Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFK's Son Arrested For Trying To Take His Own Baby Out Of Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He is entrusted with our future leader.
    I thought he has a daughter?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I thought he has a daughter?
    This ain't Spain.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.

At risk of repeating myself, going into the Hospital is about the same as going into jail. And never underestimate the power trips that occur at the lower levels, in this instance, nurses and security guards.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Around here, as soon as the baby is born they put in a lojack ankle bracelet. If you attempt to take the baby out of the hospital the whole building locks down. The only way to disarm it is to remove the device, which is done only after you checkout and are leaving the hospital. Its there because there are plenty of psychos that try to steal babies. Just a few months ago there was a lady dressed like a doctor with stolen credentials that tried to kidnap a kid in a hospital my wife was working at.

If he didn't like the agree upon rules he didn't have to have the baby in their hospital.
    Rules aren't laws. Keeping people against their will is considered kidnapping, even if they entered of their own free will.

And because she had a c-section, one could even make the case they they were there under duress.

There actually aren't "plenty of people" who steal babies, btw. The fact that you believe that there are only means the media has successfully brainwashed you to instinctively distrust your fellow humans, and instead look towards "authority" to keep you safe. Corporate America - protecting the children!

Not to say that it doesn't ever happen, only that it's actually very rare compared to every other evil the world has to offer a baby.
    Last edited by angelatc; 02-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.

If he didn't like the agree upon rules he didn't have to have the baby in their hospital.
    Agreed upon "rules"? Agreed upon by whom? "Abandon all rights all ye who enter here." Is that written somewhere?

To continue with the Southpark references, if you fail to read the iTunes and Hospital 90 page policies, they may sew your mouth to someone's ass.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Brain was a good guy, but..

BAN!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Brain was a good guy, but..

BAN!
    Brain is tired. Neurons must need a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Brain is tired. Neurons must need a rest.
    Well, it could be forgiven. But i always enjoyed a good banning.

So

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I don't think he did anything wrong. He was taking his newborn out for some fresh air and the medical staff were attempting to detain him and take his baby. They should have known that he was the father....
    Last edited by AFPVet; 02-26-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Four words:

Mid Wife.

Home Birth.

Opt out of the system.

The schools, the hospitals, the prisons, it's all the same.
    +rep! I just had my 2nd birth at home 6 weeks ago. Best decisions I ever made even though it hurt like hell.
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    Pfft. There's a Mexican woman who actually survived giving herself a c-section at home.

Now that's a bad-ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In%C3%A9s_Ram%C3%ADrez
    Holy wowza!!!
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There actually aren't "plenty of people" who steal babies, btw. The fact that you believe that there are only means the media has successfully brainwashed you to instinctively distrust your fellow humans, and instead look towards "authority" to keep you safe. Corporate America - protecting the children!

Not to say that it doesn't ever happen, only that it's actually very rare compared to every other evil the world has to offer a baby.
    "plenty" and "rare" depend on your point of view I suppose. From people I know that work in those fields they claim it isn't all that rare to find strangers prowling such areas and they didn't institute these lock-down policies because they don't happen. You want to twist it into looking for authority or "Corporate America - protecting the children", pfft. It is more like them covering their own asses and with good reason. If I had my kid in a hospital and somebody kidnapped it, it would not be pretty and it would probably end up costly.

Two more words: Cesarean Section.
    Most C-sections are planned. Most doctors do them because they fear lawsuits, there's more money to be made doing C-sections, and the patients are in and out, which free up more deliveries for the doctor.

"Today, nearly one-third of all babies born in the United States are delivered surgically via Cesarean section—a considerable increase over C-section rates in past years. In 1970, C-sections were performed in only one of 20 births."

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/la...-sections-rise

"Doctors say mothers are demanding more frequently to have labor induced, which makes them twice as likely to have a C-section. Doctors who fear malpractice lawsuits also may turn to cesareans more."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...rths-cesareans

"Reports and research studies have noted a steady climb in C-section rates in the last decade. Some reports claim doctors are at fault because they are more willing to perform C-sections despite the huge risks associated with major surgery during pregnancy. Other studies claims women are moving toward a comfortable, planned pregnancy that they can control. It seems the latter of the two just received a bit more support. A new study found women are more likely to have a C-section because they are scared of childbirth."

http://www.babymed.com/cesarean-sect...ore-c-sections

I started to see this trend back in the 1980's when I had my first child. We took Lamaze classes and there were 16 couples, and only two of us has vaginal births.
    Last edited by donnay; 02-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Most C-sections are planned. Most doctors do them because they fear lawsuits, there's more money to be made doing C-sections, and the patients are in and out, which free up more deliveries for the doctor.
    It helps in making your tee time ontime as well.

Quote Originally Posted by freeforall View Post
    +rep! I just had my 2nd birth at home 6 weeks ago. Best decisions I ever made even though it hurt like hell.
    I don't suppose that a +rep will make up for that ...

Two thoughts

(1) The obvious of parents not having control over their own children at the behest of their "betters".

(2) The LOL at one of the Mandarin class being snagged in the rules the mundanes must obey.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I think that the hospital was given the task of providing care for the child and mother. If the father wanted to take the child outside for air it seems that it would have been prudent to inform the staff responsible for the infants care of his desire to bring the child outside before just leaving with the infant.

Doesn't matter. Either you believe the doctor and the mother knew what's best for them and their individual situation and it's really none of your business, or your a condescending jerk who belittles and demonizes people who make different decisions than you did.

And for the record, I had one of each, and would happily tell you what you can do with your judgement calls on people you know nothing about, but I don't want to get banned.
    Last edited by angelatc; 02-27-2012 at 12:01 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think that the hospital was given the task of providing care for the child and mother. If the father wanted to take the child outside for air it seems that it would have been prudent to inform the staff responsible for the infants care of his desire to bring the child outside before just leaving with the infant.
    No, they're pretty much tasked with caring for the mother. The baby is in the hospital as a patient only as a courtesy, because the mother is recovering from surgery. If she had a vaginal birth, they would have already been home.

"plenty" and "rare" depend on your point of view I suppose. From people I know that work in those fields they claim it isn't all that rare to find strangers prowling such areas and they didn't institute these lock-down policies because they don't happen. You want to twist it into looking for authority or "Corporate America - protecting the children", pfft. It is more like them covering their own asses and with good reason. If I had my kid in a hospital and somebody kidnapped it, it would not be pretty and it would probably end up costly.
    But there's the brainwashing. Maybe I'm just older than you, but when I was young, the maternity ward wasn't locked down, and babies just didn't disappear with great frequency. Now, people actually believe there are strangers lurking on every corner waiting to snatch babies and children because the media tells them it happens all the time. Call it the Nancy Grace effect.

And your reaction - blaming the hospital for allowing it to happen, instead of blaming the criminal who actually took the baby is just another indicator that the American thought process is damaged beyond repair.

I believe the lock-down policies were instituted, largely in response to parental demand, as part of the mass hysteria the media creates at the behest of corporate America, happily scaring clients into buying their shiny new security systems. We're not safe anywhere, you know.

Doesn't matter. Either you believe the doctor and the mother knew what's best for them and their individual situation and it's really none of your business, or your a condescending jerk who belittles and demonizes people who make different decisions than you did.

And for the record, I had one of each, and would happily tell you what you can do with your judgement calls on people you know nothing about, but I don't want to get banned.
    Excuse me? I wasn't making a judgment on your personal choices--a little defensive eh? Nevertheless, It most certainly matters the amount of c-sections that are being preformed! You can look up the statistics yourself and see the trend, in the last few decades how many c-sections have been made and not because of emergencies. So you can take you little attitude and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine--Have a nice day!
    Last edited by donnay; 02-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I believe the lock-down policies were instituted, largely in response to parental demand, as part of the mass hysteria the media creates at the behest of corporate America, happily scaring clients into buying their shiny new security systems. We're not safe anywhere, you know.

It's far simpler than that. The price of a lawsuit over a stolen baby is greater than the price of a security system. Simple corporate math.

No, they're pretty much tasked with caring for the mother. The baby is in the hospital as a patient only as a courtesy, because the mother is recovering from surgery. If she had a vaginal birth, they would have already been home.
    If the baby has not yet been discharged then the hospital would still have liability and responsibility. Hospitals, doctors, and nurses are big targets for lawsuits. I think that until the child is officially discharged or an official Leave of absence is completed the hospital is responsible for the child. There are many rules/regulations regarding the discharge of infants from hospitals. Healthcare providers that do not follow established rules are subject to lawsuits and could lose their license. The father should have expressed his desire to bring the child outside. If the facility disagreed, the family, father/mother could have had the child discharged into the fathers care.

It's all about control. It's not just a badge and a gun anymore. The government databanks tie into the medical community too. Wake up folks!!

Do you know after your baby is born in the hospital they tell you before you leave, your baby has to take a phenylketonuria (PKU) Test. Did you know they take that blood and put into a state (State laws vary) DNA database without my consent or knowledge?

http://www.cchfreedom.org/pr/NBS&Parents_Brief2.pdf
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great...showtopic=3881
    http://www.theagitator.com/2010/02/1...atabase-watch/
    http://www.themayborn.com/TexasDNAShowdown.html
    http://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech...formed-consent
    Last edited by donnay; 02-27-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Its HER body, Its HER choice, its HER kid. CLEARLY any MAN trying to leave the hospital with a fetus or baby, is UP TO NO GOOD!

"Today, nearly one-third of all babies born in the United States are delivered surgically via Cesarean section—a considerable increase over C-section rates in past years. In 1970, C-sections were performed in only one of 20 births."

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/la...-sections-rise

"Doctors say mothers are demanding more frequently to have labor induced, which makes them twice as likely to have a C-section. Doctors who fear malpractice lawsuits also may turn to cesareans more."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...rths-cesareans

"Reports and research studies have noted a steady climb in C-section rates in the last decade. Some reports claim doctors are at fault because they are more willing to perform C-sections despite the huge risks associated with major surgery during pregnancy. Other studies claims women are moving toward a comfortable, planned pregnancy that they can control. It seems the latter of the two just received a bit more support. A new study found women are more likely to have a C-section because they are scared of childbirth."

http://www.babymed.com/cesarean-sect...ore-c-sections

I started to see this trend back in the 1980's when I had my first child. We took Lamaze classes and there were 16 couples, and only two of us has vaginal births.
    It helps in making your tee time ontime as well.
    there is truth in all those points.

especially in the .mil communities. tricare pays less than medicaid for OB care/labor & delivery and doctors, understandably have a business to run.

my son was a week "late"-- he was birthed at home. and i'll tell you what, my midwife made hour long appointments and i was there with her the whole hour (and her previous appointments were always leaving when i was getting there-- likewise with me leaving) talking and getting to know each other.

now, i fully understand that not all women can have vaginal births, but i'd reckon a thought that some of the inductions and c-sections going on are due to scheduling reasons, not medical reasons. in fact, i can vouch for that. my best friend just had her third child-- she was scheduled to go in to be induced before the baby's due date and not for medical reason, but naturally went into labor 3 days before her scheduled induction.

personally, i avoid hospitals because i do not like them, so having a baby "au naturale" in a hospital wasn't even on my radar screen.

but to each her own.

the control factors work all over the place. hospital, doctor, patient, state. i chose what i felt gave me the most control and it was the right choice for me.

this is a really unnerving story, however. free standing birth centers (i had my daughter in one) are fabulous.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to flightlesskiwi again."

Thanks for backing my point--some people need to refresh their reading skills before making baseless attack posts to forum members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12