Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If RyanCare fails the vote, it may cost him his job

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politi...lth-care-vote/

GOP health care bill in limbo after White House meeting

Washington (CNN)The Republican health care legislation is in limbo Thursday afternoon after multiple meetings at the White House and Capitol have failed to produce a deal.

And it's unclear if a vote will even happen Thursday, as leaders hoped.

The conservative House Freedom Caucus, whose members appear to hold the key to any agreement on a final bill, met with President Donald Trump, but lawmakers aren't yet on the same page. The meeting started with a standing ovation for Trump, but there is little obvious progress they can point to, a GOP source said.

The moderate Tuesday Group had seven boxes of pizza, as well as Doritos and Baked Lays, delivered to a room in the Capitol. And dozens of Republicans are otherwise circulating from meeting to meeting, including one-on-one sessions with House Speaker Paul Ryan.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...65117523570691

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...72553487749122
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Prospects dim for vote on GOP health bill in House

Prospects for the Republicans' showcase health care bill looked grimmer by the minute Thursday as President Donald Trump failed to get a deal with a bloc of balky conservatives, leaving the legislation short of votes in the House.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...-vote-46319909
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

THey will pull the bill. THey won't let it come to a vote and suffer the public defeat. Ryan loses this round..... and so does Trump. I don't buy the whole "234D Chess scheme to oust Ryan" schtick.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    THey will pull the bill. THey won't let it come to a vote and suffer the public defeat. Ryan loses this round..... and so does Trump. I don't buy the whole "234D Chess scheme to oust Ryan" schtick.
    That's why you are where you are.

That's because you don't understand how to play chess, even 2D chess it seems.

Trump lost this round alright - he lost a pawn. But on the next move he will take the deep state's rook with a knight. He wouldn't have been able to do that without losing a pawn.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That's why you are where you are.
    Not sure I catch your meaning. Where am I now? lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's because you don't understand how to play chess, even 2D chess it seems.

Trump lost this round alright - he lost a pawn. But on the next move he will take the deep state's rook with a knight. He wouldn't have been able to do that without losing a pawn.
    Again with the passive aggressive insulting bull$#@! with you....

- Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure I catch your meaning. Where am I now? lol
    I'm guessing, not in the White House battling the deep state.

Well then don't make statements like "Trump lost this one, I don't believe the whole 32D chess things" because that is a contradictory statement.

If you understand how chess is played, you make your opponent think you are doing one thing so they make a move to counter that plan and then you set a trap by taking a different approach with a whole 'nother plan. You take losses. It's part of playing chess, it's how you come out ahead.

If you could win chess by being honest and straightforward, then life would be much better, Ron Paul would be President, etc.. But that's not the reality of the situation.

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Didn't you get the memo, Trump has to hire the establishment, and let them try their policies first, and when they fail, which they always do, he is going to fire them. He can't ruin their career without giving them a career first. This is the only way to prevent them from becoming political players in the future. You see this is why they call it 4d chess, he is checkmating them 20 years from now and they don't even know it. Time is the fourth dimension, I am sure you didn't even know that.

Well then don't make statements like "Trump lost this one, I don't believe the whole 32D chess things" because that is a contradictory statement.

If you understand how chess is played, you make your opponent think you are doing one thing so they make a move to counter that plan and then you set a trap by taking a different approach with a whole 'nother plan. You take losses. It's part of playing chess, it's how you come out ahead.

If you could win chess by being honest and straightforward, then life would be much better, Ron Paul would be President, etc.. But that's not the reality of the situation.
    I play chess religiously. Played with my father since I was 4, and I play with my son now who is 7. Don't presume to lecture me about strategy. I simply think Trump is a big government hack who actually LIKES the Ryan plan. I appreciate his battle with the spooks and see positive changes in that arena, but lest we forget that Trump supported single-payer-government-insurance-for-all about 14 seconds ago. You give the god emperor cheeto jesus far too much credit, imo.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Didn't you get the memo, Trump has to hire the establishment, and let them try their policies first, and when they fail, which they always do, he is going to fire them. He can't ruin their career without giving them a career first. This is the only way to prevent them from becoming political players in the future. You see this is why they call it 4d chess, he is checkmating them 20 years from now and they don't even know it. Time is the fourth dimension, I am sure you didn't even know that.
    Why does it have to be 20 years from now? Why can't some of the dominoes start falling in a couple weeks or so?

Wouldn't you be pretty happy if he had most of the establishment cleared out within 6 months to a year?

Why does it have to be 20 years from now? Why can't some of the dominoes start falling in a couple weeks or so?

Wouldn't you be pretty happy if he had most of the establishment cleared out within 6 months to a year?
    I am just trying to explain it in a way dumb people can understand. Not everyone can see the forest in between the trees.

Massie dropping truth bombs:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I play chess religiously. Played with my father since I was 4, and I play with my son now who is 7. Don't presume to lecture me about strategy. I simply think Trump is a big government hack who actually LIKES the Ryan plan. I appreciate his battle with the spooks and see positive changes in that arena, but lest we forget that Trump supported single-payer-government-insurance-for-all about 14 seconds ago. You give the god emperor cheeto jesus far too much credit, imo.
    I trust Rand and Massie and The Judge. Rand has been on the phone with Trump several times a week for a few weeks now. Rand says Trump is on our side. Sorry, but I'm going to continue entrusting people with a history of saying and doing the right things rather than some random people on the internet who sound like they are making posts to support the deep state.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I am just trying to explain it in a way dumb people can understand. Not everyone can see the forest in between the trees.
    It sounds more like you are trying to manipulate other people's ideas in an unrealistic way to make them sound unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Massie dropping truth bombs:

Yesterday Massie said he wants to help Trump get a second term as President.

I trust Rand and Massie and The Judge. Rand has been on the phone with Trump several times a week for a few weeks now. Rand says Trump is on our side.
    When did Rand say that?

If you understand how chess is played, you make your opponent think you are doing one thing so they make a move to counter that plan and then you set a trap by taking a different approach with a whole 'nother plan.
    Interesting. That's also how you set a con. I think we disagree on who is being conned here. For some reason, you seem to want to believe that this establishment billionaire who has a lifetime of using government to get what he wants, is now looking out for your interests. Any evidence to the contrary is dismissed or part of some elaborate plan that will ultimately work out for you. Good luck with that.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Yesterday Massie said he wants to help Trump get a second term as President.
    He is playing 4D chess, vote him in for 2 terms and then he gets term-limited and can't run anymore- checkmate.

I play chess religiously. Played with my father since I was 4, and I play with my son now who is 7. Don't presume to lecture me about strategy. I simply think Trump is a big government hack who actually LIKES the Ryan plan.
    I don't think he gives two $#@!s about the Ryan's plan. He just wants to be able to say he got rid of Obamacare. It'll make him a legend with his supporters. Really, if he had his druthers, I think he'd just want a single-payer system like the rest of the big-government establishment hacks.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I don't think he gives two $#@!s about the Ryan's plan. He just wants to be able to say he got rid of Obamacare. It'll make him a legend with his supporters. Really, if he had his druthers, I think he'd just want a single-payer system like the rest of the big-government establishment hacks.
    That's the Occam's Razor explanation. It's pretty obvious he doesn't know what is in the bill, just that it is supposed to repeal Obamacare and has lots of other terrific things like lines around the states.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    + rep to absolutely anyone who has called Congress opposing RyanCare
    In! I called our dear Vicky this morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When did Rand say that?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ront-3-21-2017

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...82156128604161

Jan2017

Speaker Ryan press conference, originally scheduled for 11:30 and postponed to 3:30,
    has just now been "postponed until further notice"

https://twitter.com/jonward11/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Hey Dannno, turns out RyanCare is a great plan. Oppose the Deep State and call your congressman asking him to support this GREAT plan today and MAGA!

Or you could do what Massie, Rand, and the Deep State want by opposing this GREAT plan.
    If you were a True Believer in His Holiness The God Emperor you would have already received your secret decoder ring which would reinterpret this message to not call your congressmen and also to drink more Ovaltine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

reports are coming now that the vote will be postponed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast