Thread: Delta 8&9 CBD

Delta 8&9 CBD

I haven't smoked pot for quite some time but the other day I decided that I would like just the smell of reefer and decided to go to a CBD shop to find something to smoke. I bought a single sativa strain delta 8 stick and came home to take a couple of hits to see what would happen.

I did get a mild buzz which was almost okay but what is really disappointing is the after taste. I have brushed my teeth several times since I smoked it and I still have this yucky taste in my mouth. I tried to find out what it is. All sites promoting delta 8&9 say it is all natural so what is this after taste about?

Does anyone here smoke this stuff? I miss the good old days when you could just buy some premo Mexican pot on the street and catch a decent buzz. They keep saying modern day pot is much stronger. I have tried some of the legal stuff from a few different states a few years ago and was pretty much unimpressed. It pretty much just gave me a mild short lasting buzz and left me sleepy and hungry. WTF bring back the real black market...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The new weed can easily be 30% thc. Way to strong for me. The breeding for decades has been selecting for high thc (drug war result) and large yields and flavor (terpene content).

I suspect with legalization there will be a trend toward breeding lower thc strains while preserving the flavor and yield outputs people are accustomed to.

I have 35% orange 43

It is no stronger then the absolute dog crap I smoked when I was in my early twenties it's just better quality and you don't have to use as much and may generally taste better but once you have a tolerance to say goodbye to the fun Factor
    There's a sameness to the medical program that I really can't explain but it's not thrilling
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

This thread is right up @dannnos alley.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I haven't smoked pot for quite some time but the other day I decided that I would like just the smell of reefer and decided to go to a CBD shop to find something to smoke. I bought a single sativa strain delta 8 stick and came home to take a couple of hits to see what would happen.

I did get a mild buzz which was almost okay but what is really disappointing is the after taste. I have brushed my teeth several times since I smoked it and I still have this yucky taste in my mouth. I tried to find out what it is. All sites promoting delta 8&9 say it is all natural so what is this after taste about?

Does anyone here smoke this stuff? I miss the good old days when you could just buy some premo Mexican pot on the street and catch a decent buzz. They keep saying modern day pot is much stronger. I have tried some of the legal stuff from a few different states a few years ago and was pretty much unimpressed. It pretty much just gave me a mild short lasting buzz and left me sleepy and hungry. WTF bring back the real black market...
    There are over a half dozen shops in my area.. I have a Favorite...
    He keeps a wide variety in stock,, and has an excellent 'budget" selection as well as high end gourmet strains.

I had found that strains with measurable CBD content (even minimal) helped with pain relief.

Sometimes I just add a bit of Pure CBD into my mix..

if you were nearby,,You would find that my dugout is 1 hit $#@!. and I still recommenced 3.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A CBD shop? Usually they just sell CBD products, that won't get you very high at all, does it have the %'s of delta 8 and 9 listed? I presume cannabis is fully legal in your state?

If you are looking for something that doesn't just make you just feel tired like the stuff you tried before, look for a hybrid or a sativa dominant hybrid. Blue dream is popular, but doesn't do much for me, you may be disappointed. "Cookies" strains can also be a little over-rated imo, but sometimes are ok. A kush hybrid, maybe crossed with some type of "sour" or "diesel" tends to work quite well.. but there are so many crosses and new strains all the time.

If it is really good, you should be able to use one finger and press down slightly on a nug, and it will stick to your finger and you can pick it up, wiggle your finger around a little and it should stay stuck. It should be covered in white crystals.

It should taste quite good, but if the smokey after taste is still off putting, consider trying concentrates. I haven't actually "smoked" anything in months. I vaporize live resin, sometimes called "sauce", but anything that is a live resin concentrate should be pretty good. You can get it in cartridges, but the taste won't be that amazing compared to what you can get buying a gram of pure live resin and a dab rig. Both the cartridge or the live resin should be light in color.

Cartridge:

Very good:

Very good:

Good, but the larger rocks need to be crushed into the sauce unless you're a crazy person:

Not too good, not made from fresh plant.. dark brown means THC has started to degrade, but if it's all I had I would be ok with it:

To get the best flavor out of these live resins, you need a rig - which is like a small water bong - but instead of a bowl it has a banger, usually made from high quality quartz. The banger is heated with either an electrical heating element or a butane torch (from the outside), which will also clean it (however you will want to clean the inside of the banger in between with a q tip and rubbing alcohol, especially before torching it - this will help prevent it from getting "chazzed"). Then you take a dabbing tool, get a very small amount of live resin sauce on there, and when the banger is heated to about 500 degrees you put the dab into the banger and take your hit. If it is too hot, it will hurt your throat. If it is too cool, it will not create much vapor and it won't hit you very hard. If you are torching, it's a matter of feel. Heating the banger thoroughly, then waiting about 25-45 seconds depending on several variables, then hold the bottom of your wrist about an inch above the banger. If it's too hot you won't be able to hold your wrist there, it is ready about the time you can hold it there for a few seconds and just feel the heat, but no burning sensations on your wrist.

Back to the green buds, another issue is outdoor vs. indoor. Now that cannabis is legal, there are giant outdoor farms and greenhouses. Back when it was questionably legal and mostly medicinal, a lot of it was grown indoors because it was out of site. Or it was grown in the emerald triangle region of northern california where it is very conducive to growing good bud, and the growers really knew what they were doing from having decades of experience. Unfortunately the police enforcement was strong in that area for some time, and no doubt a lot of very knowledgeable people got locked up over it.

There is no question that you can get stronger bud from an indoor grow because you can use artificial light, increase the wattage to be as brighter than the sun for a longer period of time. You can also vary the light spectrum to imitate different parts of the season for different parts of the grow cycle. "Blue" or white light for the growing cycle, and orange/red light for the flowering cycle. However, some people find they prefer an extremely well grown outdoor bud, which can be done in the right conditions and be almost as good as some of the really good indoor. But there is still a large discrepancy with a lot of the bud I see out there with all the outdoor now, between what was widely available 10-15 years ago in my area with all the indoor growing. However you can also expect to pay a bit more for indoor, you probably won't be able to get great indoor bud for less than $50-$60 for 1/8th oz. Even then, just because you pay that much doesn't mean it's going to be great. Decent outdoor can be had for $30 for 1/8th oz, but I find it is usually not really up to par with the really good indoor bud I used to get.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-15-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://longviewkelsomarijuana.com/

Sativa for daytime,, awakish activities..
    Indica for lounging , evening relaxing..

I can get an Oz of shake for $25 after the "don't phuck with me" Tax.
    $6 for the Concentrates I mix in..(70+%thc)
    and $12 for an 1/8th of good Bud..

all mixed in a one hitter. Or my Bong.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    The new weed can easily be 30% thc. Way to strong for me. The breeding for decades has been selecting for high thc (drug war result) and large yields and flavor (terpene content).

I suspect with legalization there will be a trend toward breeding lower thc strains while preserving the flavor and yield outputs people are accustomed to.
    I see High end 30%.. and only buy that as a treat.

I get good shake that is 20-22% and Poor Mans Pot (good buds) 24-28%

Concentrates in the 70-80 % range..

That is what I smoke as a mix,, what's in your pocket?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also,, for other smoking needs,, plug another business. One is local but they are a chain now.

https://www.mjhog.com/
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Around where I live the street dealers are selling out of state legal rec pot. @Gunny Freedom was a state rep for my state and he fought hard to legalize pot. Which I really appreciate his effort.
    I just want some pot that is not GMO or hybrid has Mexico stopped growing pot? I think clone pot and legalization has ruined pot...

I just want some pot that is not GMO or hybrid has Mexico stopped growing pot? I think clone pot and legalization has ruined pot...
    There is no such thing as GMO cannabis that I'm aware of, although they may be working on some for disease resistance or something. There is nothing wrong with hybrids, that is just crossing a male plant of one strain with a female plant of another strain. That is completely natural. Cannabis is classified into sativas, indicas and crosses of sativas and indicas which are hybrids. You are going to probably prefer something that is a sativa dominant hybrid, or you may find you like middle of the road hybrids. Acupulco gold is a sativa strain that was grown in Mexico back in the day. Indicas are more narcotic, but a hybrid may have more of the effects of a sativa with the strength of an indica. Others are more balanced. Part of the fun is finding strains that you prefer. Start by buying smaller quantities, then if you like something in particular you can buy more. A lot of people like kush strains, which can be classified as indica, but many people believe it should be classified separately from both. Kush strains are especially great for crossing with other strains.

Cannabis grown in Mexico is usually really, really bad. This isn't the 70s. I had really good cannabis from Mexico one time, it is extremely rare. It still had seeds, and still may have been sprayed with some nasty stuff possibly, but it was quite good. That was almost 20 years ago. I only had cannabis from mexico a few handfuls of times.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-15-2021 at 11:12 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I only had cannabis from mexico a few handfuls of times.
    In my youth there were three kinds..Mexican,Jamaican,and Colombian.. More exotic strains in the Army..

Glad to say there are some excellent growers in this area..

can't wait for Nationwide Competition to bring the cream to the surface.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Around where I live the street dealers are selling out of state legal rec pot. @Gunny Freedom was a state rep for my state and he fought hard to legalize pot. Which I really appreciate his effort.
    In Washington State there were independent Labs certifying Organic Foods..Testing for contaminants etc..Before Cannabis was legal..

They Test Pot,,and it it printed on the packaging,,, THC content and any fertilizers or pesticides used.

And I like some of the growers business, and product.. Plug for "Hi Guys" (working mans weed)
    https://www.cowlitzcountycannabis.com/hi-guys/

https://www.wikileaf.com/brand/hi-guys/

I try to be an Informed Consumer.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-16-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    In my youth there were three kinds..Mexican,Jamaican,and Colombian.. More exotic strains in the Army..
    Ya I would have loved to be able to try some thai stix the coast guard was bringing back.

Mexican herb was largely for the poorer city folk in the 90s/2000s. It was much cheaper, but had seeds and tasted funny. It usually wasn't too bad though, in terms of potency. It seemed to be better rolled in joints.

If you don't have the right connections, you can still buy herb today that is fairly expensive, and may be seedless and cleaner, but not really any better in terms of potency.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-16-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Ya I would have loved to be able to try some thai stix the coast guard was bringing back.

Mexican herb was largely for the poorer city folk in the 90s/2000s. It was much cheaper, but had seeds and tasted funny.
    You have obviously never smoked Sea Weed,, or bilge soaked Jamaican,,,

Effective, but lacking flavors. (or gaining some)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post

Quote Originally Posted by linkey083 View Post
    Yea, I think so too, it would be so nice. Many strains are too strong for me too
    The reason the stronger herb tastes so much better is because you are smoking less green plant material and more of the actual oils and terpenes in the plant.

If you like to smoke herb because you like to smoke - i.e. you like to smoke an entire joint, or take 5 or 10 hits off a pipe, then getting a less potent flower is the correct answer.

However, another method would be to simply smoke less. You can load up a water bong with a small 1 hit bowl as big or as little as you want, it won't be too strong then.

I vaporize concentrates that are around 80% THC. The taste is great, there is no smoke and no unnecessary plant material ingested. But I can take a small dab that is equivalent to one or two hits off of a joint. I could choose to take a very large hit that would be equivalent to smoking an entire joint of high potency cannabis, but I typically choose not to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sam is the breeder of the famous Skunk#1 and used the original haze to to make Skunk#1. The Original haze, as noted, will give you variation in plants. This is a good thing. Just plant them close together, they will produce seeds as long as there is at least one male and one female plant. Save the seeds from the buds you liked the best and repeat the process.

https://agseedco.com/collections/tod.../original-haze
    Original Haze was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz Mountains by a gentleman named G.

G exchanged seeds with Skunkman Sam who saved the variety and turned the world onto Haze.

I begot the variety directly from Skunkman Sam and they are the original 3 way Colombian Haze that was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz mountains by Sam's neighbor "G". Sam kept them through IBL breeding since the 70's to preserve the variety.

This variety contains no Afghan/Indica, it is unlike most everything in modern cannabis.

Please note: Original Haze is an amazing variety that is best used for breeding. You will no doubt find some wonderful examples of Haze, but do note that there is a lot of variation in the variety and that is what makes it such a great plant to breed with.

You can read more about Original Haze here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

The reason the stronger herb tastes so much better is because you are smoking less green plant material and more of the actual oils and terpenes in the plant.

If you like to smoke herb because you like to smoke - i.e. you like to smoke an entire joint, or take 5 or 10 hits off a pipe, then getting a less potent flower is the correct answer.

However, another method would be to simply smoke less. You can load up a water bong with a small 1 hit bowl as big or as little as you want, it won't be too strong then.

I vaporize concentrates that are around 80% THC. The taste is great, there is no smoke and no unnecessary plant material ingested. But I can take a small dab that is equivalent to one or two hits off of a joint. I could choose to take a very large hit that would be equivalent to smoking an entire joint of high potency cannabis, but I typically choose not to.
    When I was young in the 60s-70's I used to smoke several joints a day an stayed pretty zonked most of the time. Then suddenly I decided I wanted to see how much it actually took to get a nice buzz going. I greatly reduced the amount I smoked and would just take at the most 3 hits. If I did not feel high within 20 minutes I would not buy. Soon I wanted to be able to only smoke pot that I could take one hit of and get a nice buzz. Then the medical industry started doing drug testing and I quit for a pretty good while. After my son was born I did not want to have any pot in the house ever. His dad an I worked it out for him to move with in with his dad when he turned 15, after that I stopped working in main stream medicine and went to alternative practices i was completely fed up with main stream medical by then and knew it was an up hill battle for me. I still did not smoke when I was working or had early appointments the next day.I mostly only smoked when I was off the next day. Anyway I started noticing that pot quality was going way down and the cost was going way up so since then I have very much limited my pot smoking because of the cost being up way too much. Anything that hurts my wallet is going to have to be dammed good for me to consider buying it no matter what it is.

I miss being able to get some pot and be able to take a hit and get a good buzz. To me that means I don't get sleepy and hungry or cough when I smoke. I want to paint and play music, dig in the garden and, conduct my experiments. I want to smoke pot that enhances these activities. I can do these things without pot but, pot like I like to smoke ain't in my realm. And nobody has been able to tell me why Delta 8 has such a bad after taste.

I miss being able to get some pot and be able to take a hit and get a good buzz. To me that means I don't get sleepy and hungry or cough when I smoke. I want to paint and play music, dig in the garden and, conduct my experiments. I want to smoke pot that enhances these activities. I can do these things without pot but, pot like I like to smoke ain't in my realm. And nobody has been able to tell me why Delta 8 has such a bad after taste.
    A nice Sativa would suit you..or a Dominant Hybrid .. (AK47 is a nice mix)
    https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-str...t-hybrid/ak-47

I blend mine.. for economy and potency. My dugout is "One Hit".. and Sativa for Daytime.

But I do keep Indica for evenings and bedtime.. it has the 'couch lock" effect.

As to the taste,,not sure but it could be that it is a Derivative,, and not the whole plant. or the plant has been grown with that flavor.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-17-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Just another question in this thread is what will I feel, if anything, from a delta8 gummy? My neighbor was just recommending this last night for some back pain. Will I get a buzz and what kind/how much?
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar
    A nice Sativa would suit you..or a Dominant Hybrid

I am sativa all the way no hybrids for me.

I am sativa all the way no hybrids for me.
    I like some good Hybrids.. But check out Durban Poison.. Pure Sativa.. and a base strain for many Hybrids.

https://potguide.com/strain-profiles/durban-poison/
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Just another question in this thread is what will I feel, if anything, from a delta8 gummy? My neighbor was just recommending this last night for some back pain. Will I get a buzz and what kind/how much?
    Not sure of,, Edibles are slower acting from my experience.. and this "Delta8" stuff is a Derivative,, sold as a "Legal Replacement" for THC.

The CBD Components are useful themselves,,with no high at all,, though some use it for calming stress..
    I add some to my mix..for increased content and effect..

My Wife has been using the CBD Cream for pain relief.. (knees)

And I am fine functioning under the affects of THC.
    I am a Whole Plant advocate.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar
    The CBD Components are useful themselves,,with no high at all,, though some use it for calming stress..
    I add some to my mix..for increased content and effect..
    There is a slight buzz with delta 8 and 9 IMO. It is not as intense as real marijuana. The reason I purchased a stick was to see what it felt like and how much I would have to smoke to feel a buzz. Initially I too 3 hits off the stick and could feel a mild head buzz. But, again it is not like smoking pot. I expect a good sativa would have me blasted most of the day if I took 3 hits.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I expect a good sativa would have me blasted most of the day if I took 3 hits.
    Half the day,, but that is not a bad thing.

by then it will be time for something with a couch lock.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom