Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Bill Clinton Is a Sexual Predator

more from Rand in Politico today:

“It’s not as if I’m bringing this up 20 years later. I was asked a direct question,” Paul said in an interview in his Senate office. “However, if I’m asked a direct question, I’ll usually answer it. And I think that one of the things that have moved forward, one of the things that was rotten about the old patriarchal system we did have, was that bosses took advantage of young women in the workplace.

“And I think Democrats tried to make Bill Clinton out [as], ‘Oh, just a guy who has a lot of affairs.’ But several of these were in the workplace.”

Paul, who a day earlier said there’s a “50-50” chance he’ll run for president himself, noted Tuesday that Bill Clinton’s past “doesn’t really apply” to Hillary Clinton, a likely Democratic presidential contender in 2016. He emphasized to POLITICO, however, that the former president remains a high-profile leader of his party, which often accuses Republicans of waging a “war on women.”

“Republicans are as pro-women’s rights as any other group out there,” he said. “If [Democrats] are going to say [otherwise], they need to explain why they defended a guy who really had his own personal war on women going on.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...on-102729.html

there were several stories on Fox and MSNBC about this yesterday...
    Last edited by jct74; 01-28-2014 at 08:06 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I just watched this again and damn this was good. This is how I heard the whole interview the second time. (Italics are the voices in his head.)

Gregory - "you're an extreme fringe"

Rand - "Awesomeness"

Gregory - uh oh... try again, "But you're like your Dad"

Rand - "Yeah, my dad is pretty figgin' cool, bro"

Gregory - Oh $#@!... Cut in, cut in... "Yeah, but tyranny?"

Rand - "yup. Aren't you paying attention?"

Gregory - dammit, he did it again... pivot, pivot! "Edward Snowden..."

Rand - cutting in... "Yeah, check yo facts, Jack"

Gregory - Oh $#@!... he's talking about Clapper. "Yeah, but your party is saying he's a spy"

Rand - "yeah, I don't know enough about it"

Gregory - Damn, nothing's working... try to damage him with women, "Talk about Huckabee"

Rand - "Women are awesome."

Gregory - F**k... ok, try Christie - "Say something stupid about Christie..."

Rand - "Yeah, we got lots of kinds of people in this party"

Gregory - He turned this into Pakistan?? $#@!. Alright... we got him now, though..."Monica card!!! Monica card!!!"

Rand - "My wife is awesome, bro. Women are awesome. Why would you defend people taking advantage of young women?"

Gregory - oh no. What did I just let him do?

Nailed it
    No - No - No - No

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More revelations of Bill's "predator" status, in case Rand wants to continue pursuing this rhetoric. The article does have a certain National Inquirer feel to it so contents should be vetted further before running with it though.

http://www.conservativeoutfitters.co...-hillarys-back

RadaOnline: As Hillary Clinton prepares to run for President in 2016, RadarOnline.com has uncovered bombshell new information that could torpedo her White House dreams: The philandering husband of the former United States Secretary of State, ex-PresidentBill Clinton, carried on a torrid year-long love affair with British supermodelElizabeth Hurley behind White House walls.

That’s the explosive revelation dropped by the man who says he arranged the secret tryst, actor Tom Sizemore.

In a blockbuster exclusive, Radar has unearthed a secret audio recording during which the Hollywood actor, who had his own three-year sexual liaison with Hurley, recounts how the famously-frisky ex-President once sent a plane to fly Hurley to Washington D.C., where he bedded her in the White House — while First Lady Hillary was in the very next room! much more at link
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Interview with Rand on this subject here.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rand-...xual-predator/

This is really starting to get the left in a tizzy! Check out the comments.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Interview with Rand on this subject here.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rand-...xual-predator/

This is really starting to get the left in a tizzy! Check out the comments.
    They are all too dumb to realize that he is doing it to wipe out the Bill arm of the Clinton machine. Bill is a fundraising, speech giving, crowd pumping master that is a huge cog in the Hillary 2016 machine. By reminding the public just who Bill Clinton, the man, really is, he makes Bill think twice about how involved he wants to be.

I hope Rand actually knows what he's doing here.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    They are all too dumb to realize that he is doing it to wipe out the Bill arm of the Clinton machine. Bill is a fundraising, speech giving, crowd pumping master that is a huge cog in the Hillary 2016 machine. By reminding the public just who Bill Clinton, the man, really is, he makes Bill think twice about how involved he wants to be.
    I seriously doubt it. Bill was re-elected the first time, and would probably win again if he could run again.

Rand needs to concentrate on issues, and there is a HUGE issue Rand could be hitting them with to spin it directly in his favor, and he isn't.

I think you are exactly right. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Bill was re-elected the first time, and would probably win again if he could run again.

Rand needs to concentrate on issues, and there is a HUGE issue Rand could be hitting them with to spin it directly in his favor, and he isn't.
    Re-elected the first time? The sexual scandals in question all came to light circa 1998 so I'm not sure what you mean.

I don't think spending a couple minutes when asked about it is distracting Rand from focussing on the issues. This is actually the right time. It's also a dog whistle for GOP donors. "Hey I'm not afraid of the Clinton machine, I'm ready to kick their ass."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Re-elected the first time? The sexual scandals in question all came to light circa 1998 so I'm not sure what you mean.

I don't think spending a couple minutes when asked about it is distracting Rand from focussing on the issues. This is actually the right time. It's also a dog whistle for GOP donors. "Hey I'm not afraid of the Clinton machine, I'm ready to kick their ass."
    The Lewinsky scandal yes, but there was Gennifer Flowers before that:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennife...te-Flo.2A.5E-2

And the fact the Republicans had Newt Gingrich run, and he would have had Rand's endorsement if he won, makes this look very trivial and stupid IMO. Focus on the issues, and use this in glancing blows at most, while addressing an issue(s). Most people don't care about this issue, because he isn't even spinning it right.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bill was Leno's #1 joke punch line in Leno's entire Tonite Show career.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-07-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Tapper on CNN covering this story right now. three guest panel on Rand vs Clintons

Hillary Papers - more of Bill's sex stuff. Rand may be leading a growing charge to go after Billary. I like it! (this is top center of Drudge btw)

http://freebeacon.com/the-hillary-papers/
    Last edited by devil21; 02-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.

I don't understand this talk from Rand. It makes no sense and will not help him win any race. Who is advising him?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Hillary Papers - more of Bill's sex stuff. Rand may be leading a growing charge to go after Billary. I like it!

http://freebeacon.com/the-hillary-papers/
    I don't like it. Rand needs to talk about the issues: jobs, taxes, health care, 2nd amendment rights, police abuse, NSA's disregard of the 4th amendment, and let's not forget the Federal Reserve that essentially has no accountability to anyone in our government. There is no need to talk about anything else other than the issues. People are tired of this crap! Rand is getting very bad advise here.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I don't like it. Rand needs to talk about the issues: jobs, taxes, health care, 2nd amendment rights, police abuse, NSA's disregard of the 4th amendment, and let's not forget the Federal Reserve that essentially has no accountability to anyone in our government. There is no need to talk about anything else other than the issues. People are tired of this crap! Rand is getting very bad advise here.
    If he talks about the issues, the Democrats demagogue him and win. Attacking and destroying the enemy is what he's doing. Putting the enemy on the defensive and under pressure causes them to crack.

I don't like it. Rand needs to talk about the issues: jobs, taxes, health care, 2nd amendment rights, police abuse, NSA's disregard of the 4th amendment, and let's not forget the Federal Reserve that essentially has no accountability to anyone in our government.
    Definitely talk about the secretive Federal Reserve! That's what 0.5% of the voters care about! It's how Ron Paul won the Presidency!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    If he talks about the issues, the Democrats demagogue him and win. Attacking and destroying the enemy is what he's doing. Putting the enemy on the defensive and under pressure causes them to crack.
    Exactly. Or the media ignores it or twists it into something else. You'd think people on this forum would have learned a thing or two about politics by now. Conservatives are tired of talking about the issues, asserting logical arguments, being on the defensive all the time and STILL losing. When do we take the gloves off? Once the FEMA camp trains start showing up?

Btw, Im pretty sure he has been talking about most of those things too to various effect.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-09-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. In a perfect fantasy world you are right of course. But in the real down and dirty world of politics, dirt and sleaze on your opponent gets you elected. Then you can fix what's wrong with the government.

With Christie and Clinton both getting skeletons aired, Rand is looking rather strong to be president lately.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. In a perfect fantasy world you are right of course. But in the real down and dirty world of politics, dirt and sleaze on your opponent gets you elected. Then you can fix what's wrong with the government.

With Christie and Clinton both getting skeletons aired, Rand is looking rather strong to be president lately.
    The only people living in a fantasy world are the ones who imagine that the moldy carcass of a tiresome old scandal like this is going to do jack $#@! to "crack" anybody.

Rand Paul Unveils New Campaign Ad ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdUyBziKXP8

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The only people living in a fantasy world are the ones who imagine that the moldy carcass of a tiresome old scandal like this is going to do jack $#@! to "crack" anybody.

Rand Paul Unveils New Campaign Ad ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdUyBziKXP8

Look at the top of drudge today.

What drudge puts on the top usually takes a day or two to make it to msm.

The Clintons are as slimy as it gets. With Hillary the presumptive nominee, she's not up against a fellow democrat so the gloves are off and her past is very relevant now. Rand is practically as pure as the driven snow in comparison to the $#@! the Clintons have pulled over the years. Played right and timely, the Clintons closet in a gold mine of opposition research.

I didn't even have to click on the link to know that what Rand said is true.

Anyone who doesn't realize that about clinton never did the research or simply didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Look at the top of drudge today.

What drudge puts on the top usually takes a day or two to make it to msm.

The Clintons are as slimy as it gets. With Hillary the presumptive nominee, she's not up against a fellow democrat so the gloves are off and her past is very relevant now. Rand is practically as pure as the driven snow in comparison to the $#@! the Clintons have pulled over the years. Played right and timely, the Clintons closet in a gold mine of opposition research.
    "Bill Clinton is a sexual predator" is nothing but recycled 15-year-old bilgewater. It is NOT going to change anyone's mind about anything.

"Bill Clinton is a sexual predator" is nothing but recycled 15-year-old bilgewater. It is NOT going to change anyone's mind about anything.
    You are missing the meat of the new papers that came out. The point isn't that willy is a scumbag it's that Hillary is a scheming political operator who didn't really care.

I'd guess that Rand's people knew this was coming out and got out in front of it with reminding the public about Bill, then Hillary gets dinged for being a souless bitch. It's not a bad 1-2 punch. They really need to knock down the Clinton money machine and this is how it's done. It's dirty, not much you can do about it.

there are young voters who don't know.
    hell, there are probably people on this forum who wouldn't know what I was talking about if I mentioned whitewater.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_controversy
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Why Does Rand Paul Keep Attacking Bill Clinton About Sex?"
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/02/10/wh...tacking-bill-c

The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza offers four reasons and legal blogger Ann Althouse offers four different ones:

Althouse writes:

Cillizza came up with:
    1. It revs up the base...
    2. It's a way to get at Hillary...
    3. It's who Rand is...
    4. It's personal....

Before reading those reasons — which are detailed at the link — I set a goal for myself to come up with 4 more reasons. Off the top of my head, here:

1. He believes in the principle of workplace equality and is dismayed at how predatory individuals seeking personal sexual pleasure have disrupted the meritocracy that should prevail.

2. Someone on the Republican side needs to be able to counter the "war on women" propaganda of the Democrats, and no one else seems to have the guts or skill to do it properly.

3. He dislikes the idea that the distinction of first female President should go to a woman who leveraged her power through a male who she knew was taking advantage of women.

4. He knows that if the Democrats had material like this to use against a Republican candidate, they would have no mercy.
    Read the whole thing - and add to her list - at Althouse.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    there are young voters who don't know.
    hell, there are probably people on this forum who wouldn't know what I was talking about if I mentioned whitewater.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_controversy
    Whitewater? That's racist!
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Whitewater? That's racist!
    That raciist scandal involved Hillary directly.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

5 different women took Clinton to court over sexual assault or harrassment charges (the lawyers had matching testimony from many of them describing the shape of his penis). The media has tried aggressively to bury all of this and clean up Clinton, as part of their sheperding and protection of Hillary project for over 20 years. The point of bringing it up is to shift the framework of the conversation MSM reporters set up, from being "conservatives have problems with women" to "the Clintons have problems with women." This interview gives them clear warning that if they again attempt to demagogue gender issues, it provides a clear opening to bring back the Clinton sex scandals for re-examination.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 02-10-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast