Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studies Reveal Women, Even Feminists, Prefer Chivalrous Men

Studies Reveal Women, Even Feminists, Prefer Chivalrous Men

A new study from University of Kent and Iowa State University scientists reveals that women, even those who have deem themselves feminists, are attracted to men who espouse “benevolent sexism” (BS) and engage in chivalrous behaviors.
    The Daily Mail reports the research was collected from five study groups, the largest of which contained 233 women and the smallest with 104. The participants were asked to evaluate scenarios of interactions from men, ranging from men who engaged in kind behaviors perceived as sexist to men who treated women as complete equals and offered no special treatment. The female participants were then asked to rate the men’s “warmth and attractiveness.”
    In the study, published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, scientists learned that women preferred the chivalrous men who viewed women as individuals who need protection. According to researchers Pelin Gul and Tom Kupfer, that mentality would be deemed as “patronizing” and classified as “benevolent sexism” by feminists, but the research suggests that women are programmed to overlook those “harmful consequences.” Benevolent sexism is different from what is considered hostile sexism, the Daily Mail notes, such as the perception that "a woman's place is in the kitchen."
    The research shows women are hard-wired to look past the downfalls of benevolent sexism because men guilty of it are “willing to invest (protect, provide, and commit),” the abstract explains.
    “Women find benevolent sexist [BS] men attractive, not because they are ignorant of the harmful effects, but despite being aware of them,” the scientists found. "This suggests that the desirable aspects of BS attitudes and behaviors are sufficient to overcome the perceived negative effects.”
    “Our proposal is that women approve of BS attitudes and behaviors because they are taken as cues that a man is willing to invest by being protective, providing, and committed,” the researchers added.

The researchers found that even feminists who advocate for sameness amongst the sexes desire the BS male.
    “Evidence shows that many women — even those who desire [equal] relationships — want a man to be chivalrous, by, for example, paying for dates and opening doors for them,” wrote the researchers. “Furthermore, the finding that high feminist women, and not only low feminist women, rated a [sexist] potential romantic partner as more attractive despite being more aware of the detrimental effects, suggests that the attraction may be a mate preference for women in general, and not just for women who endorse traditional gender roles.”
    This is just the latest study to underscore once again that there not only exists biological traits that differentiate the sexes, but that women are attracted to traits that are innately masculine.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...chivalrous-men
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chivalry plus having good looks. If you don't have good looks you're pretty much screwed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Edward III was a sex symbol in his age and tyme even though he seldom cheated on his Queen.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yeah, right, sorry woemen...you had your chance.

You're powerful, fierce...you need no man for anything...so figure it out for yourselves.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-03-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, right, sorry woemen...you had your chance.

You're powerful, fierce...you need no man for anything...so figure it out for yourselves.

They want everything, they want contradictory things.

An individual might be found that is human but for now the group is stark raving mad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Chivalry plus having good looks. If you don't have good looks you're pretty much screwed.
    Nah. Deck stacked against you? Sure. Screwed? Not entirely

I’ve seen a couple zeroes score 7-10’s. Very rare, but it happens. Takes a lot of charisma and confidence, but it happens.

You have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Nah. Deck stacked against you? Sure. Screwed? Not entirely

I’ve seen a couple zeroes score 7-10’s. Very rare, but it happens. Takes a lot of charisma and confidence, but it happens.

You have a chance!
    ^^^He's right. Make her laugh. Plus, you're (understandably) thinking like a man. Women (in general) don't place as high a value on looks as men do. That's not to say you shouldn't be clean and reasonably groomed but I never really felt sexual attraction to a man until they made me laugh. Just giving you a female perspective.

“Sexiness wears thin after awhile and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that is a treat.”
    ― Joanne Woodward
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno , Danke has a girlfriend .
    Do something Danke

We just call that manners here in Texas. I’m just as likely to hold the door open for a man as he is for me. That being said there’s a lot of young punks with zero manners.

Well if you’re butt ugly maybe but generally .i’ve known really good looking guys who were also jerks so....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    ^^^He's right. Make her laugh. Plus, you're (understandably) thinking like a man. Women (in general) don't place as high a value on looks as men do. That's not to say you shouldn't be clean and reasonably groomed but I never really felt sexual attraction to a man until they made me laugh. Just giving you a female perspective.

“Sexiness wears thin after awhile and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that is a treat.”
    ― Joanne Woodward
    I make Mrs. AF laugh all the time...it has not helped.

She's supposed to laugh at your antics not at you..

My wife quit laughing at penis-copter and naked bunny rabbit years ago. All I've got left are my good looks and my ability to fix all of the $#@! she breaks. I don't think she gives a damn about my chivalry. If I couldn't fix things I think she'd leave me.

I thought they prefer BBC.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    My wife quit laughing at penis-copter and naked bunny rabbit years ago. All I've got left are my good looks and my ability to fix all of the $#@! she breaks. I don't think she gives a damn about my chivalry. If I couldn't fix things I think she'd leave me.
    Yah, a handyman that pays all the bills...I feel ya bro, and I don't even have the good looks to fall back on.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I thought they prefer BBC.
    Mrs. AF honestly likes UK Top Gear/Grand Tour.

It must have helped, she hasn't left you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It must have helped, she hasn't left you.

He makes good money and is gone all the time.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

― Joanne Woodward

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

On the nosey.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.

It gets worse with age . Mine cannot remember anything so I have to remind her tomorrow about all the $#@! she broke and I fixed today .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    That being said there’s a lot of young punks with zero manners.
    No kidding. I have advanced arthritis in both knees. I use a cane. It is amazing the lazy @$$ young men who won’t get off the bench at Target so I can sit down to wait for meds.

I always look people in the eye and express thanks when they show common courtesy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    We just call that manners here in Texas. I’m just as likely to hold the door open for a man as he is for me. That being said there’s a lot of young punks with zero manners.
    Exactly.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nvm
    Last edited by donnay; 07-05-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

YMMV.

“The most important thing is love," said Leigh-Cheri. "I know that now. There's no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon."
    Leigh-Cheri sent that message to Bernard through his attorney. The message continued, "I'm not quite 20, but, thanks to you, I've learned something that many women these days never learn: Prince Charming really is a toad. And the Beautiful Princess has halitosis. The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and the vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. Loving makes love. Loving makes itself. We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love. Wouldn't that be the way to make love stay?"
    The next day, Bernard's attorney delivered to her this reply:

Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.

Leigh-Cheri went out in the blackberries and wept. "I'll follow him to the ends of the earth," she sobbed.
    Yes, darling. But the earth doesn't have any ends. Columbus fixed that.”
    ― Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

All I know is Mrs O is lucky to have me .
    Do something Danke

Nice thought that maybe this can be turned around, but I doubt it.

Something as yet undetermined is chemically castrating men, the few left that do not succumb are smart enough to avoid modern woemen like the plague, so the most important thing that attracts men to woemen, sex, is no longer a factor.

Without the power of the pussy, to be crude, there is nothing a modern woeman has to offer a man anymore...they won't or can't cook, clean, maintain a household or raise children, they may provide a second income but that usually comes with strings attached, they are as tender and feminine as a granite slab with tattoos and if in need of comfort they have the bedside manner of a rattlesnake dipped in battery acid...in short, they bring nothing to to the table but drama, bitterness, nagging and the very real possibility of total and utter financial and emotional ruination.

Chivalry is dead because women killed it

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...killed-it.html

By Suzanne Venker - 30 April 2018

A friend of mine whose mother died recently was going through her parents’ memorabilia and unearthed a Western Union telegram from 1954 that her father sent her mother just before they married. Here’s what it said:

Darling, I shall be waiting for you at eight. With a lifetime of expectancy. My heart will be coming with you down the aisle. May God be with us tonight as we pray we will always be with Him. Thank you for becoming my wife. My love forever yours, Henry

Several days after I’d read this note, I came across this miserable tripe on Facebook: “Chivalry is harmful to both men and women,” relays the woman in the video. “because it reinforces this idea that women need to be helped or saved by a stronger man. And it takes away a woman’s agency.”

The video is part of an "Unpopular Opinion" series on Facebook, a concept that in theory I’d support. But there’s nothing unpopular about a video that sells the same tired message feminists have sold for years and subsequently became the status quo: that men and women are “equal” and should therefore be treated the same.

Women can open their own doors, pull out their own chairs and take care of themselves, women have argued for years. “I’m strong enough to do all these things,” notes the woman in the video, who identifies herself as Emily Panic, as she flexes her arm muscles to viewers.

Men only changed because women did. That’s because men are born to please women. Modern woman don’t know this, for they’ve been conditioned to think of men as oppressors. But it’s true.

“And what’s the deal with guys giving up their seats on the subway?” she adds. “If you do give me your seat, and I take it, I don’t have to talk to you. Please don’t talk to me, okay? I got like 20 podcasts loaded on my iPod that I would rather listen to than you. That’s not meant to be mean. I just don’t want to talk to you.”

The stark contrast of the Western Union telegram and this video depicting modern gender relations speaks volumes.

If there’s one common theme in the media today about the relationship between women and men, it’s the claim that there are no good (read: marriageable) men left. Well, gee, I wonder why that is?

It’s clear as day why that is. The relentless message from women and society that men have nothing special to offer—that not only is their income unnecessary, so is their chivalrous behavior—has built a wall between the sexes the size of Mount Everest.

Funny thing, though, the equality meme hasn’t translated to women paying for their own dinner or asking men to marry them. Why is that? Could it be that deep down, women know something’s lost when men and women are viewed as the same? Could it be there was something special about men being men and women being women?

In the days when men were chivalrous, women held a different kind of power than they do today. Feminine power is far more potent than the power a woman gleans in the marketplace. But women don’t access it. And they reject masculinity as well. Today’s universities are in fact offering programs specifically designed to quash male nature.

And still women wonder why there are no more Henrys. Mature, respectful, marriage-minded men like him have vanished. Can we blame them?

Fortunately, as I wrote back in 2012, women have the power to turn it all around—because they are the relationship navigators. Men only changed because women did. That’s because men are born to please women. Modern woman don’t know this, for they’ve been conditioned to think of men as oppressors. But it’s true.

Any woman who wants what Henry and his wife had—and who wouldn’t?—can have it. It will take time because women have made a real mess of things. Nevertheless, they can begin by rejecting the narrative in this video. Instead, embrace chivalry. Praise chivalry. Praise men, for God’s sake!

And then watch what happens.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.

LOL , yes AF is a top of the list husband .
    Do something Danke

Nicked from another website...

When you are cold you seek my warmth,
    when you are weak you want my strength,
    when you want defending you call for my courage,
    when you feel feminine you demand my chivalry
    when you want sex you want my body

and you always want my money

And when you don’t want me
    I am a rapist
    a predator
    a creep
    a toxic masculine throwback
    everything you wanted me for becomes a weapon you use against me.

and of course you still want my money.

And when you call out for me
    You will find I am not there at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast