Thread: Background to the Constitution | Robert LeFevre

Background to the Constitution | Robert LeFevre

CONstitutional history that we were never taught in school. Imagine that.

https://mises.org/library/background-constitution
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I listened to the entire video, again. Hopefully others will too before commenting.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I listened to the entire video, again. Hopefully others will too before commenting.

It's interesting stuff that sheds a whole new light on the subject.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's interesting stuff that sheds a whole new light on the subject.
    LOL, what, that people love chains? And will defend it to the end?

Seriously WELL worth the listen.

LOL, what, that people love chains? And will defend it to the end?

Seriously WELL worth the listen.

To be fair, a lot of the information that LeFevre presents has been very carefully withheld from Americans for a very long time. Hell, I’ve been a pretty avid student of early American and CONstitutional history for most of my life and I didn’t even run across this stuff until I was almost 40. Can’t blame people for never having heard it, only for failing to adjust once they have.
    Chris

/////
    Chris

/////
    Beat me to it ;-)

To be fair, a lot of the information that LeFevre presents has been very carefully withheld from Americans for a very long time. Hell, I’ve been a pretty avid student of early American and CONstitutional history for most of my life and I didn’t even run across this stuff until I was almost 40. Can’t blame people for never having heard it, only for failing to adjust once they have.
    Ya know @CCTelander, it just dawned on me... people are soooo stuck on that CONstitution that they will consider anybody who rejects it treasonous, yet they scratch and claw to destroy the very Bill of Rights which were amended to it.

Which leads me to believe, once the Bill of Rights they no longer wish to defend and protect are once and for all finally eliminated, they will have the perfect document to enslave them forever.

I mean, just look at the responses in many of these threads.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya know @CCTelander, it just dawned on me... people are soooo stuck on that CONstitution that they will consider anybody who rejects it treasonous, yet they scratch and claw to destroy the very Bill of Rights which were amended to it.

Which leads me to believe, once the Bill of Rights they no longer wish to defend and protect are once and for all finally eliminated, they will have the perfect document to enslave them forever.

I figured out the whole CONstitution thing when I was a tween & am still blown away by how unedumacated most are.

Of course, I was lucky enough to be home-school-UN-schooled, so real learning was easy for me.
    There is no spoon.

Again, to be fair, if their life experience was anything like mine from Kindergarten up through Jr. High we had to say the Plaedge of Allegiance every single day at school. You know the ritual, stand up, put your hand on your heart and reverently recite the incantation. We also had to memorize certain parts of the CONstitution, and even after the left had started deconstructing American history, there was still a certain amount of reverence shown for it.

If you were raised in any way conservative, as I was, you were taught that the Founding Fathers were a monolithic body of geniuses who bordered on being deities and that the CONstitution itself was certainly Divinely inspired, sanctioned by God Himself, and created the most "perfect" form of government ever known to man. You had these ideas inculcated into you constantly.

It's no wonder that CONstitutionalists tend to be just a bit dogmatic about their precious parchment. The fact that virtually everything they were taught about it was wrong, or misleading never even gets through.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I figured out the whole CONstitution thing when I was a tween & am still blown away by how unedumacated most are.

Of course, I was lucky enough to be home-school-UN-schooled, so real learning was easy for me.

It's a LOT easier to find info like this now than it was 50 years ago. Now we have the internet. Back then you had to actually dig up real books, and you needed to have some idea what you were looking for or you'd never find it. Made it easier for TPTB to surpress info thay didn't want us to see.
    Chris

Secession? Or hot air?

Are you in the penalty box? your reputation button is gone.
    Edited to add That was really good...
    Last edited by mt4rp; 10-22-2022 at 07:21 PM.