Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cop Goes Home and Enters Wrong Apartment , Shoots and Kills Occupant

Just some obversations from what I saw of the trial:

How did she become a police officer?
    She didn't even remember her training, she panicked, she didn't follow procedure, she had virtually no situational awareness, didn't even notice the bright red rug in front of the door that wasn't hers, she didn't perform CPR on him, she left him, and all she could say on the phone to 911 was "I thought it was my apartment" about what, 20 times she said that? How about asking for help on how to save the man she just shot?? How about "walk me through CPR!!"

She cried on the stand, and it all seemed to be a show. She wasn't crying for the man she killed, she was crying for herself (just my opinion, could be wrong). Funny how she didn't have one moment of tearing up when it wasn't her lawyers questioning her, about the exact same things. If it affected you that much, you would have the same type of reaction when talking about it. At least a similar reaction.

I don't care about her affair. I don't care about her social media. None of that matters.
    And lastly, that they're making this a racial thing is just ridiculous. It had nothing to do with race.

Edited to add: I think if she had done more to help the man, I think the jury would have come back with a lesser charge. The part that stuck out for me was the fact that she just didn't seem to know what to do after the fact. And she left him while he was dying. If she had rushed to his side immediately doing CPR and asking 911 for help in doing CPR or what to do to try to save him, etc. Just seems this was a huge factor (at least for me.)
    Last edited by PursuePeace; 10-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if it was ever mentioned in the trial about how the cops smeared the victim by releasing irrelevant information concerning drugs being found in his apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I wonder if it was ever mentioned in the trial about how the cops smeared the victim by releasing irrelevant information concerning drugs being found in his apartment.
    wow. hadn't heard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    wow. hadn't heard about that.

Lawyers "disgusted" by release of search warrant showing marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment
    https://www.fox4news.com/news/lawyer...eans-apartment

That's awful. He's the victim.

The inventory return yielded:
    2 fired cartridge casings
    1 laptop computer
    1 black backpack with police equipment and paperwork
    1 insulated lunch box
    1 black ballistic vest with "police" markings
    10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags
    1 metal marijuana grinder
    2 RFID keys
    2 used packages of medical aid
    Interesting, so wait, was the marijuana even his or was it Amber Guyger's?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    ... It's hard to get murder without premeditation. ...
    The legal definition of murder in Texas is different from the commonly understood layman's definition. No premeditation is required. Just an intentional act. Aiming a gun and pulling the trigger is an intentional act. Negligence or mistakes of fact (ie. circumstances) leading up to the act inform whether the act was murder, self defense, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Minimum sentencing???? Any bets?
    Not after the judge allowed her social media activities to be shown to the jury. Haven't you heard? She's wearing black, so she is already dressed for your funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sometimes verdicts represent the facts in the case. Sometimes they represent outside factors...
    She admitted on direct (during questions from her own defense lawyers) that she heard someone in the apartment before she opened the door and entered with her gun drawn and she admitted intending to kill the occupant. She sealed her own fate. The verdict was correct and represented the facts of the case.

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1179442065870086144/photo/1
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-02-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1179384027800854536/photo/1
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1176765288538238976/photo/1

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1175582240140603392/photo/1

A Step in the Right Direction

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019...-is-convicted/

By eric - October 1, 2019

Breaking – and good, for once – news!

The armed government worker who shot a man to death for the “crime” of being in his own apartment and not reacting with sufficient submissiveness when the AGW broke into his apartment has been found guilty of a criminal act.

Of murder, even!

A Texas jury did not buy the ridiculous sob story presented by Amber Guyger, the now-ex AGW, that she was justified in ventilating Botham Jean – her next door neighbor – because Jean did not respond “appropriately” to her barked orders.

Guyger claimed she was so tired the night she executed Botham that she didn’t realize she was entering his apartment and not hers. Somehow, she didn’t notice that all the furniture had been changed – probably because she had been “trained” to shoot first and think later.

Jean was understandably startled by the sudden presence of an armed and belligerent intruder in his apartment – and within seconds, was also dead. In part because of Guyer’s trigger-happiness but also because of Guyer’s indifference.

Instead of immediately rendering aid, she immediately texted her her partner to let him know she “$#@!ed up.”

Guyger attempted to excuses herself from responsibility for entering someone else’s apartment, almost immediately drawing a gun and shooting the legal resident of that apartment by gaslighting Jean – for having the gall to not go immediately supine before the presence of Guyger, one of the government’s anointed.

Her notion – and that of her legal team and of AGWs generally – is that AGWs are special, a kind of praetorian class entitled to limitless deference and to do things, even murderous things, that the rest of us may not do. The courts have even amen’d this. There is a doctrine called the “good faith” rule which grants AGWs an exemption from consequences if they claim – and it is believed – that they acted in “good faith” when they do something illegal.

Such as Hut! Hut! Hut! the wrong home, for instance.

Or obtain evidence on non-lawful pretexts; the evidence still used against the victim of the unlawful act.

Thankfully – for once – the jury didn’t buy it.

Probably in part because this AGW happened to be white and her victim happened to be black and so it fits a PC narrative about certain lives mattering. Implicit in this doctrine is that other lives don’t or not as much. This is of course both despicable as well as nonsensical.

Ask the widow of Daniel Shaver.

The issue is that our lives don’t matter. To them. The “safety” of these neurasthenic-psychotic poltroons in blue matters not only more but exclusively. This is an interesting position for “heroes” to take. Aren’t “heroes” supposed to be people who put their own safety at risk for the sake of the safety of other people?

Never mind.

The sick – and sad – part is that Guyger herself has yet to own up to her murderous act – evidence of her narcissism and even psychosis.

She broke into someone else’s home – whether she “realized” it or not – and almost immediately drew a gun on the person who who had a right to be there, while she had no right whatsoever to be there. And shot an innocent man to death in cold blood in his own home.

A person with any moral sense would not merely cry – as Guyger did on the stand – but admit she killed an innocent man and own responsibility for her actions.

AGWs like Guyger always want the Blue Discount.

This time, at least, she didn’t get it.

Unfortunately, the settlement money Jean’s family is now certain to get will not come out of Guyger’s pockets. It will come out of the pockets of Dallas taxpayers. This is itself a crime.

When something like this happens, the person responsible – Guyger, in this case – should be held personally responsible. Every cent of the settlement should come out of her pocket – or be derived from the liquidation of her assets.

And if she has no assets to liquidate, then this horrid person should be indentured to Jean’s family for however many years it takes to work of what she owes.

After she serves the 25 to life in prison she will hopefully receive first.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1179375692833869825/photo/1

hxxps://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/status/1179190120999718913/photo/1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-jean-n1061146

Sentenced to 10 years. Can be out in 5, so it's more than a cop would usually get, at least. Still, minimal.

And she got a hug from the judge, and her hair stroked by a deputy after the verdict -- how many murderers get that ?
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-02-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post

Sentenced to 10 years. Can be out in 5, so it's more than a cop would usually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    She admitted on direct (during questions from her own defense lawyers) that she heard someone in the apartment before she opened the door and entered with her gun drawn and she admitted intending to kill the occupant. She sealed her own fate. The verdict was correct and represented the facts of the case.
    I didn’t hear any details, but yeah, that would make it murder.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A Step in the Right Direction

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2019...-is-convicted/

By eric - October 1, 2019

Breaking – and good, for once – news!

The armed government worker who shot a man to death for the “crime” of being in his own apartment and not reacting with sufficient submissiveness when the AGW broke into his apartment has been found guilty of a criminal act.

Of murder, even!
    Thankfully – for once – the jury didn’t buy it.

Probably in part because this AGW happened to be white and her victim happened to be black and so it fits a PC narrative about certain lives mattering. Implicit in this doctrine is that other lives don’t or not as much. This is of course both despicable as well as nonsensical.
    Probably. We have seen enough cases of innocent white victims killed by white cops with no accountability to guess that this verdict was pushed over the edge by outside, extraneous reasons.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably. We have seen enough cases of innocent white victims killed by white cops with no accountability to guess that this verdict was pushed over the edge by outside, extraneous reasons.
    It is a shame that the outside, extraneous reasons resulted only in 10 years.

What do you think the trial would have resulted in had someone else, of the millions of people who work shifts longer than 13 hours a day regularly, went to the wrong residence and gunned down the resident?

It almost seems the verdict was kept intentionally lax due to outside, extraneous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    It is a shame that the outside, extraneous reasons resulted only in 10 years.

What do you think the trial would have resulted in had someone else, of the millions of people who work shifts longer than 13 hours a day regularly, went to the wrong residence and gunned down the resident?

It almost seems the verdict was kept intentionally lax due to outside, extraneous reasons.
    Some animals are more equal...

wow. This family is very close to God, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    wow. This family is very close to God, I would say.
    I would disown my family from the sky for some $#@! like this.

This was a touching act of kindness in a way -- but, one she didn't deserve. Unfortunately, so many people try to be "understanding" of the police, when really they need to be just as uncaring, ruthless and vindictive towards them as they are towards us. Predatory people take advantage of the kindness of others -- they see it as "weakness."

From what I saw of her testimony, the killing wasn't an "accident" that resulted from a legitimate fear for her life. She said she got to 'her' door and heard the sound of a tv on inside, and decided at that moment she was going to go in and "engage" whoever may be inside.

She probably flew into an instant rage and all rational thought flew out the window and she just had to go into cop mode and 'get it on'. A "civilian" CHL-holder most certainly would have stepped back and thought for a moment -- but being a "I can do whatever I want" cop she didn't have to do that.

She was asked if when she decided to enter she intended to kill the 'intruder' and she answered 'yes.' This was literally a hasty execution , not a "mistake of fact" or anything else.

At least the jury got the verdict right, while Philip Brailsford , another cop executioner, walks free with a $2500 pension for what he did.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-03-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Nobody deserves the kindness they get.

And yes, the family is devoutly Christian. Botham Jean went to Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. Some of the people I love most knew him and loved him. He was very involved in campus life. It was a great loss for them.

I think it was very wise for the family to offer public forgiveness because these kinds of losses can take on a life of their own. It is a good thing to be able to grieve and forgive so the loss does not hold power over the loved ones who have to continue to live their lives.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Kindness that can kill.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was a touching act of kindness in a way -- but, one she didn't deserve. Unfortunately, so many people try to be "understanding" of the police, when really they need to be just as uncaring, ruthless and vindictive towards them as they are towards us. Predatory people take advantage of the kindness of others -- they see it as "weakness."

From what I saw of her testimony, the killing wasn't an "accident" that resulted from a legitimate fear for her life. She said she got to 'her' door and heard the sound of a tv on inside, and decided at that moment she was going to go in and "engage" whoever may be inside.

She probably flew into an instant rage and all rational thought flew out the window and she just had to go into cop mode and 'get it on'. A "civilian" CHL-holder most certainly would have stepped back and thought for a moment -- but being a "I can do whatever I want" cop she didn't have to do that.

She was asked if when she decided to enter she intended to kill the 'intruder' and she answered 'yes.' This was literally a hasty execution , not a "mistake of fact" or anything else.

At least the jury got the verdict right, while Philip Brailsford , another cop executioner, walks free with a $2500 pension for what he did.
    +rep as well.

Disappointed that she only got 10 years. Had the situation been reversed it would have been a lifetime imprisonment.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sentenced to 10 years. Can be out in 5, so it's more than a cop would usually get, at least. Still, minimal.

And she got a hug from the judge, and her hair stroked by a deputy after the verdict -- how many murderers get that ?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

hxxps://twitter.com/MeritLaw/status/1180604548596916224/photo/1

You know, honestly that thing with the judge giving her a hug and all that, I don't think it was because she was a cop.
    I believe it was because the judge went over and talked to Botham's family and after talking to them she went in the back and brought out a bible for Amber and gave her verses to study. I think it was the actions of Botham's brother that kind of set all of that into motion. Kind of a "Holy Spirit moment" so to speak.

I know some or most here will disagree with me, but that's just what it seems like to me.
    and I really don't think I'm wrong.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast