Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amazon is worse than Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Sounds like Target is possibly set to be scooped up by Amazon. . . I know Target also not too good company to shop from, but if this deal goes through I will definitely never buy another thing from there.
    We have one of those near me but I never use it . Cannot really say what they are like .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Target must be having a hard time. Last year they sold their pharmacy to the devil, or CVS, depending on how you look at it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Parking lot is always full at the one closest me on the rare occasion I drive by there .

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Target must be having a hard time. Last year they sold their pharmacy to the devil, or CVS, depending on how you look at it.
    So who is not devil?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Profits that they reinvest in the company are still profits though, not "would be profits."

But you make a good point. The chart only compares one variable, profits. It would tell a totally different story if they used a different one like market cap.
    Sorry for the late reply but in order to dominate the market companies often run at a net loss to gain marketshare, before reaping in the profits at a later date. That's why Amazon is priced so highly. It is poised to reap in the profits in the future with such a gigantic marketshare. So by spreading yourself out and expanding into things which start out as unprofitable you can keep your net profits down. This is not to be confused with cash flow which is a different kind of "profitable".
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 01-30-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Amazon patents wristband that tracks warehouse workers' movements

Bracelet, which can vibrate to point an employee’s hand in the right direction, would further increase surveillance of work environment

Amazon has patented designs for a wristband that can precisely track where warehouse employees are placing their hands and use vibrations to nudge them in a different direction.

The concept, which aims to streamline the fulfilment of orders, adds another layer of surveillance to an already challenging working environment.

When someone orders a product from Amazon, the details are transmitted to the handheld computers that all warehouse staff carry. Upon receiving the order details, the worker must rush to retrieve the product from one of many inventory bins on shelves, pack it into a delivery box and move on to the next assignment.

The proposed wristbands would use ultrasonic tracking to identify the precise location of a worker’s hands as they retrieve items. One of the patents outlines a haptic feedback system that would vibrate against the wearer’s skin to point their hand in the right direction.

The result? Human workers can fulfil more orders – until robots develop the dexterity to replace them altogether.

The wristbands are, according to the patent documents, first spotted by GeekWire, designed as a labour-saving measure to keep track of products throughout the warehouse.

A less generous interpretation would be that the wristbands provide Amazon management with new workplace surveillance capabilities that can identify the workers wasting time scratching, fidgeting or dilly-dallying.

Amazon already has a reputation for turning low-paid staff into “human robots” – working alongside thousands of proper robots – carrying out repetitive packaging tasks as fast as possible in an attempt to hit goals set by handheld computers.

This month, the 24-year-old warehouse worker Aaron Callaway described having just 15 seconds to scan items and place them into the right cart during his night shifts at an Amazon warehouse in the UK. “My main interaction is with the robots,” he said.

In 2016, a BBC investigation found that agency workers making Amazon deliveries reported defecating in bags, speeding and falling asleep at the wheel as they desperately tried to hit ambitious delivery targets issued by an Amazon logistics app.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...tband-tracking
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @donnay - I think we misunderstood what AI actually is. Its not a silicon based computer chip, AI is powered by HUMAN BRAINS who are programmed and 100% controlled.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    @donnay - I think we misunderstood what AI actually is. Its not a silicon based computer chip, AI is powered by HUMAN BRAINS who are programmed and 100% controlled.
    That's why you can only use 10% of your brain. The rest is running government $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That's why you can only use 10% of your brain. The rest is running government $#@!.
    Well, what ever will I do with the remaining 89.9% since I dont exactly have a habit of obeying govt?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    So who is not devil?
    I do most of my shopping at Rural King ,Menards , Home Depot the butcher , sometimes the Dollar Store , Dollar Tree or Lowes , yard sales , flea markets etc . I really do not use Walmart , Amazon , Target , Kroger , Ali Babba etc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234