Thread: Senate approves $8.3 billion emergency coronavirus package

Senate approves $8.3 billion emergency coronavirus package

The Senate rapidly cleared an $8.3 billion emergency funding bill Thursday to aid the fight against the coronavirus, as U.S. deaths from the illness reached double digits and more than 160 people tested positive across more than a dozen states.

President Donald Trump is expected to soon sign the measure, which moved through Congress with stunning speed, just over 24 hours after text was released Wednesday afternoon. Cross-party cooperation enabled that legislative hustle, resulting in a 415-2 passage vote Wednesday in the House and a 96-1 vote in the Senate. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) cast the single dissenting vote.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...package-122266

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where can I apply for Corona funds ? Probably just some of the .3 Billion would do me .
    Do something Danke

Apparently cash fights the virus since there's a billion in loan subsidies for "farmers and small businesses".
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

“We think this is a good bit of money. But if they need money, we’ll provide it," Shelby said

-

Shelby is a real disgrace. Money no object, just keep borrowing more and more... who cares. This guy is supposed to be a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Apparently cash fights the virus since there's a billion in loan subsidies for "farmers and small businesses".
    Any reason you know of why Massie and Amash voted for it in the House?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Any reason why Massie and Amash voted for it in the House?
    Good question. i have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Any reason you know of why Massie and Amash voted for it in the House?
    Did they? I haven’t seen any rollcalls on this.

From Amash yesterday:

https://www.twitter.com/justinamash/...65230667763719
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If I was in the senate I would have voted "NO".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “It’s about our right to health! Spend the money you heartless bastards! It’s for the children!!!”

https://www.twitter.com/SensiSuzi/st...34389300711429
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand the only nay vote. Good for you Rand for not caving in to fear.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did they? I haven’t seen any rollcalls on this.

From Amash yesterday:

https://www.twitter.com/justinamash/...65230667763719

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2020/h86
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Rand the only nay vote. Good for you Rand for not caving in to fear.
    He also voted against a bill that outlawed lynching and made it a Fed crime.

Shoulda seen the sh*t he got for that one ...

He doesn't give a f*ck though

I'm preparing by playing through my zombie video games.

It's a shame "The Last of Us" sequel will not be completed in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.