Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Black Friday Ever

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I sat around and ate leftovers all day. Best white Friday ever.
    Played laser tag, went bowling, drove go-karts and played video games with the family. To hell with shopping.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought some stuff online - underwear, undershirts, and socks for the boys. I also bought # 2 son a "shoodie" from Old Navy. It's a hoodie made out of t-shirt fabric. He loves the damn things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    James Earl Jones will sire a doomsday cult and all his children shall dine on slave flesh and orgy.

I bought a new motherboard and video card, mainly so I can play Brutal DooM :

Last edited by Raginfridus; 11-25-2017 at 09:54 PM.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I had a nice afternoon nap for Good Friday
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Those $#@!ing people will be there until New Year's Day trying to decide what to buy.

I went to Ace Hardware in Lafayette Tenn around 3 in the afternoon then to Big Ed's BBQ for some pork shoulder . I spent 29 bucks at the hardware on gifts , a screwdriver set , two 3/8 dr ratchet sets , a wrecking bar , a 25 ft tape measure and three wood chisels , then I spent 17.00 at the BBQ . Stopped at Pier 1 in Cave City Ky on Sunday and bought 8 more holders for my Peg board for .49 cents ea .Doing my part to keep the economy moving .
    Do something Danke

If I am supposed to buy some one a Christmas present, my wife finds something. I like Christmas, but the whole gift exchange lost it's luster for me when I was 12 or so. Hell it took me longer to become disillusioned with voting.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If I am supposed to buy some one a Christmas present, my wife finds something. I like Christmas, but the whole gift exchange lost it's luster for me when I was 12 or so. Hell it took me longer to become disillusioned with voting.
    Voting is cheaper
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Voting is cheaper
    And those stickers make nice gifts.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    LOL. FFS. A leftist could loot and burn down that Walmart, and then beat someone in a MAGA hat over the head with a pipe all on camera, and if any charges were filed, they wouldn’t stick.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I didn't black Friday shop. I worked. I Black Friday drank. It was slow so I got to invent Christmas shot specials. My favorite is called The Christmas Cookie. I rim a glass with white chocolate syrup and dip it in red sugar and the shot is vodka, amaretto, bailey's & half & half shaken over ice. It really does taste like a sugar cookie.

I'm doing a little online shopping this morning before work. I'm going to buy my son some black jeans at Old Navy. We went a few weeks ago and they had what he wanted but they didn't have his size. He asked me to order them then but I told him they didn't have his size online, either. I lied. I wanted to get them for him for Christmas. It's hard to buy things for teenage boys. I'm ordering my older son a pair of jeans, too. He didn't ask for them. He probably doesn't even want them but he only has one pair that fit him and I'm tired of trying to keep them washed. I'm not buying him black jeans. He told his brother they look gay.

So, my list for today is...
    Black jeans
    Medium wash jeans

I also saw a few things I wanted but I just went to buy them and they were sold out. I think the universe is trying to tell me I don't need anymore skinny jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I worked as well. Nothing so interesting as Suzanimal, of course.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

cookie cocktails? mmmmm
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Working on the day after Thanksgiving is a violation of my personal beliefs , I am though perfectly OK with others working .
    Do something Danke

Next year maybe I can make my list and have @Danke get it for me while he is out . I would have hated to miss out on those three pc wood chisel sets and 25 ft tape measures for 2.80 .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12