Thread: Dr. Paul Broun is running for Congress again!

Dr. Paul Broun is running for Congress again!

Broun had a career 92% Freedom Index score while in Congress and often voted alone with Ron Paul, who endorsed him in an (unfortunately) failed Senate run in 2014. He isn't perfect but I would love to see him back and causing trouble for the establishment.

Former U.S. Rep. Paul Broun formally announced his challenge to Gainesville’s Doug Collins after more than a week of not-so-secret speculation.

“I’m fed up with what’s going on in Washington. I’m fed up with the Republican leadership. I’m fed up with the big government that’s been created by both political parties. We’ve been betrayed by the Republican leadership in the House and Senate,” Broun said on WDUN-AM.

Broun changed his residency to Habersham County in order to run for the ninth district seat, which neighbors his old tenth district to the north. He represented a chunk of its residents before redistricting in 2012.
    http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/03...y-challengers/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Broun had a career 92% Freedom Index score while in Congress and often voted alone with Ron Paul, who endorsed him in an (unfortunately) failed Senate run in 2014. He isn't perfect but I would love to see him back and causing trouble for the establishment.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/03...y-challengers/
    Always good to have a guy in there who's 90% with us..
    "I am a bird"

It's much easier than doctoring.

I had dinner with him one night, good guy. It's unfortunate that he wasn't able to pull it off.

Hopefully he'll be back in Congress soon
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Good for him. I hope he gets back in and joins in with the Freedom Caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Always good to have a guy in there who's 90% with us..
    Unless it's Ted Cruz of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Unless it's Ted Cruz of course.
    Correct. I would argue though that Ted is no longer 90% with us.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Correct. I would argue though that Ted is no longer 90% with us.
    89%.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedo...php?id=C001098

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    If I could believe Ted Cruz... The word 'if' is the problem... I think hes revealed himself to be such a liar that i cant believe anything he says.

I have more belief that Trump will audit the fed than Ted will shut down the IRS

I think Broun stumped with Ron back in 2012.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This is a primary challenge, rather than an open seat. What do his chances look like?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)