Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Did God Issue A Stronger Penalty For Eating Meat Than For Murder?

Isn't it ironic that some animals eat humans with no regard.

1 Timothy 4:4
    For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Leviticus 11 (KJV)

11 And the Lord spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;

15 Every raven after his kind;

16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,

17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,

18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,

19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

24 And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcase of them shall be unclean until the even.

25 And whosoever beareth ought of the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

26 The carcases of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.

27 And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcase shall be unclean until the even.

28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.

29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,

30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.

31 These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.

32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.

33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.

34 Of all meat which may be eaten, that on which such water cometh shall be unclean: and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.

35 And every thing whereupon any part of their carcase falleth shall be unclean; whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down: for they are unclean and shall be unclean unto you.

36 Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcase shall be unclean.

37 And if any part of their carcase fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.

38 But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcase fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.

39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcase thereof shall be unclean until the even.

40 And he that eateth of the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.

42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.

44 For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

45 For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:

47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nah, I would guess ferrari.
    Yeah could be, but as has already been noted ferrari is an atheist.

If the OP was funnier, I'd say Fire11, but this guy is too dour and serious.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What Some Of You Still Apparently Do Not Understand Is . . .

YOU NO LONGER HAVE A SINLESS GOD TO ATONE FOR YOUR SINS

Eating Meat was correctly declared as a sin in Psalms 78:17-31 in the context of the eating manna story. It was a very serious violation of the Golden Rule (the supreme law of the land according to Jesus), so serious in fact, that the penalty was immediate death in that passage.

So at any future time where God permitted people to eat meat, God was guilty by proxy of violating the Golden Rule. In other words, God became a sinner.

So now it could be argued that vegans in a sense could make a more worthy atonement for your sins than God! Do you now see clearly, the elephant in the room?
    Last edited by RicoCabeza; 12-19-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoCabeza View Post

Eating Meat was correctly declared as a sin in Psalms 78:17-31 in the context of the eating manna story. It was a very serious violation of the Golden Rule, so serious in fact, that the penalty was immediate death in that passage.

So at any future time where God permitted people to eat meat, God was guilty by proxy of violating the Golden Rule. In other words, God became a sinner.

So now it could be argued that vegans in a sense could make a more worthy atonement for your sins than God! Do you now see clearly, the elephant in the room?
    So you're not a christian? What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

*/ Sniffs for Elephants /*

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post

not Nixon.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Never eat anything with a head bigger than your own.
    I once ate Elk summer sausage. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten. If I have the chance to eat elk summer sausage again, it will probably take a shotgun to stop me.

Eating Meat was correctly declared as a sin in Psalms 78:17-31 in the context of the eating manna story. It was a very serious violation of the Golden Rule (the supreme law of the land according to Jesus), so serious in fact, that the penalty was immediate death in that passage.

You are arguing that God is evil, because humans are not vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Seems to be the direction he is going..

But then,, many spirits have gone out,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    The God of Psalms 78:17-31 is a God I could get behind. But with the Luciferians/Freemasons clearly having manipulated the Bibles content, we really do not know what we can trust from the Bible. There are many strongly vegetarian books most Christians do not accept as inspired including 1 Enoch, Thomas, Essene Gospel of Peace, Gospel of 12 and I'm sure many others.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.…
    and scripture is always true
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The God of Psalms 78:17-31 is a God I could get behind. But with the Luciferians/Freemasons clearly having manipulated the Bibles content, we really do not know what we can trust from the Bible. There are many strongly vegetarian books most Christians do not accept as inspired including 1 Enoch, Thomas, Essene Gospel of Peace, Gospel of 12 and I'm sure many others.
    Have you considered that maybe you're misunderstanding certain biblical teachings?

This guy has some interesting things to say. Have you seen this video? If not, check it out...

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

And this is where we part company.

not a new Accusation.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I once ate Elk summer sausage. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten. If I have the chance to eat elk summer sausage again, it will probably take a shotgun to stop me.
    Goliath Grouper. (Jewfish)
    It could have swallowed me,, but made great sandwiches.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Absolutely not. God correctly defined the ethics of sin, and then broke from his own ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And this is where we part company.

not a new Accusation.
    This^^ Limited Atonement is not new and is still wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This^^ Limited Atonement is not new and is still wrong.
    YOU NO LONGER HAVE A SINLESS GOD
    This goes far beyond 'Limited" atonement.

I would find it insulting, but it is more insulting to God.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This goes far beyond 'Limited" atonement.

I would find it insulting, but it is more insulting to God.
    Yup. That is heresy and blasphemy.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely not. God correctly defined the ethics of sin, and then broke from his own ethics.

Seems to be the direction he is going..

But then,, many spirits have gone out,
    This Glans fellow is clearly worshipping a god that has been created after his own ego, wants and desires.

A god who made the universe irrevocably vegan, and then fell to disgrace by permitting the consumption of meat.

In their universe, the vegan man is holier than god.

This Glans fellow is clearly worshipping a god that has been created after his own ego, wants and desires.

A god who made the universe irrevocably vegan, and then fell to disgrace by permitting the consumption of meat.

I don't think I care for his god. Nothing like the one I know.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

YOU NO LONGER HAVE A SINLESS GOD

any future time where God permitted people to eat meat, God was guilty ... God became a sinner.

QED.

You have managed to twist your own reality around until you were able to actually promote yourself to god. How lovely for you!

Wonder how that's going to go down in the Judgement.....

There is nothing wrong with God and I concurring with each other. But that does not mean it is not possible for God to sin.

P.S. Who is Glans?

There is nothing wrong with God and I concurring with each other. But that does not mean it is not possible for God to sin.

P.S. Who is Glans?
    A common English translation of your Spanish name, and probably some part of why you aren't being taken very seriously.

A common English translation of your Spanish name, and probably some part of why you aren't being taken very seriously.
    My Spanish name is intentionally not even proper Spanish. Proper Spanish would be Cabeza Rica (note the "a" in Rica and the switched order).
    Last edited by RicoCabeza; 12-20-2016 at 01:09 AM.

P.S. Who is Glans?
    Dayum, you just failed Bible 101.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My Spanish name is intentionally not even proper Spanish. Proper Spanish would be Cabeza Rica (note the "a" in Rica)
    I believe your name is confusion.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Dayum, you just failed Bible 101.
    If Bible 101 teaches to turn your brain off and have blind zombie faith, then it must be for kinder gardeners only.

If Bible 101 teaches to turn your brain off and have blind zombie faith, then it must be for kinder gardeners only.
    How about this,, If you are going to post about books you have read,,, you should read them first.

and secondly,, If you wish to invent your own religion,, find another book..and don't claim My God,, and remake Him in your image and likeness.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

How about this,, If you are going to post about books you have read,,, you should read them first.

and secondly,, If you wish to invent your own religion,, find another book..and don't claim My God,, and remake Him in your image and likeness.
    Your God parted from his own ethics. That is a fact according to the Bible, and furthermore, I had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. And if memory serves, I think that same Bible has something in there about how God never changes. Kinda makes you go hmmmmn.... don't it?
    Last edited by RicoCabeza; 12-20-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast