Thread: The First Honest Cable Company | Net Neutrality (Video)

The First Honest Cable Company | Net Neutrality (Video)

Data Security because what happens when your ISP decides to say "give us more money to visit RonPaulForums.com"?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wasnt' Google and Facebook already hiding and blocking stuff under the Obama administration Net Neutrality laws?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

So I admit I'm pretty ignorant of the whole thing. I lean towards the evidence that the internet did just fine before the regulation went into place and it's only been enacted for two years and it seems like things are the same or a bit worse with blocking content.

This video purports that companies will restrict speeds and offer varying ones. Why should I believe this is not scaremongering?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Content was restricted even under NN. Now you need to contact the FTC instead of the FCC.

I don't mind their being a free public internet I wish it were free. It seems like it should be free to all. Surely this is all about money and speed of the internet.

The regulation is what makes it cost something. From what I understand other countries such as Russia and China have a faster and free internet. I would not doubt that they have stricter controls on what content they can view. But it is still faster. We in USA can see more content but our speeds are slowed down. Why can't we have both speed and freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't mind their being a free public internet I wish it were free. It seems like it should be free to all. Surely this is all about money and speed of the internet.

The regulation is what makes it cost something. From what I understand other countries such as Russia and China have a faster and free internet. I would not doubt that they have stricter controls on what content they can view. But it is still faster. We in USA can see more content but our speeds are slowed down. Why can't we have both speed and freedom?
    Who do you suppose will run the lines, servers, etc. for free?

I agree, internet is a basic human right
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Anyone ever wonder why this is even a debate? Anyone ever wonder what happened to myspace, and AOL?

Government has given favor to certain providers, eliminating competition. Its one of the finest examples of corporatism. If people want a fair web, then get government out of the communication regulation business. When comcast and verizon have some competition, we'll begin to see improvements in prices/service/innovation/etc...

When your recipe fails because you've added too much government, you cant save it by adding more government. This whole argument reminds me of the occupy wall streeters - wake up people.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I It seems like it should be free to all.

Funny, most utilities are metered.

I wonder who pays for the lines and servers in China and Russia? Probably the people I would imagine. We pay for these things as well. Things are getting just too complicated for me. I lived for many years without the internet or a cell phone. I don't think my life has gotten any better since they have been around. If things get too expensive or weird I guess people might start reading real books and news papers and sending letters to people in far away places again.

If it gets too expensive certain people will stop buying it altogether then how will google and amazon be able to collect their data?

I suppose I could continue doing so if the cost goes up so much that I refuse to pay it. I did help to set up one of the first telephone modems between two large computers in the 70's it was very interesting work and paid very well for the times.

I suppose I could continue doing so if the cost goes up so much that I refuse to pay it. I did help to set up one of the first telephone modems between two large computers in the 70's it was very interesting work and paid very well for the times.
    You didn't do that for free, did you.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You didn't do that for free, did you.
    I think if I had totally understood what I was doing at the time I might have wanted to do some volunteer work for the cause or, I may have not wanted to be a part of it if I had known what it was going to turn into. I am not even really sure who I was working for at the time I thought I was working for a textile company but I have never been able to find any information on them. I believed what I was told about what I was doing and the pay was good. I was young and broke and did not know any better. I tell ya I am glad that the area I am in does not have any cell towers. The frequencies of wifi really make me feel ill and I try to avoid them at all cost cell phones as well. My dogs don't like wifi either my male acts like he hurts when he get around it.

But I can live without the internet and if it becomes too expensive for my budget I will stop using it. I have had several financial crises that caused me to have to give up the internet.
    I find I am spending less time on the internet it is becoming very boring to me. I check my email every couple of days and come here and read and reply and watch a few youtubes here and there. I work a lot and come home very tired, too tired to spend much time on it. I have a land line phone if I want to talk to someone.

I wonder who pays for the lines and servers in China and Russia? Probably the people I would imagine. We pay for these things as well. Things are getting just too complicated for me. I lived for many years without the internet or a cell phone. I don't think my life has gotten any better since they have been around. If things get too expensive or weird I guess people might start reading real books and news papers and sending letters to people in far away places again.

If it gets too expensive certain people will stop buying it altogether then how will google and amazon be able to collect their data?

Books and newspapers are free. The news provided from papers is never biased.

Yes. Free $#@!. The true purpose of government. Giving me more free $#@!. And it better be the BEST free $#@!!

Honestly, these people have no concept of freedom whatsoever. To them, the government is just a tool to get them things that they would have had to pay for themselves. $#@! 'em all!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Books and newspapers are free. The news provided from papers is never biased.
    I am sure it is biased. I am thinking I will just start reading the Bible and all things spiritual if I give up the internet. I will focus more on my gardening and my grandchildren and my friends and neighbors.

I believe net neutrality did something to the internet and I am glad it is gone for sure but it seems like the damage has been done and getting rid of it will have not consequences that will make my surfing any better. If it raises the cost and limits where I can go if I don't pay for it I will likely give it up. If getting rid of net neutrality makes the internet cheaper and faster I will keep it.

Okay, so next big problem is the FCC "has jurisdiction" over what happens in the US, but not the whole world. So in general, how did / does Net Neutrality work for NON US based ISPs, websites and content providers?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.