Thread: PSA: Taliban peace deal reduces troop levels to start of Trump presidency

PSA: Taliban peace deal reduces troop levels to start of Trump presidency

Reductions below 2016 levels are contingent on the US agreeing that the Taliban is fulfilling its end of the bargain, and will not occur prior to the election.

Trump added 4K troops in 2017. Those 4K are now leaving.

Also, these 4K were promised in December: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...an-4000-troops

You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep, it just undoes Trump Surge if implemented before 2020 election date.

But 4k of last surge will be returning home or will be added to 18,000 troops Trump just sent to mideast few months ago?

But if brought home, such a de-surging would be a step on the right direction. As a side-benefit, it would also counter NBC's broken peace-coin narrative.

Stats Show Trump’s Afghanistan Surge Has Failed

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Exclamation Peak Trump - SOS, different NWO neocon

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    And when the deal fail, make sure to remember it was the deep state that created the very hard to implement "peace" plan

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And when the deal fail, make sure to remember it was the deep state that created the very hard to implement "peace" plan
    Peace deal fail under Trump? Unpossible!

Everything with Iran is going great now!
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Peace deal fail under Trump? Unpossible!

Everything with Iran is going great now!
    You can see my post? I am not trying to get you banned, just point out the double standards by the mods

To be fair to Trump, he is just trying to get Iran a better deal with the US but they are just too stupid to realize it

Look at all you war mongerers who can't stand the fact that there is an actual plan in place to get out of Afghanistan vs. having absolutely nothing.

Thats what TDS does to people who claim to be anti-war.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can see my post?
    Why would I not be able to see your post?
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Look at all you war mongerers who can't stand the fact that there is an actual plan in place to get out of Afghanistan vs. having absolutely nothing.

Have you even read the deal?

Again:
    The key sentence is: if Taliban meet commitments to prevent terrorism. The Taliban are not the "terrorists" in their own country.
    There is no spoon.

Looks like NeoCons, Interventionists dreaming of prolonged Military occupations arent very happy about this pullout.

Brett McGurk is claiming that Civil War would happen gradual collapse of the state, civil war, and the Taliban back in Kabul would happen if American/NATO forces pull out? i am not sure what planet is Brett McGurk but what civil war is he talking about? majority of Afghans wanted Americans out of afghanistan.

As for McGurk comments on the whole the Taliban back in Kabul well again what planet or rock has McGurk has being living for the past 20 years now? it was the Taliban resistance/rebel forces that succed winning what America and NATO failed to do to win the hearts and minds.

We all hope this can work somehow. Americans should no longer be dying in Afghanistan. And Khalilzad deserves tremendous credit. But from the face of the text, the agreement does not seem to end a war so much as plant the seeds for a new one. That’s the concern. Hope I’m wrong.
    Yes unless the deep state and NeoCon/Libs buddies want to stage something to prevent the deal from happening.

The war monger are upset because they view this deal as a bad deal at least for their bloodlust thrust demands for military taxpayers going to waste on military units that arent effective agaisnt a force that won a 20 year military occupation,while these war mongers were going further by lying to the American people and everyone in the global that the war in afghanistan there was progress.

Whenever you dont see any actual news media reports on afghanistan military going campaigns you know its problary bad just like how Libya is now a complete failed state. With a civil war.

You can see my post? I am not trying to get you banned, just point out the double standards by the mods

To be fair to Trump, he is just trying to get Iran a better deal with the US but they are just too stupid to realize it
    You see the the thing with Iran and Trump neocon admin. Trump is trying to force Iran out of the middle east and Syria completely you would expect any normal to accpet such a idiotic deal?

At least the Obama admin deal with Obama admin had no strings to it. Could you imagine Russia agreeing to such a similar deal for Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Why would I not be able to see your post?
    Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

This what happens when a man with no credibility gives you their word. But, I will be so happy for people to tell "me I told you so" after the plan has been completed. I can't wait to eat that crow pie

Nevermind
    You should update your avatar to John Cena
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    You should update your avatar to John Cena
    I am a big Legion of Doom fan. If I were to put a wrestlers pic in my avatar, it would be the duo not John Cena. Please don't take it personal if you are a fan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nevermind
    I saw the post you're talking about.

For him to see it edit it to this: @TheCount
    There is no spoon.

They will ALL leave.

But the TDS crowd can't stand that they were wrong all along.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I saw the post you're talking about.

For him to see it edit it to this: @TheCount
    I was hoping he didn't see it. But its OK, I didn't mean no harm. Not trying to get anyone banned just wondering how come zippy is gone and another poster people compare to zippy(TheCount) is still around. I would like t know the criteria these people are using to censor members

I was hoping he didn't see it. But its OK, I didn't mean no harm. Not trying to get anyone banned just wondering how come zippy is gone and another poster people compare to zippy(TheCount) is still around. I would like t know the criteria these people are using to censor members
    Not sure either- TheCount is pure sarcasm, which I enjoy- but many people don't read sarcasm well. Never had a prob w/Zippy either as he never insulted or called names like some posters here 24/7.
    Last edited by Ender; 02-29-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Not sure either- TheCount is pure sarcasm, which I enjoy- but many people don't red sarcasm well. Never had a prob w/Zippy either as he never insulted or called names like some posters here 24/7.
    I can understand Angela's ban, she violated some TOS agreement but why zippy? But if enough people just keep quite, they will continue to sabotage the forum and just keep banning contributing members from the forum. I personally would like to get a response from the censors. I will try my best to be good so they don't find an excuse to ban me but I will keep asking questions until someone gives me an answer

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    It's still early, hopefully this is fakenews report/will be sorted out soon and MAGA will be able to negate NBC's 'broken peace coin' narrative.

Afghanistan did not commit to release 5,000 Taliban, Ghani says
    11 hrs ago
    KABUL, March 1 (Reuters) - The government of Afghanistan has made no commitment to free 5,000 Taliban prisoners as stated in a pact signed between the United States and Taliban Islamic militants, President Ashraf Ghani said on Sunday.

Afghanistan Peace Deal Hits Snag Over Taliban Prisoner Release

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani speaks during a news conference at the presidential palace in Kabul, Afghanistan, on March, 1, 2020.
    Rahmat Gul—AP
    By KATHY GANNON / AP
    March 1, 2020 10:10 AM EST

(KABUL, Afghanistan) — Afghanistan’s president said Sunday that he will not free thousands of Taliban prisoners ahead of all-Afghan power-sharing talks set for next week, publicly disagreeing with a timetable for a speedy prisoner release laid out just a day earlier in a U.S.-Taliban peace agreement.

President Ashraf Ghani’s comments pointed to the first hitch in implementing the fragile deal, which is aimed at ending America’s longest war after more than 18 years and getting rival Afghan factions to agree on their country’s future.
    time.com/5793132/afghanistan-taliban-deal-prisoners-release/

Also, wise cautious approach by leadership/White House giftshop team this time around by not releasing this peace deal commemorative coins at this stage.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/polit...ion/index.html

In the end, all of us should hope and pray that any skpeticisms will be proven unfounded and peace deal will be a success. There is a powerful 2020 election factor going in favor of this deal success, ironically N-Korea peace deal faltering may make this deal all the more indispensable politicaly.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It's still early, hopefully this is fakenews report/will be sorted out soon and MAGA will be able to negate NBC's 'broken peace coin' narrative.

Afghanistan did not commit to release 5,000 Taliban, Ghani says
    11 hrs ago
    KABUL, March 1 (Reuters) - The government of Afghanistan has made no commitment to free 5,000 Taliban prisoners as stated in a pact signed between the United States and Taliban Islamic militants, President Ashraf Ghani said on Sunday.
    This neocon puppet had better release Ronald Reagan's "Founding Fathers", if he knows what good for him.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No war in NK and we will leave Afghanistan:

Trump to meet with Taliban leaders (FOX)

https://apnews.com/8cfce4344ad386697c78b033a3cb3dc6

Still, the U.S. has said a planned U.S. troop withdrawal over the next 14 months is linked to the Taliban’s counter-terrorism performance, not to progress in intra-Afghan talks.

Quit cheerleading for war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quit being apologist for globalist foreign-firster lobbies (non-parastic wing) that fund/abuse politicians.

I stand by my above opinion, deals are hard to make... especially peace deals.

You are the one salivating for war.

That makes you the one on the side of globalists.

Trump is keeping us out of wars and getting out of Afghanistan, he will get us out of other places too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Too many peace deals all at the same time risk economic impact. While in principle, elective wars bloodbaths/forever wars are immoral but for each war/operation abroad, there are many jobs created and many politicians get funded/elected.
    Bringing many troops home too quickly can also impact uneomployment numbers.