Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young mom backed a car into a cop, Missouri police say. They shot her to death

Young mom backed a car into a cop, Missouri police say. They shot her to death

Young mom backed a car into a cop, Missouri police say. They shot her to death

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...210684904.html

A southwest Missouri mother of two was mortally wounded in a police shooting after she backed into a cop during a traffic stop on Saturday, authorities say.

Savannah Hill, 21, died Monday after she was shot by an Aurora, Missouri, police officer.

Officers with the Aurora-Marionville Police Department pulled over the Kia hatchback Hill was driving at around 3 p.m. Saturday because they spotted a 19-year-old man with arrest warrants sitting in the passenger seat, KY3 reported.

Two officers approached the vehicle. That's when the vehicle went into reverse and struck an officer, the Missouri Highway Patrol said.

The other officer fired shots, hitting the driver.

Hill was taken by helicopter to a Springfield hospital, where she died Monday afternoon, said her father, Chris Nethery.

When reached by The Kansas City Star on Tuesday, Nethery was preparing to make funeral arrangements for his daughter.

"Today, it finally hit me. It still doesn’t seem like a reality," he said.

"I'm waiting for her to walk in the door and make me smile — and that was her. She'd say, 'Hey, Daddy.' "

Nethery said he had been camping in Texas on Saturday when the call came from his youngest daughter. The father — who told the Springfield News-Leader he used to be a dispatcher, then a firefighter — turned on a police scanner and heard that a woman had "a gunshot to the head with brain matter showing."

He soon learned that she was his daughter.

A co-worker drove him back to Missouri that day.

Since then, family and friends are still trying to wrap their heads around what happened.

Hill was a certified nurse's assistant who worked with military veterans, her father told the News-Leader. She was also a mother of two children, ages 3 and 5. Nethery said the children were with their father the day Hill was shot.

A GoFundMe account created by a friend to help the family with funeral expenses has raised more than $1,100 since Sunday. Nethery said any donations not used for the funeral will go toward a savings account for Hill's children.

As for the police investigation, Hill's family is waiting for answers.

The Highway Patrol, which is leading the investigation into the officer-involved shooting, told multiple media outlets over the weekend that the two officers involved in the traffic stop were placed on paid administrative leave.

The male passenger who was in Hill's car was taken into custody following the shooting but has not yet been identified. It's unclear why he was wanted by police.

The officer who was hit by the car was taken to a hospital with injuries.

A third person who was in the car, a 29-year-old woman, received minor injuries and was also taken to a hospital, KY3 reported.

The Aurora-Marionville Police Department issued a brief statement on its Facebook page late Saturday and referred all questions to the Highway Patrol.

"Several citizens have expressed concern for the incident that happened earlier today. Thank you for your prayers and kind words," the agency wrote. "The Missouri State Highway Patrol will be handling the investigation."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hard to parse this one...one the hand, she's a white chick, so...

But then, she was chick, so...

Most likely will just be blown off and "justified".

Again.

note to self... never back into a cop

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    note to self... never back into a cop
    Note to self addendum: Don't drive around with people with active warrants
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Note to self addendum: Don't drive around with people with active warrants
    You assume people with active warrants are going to tell you about them before you give them a ride?

Nothing to see here, citizens. Move on.

qualified immunity will protect the police

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

So the theory here is that she yielded to the stop only to then attempt and run down the police after they exited from their vehicle?

If the driver was speeding backwards, why didn't is smash into the police car, regardless if the driver being shot the vehicle would still travel its course--notice no damage to rear of vehicle other than the shot out rear window.

No mention in the article about the officer's injuries.

No mention in the article about the wanted subject or their outstanding charges.

So, official story is sounding like BOLLOCKS to me.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "Several citizens have expressed concern for the incident that happened earlier today. Thank you for your prayers and kind words," the agency wrote. "The Missouri State Highway Patrol will be handling the investigation."
    I can imagine the outpouring of support those poor police must have gotten after this traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

And how about these supercops who notice a 19 year old kid in the passenger seat of some car and know that he has warrants. Yeah, that's likely.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

She was also a mother of two children, ages 3 and 5. Nethery said the children were with their father the day Hill was shot.
    Divorced? If still married, perhaps her motivation for trying to get away was to not be caught with the passenger.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

Sounds like an Official Story.

but I suspect there is more to it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

WRONG COLOR=NO PARADE!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    WRONG COLOR=NO PARADE!
    Well, as they do say, Gingers don't have souls=nothing to see here, move along, right?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    And how about these supercops who notice a 19 year old kid in the passenger seat of some car and know that he has warrants. Yeah, that's likely.
    Yup. I noticed that. It's called revisionist history.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You assume people with active warrants are going to tell you about them before you give them a ride?
    If they aren't friend enough to know that, they sure aren't worth backing into the cop over.
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Family of woman killed in officer involved shooting in Aurora speaks out

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/Fam...482239871.html

MOUNT VERNON, Mo. For the first time, the parents of a young Ozarks woman are going on camera to talk about the officer-involved shooting that took their daughter's life.

Police say they believed a passenger in Hill's car had warrants out for his arrest. While trying to question him, police say Hill put her car in reverse and hit an officer causing another Aurora officer to shoot and kill her.

This has sparked outrage with some people in the community.

Hill's family wants everyone to just let the highway patrol investigate so the truth about what happened can come out.

"She just lit up the room and always wanted everybody to smile," says Michelle Nethery, Hill's mother.

Hill's father, Chris Nethery says, "You can't compare her to anybody else."

Hill's parents says she was a great mother and would go out of her way to help anyone in need.

They never expected to get the phone call every parent dreads.

Chris Nethery says, "Within a 15 minute period we went from she's being arrested to she was in a car wreck to an officer involved shooting. I'm thinking my baby's dead!"

They say unofficial reports that their daughter tried to run over an Aurora police officer during a traffic stop, causing one of them to shoot and kill her are impossible to believe.

"She would never hurt anybody in that way, shape or form. Before you go and bash my daughter stop and think about how her family feels and how she truly, truly was," says Michelle Nethery.

They say their daughter wasn't perfect but believe there's more to this story.

"I'm hoping that, in a week or two, whenever the highway patrol gets done with their investigation, people can sit back and go well, maybe I opened my mouth too soon," says Chris Nethery.

Until that happens they say they want those in the community who are angry about this to take a step back.

"As a father I have a hard time not having a little resentment but I still respect every individual there. I've heard let's go picket the place. That's not us. If I'm going to go picket something it's definitely not going to be a police department. I don't hate them. I'm upset with them. I'm upset with some actions that happened. I'm upset that my daughter died," says Chris Nethery.

They say they are working to pick up the pieces and move on as a family for the sake of Hill's two young children.

"People have asked me, how do I honor your daughter? I say, carry on her smile and by golly I don't want to go to your funeral. You don't end up this way," says Chris Nethery.

The Missouri Highway Patrol says that the final report on this officer involved shooting may be released sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Yup. I noticed that. It's called revisionist history.
    Have either you ever lived in a small town where everybody seems to know each other? And everybody definitely knows all the criminals/trouble makers? We aren't talking about a major metro area here. This part of the story I found the least unlikely.

Dash Cam video?

You have to wonder if the car had a manual transmission and she was just putting it in reverse to park and accidentally let her foot off the clutch without shutting off the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hard to parse this one...one the hand, she's a white chick, so...
    Her life doesn't matter......obviously.

But then, she was chick, so...
    Miriam Kerry was black and a chick but the killing didn't fit the narrative so it didn't matter.

Most likely will just be blown off and "justified".

Again.
    "She bumped into a cop so clearly he was in fear for his life." That's all a cop has to say. "I was in fear of my life." Philando Castille says "I have a concealed carry permit." Cop says "So me your license". Philando reaches for wallet, cops says "Don't go for that gun." Philando says "What are you talking about." Cop says:

Cop later says "I was in fear for my life." That's all that matters. The Somali cop who killed the white Aussie woman who had called the cops and then approached the car when they drove up is also using the "I was in fear for my life" defense. Does he walk? That will be interesting to see.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Funny, how they always throw that “I risk my life for my community every single day” in your face whenever their motives or actions are questioned, yet at the first assumption or hint of danger or threat they have their weapons out firing at people like they are playing Call of Duty—and in virtually every instance the officer(s) involved are either never taken for medical treatment or treated and released that same day. …Imagine if the NFL functioned like this and all the players were equipped with handguns throughout each game.

Teenager charged with murder in deadly officer-involved shooting in Aurora

http://www.kspr.com/content/news/Tee...482401551.html

AURORA, Mo. -- A teenager faces a murder charge in a deadly officer-involved shooting in Aurora that killed the driver of a car.

Missouri Department of Corrections
    The shooting happened May 5. Officers shot and killed Savannah Hill, 21, in the incident.

The Lawrence County prosecutor charged Mason Lee Farris, 19, with a second-degree murder for Hill's death Friday. Farris also faces two assault charges, and charges for armed criminal action and resisting arrest.

Farris happened to be a passenger in a car driven by Hill. Police say another passenger in Hill's car called an off-duty detective saying Hill was about to pick up Farris, a known fugitive of the law. She told the officers they were heading to White Park.

Hill later called and advised officers she was inside a bathroom at a convenience store off of U.S. 60. In court documents, police say she warned them Farris would likely run from officers in a normal arrest. Hill on the phone told police she would drive on U.S. 60 toward Verona, Mo. Hill said she would then stop the car and activate the child locks when officers attempted to pull her over.

Two marked police cars pulled over at 1020 West South Street a short time later. As officers approached the car, they noticed Farris was trying to exit it. Officers say they then noticed Farris moving toward the front of the car because the doors were locked. The car then accelerated in reverse, hitting one of the officers. The second officer then fired shots into the car to stop the threat. The gunshots struck Hill. She died two days later.

Police say they interviewed another woman in the car. In court documents, she told officers Farris yelled, "Don't Stop." She then said he pushed Hill's leg down onto the accelerator. She said she tried to then push the car into park.

In court documents, police say Farris admitted he ran from officers a few nights before, fearing he would go back to prison. Farris had served time on theft and drug-related convictions.

The Missouri Highway Patrol is investigation the actions of the officers involved to determine if the shooting is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Her life doesn't matter......obviously.

Miriam Kerry was black and a chick but the killing didn't fit the narrative so it didn't matter.

"She bumped into a cop so clearly he was in fear for his life." That's all a cop has to say. "I was in fear of my life." Philando Castille says "I have a concealed carry permit." Cop says "So me your license". Philando reaches for wallet, cops says "Don't go for that gun." Philando says "What are you talking about." Cop says:

Cop later says "I was in fear for my life." That's all that matters. The Somali cop who killed the white Aussie woman who had called the cops and then approached the car when they drove up is also using the "I was in fear for my life" defense. Does he walk? That will be interesting to see.
    True enough to all.

That's all that matters, the King's man felt threatened... and you're dead.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

AURORA, Mo. -- A teenager faces a murder charge in a deadly officer-involved shooting in Aurora that killed the driver of a car.

The shooting happened May 5. Officers shot and killed Savannah Hill, 21, in the incident.

The Lawrence County prosecutor charged Mason Lee Farris, 19, with a second-degree murder for Hill's death Friday. Farris also faces two assault charges, and charges for armed criminal action and resisting arrest.

Farris happened to be a passenger in a car driven by Hill. Police say another passenger in Hill's car called an off-duty detective saying Hill was about to pick up Farris, a known fugitive of the law. She told the officers they were heading to White Park.

Hill later called and advised officers she was inside a bathroom at a convenience store off of U.S. 60. In court documents, police say she warned them Farris would likely run from officers in a normal arrest. Hill on the phone told police she would drive on U.S. 60 toward Verona, Mo. Hill said she would then stop the car and activate the child locks when officers attempted to pull her over.

Two marked police cars pulled over at 1020 West South Street a short time later. As officers approached the car, they noticed Farris was trying to exit it. Officers say they then noticed Farris moving toward the front of the car because the doors were locked. The car then accelerated in reverse, hitting one of the officers. The second officer then fired shots into the car to stop the threat. The gunshots struck Hill. She died two days later.

Police say they interviewed another woman in the car. In court documents, she told officers Farris yelled, "Don't Stop." She then said he pushed Hill's leg down onto the accelerator. She said she tried to then push the car into park.

In court documents, police say Farris admitted he ran from officers a few nights before, fearing he would go back to prison. Farris had served time on theft and drug-related convictions.

The Missouri Highway Patrol is investigation the actions of the officers involved to determine if the shooting is justified.
    Only cops and the Just Us system could come up with such tortured logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Only cops and the Just Us system could come up with such tortured logic.

It turns out maybe you are right about not calling the cops. She actually called the cops from a gas station and asked them to pull her over.

What is the head scratcher here is they charged the wanted kid with second degree murder even though the police shot the woman. I don't fully understand that.

A probable cause statements filed in the case against Farris states that Hill had called police from a rest room in a convenience store in Aurora, telling them that Farris was a passenger in her car but that he would attempt to run if they tried to arrest him at that location.
    http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/pass...ath/1173567101
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 05-11-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    What is the head scratcher here is they charged the wanted kid with second degree murder even though the police shot the woman. I don't fully understand that.
    Not really, because the other passenger claims the wanted guy pushed her foot down on the accelerator while she was trying to put it into park, causing it to jump back in reverse at the cops, causing them to open fire and kill the driver. So her getting killed is a direct result of his actions. or some $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Not really, because the other passenger claims the wanted guy pushed her foot down on the accelerator while she was trying to put it into park, causing it to jump back in reverse at the cops, causing them to open fire and kill the driver. So her getting killed is a direct result of his actions. or some $#@!.
    The evidence does not fit that narrative regardless, no officer was injured and no damage occurred to the patrol vehicle or Hill's vehicle. The officers owed a duty to the driver to not remaining standing in its path when they could otherwise safely remained to the side (stepped aside or whatever), or call the suspect out of the vehicle from the sides and rear of their patrol vehicles, e.g. conduct a felony stop.

So she called the cops and the cops ended up killing her.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So she called the cops and the cops ended up killing her.
    Never ever rat anyone out for any reason..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast