Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Northern Pass ad started running today!

Exclamation The Northern Pass ad started running today!

Will be in for a week. (it's a weekly paper) Granite State News page B2.

I hope it reaches a few people, if I get any response at all, I'll try it in some of the other NH papers.

Huge hat tip to D.A.S. for formatting the layout.

In this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-be-THE-issue.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-25-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That will reach people! Good job!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." —Jonathan Swift

Great job bud, thanks for being so aware and working to get that ad out

Awesome. Good job.

If the ad is run elsewhere later on should we highlight the comparison between Romney and Paul more? Just thinking out loud.
    Again, great to see this!

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    Awesome. Good job.

If the ad is run elsewhere later on should we highlight the comparison between Romney and Paul more? Just thinking out loud.
    Again, great to see this!

+rep
    Not sure...I just jumped on this because it's something I am opposed to, a great many people in NH are opposed to and Flip Flopney is weak on.

I'd love to see a million of those as handouts go across the state.

Yeah...I +repped you for this. I'd do it again.

Any similar opportunities in Iowa?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely wonderful. Glad you've turned this into a physical ad. Can we make this a wide spread issue in NH?
    Rather Ornery Than Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Do you even need this +rep? Good job
    Agreed! And yet another one for good measure! Great work AF and D.A.S.! This could have a huge impact in NH.

Great job! All politics is local ...

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Yeah...I +repped you for this. I'd do it again.

Any similar opportunities in Iowa?
    Yes, I just got a PM from D.A.S. on this project that he is looking for chip in help with.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ip-in-Included

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, I just got a PM from D.A.S. on this project that he is looking for chip in help with.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ip-in-Included
    Muchos gracias. I'll do what I can....
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I agree, if we run this again, I think a quote of Romney should be included so it will hurt him. That guy needs to be taken down a notch in New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I agree, if we run this again, I think a quote of Romney should be included so it will hurt him. That guy needs to be taken down a notch in New Hampshire.
    See, that's the problem, he's "kind of" come out against it as well, but when people in his campaign include the head lawyer in charge of the project, it makes you, rightly, wonder how soft and squishy he is on it:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/articl...94&CSGroupId=1

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Romney’s position on the Northern Pass project.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...sqK/story.html
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-25-2011 at 12:27 AM.

There is a back story to the the Northern Pass debate: opponents of proposed wind turbines in Nantucket Sound -- chief among them Robert F. Kennedy Jr., whose family has a wee bit of shoreline real estate down on the sound -- have seized on the potential for hydroelectric power from Canada as proof that Cape Wind is not needed. And Romney as governor was opposed to Cape Wind, to the dismay of Massachusetts environmentalists who otherwise saw him as relatively sympathetic to their cause. So it's not surprising that Northern Pass executives such as Butler would see Romney as likely to be on their side on the hydroelectric line. Just don't expect Romney to come out and actually say so.
    http://www.tnr.com/blog/the-stump/97...ine-power-line

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No One But Paul!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

off topic: just wondering, when americans quote they often put certain parts between brackets []. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    off topic: just wondering, when americans quote they often put certain parts between brackets []. Why is that?
    It provides context usually when pronouns are used, it tells you what the antecedent was. The part in brackets isn't actually part of the quote.

It's usually to replace a pronoun with it's antecedent to give the quote proper context.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Who was that just on AJ promoting the "Voter Bomb"?

Awesome bro!

An awesome door knocking effort would be to go around with Ron Paul yard signs and knock at every stop the northern pass sign you see.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    An awesome door knocking effort would be to go around with Ron Paul yard signs and knock at every stop the northern pass sign you see.
    I LIKEE!!!!

I am free all weekend.

I've been looking for a reason to head up north, now I've got it.

+rep

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I LIKEE!!!!

I am free all weekend.

I've been looking for a reason to head up north, now I've got it.

+rep
    Be sure to stop in Woodstock / Lincoln. I hike/camp up there and recall seeing tons of those signs on rt 112 / rt 3 Plus the added bonus of huge tourism from the skiers

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    Be sure to stop in Woodstock / Lincoln. I hike/camp up there and recall seeing tons of those signs on rt 112 / rt 3 Plus the added bonus of huge tourism from the skiers
    I'm over around Ossipee, that was just where I was thinking of heading.

- What do you think of fatjohn?

- I think he is a good guy.

Quote: "I think [fatjohn] is a good guy."
    Last edited by Sweman; 11-25-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

Next ad put a spot on there that asks them to not forget to caucus. And give the date.

If we can get enough voters from this area of new hampshire it might make a difference for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    Next ad put a spot on there that asks them to not forget to caucus. And give the date.

If we can get enough voters from this area of new hampshire it might make a difference for us.
    I may be giving too much credit, but I'm sure hoping anybody with even the slightest interest in this will know which day is primary day in NH.

(It's 10 January)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

awesome do more we need to the floppy one in that state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast