Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson Can't Name a Single World Leader That He Respects (mod edit)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Johnson's bloopers and blunders reel has been running all day on CNN. He's getting a lot of coverage. They aren't even hiding the fact that they want Johnson out because they think he is taking votes away from Hillary.
    ABC evening news ran it as one of their lead stories today. I watch it every day usually, and have never seen them cover Gary Johnson before, except for the Aleppo thing a few weeks ago. They made sure to make him look pretty bad, and rehashed Aleppo again too. Tried to make it into some kind of disqualifying thing, for a candidate they have never covered before and never gave any shot of winning to begin with. Not that he does have a shot, but it's funny that a candidate that has no shot and was never given any shot to begin with from the media is suddenly being "disqualified" by the media.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Well, who do you trust to be prepared to do the job?
    Nobody, unfortunately. Johnson is not it. The Libertarian Party should rename itself the Loser Party. Look at the losers they keep giving us. I'm not sure what they think they are doing any more.

As for the "at least he is getting press now," that is just the dumbest remark, ever. Johnson is squandering his opportunties.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    ABC evening news ran it as one of their lead stories today. I watch it every day usually, and have never seen them cover Gary Johnson before, except for the Aleppo thing a few weeks ago. They made sure to make him look pretty bad, and rehashed Aleppo again too. Tried to make it into some kind of disqualifying thing, for a candidate they have never covered before and never gave any shot of winning to begin with. Not that he does have a shot, but it's funny that a candidate that has no shot and was never given any shot to begin with from the media is suddenly being "disqualified" by the media.
    Yeah, the original three networks and their local affiliates are probably the worst when it comes to establishment propaganda and lies.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nobody, unfortunately. Johnson is not it. The Libertarian Party should rename itself the Loser Party. Look at the losers they keep giving us. I'm not sure what they think they are doing any more.

As for the "at least he is getting press now," that is just the dumbest remark, ever. Johnson is squandering his opportunties.
    Get involved and be a delegate to the LP if you don't like it.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He panicked, he stumbled...call it what you will. I don't care. If he's pulling votes from Hillary like they say what do you care? I just don't see what the big deal is, so he had a brain fart. WTF? You've never had one?
    no he won't be president I know....I just think he does this a lot more than I would expect. Memory issues due to drug use? But really it is just my opinion and I am not making a big deal, just a post in a political forum.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Get involved and be a delegate to the LP if you don't like it.
    I will never join the Libertarian Party. They have jumped the shark and are done for.
    #NashvilleStrong

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    they use it to make their candidate look better I suppose.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

If Gary (or anybody) can get more than 5% of the general vote, the Libertarian party gets acknowledgement from many states as major party status as well as federal funds for the next cycle. But yea, stay purist and keep getting 1% for the rest of your life.
    Wow, Federal Funds! Acknowledgement from many states! Ross Perot got nearly 20% of the vote. Strom Thurmond and George Wallace both won double digit electoral votes. A third party candidate getting traction is not nearly as rare as you think. We don't need some establishment sap to "pave the way" for the mythical good candidate you expect to run in four years. If we had a good candidate, she should be running now. And if God forbid Gary Johnson does get more than 5% of the vote and government cheese starts flowing in to the LP coffers, do you really expect them to go with a true believer in four years? Weld will be the nominee in 2020 running on the Vincente Fox/Angela Merkel fusion platform.

This is the post of the day. Gary Johnson received 11 seconds of coverage on the Big Three networks during an eight month period, according to one study. He went from non-existent to disqualified without ever being seriously covered. Now that he's been "disqualified", they're happy to report on him. WTF?

Does the President of Botswana count?
    Stop believing stupid things

Hitler. George Bush. Churchill. Stalin.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I would wager to guess he just doesn't pay that much attention to world affairs. When you are advocating a peaceful foreign policy, trade with all, it's not as important to have a grasp on that type of stuff.
    Exactly I would rather have a politician with a peaceful foreign policy more concerned with affairs at home than a machiavellian interventionist that knows everything to know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Wow, Federal Funds! Acknowledgement from many states! Ross Perot got nearly 20% of the vote. Strom Thurmond and George Wallace both won double digit electoral votes. A third party candidate getting traction is not nearly as rare as you think. We don't need some establishment sap to "pave the way" for the mythical good candidate you expect to run in four years. If we had a good candidate, she should be running now. And if God forbid Gary Johnson does get more than 5% of the vote and government cheese starts flowing in to the LP coffers, do you really expect them to go with a true believer in four years? Weld will be the nominee in 2020 running on the Vincente Fox/Angela Merkel fusion platform.
    That would still be better than Clinton or Trump.

You are never going to get it all. Getting most of it is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I sometimes think the LP would be getting a lot more traction with crazy John McAfee.
    YES totally called it!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This is what is destroying the liberty movement and the LP. It is a very naive view that is counter productive to the goal of achieving individual liberty within a region.

If you instituted complete open borders in Germany it would only be a matter of time before Sharia is implemented and the choice is submit, convert or die.
    But nations and nationalism are evils opposed to liberty amirite? *sarcasm*

Great sig by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Exactly I would rather have a politician with a peaceful foreign policy more concerned with affairs at home than a machiavellian interventionist that knows everything to know about everything.
    That's a fair point, but you can't have someone who is ignorant of the world around him. We don't have some giant force field surrounding us. We can be peaceful all we want, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world will. Even if he doesn't intend to interfere, a president needs to understand the world around him in case it interferes with us.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    That's a fair point, but you can't have someone who is ignorant of the world around him. We don't have some giant force field surrounding us. We can be peaceful all we want, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world will. Even if he doesn't intend to interfere, a president needs to understand the world around him in case it interferes with us.
    yea that's true - I slowly began shifting my POV after reading more into the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are really trying to "finish him" today. On CNN, they are putting together all of his gaffs, and saying that he is disqualified.
    People are supporting him over Trump, because they think Trump doesn't know anything. People are supporting him over Clinton because they think Clinton is corrupt. Unless they can show that Johnson is corrupt, they are not helping their candidate.

Did people here seriously criticize Johnson for this?

Which foreign leader would you all have said you admired? (Aside from the Trump supporters who would reflexively say Putin)

I did say, as it happens. It's not too far upthread.

And yes, I criticize Gary Johnson for it. It's not like they gave him a quiz where he had to fill in every head of state in every country in the world. They asked him to name one world leader he respected. This is a man who wants to be President of the United States. If he can't prepare for an inteview, then how well will he do in the daily briefings? Sheesh. It's not like they asked him something he couldn't find on the internet.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post

You're literally insane if you think you're going to get the perfect candidate in any given election year and win it all because, "A third party candidate getting traction is not nearly as rare as you think" hahahahaha, who gave you that fool aid? Don't be a fool.

The only reason people are considering Johnson is because he isn't Trump or Clinton, third parties may not have this opportunity again and you're trying to be cute about Fox/Merkel jesus christ man get a grip, that was the dumbest post I've ever seen in 9 years on RPF.

Why does everyone think Ron Paul is going to come back and save the day? Its not going to happen, either get a grip on the reality of electoral success or take the backseat and let the realists drive. But hey, you can libertarian purist yourself all you want and not get jack sht with 1% stuck on repeat every four years until you keel over.
    Last edited by eleganz; 10-02-2016 at 06:47 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will never join the Libertarian Party. They have jumped the shark and are done for.

So you want to complain about the nominees the Libertarian party choose but you want to do absolutely nothing about it. Seems productive.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

So you want to complain about the nominees the Libertarian party choose but you want to do absolutely nothing about it. Seems productive.
    You think they would listen to me? Most people in the Libertatian Party are not really even libertarian. Listen to them talk about getting federal funds for Johnson. That's about as un-libertarian as it gets.
    #NashvilleStrong

You think they would listen to me? Most people in the Libertatian Party are not really even libertarian. Listen to them talk about getting federal funds for Johnson. That's about as un-libertarian as it gets.
    Its all about federal funds not about advancing libertarian policies and getting out of the wars in the middle east. Go back to Trump forums, they like stop and frisk and middle east wars over there.

Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    GOOD!

That means he has no interesting in bombing a place that has nothing to do with US defense.
    There is no spoon.

Gary says he would not go to war against foreign governments, but he does not plan to enforce a citizen's Constitutional freedoms. It's sad anyone would consider him Libertarian at all.
    #NashvilleStrong

Gary says he would not go to war against foreign governments, but he does not plan to enforce a citizen's Constitutional freedoms. It's sad anyone would consider him Libertarian at all.
    So. Sad.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast