Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted Cruz's political career over?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    United Airlines Investigating Who Leaked Ted Cruz's Cancun Flight Info
    Well, that figures.

Worst woke airline ever.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think as many people should leave as they can, the grocery store shelves being empty and all.. strained emergency resources.. etc..

The grocery shelves would have been even more empty if his family stayed there and had to go shopping.

He should have stayed in Cancun, no apologies.
    I agree.

In fact, Raphael should move back to Cuba if it is warm weather he wants.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People are should be free to travel when and where they want.

Why aren't you holding him accountable where it matters?

His lifetime Freedom Index Score of 68% just sank to a pathetic 50%.

https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-i...gislator/17574

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Who elected him to be a leader?

I thought people were elected to be representatives.
    You sound like Joy Reid. Congrats, you're a liberal now.

FACT: Texas power failures are solely the responsibility of Gov. Abbot and ERCOT.

ERGO: Ted Cruz has no authority, responsibility, or ability to change ERCOT.

Leave. Ted. Alone.

I'd be interested in seeing United Airlines investigated for crimes committed by releasing a Senators flight plan to known anti american communist media operatives putting him and his family in danger in a foreign country that is full of kidnappers .I'll be making a phone call tomorrow.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

FACT: Texas power failures are solely the responsibility of Gov. Abbot and ERCOT.

Leave. Ted. Alone.
    So you believe they are supposed to be leaders of some kind?

I'm saying they are supposed to be representatives and do what we tell them to do, not the other way around.

Leave. Ted. Alone.
    He says, senators should be told what to do by the people, not assumed to be gods and emulated as such, and you say that makes him a liberal? How do you figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I agree.

'Murica loves a neocon.

Especially when they see how he comes together in a bipartisan way to support military action against fill in blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I'm a conservative. I think this seems like fiddling while Rome burned. But he still has several years before reelection. We will all forget like good Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    On one hand as said above it is more of a liberal complaint and on the other there is a bit of hypocrisy with his leadership skills called into question. It will depend on how the party and news media tell voters how to think that will decide what will come from this. If the elites and party are happy with him then this will soon be forgotten about. Perhaps already forgotten.

^this.

Although 'politics of optics' has been bit decentralized with advent of social media and relatively harder to manage for fakenews MSM, if deep lobbies have not lost faith in him, he'll be okay.

In real world, Ted's optics are much much worse than Howard Dean's in below "scream" episode but in contrast Dean wasn't as compliant a boot licker of neocon poodle master lobbies then. Back then MSM TV media was in much stronger control of public's perceptions and replayed few seconds from this clip non-stop with exaggerated sound effects to sink his campaign:

Politics of Optics
    2004: The scream that doomed Howard Dean
    Jul 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

But that "scream" as the dooming cause was fakenews media poodlebags' narrative, following was the real reason that then front runner Dem saw his campaign get doomed by media and pockets that controlled it.

Dean defends Middle East remarks
    Wednesday, September 10, 2003

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Under fire for saying that the United States should be even-handed in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, 2004 Democratic presidential front-runner Howard Dean Wednesday said he would not abandon the long-standing policy of strong U.S. support for Israel.

The controversy began last week when Dean, speaking about the Middle East, said he didn't "believe stopping the terror has to be a prerequisite for talking. You always talk."
    He went on to say that "it's not our place to take sides" and said "enormous" numbers of Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories would have to be dismantled.
    Tuesday night during a debate in Baltimore, Lieberman pounced on Dean, saying he was abandoning more than 50 years of bipartisan U.S. policy offering unconditional support to Israel. (More on debate)

In present times, will 'Reddit gamestop kids" beat 'Wall street Hedge Funds' in Texas too? Time will tell but Rafael "Ted" Cruz has impressive credentials to weather this storm (no pun intended).

Senate Bill Would Make It a Federal Crime to Boycott Israel
    nymag
    Jul 19, 2017 — 43 Senators Want to Make It a Federal Crime to Boycott Israeli Settlements ... several of the most right-wing Senators such as Ted Cruz of Texas,...

To Get Hurricane Rebuilding Contracts, Texas Contractors Must Pledge Not to Boycott Israel

On a different note, this is why Trumps are the kings of branding:

Trump Jr says "Cancun Cruz" nickname will be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nx1k8wJmg

Donald Trump explains how "Lyin' Ted" is pronounced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nua2YNaMT0

Leave. Ted. Alone.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He says, senators should be told what to do by the people, not assumed to be gods and emulated as such, and you say that makes him a liberal? How do you figure?
    Senators are not meant to be "told what to do by the people". They were envisioned and installed as the upper chamber,
    our equivalent to the House of Lords, albeit not composed of the landed gentry, but the aristocracy of the bourgoisie, our
    intelligentsia, our statesmen and men of respect and renown, precisely selected by the state assemblies for the purpose of
    standing above the pull and tug of demogoguery.
    Now, in 2021, I said why Cruz deserves no criticism. Firstly, it is not his domain of responsibility or effect. Secondly, he went
    to visit his daughter on a family matter. Thirdly, only liberals play this game of deflecting from the true issue. So, please refrain
    from casting accountability where it does not belong, but place your demands upon the responsible parties.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senators are not meant to be "told what to do by the people". They were envisioned and installed as the upper chamber,
    our equivalent to the House of Lords, albeit not composed of the landed gentry, but the aristocracy of the bourgoisie, our
    intelligentsia, our statesmen and men of respect and renown, precisely selected by the state assemblies for the purpose of
    standing above the pull and tug of demogoguery.
    Now, in 2021, I said why Cruz deserves no criticism. Firstly, it is not his domain of responsibility or effect. Secondly, he went
    to visit his daughter on a family matter. Thirdly, only liberals play this game of deflecting from the true issue. So, please refrain
    from casting accountability where it does not belong, but place your demands upon the responsible parties.
    So where did you see me placing any blame on Mr. Cruz?
    As far as I'm concerned, he should have stayed on vacation with his family.
    There isn't anything he can do about what's happening anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So where did you see me placing any blame on Mr. Cruz?
    As far as I'm concerned, he should have stayed on vacation with his family.
    There isn't anything he can do about what's happening anyway.
    My use of the Reply button was perhaps too indiscriminate.
    You said, "I thought people were elected to be representatives".
    Fuhgeddaboudit.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I wonder how many dems voted for him?
    I wonder the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

His lifetime Freedom Index Score of 68% just sank to a pathetic 50%.

https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-i...gislator/17574

Leave. Ted. Alone.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Last I checked Ted wasnt running for Gov
    After reading all the criticism I was thinking that Cruz WAS the governor. I honestly didn't realize he was a senator. What can a senator do in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Nobody's questioning his ability to go to Cancun. It's his clearly poor leadership skills and utter lack of a sense of responsibility to represent and act in the best interest of his constituents that are the issue.

The fact that he's clearly lying through his teeth about absolutely everything involved certainly doesn't help either
    What can a senator do in this situation? I thought this was the governor's thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    After reading all the criticism I was thinking that Cruz WAS the governor. I honestly didn't realize he was a senator. What can a senator do in this case?
    Take care of his family . He has zero authority over texas power and water , same as I .
    Do something Danke

My use of the Reply button was perhaps too indiscriminate.
    You said, "I thought people were elected to be representatives".
    Fuhgeddaboudit.
    So wait.. Do Senators have constituents?
    Of course they do.
    What is the definition of a constituent in this case?
    constituent noun
    con·​stit·​u·​ent | \ kən-ˈsti-chə-wənt How to pronounce constituent (audio) \
    Kids Definition of constituent

(Entry 1 of 2)
    1 : one of the parts or materials of which something is made : element, ingredient
    2 : any of the voters who elect a person to represent them
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/constituent
    Seems rather obvious a Senator is elected to represent his constituents.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Take care of his family . He has zero authority over texas power and water , same as I .
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

He should have stayed in Cancun, no apologies.

Amazingly, he's also been criticized by few in social media for 'abandoning his family' for scoring political points.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12