Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Col. Macgregor says US should De-escalate the War not Escalate

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Regardless of what Putin may or may not be, I don't think it is unreasonable to believe that maybe he and Russia felt backed into a corner after years of (at least partially) manufactured anti-Russia hysteria, not to mention the 2014 coup in Ukraine. This, in conjunction with his personal ambitions, age, and sensing weakness in the illegitimate Biden regime and the West in general, may have all contributed to the decision to invade Ukraine (strike while the iron is hot).
    Zelensky signed mid march 2021 a governmental decree for the reconquest of Crimea. Putin started to mass troops because of that.

The American and European public is oblivious of the small details.

All during 2021, the Ukrainian army moved south and east. Zelensky thought that with Biden's support he could solve the donbass conflict.

16th of February of 2022, Ukrainian army started heavy shelling on the 2014 frontline.

Of course its an illegal invasion.. But that's why Putin does not call it a war. Russian's gas still flows through Ukraine. Contracts are still standing. Russia pays Ukraine lots of money for that gas transit.

For those speaking French, there are very good analysis by Eric Dénécé and Jacques Baud who worked for NATO in Ukraine.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Those around Putin should shoot him in the head and draw down from Ukraine because Russia as no valid business there
    These are words of either cowardice or ignorance. I hope it's the latter.

To say that Russia - as a people - has no valid business in the Donbass, is to say, that it's not a valid use of force to protect your countrymen, your neighbors, from the genocide of literal nazis.

And these are the soldiers motives. Whatever you may think of Putins motives, the soldiers themselves are there to help.

You clearly have a hatred for Putin. Where is your hatred for Zelensky? Who was shelling "his own" people? Who allows his soldiers to torture PoWs? Who allows his soldiers to shoot civilians who refuse to be human shields? Who allows his civilians to beat people to death for the crime of speaking Russian? Who allows his soldiers to capture, torture, and murder anyone who opposes the regime? Who commands civilians to gather at hospitals, schools, train stations, only to bomb them hours later?

Where is your long rants of hatred for him?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What kind of sick $#@! puts mines on the body of a child they tortured and killed, so his family cannot lay him to rest?

The kind that deserves to die, @osan. The kind that deserves to die.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What kind of sick $#@! puts mines on the body of a child they tortured and killed, so his family cannot lay him to rest?
    Not sick. Evil. The condition of sickness is used to excuse. That of evil is not so easily set to such gymnastics.

The kind that deserves to die, @osan. The kind that deserves to die.
    Who has done this?

As for peace, we must be real about such matters: the dead rest peacefully because they are dead. The peace sought by family is not really that of the dead, but of themselves. The peace is that of closure for the living, cold comfort that it may be.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

These are words of either cowardice or ignorance. I hope it's the latter.

To say that Russia - as a people - has no valid business in the Donbass, is to say, that it's not a valid use of force to protect your countrymen, your neighbors, from the genocide of literal nazis.
    So if in the coming 20 years, 30 million Americans (hopefully all progressives) move to Mexico permanently, we would be justified in sending in our troops if the MX "government" were to start treating them poorly, using the same justification of protecting our own?

And these are the soldiers motives. Whatever you may think of Putins motives, the soldiers themselves are there to help.
    Motives, which speaks directly to intentions, count for nothing at all. Imagine I were to kidnap you because in my mind I knew you were possessed of demonic entities. Would it be OK because of my good intentions, as I set flame to the pyre upon which the stake to which you are bound is mounted?

Ukraine is Ukraine, not Russia. The moment a Russian leaves Russia to live in Ukraine, he becomes subject of Ukrainian power. It may not be right; it may be the $#@!tiest deal on the planet, but it is the way things are. The Russians have not been particularly kind to Ukrainians, either - so where do they get off, guilty as they have been in the fatal starvation of six million Ukrainians?

What's good for the goose...

You clearly have a hatred for Putin.
    Nope. You are throwing "hate" around carelessly. If I hated him, I would concoct a plan to destroy him and execute it. I'm doing no such thing. Calling him out for the dregs that he is, does not perforce connote hatred, nor does my suggestion that the best course of action would be to ventilate his cranial cavity with lead. I'd see Zelensky and the rest see the same sticky end.

Where is your hatred for Zelensky? Who was shelling "his own" people?
    I haven made my position on Zelensky abundantly clear in the past, more than once. Hang the bastard until he stops twitching. How many times need I repeat myself?

Who allows his soldiers to torture PoWs? Who allows his soldiers to shoot civilians who refuse to be human shields? Who allows his civilians to beat people to death for the crime of speaking Russian? Who allows his soldiers to capture, torture, and murder anyone who opposes the regime? Who commands civilians to gather at hospitals, schools, train stations, only to bomb them hours later?
    You preach to the choir, thinking it's not the choir. What's really going on here?

More than once I have made clear that part of the proper solution would be to bring every relevant world "leader" to a violent end and to make very certain that each deed is televised to the world as a message to all comers. Then you claim I've remained silent. What's the payoff foryou here? I don't see it.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Who has done this?
    The Ukrainian military. And it was not a 1 time thing. It happens daily.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone is justified in bringing these murderous scum to heel. Russian or otherwise.

I'm not advocating spending anyones tax dollars, but anyone putting an end to these nazi scum lives is morally justified in doing so.
    - Kim Kardashian

The Ukrainian military. And it was not a 1 time thing. It happens daily.
    Not surprising.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone is justified in bringing these murderous scum to heel. Russian or otherwise.
    And what of national sovereignty? You seem to be tap dancing precariously at the edges of a globalist world view. That is not necessarily bad, but that evaluation turns on the totality of the "globalist" reality of which we speak. The standard for the planet today doesn't cut muster in even the least measure.

I'm not advocating spending anyones tax dollars
    Actually, it sounds like you might be.

but anyone putting an end to these nazi scum lives is morally justified in doing so.
    How is it that you know this so certainly? That is neither a rhetorical nor a sarcastic question.

How does one put an army to its end without taxpayer heft?

Would Canada or China be justified in moving troops onto American soil for all the lives destroyed by the IRS? How about the damages done by corrupted US courts? Would Zimbabwe stand within its moral right to assassinate Biden for all the carnage he has wrought on the American economy?

What are the rules here - what delimiters? When is it OK to act? When is it not? What are acceptable responses? Who establishes the standards? By what authority? Against what standard are the standards in question established? We could go on for days in this metaphysical fog.

How's about we all just mind our own fookin' business? Nah... too much work, too little drama.

So if in the coming 20 years, 30 million Americans (hopefully all progressives) move to Mexico permanently, we would be justified in sending in our troops if the MX "government" were to start treating them poorly, using the same justification of protecting our own?
    Aside from the tax is theft part of it - yes. I'm assuming by "treated poorly" you mean the torture and murder of women, children, simply because they are American, then - yes.

If they are genociding Americans, right on our borders, anyone who wants to fight for that cause is morally justified in doing so.

Biden has no right to spend my tax dollars on it. But I'm also not gonna write 5 long winded rants on RPF saying how vile and evil Biden is for starting such a war.

Motives, which speaks directly to intentions, count for nothing at all. Imagine I were to kidnap you because in my mind I knew you were possessed of demonic entities. Would it be OK because of my good intentions, as I set flame to the pyre upon which the stake to which you are bound is mounted?
    If you want to make that argument, that motives don't matter, only the result, then fine. The result here is dead nazis. I am good with that.

Ukraine is Ukraine, not Russia. The moment a Russian leaves Russia to live in Ukraine, he becomes subject of Ukrainian power. It may not be right; it may be the $#@!tiest deal on the planet, but it is the way things are.
    This is coward talk. You are advocating for giving supreme authority to lines on a map. Because tyrants say so.

They are just lines osan. And these lines are drawn and kept by the tyrants you claim to oppose.

If you do oppose these tyrants, you should take joy when these lines are violated. The lines on the map have no purpose but to keep the cows in their statist designated pastures.

The Russians have not been particularly kind to Ukrainians, either - so where do they get off, guilty as they have been in the fatal starvation of six million Ukrainians?
    That was 100 years ago osan. Ukrainians are murdering women and children today. And for the past 8 years.

Nope. You are throwing "hate" around carelessly. If I hated him, I would concoct a plan to destroy him and execute it. I'm doing no such thing. Calling him out for the dregs that he is, does not perforce connote hatred, nor does my suggestion that the best course of action would be to ventilate his cranial cavity with lead. I'd see Zelensky and the rest see the same sticky end.

I haven made my position on Zelensky abundantly clear in the past, more than once. Hang the bastard until he stops twitching. How many times need I repeat myself?
    Forgive me if I don't take your words at face value. You have written how many long rants on Putin so far?

How many long rants on Zelensky?
    - Kim Kardashian

He play piano with his dick,,
    a born leader.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

And for the record, Russians did not leave Russia to live in Ukraine.

Russians living in Russia were one day told they were Ukrainian.
    @osan
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-25-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not surprising.

And what of national sovereignty? You seem to be tap dancing precariously at the edges of a globalist world view. That is not necessarily bad, but that evaluation turns on the totality of the "globalist" reality of which we speak. The standard for the planet today doesn't cut muster in even the least measure.

Actually, it sounds like you might be.

How is it that you know this so certainly? That is neither a rhetorical nor a sarcastic question.

How does one put an army to its end without taxpayer heft?

Would Canada or China be justified in moving troops onto American soil for all the lives destroyed by the IRS? How about the damages done by corrupted US courts? Would Zimbabwe stand within its moral right to assassinate Biden for all the carnage he has wrought on the American economy?

What are the rules here - what delimiters? When is it OK to act? When is it not? What are acceptable responses? Who establishes the standards? By what authority? Against what standard are the standards in question established? We could go on for days in this metaphysical fog.

How's about we all just mind our own fookin' business? Nah... too much work, too little drama.
    The only justifiable reason to intervene in an another country's affairs is to uphold the right to self determination.

If a genocide was happening and they continued to happily wave the flag of their oppressors, I would say, no right to intervene. As you would expect however, most people being genocided usually do reject the flag of their oppressors.

As for the tax is theft part of it... I don't support stealing money for wars. With that said, almost all taxes are collected voluntarily. And by voluntarily, I mean they continue to wave the flag of their oppressors.

I seceded a long time ago. I do not wave the US flag. But most people here do. "Tax is theft" does not apply to them, for they allow their money to be taken willingly.
    - Kim Kardashian

Aside from the tax is theft part of it - yes. I'm assuming by "treated poorly" you mean the torture and murder of women, children, simply because they are American, then - yes.
    Really? That's the line? What about false imprisonment? What about financial destruction and decades of penury?

There are fates worse than death. My point here is that you have chosen a VERY narrow avenue, which in itself might be OK, were it not so wholly arbitrary and ignoring of other crimes that are easily the equals of those you cite.

And then there are the eminently significant practical failings of that which you suggest. Consider human corruption. Consider how corrupt is Mexico- it is their stock in trade, pissing in the vats of Cerveza Corona and taking bribes, just to name two of many flavors. "Hey CHEEEEEECH.... We wan dat California back as part of MEH-hee-coe... How about we send in the army and take it on the pretext dat dee IRS is mean?" Get where I'm going with this? If humans have proven anything, it is that they cannot be trusted to the door where anything political is concerned. And now we're ultra-$#@!ed because there now exists this combination of mass-stupidity and ignorance, coupled with military technologies that cannot be wielded by stupid people without endangering vast populations. Now extrapolate a little and see where that truth brings you. HINT: It ain't far.

If they are genociding Americans, right on our borders, anyone who wants to fight for that cause is morally justified in doing so.
    I do not disagree in principle, but once again the terrain of positive reality varies widely from the map of normative ideals. People are now so wholly head-$#@!ed on the average, how can they be trusted? Were China to send in five million troops, do you think for a minute those soldiers would ever leave? HINT #2: They would not.

Biden has no right to spend my tax dollars on it.
    And yet...

But I'm also not gonna write 5 long winded rants on RPF saying how vile and evil Biden is for starting such a war.
    I'm thinking Biden's made that truth quite clear on his own, to such an extent that even the lame-brained lefties are twigging.

If you want to make that argument, that motives don't matter, only the result, then fine. The result here is dead nazis. I am good with that.
    Your tacit assumption that it is OK to kill NAZIs fails, prima facie. Firstly, if we are going to talk about the wholesale murder of large numbers of human beings without becoming precisely that against which we issue complaint, we'd damned surely had better have in hand a rigorous definition of "NAZI". That definition does not exist, so we're pretty well done here. But ignoring that, what about those NAZIs who don't do bad things? There were tons of Germans who, while technically NAZIs, had nothing to do with the atrocities of the party, and were quite ignorant of what had been happening there. Is is just to murder them? How does that square with righteous action in defense of the innocent, by murdering the innocent?

It seems to me that you are in a mode of pure emotional reaction. You are succumbing to the temptation of labels and the sets they so vaguely define in those cases, perhaps to give simple answers to complex issues that seem to vex you. Vexation is understandable, but your "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" approach is no solution.

This is coward talk. You are advocating for giving supreme authority to lines on a map. Because tyrants say so.

They are just lines osan. And these lines are drawn and kept by the tyrants you claim to oppose.

If you do oppose these tyrants, you should take joy when these lines are violated. The lines on the map have no purpose but to keep the cows in their statist designated pastures.
    You seem fond of calling me a coward. So be it.

As for lines, arbitrary or not, they ARE. They are fact, and the violation of those lines no longer carries with it the same old consequences of yore, where one army stomps into town, rapes, pillages, and murders until they are spent, and then life returns slowly to normal. Now we have strategic weapons that erase entire metropolitan areas in seconds, with ground bursts spreading fallout over tens of thousands of square miles each, leaving those areas uninhabitable for centuries, whether due to irradiation, or heavy metals poisoning. Call them "only" lines until you are blue in the face; it makes no matter in the minds of people who believe in those lines and will turn those keys if called upon to do so because their superiors took a decided dislike to the violation of borders.

Mind is everything. Where it goes, brother ass follows. Just look at the hordes of young people who believe that boys can be girls, and those poor, stupid, seely bastards whose parents have aided and abetted the mutilation of their physical bodies because mind believed they were homosexual Martian goldfish.

We are $#@!ed. The world is $#@!ed. It is $#@!ed because we allowed our minds to stray from a narrow-channel of propriety in human relations. We willfully turned our backs to the practicalities of those relations which best guaranteed the continued survival of the species. And now we are in a generalized state of free-fall with no knowledge of what is it into which we shall crash. It is a gigantic down pillow, or a bed of punji sticks? I'm not betting on the former.

That was 100 years ago osan. Ukrainians are murdering women and children today. And for the past 8 years.
    I see. So you don't subscribe to there not being a statute of limitations where mass slaughter is concerned? You're all over the place on this.

Forgive me if I don't take your words at face value. You have written how many long rants on Putin so far?
    Then don't. I have no horse in this race, but if you want to accuse me of lying, go right ahead. If you see my expressed opinions as rants, then why are we having these exchanges? Why not just ignore me? 2 + 2 is not adding up to 4 here and I'm wondering why, exactly.

Do you really think I have to justify myself? I've made my positions clear. You have chosen to suggest I am a liar.

I'm thinking we are done here.
    Last edited by osan; 04-25-2022 at 05:41 PM.

The only justifiable reason to intervene in an another country's affairs is to uphold the right to self determination.
    Now you whistle a different tune. Before you wrote that it was justifiable to defend people against poor treatment such as torture and morder. By your above statement, it would now seem you have expanded your envelope of justification. What's next, hurt feelings?

Anyhow, this is going nowhere. I write "apples" and you choose to read "oranges". This is a vain pursuit, so let us call it a day.

If this helps you, then you win.

Osan that was a long post. If I spend the time to reply, will you actually read it?

And I'm not intending to call you a liar. Merely... internally conflicted. and/or not stating your position well.
    - Kim Kardashian

Now you whistle a different tune.
    I have been whistling this tune for many years now.

Everything I have written should be understood in the context of that post. (Including "killing Nazi's". If there is such a thing as Nazi's that uphold the right to self determination - then they should be allowed to exist. It is however a simple fact that the current Nazi's in question, do not uphold the right to self determination. As one would expect, you know, from, well, Nazi's.)
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Osan
    You seem fond of calling me a coward. So be it.

As for lines, arbitrary or not, they ARE. They are fact, and the violation of those lines no longer carries with it the same old consequences of yore, where one army stomps into town, rapes, pillages, and murders until they are spent, and then life returns slowly to normal. Now we have strategic weapons that erase entire metropolitan areas in seconds, with ground bursts spreading fallout over tens of thousands of square miles each, leaving those areas uninhabitable for centuries, whether due to irradiation, or heavy metals poisoning. Call them "only" lines until you are blue in the face; it makes no matter in the minds of people who believe in those lines and will turn those keys if called upon to do so because their superiors took a decided dislike to the violation of borders.
    Do you know why the tyrants defend those lines on the map with such ferocity and vigor? Because they understand it's the source of their power.

Even the smallest violation of the "integrity" of those lines of that map, are dangerous. Because it leads to further degradation. Further "violations".

What they understand, fully, is that their ability to control, to enslave, is 100% tied to those lines on a map. People cannot be allowed to redraw those lines, for that destroys their control.

You claim to oppose tyrants. You use words like "mors tyrannis".

But when it comes to lines on a map, you are somehow so fearful of their retribution, that you obediently kneel, expect others to do the same, and further, place blame on those who would fight the tyrants?

What word should I use, besides "coward" ?
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-25-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Your tacit assumption that it is OK to kill NAZIs fails, prima facie. Firstly, if we are going to talk about the wholesale murder of large numbers of human beings without becoming precisely that against which we issue complaint, we'd damned surely had better have in hand a rigorous definition of "NAZI". That definition does not exist, so we're pretty well done here. But ignoring that, what about those NAZIs who don't do bad things? There were tons of Germans who, while technically NAZIs, had nothing to do with the atrocities of the party, and were quite ignorant of what had been happening there. Is is just to murder them? How does that square with righteous action in defense of the innocent, by murdering the innocent?

It seems to me that you are in a mode of pure emotional reaction. You are succumbing to the temptation of labels and the sets they so vaguely define in those cases, perhaps to give simple answers to complex issues that seem to vex you. Vexation is understandable, but your "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" approach is no solution.
    Nazi has no emotional meaning to me. I use the word Nazi because that's what these people literally are - Nazi's.

To the extent that there are "good Nazi's out there", then you can safely replace my use of that word with "tyrant". There is no such thing as a good tyrant.

And a tyrant, is defined as someone who does not make a good faith effort to uphold the right to self determination.

I realize that there may be differing opinions in how that should be judged, "good faith effort", so I will grant that it is vague - but it is not arbitrary. The right to self determination is the foundation of every other right that we claim to have.

your "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" approach is no solution.
    Honest question - do you have a better solution for tyrants? Lethal force is the only thing that historically has proven effective.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-25-2022 at 07:53 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

The Michael Savage Show
    A Path to Peace - With Col. Douglas Macgregor

https://megaphone.link/ADV3001914352
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scott Horton Show: Douglas Macgregor on New Russia and “Hatred in the Plural”

https://megaphone.link/SCHM9314486604

Scott Horton interviews Retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor about the war in Ukraine. Scott recently interviewed William Arkin who believes the Russians are actually losing this war. Macgregor has a very different take, and Scott gives him the opportunity to address Arkin’s argument. Macgregor shares his view of how the war has unfolded so far and how he expects it to evolve.

He believes the Russians will pivot and attempt to occupy Eastern and Southern Ukraine. He thinks a battle for Odessa is looming and that the Russians will succeed in this endeavor.

Scott then asks about reports about the Biden Administration’s new overt intentions to fund another color revolution in Belarus. Macgregor gives his take on how it may happen and then predicts that the Kremlin will respond with similar attempts in Latin America. Lastly, Scott and Macgregor talk about some of the institutional barriers facing those who want to change the foreign policy status quo in Washington.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I look forward to listening to this in full. But quick comment is that, to the extent that Russia is indeed having a "hard time" - its almost entirely due to Ukraine's use of civilians as a human shield. Ukraine military keeps civilians close by at all times... even going so far as mixing civilians into their vehicles when they evacuate. And they shoot civilians who try to leave or escape.

In a war where the future of Russia is truly at stake (e.g. WW III) - I expect these human shield tactics would no longer work (they would just bomb the $#@! out of whoever is there).
    - Kim Kardashian

I look forward to listening to this in full. But quick comment is that, to the extent that Russia is indeed having a "hard time" - its almost entirely due to Ukraine's use of civilians as a human shield. Ukraine military keeps civilians close by at all times... even going so far as mixing civilians into their vehicles when they evacuate. And they shoot civilians who try to leave or escape.

In a war where the future of Russia is truly at stake (e.g. WW III) - I expect these human shield tactics would no longer work (they would just bomb the $#@! out of whoever is there).
    I had it on in the background, missed a lot of it, but I believe that MacGregor mentioned that the Ukraine military's tactic of avoiding open land warfare has been to Ukraine's advantage, and stalled a lot of Russia's military plans. But as you say, it is just a stalling tactic, because Russia is willing to turn cities into flat ground.

Ukraine may have the strongest military in Europe. Shoot we have been training & arming them since 2014

Plus they already were at war with East Ukraine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12