Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amash Stands with Anti-Jewish Congresswomen, Demands Open Border in Israel for Omar and Tlaib

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    and 100 percent unamerican? ouch!!!! he became a small attack puppy for the Demoncrat Communist party
    His connections to China might have something to do with that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    His connections to China might have something to do with that.
    Justin Amash has connections to china now?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is noninterventionism?
    Telling someone, "You should eat your spinach" is not interventionism.

I'm not seeing how what he said is really any different, regardless of whether one likes or agrees with it.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Justin Amash has connections to china now?
    His family's tool company has factories there, they expanded to other places but they got their start there.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I'm not seeing how what he said is really any different, regardless of whether one likes or agrees with it.
    If Trump told another country what they should do (including vague threats) you would say the same?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    It seems like representatives of the government that will be giving a 30+ billion handout to a country should be allowed a visit from time to time.
    You'd think so.

His family's tool company has factories there, they expanded to other places but they got their start there.
    Shilling for leftist President by accusing one of the most libertarian Congressmen in history of being a Chinese agent...

...just another day on the new and improved RPF.

He should join the Democrats theyre slave owners and love to hire illegal immigrants and treat them as slaves

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Shilling for leftist President by accusing one of the most libertarian Congressmen in history of being a Chinese agent...

...just another day on the new and improved RPF.

Trump is no leftist and Amash has proven himself to be anti-American and pro-communist/globalist through his open borders stance and support for the treasonous coup.
    Amash's alliance with "the squad" is just further proof.
    You have also demonstrated similar crypto-communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He should join the Democrats theyre slave owners and love to hire illegal immigrants and treat them as slaves
    Effectively he has.
    But he needs to not admit it in order to keep fooling libertarians.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Effectively he has.
    But he needs to not admit it in order to keep fooling libertarians.
    fooling? the moment he called for impeachement I wrote him off as a traitor to the american people

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fooling? the moment he called for impeachement I wrote him off as a traitor to the american people
    You are not a fool but there are many fools, quite a few here are fooled by him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is no leftist and Amash has proven himself to be anti-American and pro-communist/globalist through his open borders stance and support for the treasonous coup.
    Amash's alliance with "the squad" is just further proof.
    You have also demonstrated similar crypto-communism.
    I am a lying leftist shill trying to destroy libertarianism
    Got it

I am a lying leftist shill trying to destroy libertarianism
    Yes, you are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Trump told another country what they should do (including vague threats) you would say the same?
    Yes, I would. Because words have meanings. I might disagree with him and criticize him harshly for saying it, but I would not accuse him of interventionism on that basis unless he actually intervened or advocated for intervention. Amash has done neither of those things in this instance.

As for your parenthetical concerning "vague threats" - I am not seeing any threats (vague or otherwise) in Amash's remark. He said, "Israel should do X, and U.S. relations with Israel will be harmed it they don't." To continue my spinach analogy, this is no more a threat than saying "You should eat your spinach, because you won't grow up strong if you don't."

But even if one insists on choosing to interpret that statement as a "threat" nonetheless, it is still not any kind of "interventionist" threat.

Being anti-Israel does not = anti-Jewish.

Many Jews are anti Israel.

Got it
    Okay open your door and Ill come over and borrow everything you own while youre out working . youre just a communist disguised as a libertarian

EM.

Congressman Amash could also be threatening them with cut off of $38 B worth of Spinach feed supply controlled by US Congress, so in a a way that can be seen as intervention in their feeding (speaking metaphorically). So it's easy to understand why many Israelis and even some America-First supporters of Israel could be offended by this Christian Congressman's statement about the Democratic Jewish State that happens to be our closest ally.

Yes, I would. Because words have meanings. I might disagree with him and criticize him harshly for saying it, but I would not accuse him of interventionism on that basis unless he actually intervened or advocated for intervention. Amash has done neither of those things in this instance.

As for your parenthetical concerning "vague threats" - I am not seeing any threats (vague or otherwise) in Amash's remark. He said, "Israel should do X, and U.S. relations with Israel will be harmed it they don't." To continue my spinach analogy, this is no more a threat than saying "You should eat your spinach, because you won't grow up strong if you don't."

But even if one insists on choosing to interpret that statement as a "threat" nonetheless, it is still not any kind of "interventionist" threat.
    the U.S. President has the ability to create internatiaonal law known as peace treaties , through ambassadors or himself . Justin Amash has no right to meet with foreign country governments or potentes.... this is not his job!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay open your door and Ill come over and borrow everything you own while youre out working . youre just a communist disguised as a libertarian
    You need to review an English dictionary and learn the meanings of the words you use.

You need to review an English dictionary and learn the meanings of the words you use.
    you open border daisy

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    EM.

Congressman Amash could also be threatening them with cut off of $38 B worth of Spinach feed supply controlled by US Congress, so in a a way that can be seen as intervention in their feeding (speaking metaphorically). So it's easy to understand why many Israelis and even some America-First supporters of Israel could be offended by this Christian Congressman's statement about the Democratic Jewish State that happens to be our closest ally.

Your interpretation is that he is telling them they can keep getting our money if they do as he tells them?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

the U.S. President has the ability to create internatiaonal law known as peace treaties , through ambassadors or himself . Justin Amash has no right to meet with foreign country governments or potentes.... this is not his job!
    What does that have to do with anything I said?

MK Ultra couldnt make a person this dumb. Amash what a turd
    A turd for refusing a person to visit a very old family member?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Being anti-Israel does not = anti-Jewish.

Many Jews are anti Israel.

Very true point. The thing I hate about the "we have the right to exist" argument is that it's specifically about the Israeli government. I maintain that no government has the right to exist. Jews have the right to exist, even if Israel does not. Germans have the right to exist, even if Germany crumbles. Russians have the right to exist, even if Hillary decides to nuke Russia. Why? Because they are people, and people have the right to exist regardless of race or nationality.

However, let's talk about governments. Does North Korea have the right to exist? Did Rome have a fundamental right to exist? The Hittite Empire? The Phillistines? The Akkadian Empire? Yugoslavia? I would say that, no, none of those governments had a right to exist. They all came to an end and no one cries about how Rome's rights were violated when a group of Saxons brought them down. People may lament for the Romans trapped within the city when it was under seige, but no one says that the government's rights were violated in the process.

Governments have rights to sovreignty, that's it. And since America doesn't acknowledge the sovreignty of any other country except Israel, apparently, then we certainly don't believe those governments have a right to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Right to exist (of course , we all do)
    Incorrect. They say Israel has the right to exist. Israel is the govt entity, not the people and NO Govt has a right to exist. People have such a right, not a govt.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Incorrect. They say Israel has the right to exist. Israel is the govt entity, not the people and NO Govt has a right to exist. People have such a right, not a govt.
    My internet connection was down, you make a good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12