Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Quiz - Name the 5 Things Protected by the First Amendment

Pop Quiz - Name the 5 Things Protected by the First Amendment

Do your best to do it from your own MEMORY and see how you do! There are 5 things listed in the First Amendment, could you name them all?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freedom of speech, Freedom of religion, Freedom of the Press, The right to petition for redress of grievances, the right to assemble.

I'll go check now.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Freedom of speech, Freedom of religion, Freedom of the Press, The right to petition for redress of grievances, the right to assemble.

I'll go check now.

@DamianTV do you want me to delete my answer?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I hate to admit, but I always forget addressing of grievances and right to assemble. I think out of laziness, my brain lumps those two in with the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I hate to admit, but I always forget addressing of grievances and right to assemble. I think out of laziness, my brain lumps those two in with the other three.
    Those and the Freedom of the Press are kind of just extensions of Freedom of Speech.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@DamianTV do you want me to delete my answer?
    Naa, its a good reference. Most people dont know them all, which is alright, but the important thing is to list them so we can learn what we dont know. Then others can learn, and see by comparing to what is protected to what has already been lost.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Religion (forbids Congress from establishing a state religion and protects free exercise of religion), Right to Peaceably Assemble and the Right to Petition for Redress of Grievances.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh, it protects against unwanted pregnancy? That's why we have Planned Parenthood?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Didn't have to look:

Religion
    Press
    Speech
    Right to assemble
    Right to petition government for redress

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    Peaceful Expression.
    Expression is not always peaceful, at least in what is being discussed but not its form. Such as talking about war. Using the term "Peaceful Expression" creates an unintended limit on what can be said, thus, if we talk about war, that can be made illegal. Also, Im not talking about "we should go to war" or condoning violence.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Expression is not always peaceful, at least in what is being discussed but not its form. Such as talking about war. Using the term "Peaceful Expression" creates an unintended limit on what can be said, thus, if we talk about war, that can be made illegal. Also, Im not talking about "we should go to war" or condoning violence.
    I could express myself by murdering your sister and putting her head on a pike. That is violent expression - when you express yourself by violating the Rights of others.

In this world, you can only express yourself violently or peacefully. Talking is not a violent act. Only in the eyes of a tyrant. Peaceful expression aka expressing yourself without violating the Rights of others is articulated in the 1st Amendment but it is given to us by nature and nature’s god.
    Last edited by Gumba of Liberty; 02-06-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Doesn't apply anymore.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The answer is ZERO.

Anybody who cherishes liberty knows that the list of 5 in the 1st are simply an outline for government to take notice. It is up to me, you, the People, to protect our Natural Rights.

Words on a page are just that. They can’t “protect” anybody.
    Last edited by PAF; 02-06-2019 at 09:23 AM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The freedom to yell at the top of my lungs about whatever to whomever I need, without reprisal
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The first amendment protects: unpopular speech, unpopular religion, unpopular press...which allows us to protest all and shine a light on them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It prevents you from yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This is a better discussion in a free speech zone. Properly permitted, of course.

At least the government gets to decide what religions get 501c status.

Trick question. Only the Second Amendment can protect rights.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I'll go check now.
    Close. But you forgot to include "with the proper permits"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Trick question. Only the Second Amendment can protect rights.
    It protects our right to go Hunting.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What good is either without the other?
    Which would you rather have if they were voting tonight and repealing one of them at midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Nope - that’s judicial tyranny. That’s a Supreme Court interpretation during the Progressive Era. The same fallible Supreme Court this ruled Africans aren’t US citizens (Dred Scott v Sanford) and the States had the power to sterlize “imbeciles” (Buck v Bell). Not a good track record of siding with Inalienable, Natural Rights.

Nope - that’s judicial tyranny. That’s a Supreme Court interpretation during the Progressive Era. The same fallible Supreme Court this ruled Africans aren’t US citizens (Dred Scott v Sanford) and the States had the power to sterlize “imbeciles” (Buck v Bell). Not a good track record of siding with Inalienable, Natural Rights.
    They were right about yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.
    The 1stA doesn't protect fraud or libel either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Freedom of speech, religion, and press.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Not according to Ron Paul or Murray Rothbard. That should be up to the theater, should it not?

Not according to Ron Paul or Murray Rothbard. That should be up to the theater, should it not?
    Should it be up to the theater if the person personally kills or injures the other guests?
    If there is no fire then the liar who shouted that there is one is criminally liable for any damages to the other guests or the theater.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Freedom of Religion (forbids Congress from establishing a state religion and protects free exercise of religion)
    Technically says 'Congress shall make no law respecting establishment of religion.'

That is, just can't make any law on the subject, neither for nor against. It is up to the states. They could have an established state religion, ala Massachusetts, or total religious anarchy, ala Virginia. Just none of the Feds' business; can't get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    They may have been right, but it was for entirely the wrong reason ...

Holmes used the supposedly "unprotected speech" of "falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic" (his exact words) as an analogy for the supposedly "unprotected speech" of speaking out against the military draft during World War One. This is a terrible and utterly bogus analogy. because the former (dangerously disrupting a place of public commerce) has nothing to do with "speech" (except perhaps incidentally[1]), while the latter (openly criticizing government policy) has everything to do with it.

[1] "Falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic" should not be tolerated. But causing a panic in a theater by falsely triggering a fire alarm without ever uttering a word should not be tolerated, either - and for exactly the same reasons, no more and no less. The fact that a verbal element is incidentally involved in the "shouting" scenario is irrelevant to the substance of the question. The issue of "speech" ("protected" or otherwise) simply does not enter into the matter.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast