Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why the H-1B Visa Racket Should Be Abolished, Not Reformed

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Neither have you. Your claim to have heard someone give you a bogus totally uninformed reason for why they didn't choose some career doesn't count as evidence for the conclusion that more H1B Visas in these fields where there's nowhere near enough supply of labor to meet the demand is somehow creating a disincentive in the market as a whole for Americans to go into those fields and to choose other fields where the demand is lower and they will get paid less and have less job security instead.
    OK, I provided links with evidence, and all you do is repeat the US Chamber and cheap labor lobby talking points. You have no evidence to back up your claims.

Your sophistry knows no bounds.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    No.

The vast majority of these students are simply pulling out their arbitrary victim status card because they don't understand that they had an inferior education. They simply aren't qualified to be phd candidates in these fields because the information revolution's weakness is precisely the education system. America has the worst education system known to math and science. The worst part is that they really don't know this. If they did, we wouldn't need to go to campuses to pass out literature, now would we?

See? They hear things. They see things. But I doubt very highly that they are of the geopolitical aptitude to relate what they are seeing and hearing to the reality of the situation. They think they are qualified because they don't know they got an inferior education. To them, they think they got great education. But they didn't. They forgot that in todays American education system, everybody is on the honor roll. lol. You know it and I know it. It's just another example of the entitlement mindset.

And unfortunately for them, they don't have a right to have their feelings addressed. It's okay. Just give them a sticker and a mop and call them the last winner.

The problem with the H1B is the grade school and high school education system. That needs to be resolved. But you guys are against the education system so you're stuck in your own horse pucky and trying to circlejerk around the issue and compartmentalize it into something else. I suppose mom and dad (if there is such a situation) can teach junior the mathematical prerequisites for quantum physics if he can pull them away from Dancing With The Stars and their McMac for 5 minutes. Couldn't they?
    Why doesn't this apply to all STEM fields? Why is Computer Science the only STEM field which is decreasing for US students?

Once again:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Have you heard of Agile?
    Sure, that's where the team does Yoga together every day.

Please do everybody a favor and explain what RTP is, pretty please.
    Real-time Transport Protocol? Release to Production?

OK, since the subject was new "Silicon Valleys", it's Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. A large, centrally planned R&D area, it's main objective was to draw large companies there for a lower cost of living, tax incentives and prospective employees from local Universities. Started slowly but has been taking off lately as they reach a critical mass.

Such a drastic step is quite unlikey.

The man angling to become the U.S. envoy to India shares Trump's ...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../t...6-ce06cdc6d5e5...
    Feb 22, 2017 - Shalabh “Shalli” Kumar, founder of the Republican Hindu Coalition, ... donated $1,162,400 to Trump's campaign and victory fund, ...

H1B issue not a sticking point in India-US ties: Shalabh Kumar
    1 Feb, 2017, 10.01AM ISTDuring his campaign, Trump promised to increase oversight of our H-1B and L-1 visa programmes.

Related

Facebook, Microsoft owners enabling torture of civilians for cheap labor?

Breaking: India PM gives Trump bear hug...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm all about open borders, in a free society, but I'm not about to help destroy western civilization by promoting open borders and immigration when we have a huge welfare state.
    JP Morgan makes millions from each states welfare programs. It's a huge chunk of their profits now.
    It's never going to end as long as the elite remain in control.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Is President Trump acting on his recent ultimatum for India's Modi?

Trump's Afghanistan strategy includes a new ultimatum for India
    Matthew Pennington, Associated Press
    Aug. 22, 2017
    "We appreciate India's important contributions to stability in Afghanistan, but India makes billions of dollars in trade with the United States, and we want them to help us more with Afghanistan, especially in the area of economic assistance and development," Trump said.
    He didn't elaborate, but the threat was clear, especially given Trump's regular chafing over countries enjoying significant trade surpluses with the United States. Either India must pony up more money for what the Trump administration is calling its "regional approach" to Afghanistan, or it could face commercial repercussions.
    The U.S. deficit in goods and services with India last year was about $30 billion. Trump also is reviewing a work visa program heavily used by Indians.

Interpreting Trump’s not-so-subtle threat to India to do more in Afghanistan
    One, this is a clear and overt threat: cooperate or else. President Trump has been waving the trade flag in all his perorations concerning India. He has been unequivocal about seeking enhanced market access for US goods and services. The joint press statement issued during prime minister Narendra Modi’s Washington DC visit has him saying: “It is important that barriers be removed to the export of US goods into your markets, and that we reduce our trade deficit with your country.” Indo-US trade touched $114.8 billion during 2016, with India enjoying a $30.8-billion trade surplus. It would seem Trump has made India’s trade with the US contingent upon cooperation in Afghanistan.

US committee passes bill increasing minimum pay of H1B visa holders to $90,000

If made into law, this bill could prove a deterrent to organisations hiring Indian techies.
    TNM Staff
    • Friday, November 17, 2017

In what could prove to be a hurdle for Indian IT companies, a key US Congressional Committee has voted in favour of passing a legislation that proposes to increase the minimum salaries of H1B visa holders from $60,000 to $90,000, reported PTI.
    The Protect and Grow American Jobs Act (HR 170), which also proposes several other restrictions on H1B visa holders, a majority of whom are Indian, was passed by the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday.
    According to the PTI report, the bill will next head to the full House. A similar version of the bill will also have to be passed by the Senate after which US President Donald Trump can sign it into law.
    Following Trump's election on a protectionist platform, the US has announced stricter norms for issuing the H1B and L1 visas.

H1B visas are one of the most opted visas in the US that provide skilled workers from foreign countries work in a wide range of specialty occupations, including information technology, academic research, and accounting. It is used mostly by Indian IT professionals.

In April, the US administration began enforcing stricter bureaucratic norms for the issuance of H1B visas in order to prevent "fraud and abuse" in the programme.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    There is no logic to the argument we cannot find good people out out the 325 million people that live in the US.
    Disney fired 250 native workers in favor of H1B workers. Link

Raising the minimum salaries might well make this kind of move a bad choice in future, but does nothing to help the ones who were fired and still had mortgages, rents, etc.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

There was apaprenty no change in above policy despite all the noise and yet India has joined China-Europe in a global trade war escalation against US starting today?

India just retaliated with new tariffs on U.S. goods. Here’s why developing economies like tariffs.

by Ida Bastiaens, Nita Rudra and Stacey Williams June 28

In a week that saw President Trump tweet against a wide range of companies and countries, India got its own shout-out for high tariffs. India joined the European Unionand China to push back against U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs, and notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) last week that it would impose higher import tariffs on 30 U.S. goods, including almonds, shrimp and chocolates.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-like-tariffs/

Worldwide retaliation for US tariffs begin on Sunday, putting a 'bull's eye' on wide range of goods

• Fighting back against the Trump administration's steel tariffs, Canada will start collecting duties on a variety of U.S. products, including orange juice, yogurt, whiskey, maple syrup and soups.
    • Mexico and China will soon start collecting new tariffs on U.S. pork and dairy products.
    • On July 6, China is expected to unleash a 25 percent tariff on U.S. soybeans, a move that farmers have long dreaded.

Jeff Daniels | @JeffDanielsca

Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 17 Mins Ago

Good news for Indian techies: US Deputy Chief of Mission in India says there is no big change in H-1B visa

H-4 is issued to the spouse of H-1B visa holders, a significantly large number of whom are high-skilled professionals from India.

June 6, 2018 5:12 PM
    There have been “no big changes” in the H-1B programme and “nothing new” on the H-4 visa policy, the US said today, amid the Trump administration’s plan to overhaul the immigration system. (Reuters)
    There have been “no big changes” in the H-1B programme and “nothing new” on the H-4 visa policy, the US said today, amid the Trump administration’s plan to overhaul the immigration system. US Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) in Delhi, MaryKay L Carlson said granting employment visa and work permits is the sovereign decision of a country.
    https://www.financialexpress.com/wor...rlson/1195889/

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    high-skilled professionals from India.
    Here is your problem.

In the next thread we will be covering how to drain money from US back to India - tax free via ghost workers. You just pay them wages! In one of the places I worked in the past, I was able to locate, on the company chart, a very junior person with 300 contractors reporting. What could she possibly do with them?

In the next thread we will be covering how to drain money from US back to India - tax free via ghost workers. You just pay them wages! In one of the places I worked in the past, I was able to locate, on the company chart, a very junior person with 300 contractors reporting. What could she possibly do with them?
    One of the only times I saw a manager fired was an Indian woman who hired 10-20 "workers" in India via deceptive means. There was no work for them, she was just building an empire. One of those things that is acceptable in many places in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One of the only times I saw a manager fired was an Indian woman who hired 10-20 "workers" in India via deceptive means. There was no work for them, she was just building an empire. One of those things that is acceptable in many places in the world.
    Building empires is par for the course in US as well. There are some areas where it is normal hiring low skill workers (<$100k/yr) for the purpose of addressing a real problem which is somewhere else. You end up with a department 100+ strong while the original problem persists. In the meantime the company is still working on the strategy, goes through multiple reorgs, fires and hires people but doesn't really address the elephant in the room because somebody might feel offended. Everybody is 100% busy while the actual output is close to 0%
    Last edited by timosman; 07-01-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm all about open borders, in a free society, but I'm not about to help destroy western civilization by promoting open borders and immigration when we have a huge welfare state.
    hears how I see it. I don't want criminals to run around in the society where I live. Be they citizens or not. Every country on the planet locks up criminals within their borders. So, why would ANY country want/accept criminals from any other country? Its the bad apples in the apple cart nobody wants. Seriously, if I can go through a 10 day background check to own a firearm why is the immigration process so long? Why not do a background check, quick physical for gnarly communicable diseases like Ebola and grant citizenship. Put up a wall/barrier/Kinetic Border impediment device for those that try to bypass this. Additionally, demolish the welfare system.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Self driving car

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Is there a connection to this topic?
    Self-driving cars is a product from Silicon Valley California

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree. The H1B program should be available to any business that wants hire a qualified foreigner, not just certain ones who are granted government favors.
    Disagree. The H1B program should be abolished, along with all other visas. Businesses who want to be able to hire foreigners should be able to do so without anyone having to file any paperwork with the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Disagree. The H1B program should be abolished, along with all other visas. Businesses who want to be able to hire foreigners should be able to do so without anyone having to file any paperwork with the government.
    That is a recipe for a communist takeover.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a recipe for a communist takeover.
    Funny how it is the policies of some libertarians that will accelerate a Communist takeover in the US. At some point libertarians need to wake up that they are being played by the elites for that purpose. The only road to achieve a more libertarian like system within the region of the US is to take a more nationalist approach.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Funny how it is the policies of some libertarians that will accelerate a Communist takeover in the US. At some point libertarians need to wake up that they are being played by the elites for that purpose. The only road to achieve a more libertarian like system within the region of the US is to take a more nationalist approach.
    Some of them are useful idiots but others may be in the pay of the "Integrity Initiative":

Major Psy-Op In Europe Exposed: UK Government Tramples On Values It Vowed To Protect

Covert British Military-Smear Machine Moving Into US

In a strange twist, Ross appeared on stage at the Integrity Initiative’s Seattle event alongside Emmi Bevensee, a contributor to the left-libertarian Center for a Stateless Society (C4SS) think tank, whose tagline, “a left market anarchist think-tank” expresses its core aim of uniting far-left anarchists with free-market right-libertarians.
    Bevensee, a PhD candidate at the University of Arizona and self-described “Borderlands anarcho into tech and crypto,” concluded her presentation by asserting a linkage between the alternative news site, Zero Hedge, and the “physical militarized presence in the borderlands” of anti-immigrant vigilantes.
    Like Bevensee, Ross has written for C4SS in the past.
    The irony of contributors to an anarchist group called the “Center for a Stateless Society” auditioning before The State – the most jackbooted element of it, in fact – for more opportunities to attack anti-war politicians and journalists, can hardly be overstated.
    But closer examination of the history of C4SS veers from irony into something much darker and more unsettling.

C4SS was co-founded in 2006 by a confessed child rapist and libertarian activist, Brad ********, who set the group up to promote “Market anarchism” to “replace Marxism on the left.”

When ********’s child rape confessions emerged in 2015, the Center for Stateless Society founder was finally drummed out by his colleagues.
    There’s more: ********’s understudy and deputy in the C4SS, Kevin Carson — currently listed as the group’s “Karl Hess Chair in Social Theory” — turned out to be a longtime friend and defender of white nationalist Keith Preston. Preston’s name is prominently plastered on the back of Kevin Carson’s book, hailing the C4SS man as “the Proudhon of our time” — a loaded compliment, given the unhinged anti-Semitism of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, the influential 19thCentury French anarchist.
    Carson only disowned Preston in 2009, shortly before Preston helped white nationalist leader Richard Spencer launch his alt-right webzine, Alternative Right.
    Kevin Carson defending his neo-Nazi bro Keith Preston https://t.co/qfV2y5orQ7 pic.twitter.com/AdzN2S09gM
    — exiledonline.com (@exiledonline) January 13, 2016
    The C4SS group currently participates in the annual Koch-backed International Students For Liberty conference in Washington, D.C., LibertyCon, a who’s who of libertarian think-tank hacks and Republican Party semi-celebrities like Steve Forbes, FCC chairman Ajit Pai, and Alan Dershowitz.
    In 2013, C4SS’s Kevin Carson tweeted out his dream fantasy that four Jewish leftists—Mark Ames, co-author of this article; Yasha Levine; Corey Robin, and Mark Potok — would die in a plane crash while struggling over a single parachute. Potok was an executive editor at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which last year retracted every one of the crank articles that Alexander Reid Ross published with them and formally apologized for having run them.

For some reason, the super-sleuth Ross conveniently failed to investigate the libertarian group, C4SS, that he has chosen to partner with and publish in. That ability to shamelessly smear and denounce leftists over the most crudely manufactured links to the far-right—while cozying up to groups as sleazy as C4SS and authoritarian as the Integrity Initiative —is the sort of adaptive trait that MI6 spies and the Rendon Group would find useful in a covert domestic influence operation.
    Ross did not respond to our request for comment on his involvement with the Integrity Initiative and C4SS.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree. The H1B program should be available to any business that wants hire a qualified foreigner, not just certain ones who are granted government favors.
    I read one of the article where it was "high rank employees or managers of IT/Tech companies are now in U.S government and they make easy laws for foreign workers"

Quote Originally Posted by scaryassea View Post
    I read one of the article where it was "high rank employees or managers of IT/Tech companies are now in U.S government and they make easy laws for foreign workers"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    If you remove the H1-B Visa, you collapse the economy. Period. As was mentioned some place in the thread earlier, there are no Americans who can do these jobs. The American education system is a failure. And they better fix it soon because all of the brains are going back to their countries. We're seing Silicon Valleys popping up all over the world now. China, India, elsewhere...These foreign people here on the H1-B do not just control jobs. They control entire industries. Without the H1-B there would be no Silicon Valley in America.
    American IT/Tech workers trained H1-B visas and then American workers lost their jobs.

On-job training which Indian managers fear like plague in India. In India on job training is removed. They just want experts for low-level jobs. All the nonsense during job interviews in India.
    Last edited by NAmerica; 02-21-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Bump

Hell ya! Abolish!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Bump

Hell ya! Abolish!
    'Diversity is our strength' model could be a factor too in such policy consideration.
    However two (MH1BGA) and two (Indian man accused of genocide to sleep in Trump’s bed in Israel) don't seem to quite add up.

India's Modi to sleep in Trump's bed in Israel

US approves more H-1B visas this year

Oct 14, 2019
    Highlights

• US has approved a higher number of H-1B applications this year
    • 3.89 lakh applications were approved for the fiscal 2019, up from last year's 3.35 lakh
    • In past years, more than 70% of the aggregate H-1B visa applications for new jobs and visa extensions given to those born in India

MUMBAI: The US has approved a higher number of H-1B applications (both for initial visas and visa extensions for continued employment) this year, showing that the demand for these work visas continues unabated. This is a relief to Indians, who are the dominant holders of H-1B visas, especially after processing regulations got more stringent post-2015 .
    timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/more-scrutiny-but-more-h-1b-visas-okd/articleshow/71572241.cms

Temporary relief to Indians in US! Work ban on H-1B visa holders' spouses pushed back till 2020
    A 2015 rule issued by Barack Obama allowed work permits for certain categories of H-4 visa holders (dependent family members - spouse and children - of the H-1B visa holders), who otherwise could not be employed
    September 19, 2019

Backlash against Modi as Indian PM 'endorses Trump for 2020 in breach of diplomatic convention'
    Speaking in Texas, Modi repeated to rapturous applause the borrowed Trump campaign slogan: ‘Abki baar Trump sarkar (This time, [a] Trump government)’
    September 23, 2019

Trump nominates Indian American to replace Kavanaugh
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is nominating administration official Neomi Rao to fill the appeals court seat previously held by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
    Trump’s announcement came on Nov. 13 during the White House’s celebration of Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. Rao, who is Indian American, was present at the event.
    Trump said he was nominating Rao for the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — sometimes referred to as the nation’s second-highest court. Rao currently serves as the administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), which is part of the Office of Management and Budget.

The Times also reported that Grenell — who was only officially tapped into the role on Thursday and who says he will not be the nominee for the full-time role — also made a slew of his own new hires on Friday, including an expert on Trump conspiracy theories.
    One hire is Kashyap Patel, a senior member of the National Security Council and former top aide to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the former House Intelligence Committee chairman.

Kashyap Patel has reportedly been given permission to "clean house" at the agency.

On a potentially related note, this is some dedication if it is not fakenews:

Indian man who fasted for four days ‘to pray for Trump’s coronavirus recovery’ dies of cardiac arrest

Mon, October 12, 2020

Trump has a keen following in India, particularly among supporters of prime minister Narendra Modi (Getty)A 38-year-old man from the Indian state of Telangana has died after fasting for four days to pray for Donald Trump’s recovery from Covid-19.

According to his family, Bussa Krishna Raju worshipped the US president like a god, and was shocked and disturbed to find out about his coronavirus diagnosis.

Mr Raju refused food and started praying for Mr Trump’s recovery when he found out about his infection last week. Mr Trump tested positive on Thursday 1 October, and was treated at the Walter Reed Medical Center for several days.
    Mr Raju’s family told the Times of India that he collapsed on Sunday while having tea at his relative’s residence in the village of Toopran in Medak district. He was taken to hospital where doctors declared him dead.
    A close family member told the Times of India: "He was upset when he learnt about Trump testing positive for coronavirus. He spent sleepless nights, starved and prayed for the US president's recovery for the past three-four days. He died of cardiac arrest today around noon."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/india...112650576.html

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast