Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    @oyarde
    Any good suggestions, that do not involve electric fencing, guns or traps, for repelling raccoons from sweet corn plants? Dunno if this is in your range of experience but thought I'd ask.

Anyone else is free to answer as well. I have picked up some suggestions online but want real world experiences if possible.
    Is your aversion to traps and guns moral or legal?

Because honestly, the best way is to trap and kill until there are no more.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is your aversion to traps and guns moral or legal?

Because honestly, the best way is to trap and kill until there are no more.
    I don't have any guns and shooting inside corporate city limits is illegal, any way. Not having trigger happy policy enforcement officers at my door is, as you know very well, something to strive for. Plus, the lady wouldn't tolerate any violent methods so there's that.

I ended up harvesting what was close to ready since other methods I detailed only deterred them for a night. A raccoon family can tear up a small corn stand surprisingly quickly, lost about 25 nice ears over 4 nights. But I don't really blame the raccoons. They've been tearing down tons of wooded acres around my property lately for $#@!ty new houses and my wooded acreage is turning into a wild animal sanctuary.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-02-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

High for today will be 83.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Mostly cloudy but no rain.

I only work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and whenever I go back after having 4 days off, I find something $#@!ed up. One of the dumb ass Hooters girls made a sign for the tip jar behind the bar that says, "Tips or Tits". WTF? I don't even understand how that would get you more tips. If I were a guy, I'd be like - I'll keep the tip and take the tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It rained here in my area of Colorado today. Again. It's so green around here this year, too because of it, it looks surreal. Normally, it's mostly brown, even during the wet season. It normally only rains maybe once a month here, if that in the summer. We've had violent afternoon storms for the last 5 months near daily.

You can cross the Arkansas River behind me and barely get your knees wet most of the year. This year it's been at or near flood stage all year(7 whole feet).

55 at night, 105 during the day. Then again, in February I've seen it be 14 in the morning and 90 in the afternoon here.

The freeze came early last year and devastated the states outdoor marijuana harvests, I know we took a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't have any guns and shooting inside corporate city limits is illegal, any way. Not having trigger happy policy enforcement officers at my door is, as you know very well, something to strive for. Plus, the lady wouldn't tolerate any violent methods so there's that.

I ended up harvesting what was close to ready since other methods I detailed only deterred them for a night. A raccoon family can tear up a small corn stand surprisingly quickly, lost about 25 nice ears over 4 nights. But I don't really blame the raccoons. They've been tearing down tons of wooded acres around my property lately for $#@!ty new houses and my wooded acreage is turning into a wild animal sanctuary.
    Ah, got it...well, here are some suggestions, my experience has been, with at least four of these; cayenne, ammonia, mothballs and Epsom salts, that they are pretty worthless, but YMMV.

https://survivallife.com/natural-raccoon-deterrents/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I only work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and whenever I go back after having 4 days off, I find something $#@!ed up. One of the dumb ass Hooters girls made a sign for the tip jar behind the bar that says, "Tips or Tits". WTF? I don't even understand how that would get you more tips. If I were a guy, I'd be like - I'll keep the tip and take the tits.
    Maybe she meant "Tips FOR Tits".

Bet she had a tattoo like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Maybe she meant "Tips FOR Tits".
    Who knows? I suspect most of the girls I work with are functionally retarded. One of them gave herself a DIY nipple piercing and it got infected and she thought she had "nipple cancer". It never occurred to her that it could be her less than sanitary DIY nipple piercing. If she had done it drunk, I could excuse it but, believe it or not, she doesn't drink or do drugs. She does it all stone cold sober. o_O

Another got leopard spot tattoos all around her face and neck. I don't think that's going to age well. As a matter of fact, all of them are covered in stupid tattoos and weird piercings and they all have gigantic tacky fingernails. As much as it pains me to quote Kim Kardashian, I use her line every time they ask about my tattoos(none)/piercings(one set and I only wear diamond or pearl studs)/nails(natural, neatly trimmed).

Bet she had a tattoo like this:

Wouldn't doubt it for a second.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Fascinating , ask her how how many tits can a guy get if he does leave a tip .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Fascinating , ask her how how many tits can a guy get if he does leave a tip .
    I'll ask but I think you only get tits if you don't tip. Kinda makes me wonder what their tits look like because Tips or Tits sounds like a threat.

I'll ask but I think you only get tits if you don't tip. Kinda makes me wonder what their tits look like because Tips or Tits sounds like a threat.
    Like Trick or Treat , or the five legged cow at the fair side show .
    Do something Danke

Like Trick or Treat , or the five legged cow at the fair side show .
    Exactly.

True fair story. Every year I took my kids to the Gwinnett County Fair and I always gave them 5.00 to spend (or keep). Anyway, when my oldest son was about 5 years old, he was obsessed with a freak show booth that advertised a beautiful woman with the body of a snake. He spent his money to go in and take a look and, after staring at her for a few minutes, loudly said "What a rip off! She was suppose to be beautiful."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I was about 15 I was working at this grocery . There was this really pretty girl who would come by and remind me every now and then that she was after me . She was only a few years older than I but had these long , saggy tits . I told her I did not care I would love them anyway . I think she appreciated my general lack of being a critic .
    Do something Danke

When I was about 15 I was working at this grocery . There was this really pretty girl who would come by and remind me every now and then that she was after me . She was only a few years older than I but had these long , saggy tits . I told her I did not care I would love them anyway . I think she appreciated my general lack of being a critic .
    That was good of you. Mr A just brags that his tits are bigger than mine.

That was good of you. Mr A just brags that his tits are bigger than mine.
    A Husband should never have bigger tits than his wife.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It was sprinkling this morning when I went to get my teeth cleaned but it looks like the sun has come out.

Been pretty nice for a couple weeks now . Quite a bit better than the first 7 1/2 months of the yr .
    Do something Danke

Currently 87 degrees right now. The high for today was 89.

Calvin Coolidge

Suppose to be 90 and cloudy but no rain. I hate it when it's cloudy and there's no rain. WTF? Either rain or be sunny.

Mr A took the day off and I'm hoping he will drive me around to run errands and take me out to dinner. I need to have a specific place in mind before we leave or he will take me to The Cook Out. It's disgusting but he loves it and it's right in the parking lot where I need to go. You get 5 greasy menu items for around 5.00 and you can upgrade your meal to include a milkshake for a $1 more. He orders us two meals with milkshakes and he eats everything except my bacon wrap and about half my milkshake. And whole time he talks about what a great deal it is and it annoys me because it takes him FOREVER to eat. Mr A can be a cheap ass and he's a very slow eater.

Cloudy right now but I think its supposed to clear up.

Calvin Coolidge

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beautiful sunny morning. The weatherman said it was going to be cloudy today.

Yesterday, Mr A didn't take me to run the errands I wanted to do and he didn't take me out to eat. He ended up working on his tool cabinet. He did take me up to Lowes with him to pick up some screws but I couldn't convince him to take me out for 1.99 margaritas on the way home. He said he would do it today because yesterday was Tuesday and 1.99 margaritas are on Wednesday nights. I'm all messed up because he never takes Tuesday off.

I couldn't even convince him to get in the pool and drink beer with me. I ended up having to hang out with my crazy ass neighbor. She came over and took a swim with me. Mr A can't stand her. He says she has the mentality of a 15 year old girl. Plus, he thinks it's creepy that she comes over here wearing itty bitty bikinis. We have a fair amount of teenage boys lurking around our pool in the summer and it's just inappropriate. I don't think that's what bothers him, though. She divorced her husband and has a 30 year old personal trainer, health nut boyfriend and I don't think he likes her giving me ideas about my divorce, lol. I told him he didn't have to worry. When I get my divorce, I will not get me a 30 year old personal trainer, health nut boyfriend. That man has my crazy ass neighbor rubbing Vicks vapor rub on her body and wrapping herself in saran wrap while she works out. That's $#@!ed up. I'd probably break out in a rash. Crazy ass.

85 out right now. My weather app is telling me the high will be 86.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    85 out right now. My weather app is telling me the high will be 86.
    I checked my Indian Weather Rock . It said it is warm , pleasant and sunny .
    Do something Danke

102 where I'm at in Colorado. At least there's no humidity, I don't miss that about Florida, at all.

Is this an aunt of @Suzanimal ?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pretty damn close. My aunts (most of them are dead, now) were super foxes and would've been holding an alcoholic beverage (not potato chips). No man in his right mind would let a little rain and a tornader stop him from taking one of my drunk aunts out for some sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is this an aunt of @Suzanimal ?

77 right now and the highest the temperature will be today is 85.

Calvin Coolidge

Stormed hard Tue night and again this evening .
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mostly sunny with a high of 95.

I have to work the next three days. I might be able to weasel my way out early today because the other girl is banging the kitchen manager and she likes to stay at work when he's there. He's 35 and married with 4 kids. She's 24 with 3 kids/different dads/none are in the kids lives. What could possibly go wrong?

If I do stay, I will at least have a little fun. My old guys come in and we have a good time ganging up on dick pic Steve.

Cloudy and 90 today. For us, this has been a mild summer. July and August are usually high 90s every day. We have had a lot of rain. But the traditional pattern of hot and humid with afternoon thunder boomers just has not happened. It has been hot, but not as hot as normal.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi