Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris tries to put brakes on 'yellow vest' diesel protests

France's Emmanuel Macron drew fire Monday after criticising an elderly "yellow vest" protester who was badly injured during a demonstration in Nice at the weekend.Macron has repeatedly been accused of lacking empathy and harbouring an arrogant, dismissive attitude towards ordinary people who complain about having difficulties making ends meet.
    Last year he told an unemployed gardener who complained about not finding work after sending out hundreds of applications that he only had to "cross the road" to find a job.
    He also told elderly citizens protesting over pension cuts that the French should moan less, and described people who took to the streets over his reforms to the labour code as "slackers".
    The target of his latest comments was Genevieve Legay, a 73-year-old anti-capitalism activist and grandmother, who suffered a fractured skull Saturday after riot police charged anti-government demonstrators in the Riviera city of Nice.
    Macron, who was in the area Sunday for a meeting with visiting Chinese President Xi Jinping, told the Nice-Matin newspaper that he wished Legay a "speedy recovery, and perhaps a degree of wisdom".
    "When one is fragile and risks being shoved, one does not go to places that are declared off-limits and one does not put oneself in a situation like that," he said.
    The remarks were immediately criticised by Legay's family, which has accused police of using excessive force to disperse the protesters and filed a legal complaint against the authorities.
    Nice prosecutor Jean-Michel Pretre, who is leading an investigation into the incident, said that initial inquiries indicated that Legay "was not touched by security forces" and that she claimed to be unaware the protest was forbidden, despite contradictory comments in a television interview.
    Her family's lawyer Arie Limi argued meanwhile that "you don't criticise someone who is on a hospital bed," and called Macron's remarks "crass and insensitive".
    The hard-left France Unbowed and far-right National Rally, which have been vying to tap support for the "yellow vests", also rounded on the president.
    "Mr Macron, our Genevieve of Nice does not need your lessons in wisdom. You could learn a lot from her. She stands up for the common good. And you, in the name of what are you hitting her?" France Unbowed's firebrand leader Jean-Luc Melenchon tweeted.
    National Rally spokesman Sebastien Chenu, for his part, said it was evidence that Macron "doesn't like the French".

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/macron-under-...201704648.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gotta hand it to the French citizenry.

+rep for staying on top of this.
    Last edited by shakey1; 03-26-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The US MSM blackout is indefensible.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    The US MSM blackout is indefensible.

This is the US/Western MSM that claims that Yellow Vests protests are becoming smaller and smaller if that were true their protests wouldn't had being this huge. I am pretty sure if there were any anti gov protests in Russia or Iran MSM would being claiming that the protests would be in the millions.

The Pro Macron Propaganda is Strong in This Article.
    Macron Debates His Way Out of The Yellow-Vest Crisis

It seems many MSM journalists defend Macron and his gov for only one reason his a globalist and a Rothschild elitist.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by AZJoe; 04-19-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Before Macron crack down on French citizens -

After Macron's crack down on his own citizens -

France begins the false flags:
    France's yellow vest hard-liners are turning to terrorism@TomRtweets https://t.co/ZmNSN5ZBVo
    — Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 2, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yellow Vest protesters marched to the La Defense business park in Paris to denounce “the art of tax optimization,” keeping France’s weekend demonstrations alive amid a big police presence.
    About 6,300 demonstrators nationwide, including 3,100 in Paris, were on the streets on Saturday afternoon, the 21st weekend in a row of protests, according to the Interior Ministry. That compared with 5,600 last week.
    Large areas of Paris and several regional cities have been declared off limits to the protesters since an eruption of violence last month, when anarchists sacked and burned stores and restaurants on the Champs-Elysees boulevard.

Scuffles broke out Saturday between police and protesters in Rouen, Agence France-Presse reported. Paris police searched more than 10,000 people at various locations as a preventive measure and arrested 28, AFP said.

More at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...iness-district

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mainstream News Media and their propaganda are pushing heavy agaisnt the protesters once again. Remember this the same Fake News MSM that claimied that Yellow Protesters numbers were about to brush off.

AP news is pushing an propaganda article yet again.

Protesters, numbers slipping, in French street for 21st week
    What sources they used? of course Interior Ministry and French Media.

The Interior Ministry counted 22,300 participants nationwide and 3,500 in Paris, French media reported. Those were the lowest numbers since the yellow vest protests started on Nov. 17. The movement routinely contests the government’s protest attendance figures.
    Mainstream News Media wants you the reader and viewer to pretend that there never was any protests in France and that everything is ok!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RI0HU

If you read the Fake News Media, the Fake News Media are only citing the France goveremnent source of the protests numbers.

Turnout on Saturday was down sharply with 22,300 demonstrators nationwide, according to government estimates, compared with 33,700 a week earlier.
    In mid-November nearly 300,000 people had demonstrated across France.
    I am sure the government estimates are very reliable as the so called Macron national debate. Which Macron himself already said he wont change anything. So what was the point of his National fake debate? saving his image.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1RI0HU

If you read the Fake News Media, the Fake News Media are only citing the France goveremnent source of the protests numbers.

I am sure the government estimates are very reliable as the so called Macron national debate. Which Macron himself already said he wont change anything. So what was the point of his National fake debate? saving his image.
    Anyone should know that the government numbers are a lie but even if they were true it is amazing that 22,000 people are still turning out after all this time.
    Many people will have had to tend to their real lives or have been scared away by the police brutality.
    Even the government numbers mean serious trouble and brewing rebellion.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Large areas of Paris and several regional cities have been declared off limits to the protesters since an eruption of violence last month, when anarchists sacked and burned stores and restaurants on the Champs-Elysees boulevard.
    Sad. No respect for roads, no respect for businesses. Just chaos.

These anarchists are probably of the anarcho-capitalist variety, since they're targeting businesses.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-08-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Protesters aren't calling for just tax cuts they want his Rothschild face and mouth out of office. Macron so far is just further proving to the French people that his not a president that fights for the French people but rather the interest groups that put him into power at time when Obama was president for 8 years.

These morons really thought that they could imploded the liberal polices so quick without any resistance from traditionalist Euporean Families.

France: Police Inadvertently Tear Gas Screaming Children During Yellow Vest Protest

Second clip shows riot cops clubbing people in a Burger King

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Macron's going to be fine long after nationalist-idiot Britain (soon England: sans Scotland, N. Ireland, and even Wales) is gone.

It was an error to not veto the continued English dithering, but this Halloween deadline will surely (and must) be the last.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yellow Vest protests to continue, banned near Notre Dame. Also, claims a computer glitch caused the computerize fire-detection system to misidentify where the fire was occurring.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

More clashes broke out on Saturday between Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vest) protesters and French riot police during the 23rd straight week of protests across France. Police had arrested 137 protesters by 15:40 CEST (3:40 PM local time), according to Euro News.

Authorities warned that they expected the protests to be more violent following the catastrophic fire at Notre-Dame Cathedral on Monday. Some demonstrators took issue with the approximately 1 billion euros ($1.12 billion) pledged so far to restore the landmark by some of the country's wealthiest families, including the owners of luxury groups LVMH and Kering, the Bettencourt family behind the L'Oreal beauty empire, and scores of companies such as BNP, Total, Société Générale and Sanofi, according to Euro News.
    Several demonstrators clearly alluded to the catastrophic fire at Notre-Dame cathedral on Monday, which prompted an outpouring of national sorrow and a rush by rich families and corporations to pledge around 1 billion euros ($1.12 billion) for its reconstruction.

"Millions for Notre-Dame, what about for us, the poor?" read a sign worn by a demonstrator. "Everything for Notre-Dame, nothing for the miserables," read another sign that evoked Victor Hugo's well-known novel. -Reuters

https://twitter.com/eha_news/status/1119599435514818560

The police siad that "violent groups have formed in the procession," and asked that nonviolent Yellow Vests "disassociate yourself from these groups, let law enforcement and emergency services intervene."
    If this footage was from Russia, Syria, or Venezuela, rather than #France today, it would be televised incessantly all across our mainstream media. #YellowVests #GiletsJaunes pic.twitter.com/fZf6MJzi1L
    — Sarah Abdallah (@sahouraxo) April 20, 2019
    Talking to reporters on Friday, Interior Minister Christophe Castaner, said that intelligence services expected rioters to take to the streets in several cities including Toulouse, Montpellier and Bordeaux but "most particularly in Paris."
    "The rioters have visibly not been moved by what happened at Notre-Dame," Castaner added, criticising the "polemic" and "the most absurd conspiracy theories" that surfaced following the blaze at Notre Dame Cathedral on Monday. He also condemned calls made on social media to protest near the ravaged monument.
    "The threat is serious and calls for a reinforced presence," he said. -Euro News
    #Paris Very tense atmosphere Republic Square with new violent arrests by police forces #Giletsjaunes #Yellowvests #Acte23 #Macron #France #ActeXXIII #Europe
    pic.twitter.com/XWOTwC8Eo8
    — nonouzi (@Gerrrty) April 20, 2019
    A security perimeter will remain around Notre-Dame until Monday, while some 60,000 police officers were deployed across the country.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...a-137-arrested

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1119631575921176576

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast