Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Henchmen Violently Arrest Assange! Show Trial To Follow.

Imagine North Korea claiming an American journalist, without stepping foot in North Korea, broke North Korea law by cooperating with a North Korean whistleblower to publish evidence of embarrassing serious crimes and corruption committed by the NK regime. Then China or Russia or Turkey or Mexico arrests the American journalist for deportation to North Korea for a show trial and punishment because “he broke the law”.

That is exactly what the empire is doing to Assange.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-13-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! Hillary Clinton.
    $#@! Donald Trump.
    Long live Julian Assange!

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Thou Shalt Not Reveal The State.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When 5 million people show up at the court house to protest, it might be kind of difficult to convict.
    Feh... are you kidding? Theye don't give a rat's ass what you think, or I, or the rest of us.

Assange is almost certainly toast. Question is: will they charge with treason and will they execute? That eventuality might get the people riled.

Also: note how OLD Assange appears. Is it me, or did this whole ordeal constitute a life-consuming sacrifice? I wonder whether he now feels it was all worth it.

Also^2: Since they are going to railroad him to some deeply unpleasant fate, I am wondering whether he is going to give some serious thought to a court statement or his last words, such as the case may come.

Also^3: If perchance Theye decide not to risk the potential fallout of executing him, anyone want to take bets as to whether he outlasts Jeff Dahmer's tenure in prison?

I have noticed on StupidBook how many "libertarians" (more like Lily-liVertarians) are calling for his death, saying he is a traitor. They are, of course, trolls. Nobody could be THAT stupid and yet be able to breathe without an iron lung, so... I hold some decent ability to compartmentalize, but these guys write the book on it. To be able to hold a purported love of liberty, hatred of state, and yet deem Assange a traitor... WTBF? To me this is like trying to grok how a spider deals with the input of eight eyes all at once.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Question: would pardoning Assange work in Trump's favor, or against?

Can't we just drone Hillary?

What a s$#@!.

Finally, mewonders how Theye are going to prove that Assange helped hack into DoD machines. For one thing, how would it have been in Assange's interest to do so, given what I am sure he knew to be the consequences were he to be caught? Unless Assange is a true fruitcake, this bit doesn't track with rationality. It's not like he is a 17 year old idealist commie punk bent on "taking it down".

I must therefore suspect that mountains of false evidence is to be fabricated, as well as testimony. Could it be that Manning was given the skate in exchange for the promise that if the day came, it would testify in strict accord with instruction against Assange? This doesn't even skirt the edges of far-fetchèdness.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    ANALYSIS: Deep state behind arrest of Julian Assange in last-ditch desperate effort to take down Trump with forced “confessions”

Thursday, April 11, 2019 by: Mike Adams

ANALYSIS: The arrest of Julian Assange was actually triggered by DOJ AG William Barr telling the world that yes, Obama’s deep state operatives spied on Trump campaign officials. Now, the deep state is in a total panic, and they are pulling out all the stops to try to frame Trump and derail the DOJ investigation that will reportedly lead to criminal indictments by June.
    I will believe it only after I witness them all hanging by their lifeless necks. Until then, this is all bull$#@!.

Those likely to be indicted include Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe, John Brennan, James Clapper and many others who attempted to carry out treason against America, as President Trump stated today. They attempted a coup; they got caught; and now they are going to face the legal consequences of their lawless, criminal actions. (The entire left-wing media was also part of this criminal conspiracy against America… will the fake news journo-terrorists ever face arrest for their role in the plot?)

I cannot help but think that the author lives on a turnip truck.

But the deep state isn’t dead yet. They still run large groups of operatives inside the State Department,

If this is so, there must be a basis for the assertion. If the author has it, then the WH MUST have it as well. If the WH has it, Trump would be within his authority to fire and $#@!-list every one of them, not to mention having them charged, tried, convicted and hung by their pencil necks until so very cold and stiff. He has not, which would seem to imply that Trump either has no such information, or is himself a traitor. I don't think the latter case can yet be made. If he is, he is playing his game brilliantly.

The other possibility is that the author is full of baloney.

Seriously, if what is alleged is true, Trump has all the authority in the world to quietly spirit each of the guilty away to Gitmo where they may be held indefinitely, incommunicado, to be tried and executed for treason. I will not say that it is RIGHT, but that NDAA and PATRIOT lend him these powers. Given this, his failure to act inspires no confidence, all else equal. Of course, little else is likely equal and we may be once again in the "but he's executing his brilliantly patient and oblique master plan" mode. That also may be the case, but Trump needs to toss his supporters a bone, and I mean a real one... screw that stupid ass wall thing. To that point, just start shooting as they come across. They will wise up rapidly. What the cortex lack, the midbrain provides.
    s
    the FBI and even the DOJ. And traitorous globalist criminal Barack Obama sits on top of all these groups, running “the resistance” from his command bunker near the Capitol in D.C. Make no mistake: Obama is behind the arrest of Julian Assange, and the gambit here is to pressure Assange to fabricate accusations that implicate President Trump in the “Russia collusion” hoax that has already imploded.

Oh $#@!'s sake man... now THIS demolishes credibility in a hurry. Obama is an errand boy; a filthy but useful mongrel idiot. He doesn't have the power of my left nut. OK, that's pretty foigin' powerful, but you know what I mean. He doesn't command Michael, much less anything more.

Corrupt Democrat Senator Joe Manchin has now declared Julian Assange to be “our property,” claiming it will, “be really good to get him back on United States soil.” Where, obviously, he can be tortured at will by Obama deep state operatives. Note that this Democrat senator refers to a human being — Julian Assange — as government “property” in much the same way plantation owners once categorized their own slaves as “property.” Is it any wonder the KKK was a creation of southern Democrats like Joe Manchin?

Manchin is subhuman chud. Being a southern Democrat, they's all be niggrahs needs a be kep'ohn d'plantashin. That the people of WV have proven so stupid as to put him in for a second term leaves me wondering whether I need to find a new state in which to live.

Julian Assange will now be physically tortured by Obama’s deep state operatives
    If Assange can be forced to testify against Trump by inventing false “facts” that the media can run with, it could revive the Russia collusion hoax and pressure Barr to back off at the DOJ, thereby preventing Obama’s foot soldiers (Brennan, Clapper, etc.) from eventually turning on Obama and fingering the former president for his role in criminal treason against the United States of America.

Author's idiotic Obama obsession aside, this is very plausible. I'd not thought of it yet, but yes, I agree that there exists a good chance of this. After all, the Democrats have nothing to lose as they are at an existential nexus. If Theye manage this, we'd all better start praying for Civil War^2 to commence, because if they succeed, the democrats will be resurrected and America will be gone sooner than later.

If President Trump pardons Assange, that act will be labeled “obstruction of justice” and set off calls for a whole new Mueller investigation.

I don't think Trump is that stupid. The author fails to consider the possibility that Trump will have watchdogs all over this. It's not as if the gaypimp Obama can waltz about dishing the orders to the impotent stares of Trump. In fact, I suspect Obama risks great harms were he to be caught at it. Trump retains the advantage. I would put Marine MGS all over this, 24x7, in triplet, to observe every aspect of Assange's treatment. They would be accompanied by nothing less than a full squad of armed Marines whose sole purposes would be to protect the master sergeants and affect arrests upon anyone, Obammy included, who wander the least epsilon from the book of procedure. Assange would be questioned and nothing more. The lay of a single hand on him would result in immediate arrest and rendition to Gitmo for a little fun time, or being shot on the spot, no questions asked.

Trump had better handle this smartly. He should put me in charge of oversight. Never happen, of course, but nothing would get by me.

For similar political reasons, Trump is very unlikely to pardon Julian Assange right now, even though that would be the ethical action here. Instead, Trump will likely work behind the scenes to apply pressure to the deep state operatives who have kidnapped and are planning on torturing Assange.

Bull$#@!. Trump holds the authority to protect Assange from Themme in a way that cannot be construed as obstruction. Of course, the media can turn a goldfish into a 57 Cadillac, but they would do this no matter what Trump says or does, to I see no downside. In addition, I would put Assange's accommodations on 24x7 publicly-accessible AV surveillance, except for his toilet and changing space. No interaction would be private. All questioning would be there for the public to observe, live. Trump COULD do this, and IMO it would keep everything beyond reproach. I would also restrict physical access to Assange such that interrogators could not pass him written notes, removing the possibility of delivering threats covertly.

None of this is perfect, mind you, but it would go a LONG way toward securing Assange and keeping everyone's hands on the table. It would also go a long way toward establishing trust through transparency. Trump could set precedents that would represent sea-changes in how it all is done, in far closer line with how it SHOULD be done.

If those individuals can be exposed and expelled from government, Assange may only face a relatively minor sentence for “hacking,” and an ethical judge might even grant Assange seven years of credit for “time served” as a prisoner in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

Ethical judge... for THIS? NFW. The most secured, bought and paid for judge will be assigned the case, guaRONtee.
    Last edited by osan; 04-14-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I think it would help in his favor. I also hang in full blown hard line conservative boards where they have put him on a pedestal and he can do no wrong. Before Trump ran for office the common consensus was that Assange was a traitor to our nation. Now even 95% of these warhawks are calling Assange a hero and understand that wikileaks played a huge part in getting Trump elected. Trump's own hard line voter base is calling for a pardon. And believe it or not... Snowden also.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 04-14-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Pence and the other neoconservatives have been spending a lot of time in South America, and it’s not just to overthrow Maduro in Venezuela. The Ecuador negotiation has been in the works for a while.

Pence pressed Ecuadorian president on country's protection of Julian Assange
    by Gabby Morrongiello | June 28, 2018

Vice President Mike Pence discussed the asylum status of Julian Assange during a meeting with Ecuador's leader on Thursday, following pressure from Senate Democrats who have voiced concerns over the country's protection of the WikiLeaks founder.
    More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...julian-assange
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In his favor.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In his favor.
    Doubt it will happen since his spokeswoman says Trump was joking when he said "I love Wikileaks" over and over and over during the campaign. He is trying to distance himself from Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Doubt it will happen since his spokeswoman says Trump was joking when he said "I love Wikileaks" over and over and over during the campaign. He is trying to distance himself from Assange.
    Maybe he is distancing himself so he can claim impartiality when he pardons him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm still hanging on that quote of your words my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe he is distancing himself so he can claim impartiality when he pardons him.
    Just like he pardoned everybody charged by Mueller. He had also promised to pay their legal bills. Reneged on that too. If you are no longer useful to Trump, he has no use for you.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Just like he pardoned everybody charged by Mueller.
    Time will tell.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Julian Assange’s Victory

Throughout history, dark and reactionary forces have always attempted to control the world; by violence, by deceit, by kidnapping and perverting the mainstream narrative, or by spreading fear among the masses.

Consistently, brave and honest individuals have been standing up, exposing lies, confronting the brutality and depravity. … Many were cut down; most of them were. New comrades rose up; new banners of resistance were unveiled. To resist is to dream of a better world. And to dream is to live. …

What is it that the critics of Wikileaks are holding against Mr. Assange? That the snitches and the agents of the Western empire got ‘exposed’? Is the world expected to feel pity for them? Are tens of millions of victims supposed to be forgotten just so that the members of the Western intelligence services and their lackeys could feel safe and protected?

As the Metropolitan Police dragged Julian Assange from the Ecuadorian embassy in London into a van, the entire world could catch a glimpse of the naked essence of the Western regime; the regime in action – oppressive, gangrenous, murderous and vindictive.

But we should not forget: the regime is not doing it because it is confident and strong. It is actually terrified. It is in panic. It is losing. And it is murdering, wherever it feels ‘vulnerable’, which is, all over the world. Why? Because the millions, on all continents, are waking up …

It is because they now know the truth. It is because the reality cannot be hidden; the brutality of Western global dictates is something that no one can deny any longer. Thanks to the new media in countries that have managed to free themselves from Western influence. And of course, thanks to heroes like Julian Assange, and his comrades.

Julian Assange has not fallen. He was stabbed, betrayed. But he is here, he is alive, with us; with the millions of those who support him, admire him, and are grateful to him for his honesty, courage and integrity.

He confronted the entire Empire; the most powerful, evil, destructive and brutal force on earth. And he managed to damage its secret organizations, consequently spoiling some of the plans, therefore saving lives. All this can be considered a victory. Not the final victory, but a victory nevertheless.

By arresting Assange, the empire showed its weakness. By dragging him from the embassy into a police van, it has admitted that it already has begun sewing its own funeral gown.

Just like he pardoned everybody charged by Mueller. He had also promised to pay their legal bills. Reneged on that too. If you are no longer useful to Trump, he has no use for you.
    When do Presidents typically do their pardoning?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When do Presidents typically do their pardoning?
    Since when is Trump "typical"? Trump has pardoned seven people since he became President. https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardo...t-donald-trump

I think it works in his favor . Others may not .
    Do something Danke

One possible explanation for all of this ‘chatter’ is that Donald Trump is about to undertake a deep-sea expedition for something much larger than Julian Assange. Unless the Republican leader’s declared intention along the campaign trail to ‘drain the swamp’ was mere rhetorical bombast, then Assange may turn out to be Trump’s unlikely and unwitting ally in an operation of almost unfathomable depth and implications. More on that in a moment.

There is also the question of Russiagate. It goes without saying that Trump would covet an opportunity to settle scores with the Democratic Party over that witch hunt, which, in cahoots with the mainstream media, stalked the US leader and his administration for two painstaking years. And even now, after the release of the Mueller Report, the Democrats refuse to throw in the towel and are plotting to interrogate the interrogator himself, Robert Mueller. This is where Julian Assange might help halt the madness, although that is not to suggest, of course, that he is necessarily predisposed to such an opportunity. Yet he may find himself with no choice in the matter. Before continuing with that line of discussion, there are some rather strange things about the Assange case that need mentioning.

Just weeks after the final nail was hammered into the ‘Russiagate’ investigation, British police arrested Assange, who is wanted in the United States for his efforts to “break a password to a classified U.S. government computer,” according to the Justice Department indictment. That is a serious federal offense, and far worse than just publishing leaked materials. In other words, it appears Trump has the legal goods on the WikiLeaks leader.
    The weakness of the US charge against Assange is shocking. The allegation he tried (and failed?) to help crack a password during their world-famous reporting has been public for nearly a decade: it is the count Obama's DOJ refused to charge, saying it endangered journalism. https://t.co/xdTQ8xauB0
    — Edward Snowden (@Snowden) April 11, 2019
    Another thing worth mentioning about the Assange case is Donald Trump’s purported disinterest in WikiLeaks, as well as its famous founder. “I know nothing about Wikileaks. It’s not my thing,” the US leader told a huddle of reporters inside the Oval Office. On the question of Assange, Trump remarked, “I know nothing really about him,” saying that he would leave the matter to his freshly minted Attorney General, William Barr. Alleging that he has no interest in the work of Julian Assange sounds highly implausible since it was WikiLeaks that opened up the can of worms against not only Hillary Clinton, but the Democratic National Committee, which in turn led to the Russians and the two-year Mueller debacle. Thus, for Trump to display indifference to the Assange case looks like a straight-faced poker player keeping his cards close to his chest.
    Finally, the mainstream media, which disseminated the story that Assange worked with the Russians to exploit Hillary Clinton and the DNC’s computers, have naturally cheered his arrest. The Washington Post, for example, declared he was “no free-press hero,” while the Wall Street Journal called for “accountability,” saying, “His targets always seem to be democratic institutions or governments.” The 21st Century Wire, attempting to make sense of it all, asked in a headline, ‘Why has the Guardian declared war on Assange and WikiLeaks?’
    Trump, meanwhile, has been vilified as an anal-retentive Republican, hell-bent on keeping a deadbolt on America’s vault of dark secrets, who will extradite the journalist back to the US where he will pay the ultimate price. Who knows? There is even talk he’ll be whisked off to Guantanamo Bay.
    For those who accept that story at face value, I’d say you’ve been hoodwinked.
    Julian Assange’s arrest and possible extradition has practically nothing to do with Chelsea Manning and her infamous leaks. That’s because that leaked data has absolutely no bearing on the political realities of today. Ten years ago, they were a very big deal and worth pursuing; today they are ancient history. Unfortunate and tragic ancient history, to be sure, but ancient history nonetheless.
    If you want to get to the bottom of what is really happening with Julian Assange, your time would be far better spent thinking less about Chelsea Manning, and more about the late Seth Rich, who was murdered on the early morning of July 10, 2016 in Washington, DC.

For those who may have forgotten, and it seems that many have, Rich, 27, was the Director of Voter Expansion Data at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) at the time of his death. In other words, he would have been in the loop to view emails showing foul play inside of the DNC. What kind of foul play? Well, for starters, deliberate efforts to marginalize Bernie Sanders in favor of Hillary Clinton, who responded to the arrest of Julian Assange with her trademark cackle before remarking, “The bottom line is that he has to answer for what he has done, at least as it has been charged.” For Hillary Clinton that means wrecking her chances at the White House.
    Incidentally, it was at this time in history, in July 2016 during the release of the incriminating DNC emails, when the perennial bogeyman Russia was wheeled out as not only the source of the emails, but the kingmaker in the US election as well.
    At this point, it is important to emphasize that there is no proof to suggest that Rich had anything to with leaking the DNC emails to WikiLeaks. In fact, to merely suggest such a thing has been given the ‘conspiracy theory’ stamp of disapproval by the establishment. Yet that has not stopped the flow of mysteries. For example, Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by the Rich family to investigate the death of their son, said he had sources at the FBI who “absolutely” confirmed that there was evidence on Rich’s laptop that indicates he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death. However, just days after divulging this explosive information, Wheeler backtracked on his statement, calling his on-air comments a “miscommunication.”
    For what it is worth, Snopes has called the claims that Rich leaked the emails as “false.”
    Yet, there remains the circumstantial evidence, namely Rich’s untimely death, as well as its uncanny timing. There also remains the question of his supervisory position inside of the DNC, and the assertion that the DNC emails were not discovered by hackers, but rather a leaker. In other words, an internal source at the DNC. Whether or not Mr. Rich was that source remains questionable, however, Julian Assange not only referred to Seth Rich during an interview, he offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of his killer or killers.
    “Whistle-blowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks,” Assange said in an interview with a Dutch television station. “There’s a 27-year-old who works for the DNC, who was shot in the back, murdered, just two weeks ago, for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington.”
    When pressed for more information, he said, “I’m suggesting that our sources take risks and they become concerned to see things occurring like that.”
    On the basis of that comment, Assange could potentially be called to testify as a witness should the authorities decide to reopen the case of Seth Rich’s murder.
    This leads us to the million-dollar question: were the DNC computers hacked by the Russians or was the data leaked by an internal source at the organization and forwarded to WikiLeaks? The answer to that question would not only settle the ‘Russian meddling’ mystery once and for all, it would determine how the DNC/Clinton emails were compromised.
    #MuellerReport: What’s About To Unfold Is The Real Story | Read | https://t.co/vRkV2IbWti
    — Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) April 20, 2019
    Many people are of the opinion it was not the Russians.
    William Binney, a former National Security Agency official-turned-whistleblower and member of Veterans Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), co-authored a report (entitled, “Why the DNC was not hacked by the Russians”) that says the WikiLeaks dump was the result of a leak by “a person with physical access to the DNC’s computer system.”

“The NSA had an opportunity to make it clear that there was irrefutable proof of Russian meddling, particularly with regard to the DNC hack, when it signed on to the January 2017 ‘Intelligence Community Assessment,’” Binney wrote.
    Instead, the NSA could only say it has “moderate confidence,” which means, in intelligence speak, “we have no hard evidence,” the pair concluded.
    Meanwhile, there remains the question as to how any conclusion could have been made when the DNC refused to hand over the compromised computer servers to the FBI.
    “We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” former FBI head James Comey told lawmakers in October 2017. He added that he didn’t know why the DNC refused the FBI, which was forced to rely on data provided by CrowdStrike, a private security firm hired by the DNC.
    Following the release of the Mueller Report, which failed to find any proof that Trump colluded with the Russians, there remains a glaring yet unproven accusation that needs addressed: that is the allegation that the Russians somehow fixed the election in Trump’s favor.
    Although the mainstream media may be ignoring Binney’s findings, that doesn’t mean everyone is. In October 2017, Binney paid a visit to CIA headquarters, at the invitation of Donald Trump, where he met with then agency director Mike Pompeo, as cited by The Intercept.
    Any guesses whose name was brought up in the course of the meeting between Binney and Pompeo? Yes, that of Seth Rich. Again, whether or not that proves to be significant remains an open question.
    But make no mistake. Donald Trump would like nothing more than to remove the ugly footnote that the Democrats have tacked to his presidency that says the Russians “succeeded beyond their wildest dreams,” to quote former intelligence chief James Clapper, by stealing the White House from Hillary Clinton. In other words, Trump does not deserve to be president, the Democrats continue to chant mindlessly. And even after the Mueller Report talk of impeachment continues to hang in the air. The only way to confront the insanity is to have Mr. Assange testify in the United States, possibly as the result of a plea bargain, about his knowledge of Russiagate.
    In fact, such an arrangement had been made before. In January 2017, Assange’s lawyer Adam Waldman “negotiated with the Justice Department on a possible deal to get the WikiLeaks founder limited immunity and safe passage out of a London embassy to talk with U.S. officials,” according to a report by The Hill.
    In your opinion, is Assange a hero or a villain?
    — Bill Mitchell (@mitchellvii) April 11, 2019
    Among other things, Assange would have been expected to “provide technical information to the U.S. ruling out certain suspects in the release of hacked DNC emails key to the Russia case…”
    But the negotiations hit a snag and – according to a source cited by John Solomon of The Hill – James Comey told Assange’s lawyer to “stand down” on the offer.
    Now, considering that many of the ‘old Obama guard’ – like James Comey, the fired FBI director, and Department of Justice official Bruce Ohr – are no longer steering the investigation, there remains the possibility that the Trump administration will be willing to hear what WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has to say about the greatest witch hunt in the history of US politics. Assange’s testimony, should it happen, may even help solve the mystery of the Seth Rich murder.
    In other words, don’t believe that Russiagate has concluded. Indeed, it may have only just begun.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...e-once-and-all

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12