Thread: OH-18 y/o delivers live unwanted baby, buries it in backyard

Exclamation OH-18 y/o delivers live unwanted baby, buries it in backyard

'Good girl' cheerleader charged with killing, burying newborn

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/23...g-newborn.html

Published July 23, 2017 Fox News

An 18-year-old Ohio cheerleader was charged with reckless homicide after the remains of her newborn baby were found in her backyard, according to reports.

Brooke Skylar Richardson was charged Friday after evidence showed the child “was born alive and was not a stillborn baby,” according to Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell, reports Fox 5 New York.

The newborn’s remains were discovered last week in the backyard of her Carlisle, Ohio, home, reports the Dayton Daily News.

The baby’s remains were reportedly discovered because of a tip from a doctor's office.

The prosecutor's office is reportedly still waiting on the coroner to determine the baby’s official cause of death.

Richardson pleaded not guilty to the charges on Friday.

Her attorney, Charles Rittgers, told reporters on Friday that Richardson is a “good student” who graduated high school recently, where she was a member of the school's cheerleading squad.

“She didn’t drink. She wasn’t a partier or smoker,” Rittgers said, reports the Dayton Daily News. “By all measures, a very good girl who helped children... She’s by all means a very good person.”

Richardson was bonded out of the Warren County Jail. Her preliminary hearing date was set for Aug. 1. If convicted, she could face up to five years in prison.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “She didn’t drink. She wasn’t a partier or smoker,” Rittgers said, reports the Dayton Daily News. “By all measures, a very good girl who helped children... She’s by all means a very good person.”
    o_O

At least she wasn't a partier or smoker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Well , I never buried anyone alive but I did drink a lot of beer and I smoked .
    Do something Danke

I once smoked with a baby. Does that count for anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I once smoked with a baby. Does that count for anything?
    Depends. Who brought the cigarettes?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Depends. Who brought the cigarettes?
    Mister Cheswick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If only she'd killed her child a few months earlier, government would have supported her....

It's always the good ones... KURWA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    If only she'd killed her child a few months earlier, government would have supported her....
    TRUTH.
    There is no spoon.

5 years max for murdering her own child? It doesn't get much more sick than that. I think they rushed the charge and gave her the wrong one.

Make her rot in prison. 1st degree murder. She planned it, executed the plan, then disposed of the body.

This has nothing to do with abortion. I view that with equal contempt, but to kill your own live baby? 5 years? Holy smokes. I bet you can find people in that state serving longer sentences for selling pot.
    No - No - No - No

By all measures this may be true. There is a lot missing from this story. And there is a lot there.

The lot that's there is that the prosecutor is charging her...

Brooke Skylar Richardson was charged Friday after evidence showed the child “was born alive and was not a stillborn baby,” according to Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell
    ...and yet...

The prosecutor's office is reportedly still waiting on the coroner to determine the baby’s official cause of death.
    Wow.

Then there is the missing. As the "good girl" did her pregnancy cause her family to ostrasize her? At 18 was she living at her parents home or was she turned out? Seemed it was her own backyard. Did she have a religious background in which she could have found solace in the church as an intermediary? Did she not have any aunts or uncles, grands, if her immediate family that might have helped her through this?

I'm not judging at this point. Nor am I giving mitigating or aggravating consideration until I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    5 years max for murdering her own child? It doesn't get much more sick than that. I think they rushed the charge and gave her the wrong one.

Make her rot in prison. 1st degree murder. She planned it, executed the plan, then disposed of the body.

This has nothing to do with abortion. I view that with equal contempt, but to kill your own live baby? 5 years? Holy smokes. I bet you can find people in that state serving longer sentences for selling pot.
    Not to be crass or “mean”, but what good would throwing her in prison do? The “liberty” movement traditionally stood for justice reform. That means (among other things) rational issuance of punishment. Throwing the girl in a cage won't make her victim whole. All it will do is profit the prison industrial complex and keep the girl bored for a while at taxpayer expense.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Not to be crass or “mean”, but what good would throwing her in prison do? The “liberty” movement traditionally stood for justice reform. That means (among other things) rational issuance of punishment. Throwing the girl in a cage won't make her victim whole. All it will do is profit the prison industrial complex and keep the girl bored for a while at taxpayer expense.
    Murderers shouldn't get to roam free. And she's going to prison already, but for the wrong amount of time.

If her dad had killed the baby he would be getting murder 1 and 20+.
    No - No - No - No

What about the father of the dead baby?

Did it have a name? It's not really a person until it has a name.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What do you think should be done to murderers? I'm assuming you oppose capital punishment again but you can correct me if I'm wrong. Nothing is going to bring the baby back but I don't know anyone who wants murder to be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Warren County Ohio . It is named after Dr Joseph Warren who died at Bunker Hill . I somehow doubt he would approve of burying live babies .
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-25-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Did it have a name? It's not really a person until it has a name.
    You're slippin'!

Without a SSN government can't recognize it as a person..........

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You're slippin'!

Without a SSN government can't recognize it as a person..........
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

covered

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

And covered, again.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What do you think should be done to murderers? I'm assuming you oppose capital punishment again but you can correct me if I'm wrong. Nothing is going to bring the baby back but I don't know anyone who wants murder to be legal.
    Depends.There are degrees of murder. I of course oppose capital punishmentfor a number of practical, moral, and ethical reasons. In every caseof murder, the defendant-if proven guilty beyond reasonabledoubt-should be compelled to make whole the victim. In the case ofmurder, the “victim”would be the spouse and/or immediate family.(the most literal victim is dead, of course) As in any proceeding,the plaintiff(s) must decide on how much they want to sue for indamages.

Depends.There are degrees of murder. I of course oppose capital punishmentfor a number of practical, moral, and ethical reasons. In every caseof murder, the defendant-if proven guilty beyond reasonabledoubt-should be compelled to make whole the victim. In the case ofmurder, the “victim”would be the spouse and/or immediate family.(the most literal victim is dead, of course) As in any proceeding,the plaintiff(s) must decide on how much they want to sue for indamages.
    So the thug who killed the Australian woman should just cough up some money, and then he can go kill someone else when he saves up enough? How much should Planned Parenthood pay in blood money to be allowed to stay in business?

Not trying to be snarky, but this is the problem I see with cash getting you off for murder. Billionaires could kill anyone they get pissed at and get away with it. A poor guy could just declare bankruptcy.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

So the thug who killed the Australian woman should just cough up some money, and then he can go kill someone else when he saves up enough? How much should Planned Parenthood pay in blood money to be allowed to stay in business?

Not trying to be snarky, but this is the problem I see with cash getting you off for murder. Billionaires could kill anyone they get pissed at and get away with it. A poor guy could just declare bankruptcy.
    With your typical murder, you actually want to imprison the murderer to protect other people in society from being murdered.

The problem with this murder is that she killed her own newborn child, because it was her newborn child, so there is no reason to believe that anybody else exists in the entire world at this moment who would be in danger of being murdered by her.

An abortion doctor, on the other hand, has a large supply of otherwise healthy fetuses that he could go out and murder.

This woman would have to get pregnant again in order to murder her child, and then who in society, who is actually funding the police and court system, is she hurting? Whether or not abortion should be legal or illegal, is moral or immoral, does it make sense for somebody to pay for an investigative team to go out to a different area or town that and find out if a woman who they have never and will never meet had a miscarriage actually used a clothes hanger or something?

That's what bothered me the most about this story, is that the doctor reported this girl had a suspicious miscarriage and they went and investigated. Is that what being pro-life is about? Sending investigative teams out to investigate miscarriages?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Like I said quite clearly, there are degrees. A trained jurist would be able to know from expert testimony if a murderer is a danger to others and needs to be locked away from society. If that is the case,I have no problem with that. (We have lots of cops who need to be locked away too, but that's another story) Agreed?
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-25-2017 at 02:18 PM.

With your typical murder, you actually want to imprison the murderer to protect other people in society from being murdered.
    The 'typical' murderer murders their loved one(s)...

Society at large usually isn't in danger.

Do you think in a few months after she feels remorse she will be able to adopt a newborn child?

Like I said quite clearly, there are degrees. A trained jurist would be able to know from expert testimony if a murderer is a danger to others and needs to be locked away from society.
    Seems to me murder is murder. The crime isn't that they are a danger to society in the future, it's that they needlessly took another person's sacred life. You can't pay that back. If some guy murders his cousin so he can inherit all his grandfather's fortune, he might not be a threat to the rest of us since we aren't in the will, but he has taken a life, and of course he has shown he is willing to take life. With things like theft justice is a pretty simple subject. With things like murder it's hard to see how there can be any justice if you rule out the death penalty. Life in prison may be an option but that will cost innocent people millions to keep him alive till he dies. Putting a mere price tag on a human life is an insult to the murdered though imo. You can't murder the ones I love for a cash price and get away with it alive, life doesn't work that way and society shouldn't allow that.

If that is the case,I have no problem with that. (We have lots of cops who need to be locked away too, but that's another story) Agreed?
    A badge doesn't absolve someone of murder, if that's your point I agree.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-25-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Do we have a coroners report yet? That might clear up some issues for me. I'm sure it is an emotionally driven case for the prosecutor and that is why he is going ahead with it. There's also the possibility that the child was still born and the mother, distraught and unthinking, buried the child in the yard instead of making a bigger issue of an untenable one. I dunno. I'm not going to rush to judgement because a D.A. wants to make a case.

Seems to me murder is murder. The crime isn't that they are a danger to society in the future, it's that they needlessly took another person's sacred life. You can't pay that back. If some guy murders his cousin so he can inherit all his grandfather's fortune, he might not be a threat to the rest of us since we aren't in the will, but he has taken a life, and of course he has shown he is willing to take life. With things like theft justice is a pretty simple subject. With things like murder it's hard to see how there can be any justice if you rule out the death penalty. Life in prison may be an option but that will cost innocent people millions to keep him alive till he dies. Putting a mere price tag on a human life is an insult to the murdered though imo. You can't murder the ones I love for a cash price and get away with it alive, life doesn't work that way and society shouldn't allow that.
    Well,what else do you hope to get? Killing the killer won't bring yourloved one(s) back to life. It just makes you a killer, and no justice is done. Justice=compensating a victim. Nothing more, nothing less. (except, as we discussed prior, those instances such as when a person is demonstrably so dangerous they have to be institutionalized to protect specific people or society generally)