Thread: Korean American Rep. Young Kim: 'I'm the future of the Republican Party'

Post Korean American Rep. Young Kim: 'I'm the future of the Republican Party'

Bold statement on diversity, Rep Kim had made headlines earlier when she went after Trump for using the term "Kung Flu" to refer to Covid-19 virus.
    Source is MSM but reporting checks out:

Korean American Rep. Young Kim: 'I'm the future of the Republican Party'

President Trump lost California by a margin of nearly 30 percentage points to Joe Biden last fall. But four Republicans not only won their congressional districts in California but also flipped their districts red. Among them, Representative Young Kim, one of the first Korean American women elected to the House. She’s a Korean immigrant, a mother of 4
    “I believe I'm the future of the Republican Party,” she told Yahoo Finance. “I want to be able to use my common sense background and be able to stand up for what I believe is the right thing to do.”

Kim still says she thinks Trump was "a great president" and credits him with "helping our economy," but she has also shown her willingness to break ranks with Republicans, including in her vote to remove Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene from her committee assignments.
    “I am my own person. And I've always run on my own record,” she said. “President Trump is very unique, to say the least; he's very opinionated. I supported his policies, but not necessarily his rhetoric, or his attitude or the way that he delivers his remarks.”

Kim is particularly forceful in rebuking Trump for his inflammatory language about COVID-19 and Asians. "When he called it 'Kung Flu,' I said enough is enough. Leaders' words have consequences. And the leader has to be very sensitive about what they say. That comment was very insensitive and I called him out on that. And I wanted to make sure that, you know, we love immigrants, we love diversity. And this pandemic was not caused by any one ethnicity or any group of people. I wanted to make sure that my community knows that I'm with them; I understand. And that message had to be sent," she said.

finance.yahoo.com/news/rep-young-kim-im-the-future-of-the-republican-party-160258598.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In related news:

GOP candidate in Texas House race endorsed by fellow Korean American reps

By Julia Manchester - 03/10/21

California GOP Reps. Young Kim and Michelle Steel threw their support behind fellow Republican and Korean American Sery Kim in the race for Texas's sixth congressional district on Wednesday. “I am proud to endorse Sery Kim for Congress and am confident she has the knowledge and experience needed to represent Texas’ 6th Congressional District," Young Kim said in a statement released exclusively to The Hill.

Steel highlighted Sery Kim's work in the Bush and Trump administrations, as well as her academic achievements in her endorsement.

"Sery has proven that she is the best woman for the job," Steel said in the statement. "I look forward to serving with her in Congress."

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/542672-gop-candidate-in-texas-house-race-endorsed-by-fellow-korean-american-reps

This nobody isn't even a blip on anybody's radar.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Funny how there's no trumpeting of "Irish Americans" or "Dutch Americans" or, or.....

$#@! diversity!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Funny how there's no trumpeting of "Irish Americans" or "Dutch Americans" or, or.....

$#@! diversity!
    Proponents of diversity just hate that white people have it good and won't be satisfied until the country is a $#@!hole for everyone equally
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Personally I see nothing offensive by kung flu. It is chinese in origin ( wuhan plague and kung fu ) and this woman is supposed to be korean. Makes no sense except possibly that she is in california.
    Do something Danke

More woke R's.

I have more contempt for them than even the commies.

When did he say kung flu? Sounds like a joke he may have told once.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Relatively unknown till recently, Rep Kim's messaging sounds similar to that of Dems 'rising star' AOC but not as influential so far looking at her Congressional subcommittee assignment (Space and Aeronautics).

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Have not heard that wording in news videos.
    Trump has made references like these, so called 'fact checker' source is controversial but such statements sound plausible:

Origin

On March 10, 2021, an image started circulated on social media that supposedly showed a statement from former U.S. President Donald Trump in which he implored American citizens to remember that the United States wouldn’t have had these “beautiful” COVID-19 vaccine shots for another 5 years (a dubious claim) if it wasn’t for him:

This was a genuine statement from Trump.

Trump released several statements after he left office on Jan. 20, 2021. Since the former president was banned from Twitter (as well as other social media networks) for posting content that could have incited more violence after the attack on the U.S. Capitol, these statements are being released via email and are then subsequently shared on social media by reporters. Margo Martin, the lead press secretary for the office of the 45th president, confirmed to Snopes via email that this was a genuine statement released by Trump.
    snopes.com/fact-check/trump-beautiful-covid-19-vaccine/

On the issues: [parsed]

Small Business:
    I am committed to ensure our small businesses have the tools and capital to ensure their success. This Congress, I am proud to serve in the House Small Business Committee. In this Committee, I will be serving as the Ranking Member of the Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Workforce Development Subcommittee. I also will be serving on the Economic Growth, Tax, and Capital Access Subcommittee.

Economy:
    My priority in Congress is to give businesses the ability to provide economic opportunity to all and ensure that our workforce is developing the necessary skills to find good paying jobs. As a Californian, I have experienced how burdensome regulations and high taxes can cripple our local economy. In Congress, I will fight against misguided regulatory and fiscal policies in Congress and will focus on bringing back jobs and economic freedom to California’s 39th District.

Immigration:
    Any path towards immigration reform should ensure that our border and America’s other points of entry are secure, and Customs and Border Patrol has the latest technology so they can effectively do their job. DACA recipients must also be treated fairly and with compassion and reforms must uphold American values and the rule of law.

National Security:
    Maintaining the United States’ role as a leader in the international community is essential towards securing a more peaceful and prosperous world. As an immigrant to the United States, I experienced firsthand how our foreign policy was implemented abroad and have dedicated years of my life to ensuring our country can rise to the challenges posed by its adversaries.

In Congress I continue to work for the promotion of human rights and democratic representation globally, while also seeking to prepare our nation and our allies to counter threats from countries like North Korea, Russia, Iran and China. To that end, I will always work to guarantee our warfighters and diplomats have the resources and tools they need to accomplish American policy objectives globally.

Healthcare:
    Americans today live under an inefficient healthcare system that saddles them and their families with overly burdensome costs. While I believe a one-size-fits-all single-payer approach to healthcare is not the solution, I am committed to working in Congress to ensure everyone has access to affordable high-quality healthcare and medical treatment.

Our nation is based on a model that gives power to individual states to enact the policies that best suit their constituents—our approach to healthcare should reflect that. States must be given additional leverage to implement Medicaid programs to best fit their circumstances while being held to a higher standard to ensure that their people can efficiently access quality medical care. At the same time, our federal government should work to ensure consumers have greater control of their healthcare and those with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage.

Veterans:
    I know these brave men and women answered the call to serve their country for the sake of preserving the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. It is my priority to ensure that those we rely on for our safety can rely on us for getting the healthcare, education, housing assistance, and mental health resources they need when they return home. I believe it is critical to adequately fund the VA while holding it accountable to its mission: to serve those who served. I will continue working across the aisle to ensure that veterans receive their benefits and treatment in a timely manner.

Representing CA 39th district:
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 03-17-2021 at 10:16 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I stand corrected, he did use the term few times apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjTCatM0Ww

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Small Business:
    I am committed to ensure our small businesses have the tools and capital to ensure their success. This Congress, I am proud to serve in the House Small Business Committee. In this Committee, I will be serving as the Ranking Member of the Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Workforce Development Subcommittee. I also will be serving on the Economic Growth, Tax, and Capital Access Subcommittee.

Economy:
    My priority in Congress is to give businesses the ability to provide economic opportunity to all and ensure that our workforce is developing the necessary skills to find good paying jobs. As a Californian, I have experienced how burdensome regulations and high taxes can cripple our local economy. In Congress, I will fight against misguided regulatory and fiscal policies in Congress and will focus on bringing back jobs and economic freedom to California’s 39th District.

Immigration:
    Any path towards immigration reform should ensure that our border and America’s other points of entry are secure, and Customs and Border Patrol has the latest technology so they can effectively do their job. DACA recipients must also be treated fairly and with compassion and reforms must uphold American values and the rule of law.

National Security:
    Maintaining the United States’ role as a leader in the international community is essential towards securing a more peaceful and prosperous world. As an immigrant to the United States, I experienced firsthand how our foreign policy was implemented abroad and have dedicated years of my life to ensuring our country can rise to the challenges posed by its adversaries.

In Congress I continue to work for the promotion of human rights and democratic representation globally, while also seeking to prepare our nation and our allies to counter threats from countries like North Korea, Russia, Iran and China. To that end, I will always work to guarantee our warfighters and diplomats have the resources and tools they need to accomplish American policy objectives globally.

Healthcare:
    Americans today live under an inefficient healthcare system that saddles them and their families with overly burdensome costs. While I believe a one-size-fits-all single-payer approach to healthcare is not the solution, I am committed to working in Congress to ensure everyone has access to affordable high-quality healthcare and medical treatment.

Our nation is based on a model that gives power to individual states to enact the policies that best suit their constituents—our approach to healthcare should reflect that. States must be given additional leverage to implement Medicaid programs to best fit their circumstances while being held to a higher standard to ensure that their people can efficiently access quality medical care. At the same time, our federal government should work to ensure consumers have greater control of their healthcare and those with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage.

Veterans:
    I know these brave men and women answered the call to serve their country for the sake of preserving the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. It is my priority to ensure that those we rely on for our safety can rely on us for getting the healthcare, education, housing assistance, and mental health resources they need when they return home. I believe it is critical to adequately fund the VA while holding it accountable to its mission: to serve those who served. I will continue working across the aisle to ensure that veterans receive their benefits and treatment in a timely manner.

Representing CA 39th district:
    Having detailed stances published certainly will help people to make educated decisions, better than some politicians with decades in DC but only few lines on their "on the issues" page.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Personally I see nothing offensive by kung flu. It is chinese in origin ( wuhan plague and kung fu ) and this woman is supposed to be korean. Makes no sense except possibly that she is in california.
    That would have been like calling that Spanish flu the "Matador flu." One is a reference to the location of a high number of cases. (Though apparently the Spanish flu also originated in China). The other is a reference to culture and a crass joke. I think the media was wrong for censoring the fact that it did originate in China by making what up to that point a common practice of identifying viruses by location. (Ebola virus near the Ebola River; Spanish Flu; West Nile Virus; Middle Eastern Respitory Syndrome). It was unnecessary for Trump to push the envelope with "kung flu" and IMO that poisoned the well.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

As history has repeatedly shown, "the future of the Republican Party" (and conservatives) is merely to defend tomorrow whatever it is that the Democrats & progressives are doing today.

"Conservative, noun. One who is enamored of existing evils, as distinct from the liberal, who wishes to replace them with new ones."
    -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (paraphrased, 1911)

"The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."
    -- G.K. Chesterton (1924)

And a century later, nothing has changed ...

"Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit."
    -- Michael Malice (2020)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Having detailed stances published certainly will help people to make educated decisions, better than some politicians with decades in DC but only few lines on their "on the issues" page.
    On the other hand, what she actually says on that page is pretty vague. She could say all those same things and be either good or terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    You forget who you're responding to. @enhanced_deficit, a troll of RPF, takes non stories of unimportant people/topics (typically colored, or some sort of minority) and attempts to spin them into some message against Trump.

This formula is used over and over again.

For some reason, everybody still responds to these troll threads in good faith when the OP is not here in good faith.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    As history has repeatedly shown, "the future of the Republican Party" (and conservatives) is merely to defend tomorrow whatever it is that the Democrats & progressives are doing today.

"Conservative, noun. One who is enamored of existing evils, as distinct from the liberal, who wishes to replace them with new ones."
    -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (paraphrased, 1911)

"The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected."
    -- G.K. Chesterton (1924)

And a century later, nothing has changed ...

"Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit."
    -- Michael Malice (2020)
    Beautiful quotes! I almost want to frame them.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    More woke R's.

I have more contempt for them than even the commies.
    Disney: Toxic fans don't like the New Star Wars or Captain Marvel because they don't like strong women.
    Also Disney: Fires Gina Carrona because she's a strong independent woman.

Republicans: Minorities won't join us because they aren't independent thinkers.
    Also Republicans: Not to crazy over minorities who join who are actually independent thinkers.

And @Swordsmyth and @Anti Federalist don't understand why Asians went from being majority GOP to majority democrats? ^This is it.

OMG! A Korean Republican doesn't defend the use of the term "Kung Flu!" She must want to send us all to re-education camps! It's wokeness gone amuck!

/sarcasm

The GOP was happy with Mia Love, a Republican congresswoman of Hatian descent, until she criticized the "shythole countries" comment. We don't need people from those countries right? We need more people from countries like Norway! People like Greta Thunberg because that's how we have more freedumb!

The real face of your enemy:

The "woke" immigrants that would otherwise ally with you.

I know who I'd rather send back in a boat.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I still think koreans caring about chicom jokes is stupid , that would be like me pretending to be offended by canadian jokes ( never gonna happen , lol). But JM Drake makes a good point , I would not really exclude norway as a $#@!hole . Once youve ate there or bought gas it moves right up the list. As a real american I cant say I see the need for any further immigration right now . First all federal welfare of every kind needs eliminated. Once the people already here are all part of a work force and become responsible for themselves we can see .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-19-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I still think koreans caring about chicom jokes is stupid , that would be like me pretending to be offended by canadian jokes ( never gonna happen , lol). But JM Drake makes a good point , I would not really exclude norway as a $#@!hole . Once youve ate there or bought gas it moves right up the list. As a real american I cant say I see the need for any further immigration right now . First all federal welfare of every kind needs eliminated. Once the people already here are all part of a work force and become responsible for themselves we can see .
    Yeah....but "kung flu" is not a chicom joke. Kung Fu predates communism by a few thousand years and it's not exclusive to China. Tang Soo Do, a "Korean" martial art, directly descended from Chinese kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Disney: Toxic fans don't like the New Star Wars or Captain Marvel because they don't like strong women.
    Also Disney: Fires Gina Carrona because she's a strong independent woman.

Republicans: Minorities won't join us because they aren't independent thinkers.
    Also Republicans: Not to crazy over minorities who join who are actually independent thinkers.

And @Swordsmyth and @Anti Federalist don't understand why Asians went from being majority GOP to majority democrats? ^This is it.

OMG! A Korean Republican doesn't defend the use of the term "Kung Flu!" She must want to send us all to re-education camps! It's wokeness gone amuck!

/sarcasm

The GOP was happy with Mia Love, a Republican congresswoman of Hatian descent, until she criticized the "shythole countries" comment. We don't need people from those countries right? We need more people from countries like Norway! People like Greta Thunberg because that's how we have more freedumb!

The real face of your enemy:

The "woke" immigrants that would otherwise ally with you.

I know who I'd rather send back in a boat.
    NEWSFLASH: Greta isn't American

But it is interesting to see you try to make this about race instead of culture.

We need to keep all of them out and send them back.
    Orientals went left because a new generation of them came here after their cultures took a left turn and possibly because we wouldn't change our country to suit them and they cared more about imposing what they wanted on us than about opposing the left.

She also appears to be a globalist RINO so you trying to promote her is revealing.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    NEWSFLASH: Greta isn't American
    I didn't say she was moron. I'm pointing out that she doesn't come from a "shythole country." She's from one of those countries that your herr leader would want more immigrants from because it's such a "swell place."

Orientals went left because a new generation of them came here after their cultures took a left turn and possibly because we wouldn't change our country to suit them and they cared more about imposing what they wanted on us than about opposing the left.
    Except this "oriental" is a republican.

She also appears to be a globalist RINO so you trying to promote her is revealing.
    And the evidence that she is a globalist is what exactly? That she supports Trump? I guess that is evidence since Trump said he kept enough soildiers in Syria to be able to "take the oil." Or does the fact that she didn't like his "kung flu" joke make him a globalist? SMH!

I do think the Matador Flu is pretty catchy .
    Do something Danke

I didn't say she was moron. I'm pointing out that she doesn't come from a "shythole country." She's from one of those countries that your herr leader would want more immigrants from because it's such a "swell place."
    Nobody said we wanted more immigrants from a socialist cesspit like Norway.
    We want less immigrants from anywhere and Trump was making that happen.
    Plus the rate of really bad immigrants is much worse from non-european countries and you cherry picking one really bad example doesn't change that.
    Korea was never labeled a shythole country, you are making this about race and not culture, you are trying to change the racial makeup of America and force us to accept it.

Except this "oriental" is a republican.

And the evidence that she is a globalist is what exactly? That she supports Trump? I guess that is evidence since Trump said he kept enough soildiers in Syria to be able to "take the oil." Or does the fact that she didn't like his "kung flu" joke make him a globalist? SMH!
    She's a leftist globalist no matter what party she is in and it goes beyond her playing the race game about the China Virus.
    Try reading what is posted in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Immigration:

National Security:

Healthcare:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody said we wanted more immigrants from a socialist cesspit like Norway.
    We want less immigrants from anywhere and Trump was making that happen.
    Trump was reducing Eurpean immigration? Source?

Korea was never labeled a shythole country
    I never said it was. And Norway wasn't labeled a shythole country either. You just made that shyt up. And you have repeatedly made the race of the immigrant an issue.

, you are making this about race and not culture, you are trying to change the racial makeup of America and force us to accept it.
    ^Your true colors are showing. Projection much? I could are less about the racial makeup of America. That would be you.

She's a leftist globalist no matter what party she is in and it goes beyond her playing the race game about the China Virus.
    Try reading what is posted in this thread:
    Trump supported protecting pre-existing conditions. And he promised universal healthcare.

Also she never said anything against the term "China Virus" or "Wuhan Virus." But Kung Flu is asinine. The Spanish Flu was called (duh) the Spanish Flu. The Ebola Virus was called the Ebola Virus. MERS stands for "Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome." All of those virus names gave the location of the origin of the virus (or in the case of the Spanish Flu where most of the cases were reported because Spain wasn't censoring it flu deaths like the rest of the world was due to war time propoganda). None of those virus names made a cultural reference. Trump actually HELPED cover up what was really going on by poisoning the well and making what should have simply been the name of where it was from into a cultural / race issue. Instead he should have opened an investigation into how his presidential spokesman, Dr. Fauci, helped fund the Wuhan research, something that stopped under Obama and restarted under Trump. Total punk.

In Congress I continue to work for the promotion of human rights and democratic representation globally, while also seeking to prepare our nation and our allies to counter threats from countries like North Korea, Russia, Iran and China.
    Who has been the main person talking about the China threat? That would be Trump. Who was doing the most saber rattling against North Korea...before talking to them...then not actually getting things done? Again Trump. Who ended the Iran nuclear deal? Yep. Trump. The only "threat" Trump didn't see was Russia. While that's a mild improvement, by your own standards Trump is a "globalist."
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-21-2021 at 08:02 AM.

I never said it was. And Norway wasn't labeled a shythole country either. You just made that shyt up. And you have repeatedly made the race of the immigrant an issue.

^Your true colors are showing. Projection much? I could are less about the racial makeup of America. That would be you.

Trump supported protecting pre-existing conditions. And he promised universal healthcare.

Also she never said anything against the term "China Virus" or "Wuhan Virus." But Kung Flu is asinine. The Spanish Flu was called (duh) the Spanish Flu. The Ebola Virus was called the Ebola Virus. MERS stands for "Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome." All of those virus names gave the location of the origin of the virus (or in the case of the Spanish Flu where most of the cases were reported because Spain wasn't censoring it flu deaths like the rest of the world was due to war time propoganda). None of those virus names made a cultural reference. Trump actually HELPED cover up what was really going on by poisoning the well and making what should have simply been the name of where it was from into a cultural / race issue. Instead he should have opened an investigation into how his presidential spokesman, Dr. Fauci, helped fund the Wuhan research, something that stopped under Obama and restarted under Trump. Total punk.

Who has been the main person talking about the China threat? That would be Trump. Who was doing the most saber rattling against North Korea...before talking to them...then not actually getting things done? Again Trump. Who ended the Iran nuclear deal? Yep. Trump. The only "threat" Trump didn't see was Russia. While that's a mild improvement, by your own standards Trump is a "globalist."
    1 Zillion % agree!

I knew where Trump stood, politically, with all his railing against the Iran Deal- one of the best things Obama did- during his 1st campaign.

My POV then, AND now, is that Trump was either in on the TPTB shyt from the beginning - hence his little meeting with the Clinton's before he ran- OR, TPTB knew him so well that they could play his ego-mania to the max & grow this huge division in our country, with everybody hating & finger-pointing, to the point that most of the people would follow their chosen lemmings right off the cliff.

It has worked perfectly.
    There is no spoon.

Trump was reducing all immigration:

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020.

More at: https://www.cato.org/blog/president-...al-immigration

You made it an issue about race and shythole countries, you contrasted the Korean and Mia Love vs. Greta.

That is an obvious lie, I always make it about culture and want to reduce all immigration, you always complain about Republicans not wanting Orientals, blacks and Mexicans etc.
    I am not concerned about race but you constantly are, I would not even think about the racial makeup of the country but when enemies try to artificially alter it for evil purposes I will take notice and oppose them.

Trump was not perfect and I never said he was.
    But it gains you nothing in your attempt to promote this loser to point out Trump's imperfections.

Grow and and get a sense of humor, there is nothing wrong with joking about the "Kung Flu".
    You expose yourself as a leftist with this nonsense, only leftists would care and seek to poison the well and distract from the truth by ginning up a supposed objection.

Who has been the main person talking about the China threat? That would be Trump.
    Dealing with the threat China actually poses to America is in now way the same as trying to nation build "human rights and democratic representation" globally.

Who was doing the most saber rattling against North Korea...before talking to them...then not actually getting things done? Again Trump.
    Trump was the most successful President ever at defusing the N. Korea situation and paving the way for withdrawing our troops from S. Korea, you may not like the style he used but it worked.
    And again that has nothing to do with the globalism she is promoting.

Who ended the Iran nuclear deal? Yep. Trump.
    Trump ended the illegal and unconstitutional deal because it gave aid and comfort to a sworn enemy without doing one thing to resolve the problem or gain a peace deal and his actions reduced the threat to us and paved the way for a withdrawal from the Middle East and the possibility of a real peace deal with Iran.

The only "threat" Trump didn't see was Russia. While that's a mild improvement, by your own standards Trump is a "globalist."
    The guy who was ending wars, bringing troops home and getting us out of globalist institutions is not a globalist.

And all of your attacks on Trump do nothing to help Young Kim even if they were true. (which they are not)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump entered the White House with the goal of reducing legal immigration by 63 percent. Trump was wildly successful in reducing legal immigration. By November 2020, the Trump administration reduced the number of green cards issued to people abroad by at least 418,453 and the number of non‐​immigrant visas by at least 11,178,668 during his first term through November 2020.
    Your spin is showing, as usual. You say he was wildly successful, and quote that 63% number like it's something more than a number Trump pulled out of his ass. You say he was reducing all immigration, as though he reduced immigration from everywhere, but that's not so; he reduced overall immigration by single digit percentages but the big dip in European immigration covered certain increases.

President Trump’s efforts to promote European immigration and reduce immigration from African and Latin American countries hasn’t borne fruit; 2018 saw the lowest number of green cards issued to people from Europe and Asia since at least 2010:

The number of green cards issued to Europeans is down 12.8% from 2016 levels, and down about 10.5% from 2010 levels
    The number of green cards issued to Chinese people is down 20.4% from 2016 levels, and down about 9% from 2010 levels
    The number of green cards issued to Indians is down 8% from 2016 levels, and down more than 13% from 2010 levels
    By contrast, the number of green cards issued to people from the Americas has climbed sharply:

The number of green cards issued to people from the Caribbean has risen almost 30% since 2010, driven by a 125% increase in green cards issued to Cubans
    The number of green cards issued to Central Americans has risen almost 34% since 2010
    The number of green cards issued to Venezuelans has risen by 17% since 2010
    The number of green cards issued to people from Mexico is up about 16% since 2010
    The number of people from Africa who received green cards in 2018 is also up significantly, by about 15% from 2010 levels.
    https://www.boundless.com/blog/dhs-data-2018/

Haven't you figured out by now this is not a place where shoveled spin will go uninspected? What does it take to get through to you?

As for ending peace deals in order to make peace deals that never happened, ending wars that didn't end, getting us out of global institutions we're still in, and people having a sense of humor even as you attack them like a hydrophobic polecat, well, we're not responsible for your fantasy life or your unrealistic expectations.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-22-2021 at 07:29 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://www.boundless.com/blog/trump...o-is-affected/

Trump’s New Executive Order Will Favor Immigrants from Western Europe

Trump’s Proclamation Favors Immigration from Western Europe

Trump’s proclamation will block relatively few immigrants from Western Europe, Canada, and Australia, while blocking relatively more immigrants from Asia, Africa, Central America, and Eastern Europe.

Region # blocked % blocked
    Canada 910 9%
    Western Europe 4,916 15%
    Australia and New Zealand 856 25%
    Mexico 44,415 27%
    South America 22,648 29%
    Middle East, South and East Asia 135,312 34%
    Central America 84,464 34%
    Africa 44,782 39%
    Eastern Europe 24,716 42%
    Central Asia 4,794 60%
    Boundless applied the proclamation’s likely restrictions to green card approval numbers from each country and region listed above (using DHS and State Department data from Fiscal Year 2018).

The “number of green cards blocked” includes the following categories when filed from abroad: family-based immigrants, employment-based immigrants (except for EB-5 investor visas), diversity visas, and parents of U.S. citizens (calculated as 34% of all immediate relative immigrants, which is the average proportion).

The proclamation does not block green card applications filed abroad by spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens or Special Immigrant Visas, as well as any green card applications filed from within the United States.

The “percent of green cards blocked” is the number of green cards blocked under the proclamation divided by the total number of green cards that would normally be issued in a given year (using the five-year annual average between Fiscal Years 2014–2018).

You made it an issue about race and shythole countries, you contrasted the Korean and Mia Love vs. Greta.
    You have HISTORICALLY done that! It's your circular reasoning bullshyt I'm calling out. "We have to restrict Asian immigration because Asians vote democrat." Then when immigrants from those countries actually become Republican elected officials they catch hell for actually standing up for their own communities. That's what I'm pointing out.

That is an obvious lie, I always make it about culture
    No it isn't. And you use race as a proxy for culture. Regardless you are full of shyt. There's nothing "culturally" about someone from Korea that makes that person vote Democrat or Republican. They vote their own interests. And when faced with a party that has people in it like you, it's hard for them to make the case that Republican is in their communities interest.

Trump was not perfect and I never said he was.
    But it gains you nothing in your attempt to promote this loser to point out Trump's imperfections.
    Is Trump a globalist, yes or no? It's not a question of Trump being perfect. It's you being a hypocrite.

The guy who was ending wars, bringing troops home and getting us out of globalist institutions is not a globalist.
    Did this congresswoman say she was against Trump bringing troops home? No? Then STFU! You can't on the one hand paint someone as a globalist simply because she called Iran and China threats then give Trump a pass for calling Iran and China threats.

Edit: One more thing. Quote one time that I said I wanted "to change the racial makeup of America and force us to accept it." or appolgize for your libel.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-22-2021 at 07:46 AM.

These numbers are a good reminder of why my immigration plan is clearly the best .
    Do something Danke