighted above.

Sloppy work, comrade, the Boss isn't going to be happy.

Again with the "IF it is bad."

By all means explain what pissible statement on victim disarmament you think is likely or even just possible to be issued by the Trump Administration that'scanything but bad.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You should run your Trumpsplanations past a neutral editor before posting them to avoid obvious self-contradictions as highlighted above.

Sloppy work, comrade, the Boss isn't going to be happy.
    There is no contradiction, if and when Trump says something bad he should then be criticized, he hasn't released the statement yet and people are attacking nothing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    MAGA supporters might object to use of such language about a sitting First Daughter and Senior White House advisor. And to be fair, MAGA wanted to stop nepotism and them to move back to NYC:
    I do not care who she is, what else should I call someone that wishes to make people defenseless victims against violent criminals?

If he really wanted to stop nepotism he would not have made her an advisor.

There is no contradiction, if and when Trump says something bad he should then be criticized, he hasn't released the statement yet and people are attacking nothing.

Bull$#@!. People are drawing logical conclusions based upon Trump's statements and actions to this point, and quite reasonably projecting what his next likely move will be. Your insistance that they're "attacking nothing" is ridiculous.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    He might be.

When I wrote that, I was talking of the Jew's messiah, and mocking their world power, and the ability to win with a messiah.
    I now see how powerful one man can be. The Jewish Messiah may very well be Trump.
    What about this:

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    In all reality, Trump is the closest thing to a Savior America has seen since Lincoln (suck it, neo-confederates). Mostly because it never really needed saving since the Civil War.

America was doomed in 2015. Trump got a lot of people to wake up, and understand.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What about this:
    Yup. whether he is the Messiah or not, what I said about him being the savior of America is true, same with the reason as to why, which is what I stated.

Millions upon millions woke up when he won, and to what is going on in this country.

Let's review:

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I do not care who she is, what else should I call someone that wishes to make people defenseless victims against violent criminals?

If he really wanted to stop nepotism he would not have made her an advisor.
    Yea don't know why he made her an advisor. But he often listens to het advice apparently.

Let's review:
    Past statements are not the same as a statement he hasn't made yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Past statements are not the same as a statement he hasn't made yet.
    Brilliant insight, not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand though.

The bottom line is that Trump's made anti-gun statements, and you're defending him with this "wait and see" illogic.

Brilliant insight, not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand though.

The bottom line is that Trump's made anti-gun statements, and you're defending him with this "wait and see" illogic.
    He has also made strong pro-gun statements, thus the wait and see logic for commenting on what he says.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He has also made strong pro-gun statements, thus the wait and see logic for commenting on what he says.

On the one hand he has made pro-gun statements but taken no real life action of any kind in a pro-gun direction. His statements, therefore, remain mere rhetoric.

On the other hand, he has made many anti-gun statements and ALSO taken decisive real life action in an anti-gun direction (bump stock ban).

Objectively the scales weigh heavily in an anti-gun direction.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    On the one hand he has made pro-gun statements but taken no real life action of any kind in a pro-gun direction. His statements, therefore, remain mere rhetoric.

On the other hand, he has made many anti-gun statements and ALSO taken decisive real life action in an anti-gun direction (bump stock ban).

Objectively the scales weigh heavily in an anti-gun direction.
    He has taken real life action in the pro-gun direction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He has taken real life action in the pro-gun direction.

What might that be?
    Chris

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I remember when Matt Collins posted about the bumpstock ban.

Many saw it coming and rumors were floated.

Trump indicated it was coming too.

And your lot said it was just empty statements to appease gun grabbers.

And some of you said it is a stupid accessory anyways.

And one of you posted link after link to show you could still buy them.

And then you couldn’t.

And now having one (which millions of people do) can get you charged with possession of a machine gun.

Quit being a bootlicker.

Lol, that is the response to someone saying to wait for the actual content to judge it by it's merits and not your assumptions?

Last edited by eleganz; 09-17-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

It is actually not at all funny how you guys are not "freaking out" over it.

(If enough people had started "freaking out" sooner, maybe we wouldn't be in this position ...)

Whatever this upcoming proposal is announced to be, you can bet your ass that it isn't any kind of roll-back or negation of already existing gun-rights restrictions. At best, it will be some wishy-washy wiffle that will please no one and which will only serve to encourage gun-grabbers and increase momentum for yet more gun-rights restrictions. And that's the absolute best we can reasonably hope for - and that's quite bad enough (so there's really no need to even get into how much worse it could turn out to be). So why shouldn't anyone who gives a damn about gun rights be "freaking out" over it (especially given Trump's previous gun-grabby shenanigans)?

But whatever it turns out to be, I won't be the least bit surprised if the Trump apologists try to excuse, downplay and/or dismiss it out of hand, just as you are preemptively doing here. "Pretty funny," my ass ...
    Yea that is very cute.

Where is the proposal? Has it been released yet? Have you read it?

NO??? Well well well...

I will judge the proposal by it's content whenever its released, not what people are guessing at what the content might be.

You should try it out as well, its called not having a knee-jerk reaction.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lol, that is the response to someone saying to wait for the actual content to judge it by it's merits and not your assumptions?

I remember some waiting for the actual content of Julian Assange’s indictment and condescendingly asking for specifics that he was facing more than five years.

While those with a common sense level higher than a blind parrot knew that there was a secret indictment that would put him away for life.

Imagine how special I felt that I wasn’t brainwashed enough that I couldn’t see through the bull$#@!.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast